Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dwesa posted:

Coils are not in Raid Roulette.

Huh, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

Curious Gorge tells you not to comment on his name when you meet him implying that Curious George, and therefore and more importantly The Man with The Yellow Hat, must exist within Eorzea. In this essay I will discuss the implication and ramifications therein.

It's kind of a :wiggle: name in certain languages, so that might also be part of his indignation

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Coils Roulette would be a nightmare.

Imagine doing Second Coil, Turn 2 with pugs.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Coils Roulette would be a nightmare.

Imagine doing Second Coil, Turn 2 with pugs.

Is that the avatar? Because that would be literal hell

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Melusine. Avatar is Turn 3.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Second Coil Turn 4 would be loving hell. People can't even manage to do meteors and golems right unsync'd

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

Second Coil Turn 4 would be loving hell. People can't even manage to do meteors and golems right unsync'd

It's even harder now since sprint only lasts 10 seconds, back then you could just tell the group to stack at one point and sprint-run around the circle in unison, but with New And Improved™ sprint, that doesn't quite work out as reliably anymore

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Hi I just came to find this thread to say at the end of this event I hope we all get to watch this tower burn.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

sfwarlock posted:

Hi I just came to find this thread to say at the end of this event I hope we all get to watch this tower burn.

I hope they just leave it in the zone.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The tower just standing there forever... burning. :black101:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/west24_ff14/status/1027884298521600001

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I did T9 via subbing for other groups so I never lerned divebombs or elemental phase because those groups just cleared after heavensfalls basicallly no matter what I did. Most of coil was pretty good to me as melee dps actually, T8 or T12 had almost no mechanics for me to do.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Patch notes are up in Japanese. Should be out in English very shortly.

To summarize:

quote:

- Bug Fixes

- NMs gives more EXP now

- No. of mobs to spawn NMs reduced.

The train is dead. Long live the train?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I can't imagine any of Coil being fun in a roulette. Even the one that's just a long hallway. Especially the one that's just a long hallway.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

THE CHAIN IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE TRAIN

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bolow posted:

THE CHAIN IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE TRAIN

:stare:

Uhhh. Yeah. That'll do.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The Mario Kart strat in Nael was awful. I feel no pity for it dying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bolow posted:

THE CHAIN IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE TRAIN

I see what they did. They released Pagos terribly on purpose so that when they returned it to Anemos, everyone would settle for it just being Anemos 1.1.

Crafty, Komoto. :argh:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Welp. Made it to the top of the tower, hit the wrong key, and then ran off.

I hate this tower so much.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I like the handful of people on other sites lamenting the eureka change and how people just want rewards handed to them. Like how the gently caress can you be elitist about a mindless braindead grind? It’s not something to be proud of, it’s not an accomplishment. It’s like someone eating a stack of papers or listening to a high pitched squeal for three hours straight and thinking it meant something.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 21, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I like the handful of people on other sites lamenting the eureka change and how people just want rewards handed to them. Like how the gently caress can you be elitist about a mindless braindead grind? It’s not something to be proud of, it’s not an accomplishment. It’s like someone eating a stack of papers or listening to a high pitched squeal for three hours straight and thinking it meant something.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people don't do eureka and just want something to aspire to, similar to how many people who lamented the lack of difficulty in raids were often those who didn't raid at all.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hell yeah, pulled the Firion card from my platinum packs! That's all the tournament reward cards done!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Yeah I'm one of those weirdos that likes a good grind now and then, but not to this extent. I had my time on the FFXI treadmill and I would never wish that on anyone. Let the elitist tears flow.

Hopefully the changes will make it way more manageable now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Hell yeah, pulled the Firion card from my platinum packs! That's all the tournament reward cards done!

I need Tidus and Lightning. I was hoping that getting first place would give me betters odds in the Platinum Packs.

I got Lahabrea three times. :shepicide:

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

HiKaizer posted:

The Mario Kart strat in Nael was awful. I feel no pity for it dying.

