Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Switch can't handle Dark Souls 3, so Dark Souls Trilogy is out of the question.

GPD Win can run it, so I'm sure the switch could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Do you not understand dev cycles though? They're can't just poo poo out a quality port of all 3 games with the snap of a finger...

Meanwhile there are already fully completed versions of all 3 games on the consoles for which this trilogy was announced. They're repackaging pre existing software

DS2 and DS3 for switch simply don't exist at this point in time, it'll take some time (assuming it ever happens for DS3). Hell, they're still scrambling just to finish DS1.

It's weird, I'm seeing people expressing outrage on Reddit making that same "this is Mass effect for Wiiu all over again" comparison that you made.

E: if they do get around to porting the other two games, they are certainly going to want to sell them piecemeal to make $$$ and recoup the huge costs of porting each game to a fresh architecture

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 21, 2018

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cool. Good to know I can buy the best possible version for the Switch then.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there a general consensus on which are the best screen protectors? And what's the best thing to clean the screen with to get any oil/dust/whatever off of it before applying the protector? Is plain water and a microfiber cloth safe?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heath posted:

Is there a general consensus on which are the best screen protectors? And what's the best thing to clean the screen with to get any oil/dust/whatever off of it before applying the protector? Is plain water and a microfiber cloth safe?

That PDP one is great that everyone links. I was strongly in camp that protectors suck but having a glass one on the switch is great and I'm glad I did it.

Pretty sure it comes with an alcohol pad and cloth to clean the screen with before you apply it.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Manky posted:

Vsync adds some latency, and unity on switch keeps vsync on afaict. Dev response in RE: https://www.resetera.com/posts/9663748/
So it's only a thing if you're used to the game on a pc with a fast-response monitor and vsync off

Ah that's a shame but if it's a limitation of unity on switch there isn't much they can do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really want to play this game but it'll never come out in English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4XPuO707w

Nintendo is not going to give us an Animal Crossing for Switch, and this will likely not come out in English. What a cruel hell we live in (unless you know Japanese then you're good).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

GPD Win can run it, so I'm sure the switch could

What's a "GDP Win"?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's a "GDP Win"?

GDP Win Deez NUTZ!!!!!!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's a little atom palmtop. Like a nintendo DS, but one screen, keyboard+controller, and runs windows 10.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Manky posted:

Vsync adds some latency, and unity on switch keeps vsync on afaict. Dev response in RE: https://www.resetera.com/posts/9663748/
So it's only a thing if you're used to the game on a pc with a fast-response monitor and vsync off

pretty much every current gen console game runs with vsync enabled since the current (and correct) consensus is that consistency of input response is better than chasing meaningless numbers

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t see why people are mad about DS Trilogy. It’s not like they remade 2 and 3, they’re just releasing a package set of them with Remastered 1.

Besides, Dark Souls 1 is the only good one.:smug:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Generic Monk posted:

pretty much every current gen console game runs with vsync enabled since the current (and correct) consensus is that consistency of input response is better than chasing meaningless numbers

minimizing latency is always good, but I can’t tell it’s there at all in hollow knight

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t see why people are mad about DS Trilogy. It’s not like they remade 2 and 3, they’re just releasing a package set of them with Remastered 1.

Besides, Dark Souls 1 is the only good one.:smug:

Dark Souls 3 was better in almost every way tho.

Honestly I never really got why 1 took off other than the "it's hard" tagline. The second half of that game once you get past Anor Londo is just a big unfun slog where the quality takes a monster dive and never recovers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Is Dark Souls 3 'done' in the sense that there's not a Prepare to Die / Scholar of the First Sin edition waiting in the wings?

It already exists. "The Fire Fades Edition" comes with both DS3 DLC packs, and it's a current-gen title that already looks great and is patched to run better on PS4 Pro, so no need for a remaster.

This Dark Souls trilogy pack is kinda a low effort offering since it more than likely comes with Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls 2 SoTFS (remastered,) and Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades Edition. All three are already completed for XB1 and PS4, but since they'd have to re-remaster DS2 & DS3 for Switch, I don't see it happening.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dark Souls 3 was better in almost every way tho.

Honestly I never really got why 1 took off other than the "it's hard" tagline. The second half of that game once you get past Anor Londo is just a big unfun slog where the quality takes a monster dive and never recovers.

It's fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saints Row 3 is a lot of fun

Sell it to me for $5 and we have a deal

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dark Souls 1 has the best atmosphere and most love put into it compared to other games.

Dark Souls 2 was atrocious.

Dark Souls 3 was great, but was missing some charm in some areas.

Also, the openness of Dark Souls 1 is missing from subsequent entries.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Dark Souls 1 has the best atmosphere and most love put into it compared to other games.

Dark Souls 2 was atrocious.

Dark Souls 3 was great, but was missing some charm in some areas.

Also, the openness of Dark Souls 1 is missing from subsequent entries.

Note that only applies to the first half of 1. The back half is really bad and clearly unfinished.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Don't open the Dark Souls can of worms please!!!! This thread bloated enough, let's talk more about how good/bad BoTW is

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dark Souls 2nd half is fine outside of Alpha Izalith.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You can tell who the fake dark souls fans are because they hate DS2

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best Dark Souls is obviously Hollow Knight.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

And if the memory is less than like 3 GB's or something. Then yeah I'd get it. Speaking of Space, if I archive my Skyrim save, then I can just delete the game and re-download it if necessary and not have lost any progress? Because that thing is stupidly large.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Dark Souls moar like FART SHOALS AMIRITE

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Nintendo should make a Zelda spinoff series with the Dark Souls formula.

content
Feb 13, 2014

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

*checks snopes* y..yes. That is apparently correct.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

b_d posted:

minimizing latency is always good, but I can’t tell it’s there at all in hollow knight

yeah i can't really notice it but then again i haven't played the pc version and i'm poo poo at the game so probably not the best judge

Holy poo poo LOL

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1031921703490748421?s=19

They pulled an EA/Mass Effect 3 on WiiU. Releasing Dark Souls trilogy the same day as the Switch version of Dark Souls

would ds2 have enough interest to justify a switch port do you think?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I thought Fart Shoals was the new battle royale game?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Holy poo poo LOL

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1031921703490748421?s=19

They pulled an EA/Mass Effect 3 on WiiU. Releasing Dark Souls trilogy the same day as the Switch version of Dark Souls

Hopefully this means the only trilogy that matters will get to the Switch. The Spyro trilogy.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Question- I bought a Switch yesterday, is it normal for there to be some very faint/sparse flickering on the console's screen? My 3DSxl does almost the exact same thing, so I'm wondering whether this is something that is common in Nintendo products, or if I should return it for an exchange. Its only really noticeable on large swathes of solid color, and only happens like twice a minute or so.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Silver Snail posted:

Question- I bought a Switch yesterday, is it normal for there to be some very faint/sparse flickering on the console's screen? My 3DSxl does almost the exact same thing, so I'm wondering whether this is something that is common in Nintendo products, or if I should return it for an exchange. Its only really noticeable on large swathes of solid color, and only happens like twice a minute or so.

That sounds abnormal. What's your brightness set to? (Hold the home button while on any screen and you'll get a slider on the right)

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Sega Ages releases are looking great! Auto mapping in Phantasy Star! https://kotaku.com/classic-sega-games-on-switch-are-getting-cool-new-featu-1828496417

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Phantasy Star would have aged like fine wine if it wasn't for all the grinding and lack of automap.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can tell who the fake dark souls fans are because they hate DS2

hell yeah

fingers crossed for a remaster of 2 making it to switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Phantasy Star would have aged like fine wine if it wasn't for all the grinding and lack of automap.

The PS2 Sega Ages remake is pretty fun and cool. Unfortunately they never released that overseas, but you can play it on PC with an English translation patch.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Manky posted:

That sounds abnormal. What's your brightness set to? (Hold the home button while on any screen and you'll get a slider on the right)

Huh yeah, turning off Auto Brightness seems to make the problem go away, so I guess I'm good? Thanks.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Probably not happening. Especially not if they do a physical version.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And if the memory is less than like 3 GB's or something.
A quick check tells me the "Full Package" version with all the DLC is a little over an 8gb download on PC (at least on GOG) so it'll probably hover somewhere around that margin.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ok so I'm kinda stuck in Okami, I have no idea where I'm supposed to go.

I went to all the spots in Shinshu Field, got the cherry bombs/went to the Moon Cave/went to the Dojo/found the way to the Forest. I went back to Sakuya's tree, but Sakuya isn't answering. I spoke with Mr. Orange, and he won't do the dance until all the trees are restored. The guy in the village says there are 15 more trees which need to bloom, but I have no idea where they are. There's nothing else to do in Hana Valley as far as I can see, I can't go to the Forest because the ferry isn't running (I'm assuming that's gated until after I do this?), are the 15 other trees in Shinshu Field? Do I need to finish killing the mischief makers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I've already said it before, but I want Phantasy Star V for the Switch Sega!

• Locked thread