It was hilarious.

Extra hilarious when we went into T9S and had to do meteors the 'right' way.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

DizzyBum posted:

drat man, congrats! Collecting all the TT cards is one of those things I don't think I'll ever have the willpower to struggle through. It's one heck of an accomplishment.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Some idiot was lamenting about it and I told him if he associates accomplishment with tedious time wasting repetitive tasks to go cut his loving grass with scissors.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

drat man, congrats! Collecting all the TT cards is one of those things I don't think I'll ever have the willpower to struggle through. It's one heck of an accomplishment.

Thanks! I still have plenty of cards left to get, but getting those four is a big hurdle. You have to actually try to place 1st-3rd in a tournament (lol), or get really lucky with your platinum pulls. It's taken me this long to get all of them, and I've been playing since 2.3.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some idiot was lamenting about it and I told him if he associates accomplishment with tedious time wasting repetitive tasks to go cut his loving grass with scissors.

To be fair if my scissors absorbed the latent soul energy of the grass and began to glow with an arcane light after the job was done, you can bet your rear end I'd be hunched over in the dirt clipping away.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
You've got to follow a band of landscapers around for many hours before you can do that though.

It's not a revelation but most of these people who complain about casuals getting stuff would really prefer the prime metric of success in the game being attendance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just got my BRD to 50, and I was wondering if there's any way to make procs of Mage's Ballad obvious/noticeable without having to constantly keep your eye on the skill bar? It would be so much easier if there were some obvious sound or visual cue to watch out for. As is, it's hard to pay attention to both the boss/positioning and my bar.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So I just got my BRD to 50, and I was wondering if there's any way to make procs of Mage's Ballad obvious/noticeable without having to constantly keep your eye on the skill bar? It would be so much easier if there were some obvious sound or visual cue to watch out for. As is, it's hard to pay attention to both the boss/positioning and my bar.

I put skills that I want to keep an eye on for procs or cooldown reasons on a separate action bar that I enlarge, then i put said bar near middle of screen to make it very visible when the skill is ready to use again.

Other then that, you'd have to resort to using ACT plugins, which you can set up to play sound effects for various procs/buffs/debuffs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Although if you don't like keeping track of stuff like that then uh, Bard might not be the job for you

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Ytlaya posted:

Just wam that bloodletter button ALL THE TIME. (mostly kidding, though when you build up enough crit that is what is it going to feel like)

Just get into the habit of watching for the proc, and as others said brd is heavily proc based, so you're going to be watching for things from here on out, you'll either get the hang of it or decide its not the job for you.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I do wish it had the same general "your poo poo's ready" sound cue as max-stack Pitch Perfect. Don't care if getting a ton of lucky procs in a row would sound silly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Just mashing Bloodletter actually sounds like a fairly reasonable solution to this problem, lol.

It seems like once I get this Wanderer's Minuet song that I'll basically be able to keep up a song non-stop.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ytlaya posted:

Just mashing Bloodletter actually sounds like a fairly reasonable solution to this problem, lol.

It seems like once I get this Wanderer's Minuet song that I'll basically be able to keep up a song non-stop.

Yep. You'll actually want to cut off Army's Paeon at 10 seconds remaining at that point to keep your 80 second cooldowns (Barrage and Raging Strikes) aligned with Wanderer's, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ejika Tsunjika posted:

This must all seem so very petty to you. Doubtless you will claim that your gift, your Echo, is not at all the blessing the rest of us believe it to be.

The Warrior of Light posted:

- Yes, it has its drawbacks.

> - No, it's pretty much just a blessing.

I'm disappointed choosing the obvious rear end in a top hat option didn't lead to anything funny.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Are you guys excited for the new tomestone?

:v: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e227c6a66c646a63866ad156c29eabd1a489b575

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The tomestone icon is just a picture of Phil Collin's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Every week I tell myself, "okay next week will be the week I remember to turn on collectible synthesis before I make all my custom delivery items"

Today I tell myself the same thing again