Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Beast: Bonus to initiative AND speed, AND do lethal unarmed.
Darkling: Transform into something insubstantial (Smoke, Shadow, Sunbeam, or a sound) and stay that way for three turns
Fairest: Spend willpower on another's behalf.
Ogre: Tag people with Beaten Down whenever you hit them
Wizened: Crap diamonds

Elemental: ... Do normal actions that don't require tools at a range of 3 meters, I guess?

I dunno, some of those are better than others, but the Elemental Blessing feels week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

They’ve got those contract extras too. But yeah, it’s a little underwhelming.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

100 years after an epic battle between vampires and werewolves takes place, the vampires celebrate the anniversary of the day they killed off all of the werewolves with a large party of vampires and gothic mortals. Then a shocking guest shows up unexpectedly to seek revenge on the vampire he watched kill his sister.. This guest, the lone werewolf who got away.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

......So Underworld?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Nessus posted:

How loving DARE you insinuate that Zak S. is anything less than loving awesome, now he's going to take a break from providing intensive medical care to his loved ones to get you doxxed. BINCH.

(yeah)

i don't understand how "RPG writer" is such a hard-to-come-by profession that The Shittiest People Online continue to moonwalk right into massive (for the industry, at least) book deals and contracts. I also really REALLY dislike how fast he and his supporters are to throw the marginalized folx he works with around like shields.
I've submitted writing to a handful of tabletop anthologies and upcoming releases, what else should I be doing to get attention? Posting stuff on the Onyx Path forums? Running a play-by-post?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i don't understand how "RPG writer" is such a hard-to-come-by profession that The Shittiest People Online continue to moonwalk right into massive (for the industry, at least) book deals and contracts. I also really REALLY dislike how fast he and his supporters are to throw the marginalized folx he works with around like shields.

This kind of applies to everything everywhere all the time: Most people just don't care, especially if they're already friendly toward the harasser. "There are a million other things to pay attention to than all this weird ~drama~ and, look, he really did/does take care of his medically fragile girlfriend and he's a booster for some things that I like." As absolutely devastating as it should've been to his reputation, it seems like very few people even actually heard about him accidentally outing his fake SAppelcline account on reddit and then lamely explaining "Well, it was my friend's """joke""" and they use my computer all the time and that's why I accidentally replied as myself under the fake shitposting account pretending to be one of the people I have a long-standing weird grudge against." For all that he definitely has a group of followers who will "get at" people he singles out, I bet most of the people who read his blog glossed over that one post where he provided a big tangle of links to Twitter, including to some completely innocuous side-chat, and explicitly told his fans to go report those tweets.

Even if he was somehow 100% innocent of all the stuff that's more behind-the-scenes-y, he is still openly, blatantly a really lovely harassing rear end in a top hat, but in a way that it is (apparently) very easy for most people to ignore. It's weird and disheartening that he can so cavalierly be, at best, just as bad as he says everyone else is and somehow get all that swept under the rug, but people just have to keep outing his behavior until it finally sinks in, because the only other option is giving up and letting gently caress YOU DAD: The Person keep harassing people in perpetuity.

quote:

I've submitted writing to a handful of tabletop anthologies and upcoming releases, what else should I be doing to get attention? Posting stuff on the Onyx Path forums? Running a play-by-post?

Don't be a weird stalker about it (obviously), but striking up a friendship with people who are already freelancers for stuff you want to work on seems to be the most reliable way of actually getting into it.

EDIT: Please never do anything substantial for free, no matter how friendly you get with whoever is asking. It contributes to the exploitative nature of the industry in a very preventable way, and also the money is there, somewhere, to pay you if they really need that work done. And if the money really truly isn't available, maybe they shouldn't pretend-hire someone for the job. And when it comes to less-than-substantial things, be wary.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 20, 2018

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE - I can't sustain this form for more than a few seconds.

Probably get to know people, yeah. At one convention it was revealed to me that editors like Scotch, but I would at this stage in my life have ethical problems empowering alcohol abuse.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
edit:

That Old Tree posted:

Even if he was somehow 100% innocent of all the stuff that's more behind-the-scenes-y, he is still openly, blatantly a really lovely harassing rear end in a top hat, but in a way that it is (apparently) very easy for most people to ignore. It's weird and disheartening that he can so cavalierly be, at best, just as bad as he says everyone else is and somehow get all that swept under the rug, but people just have to keep outing his behavior until it finally sinks in, because the only other option is giving up and letting gently caress YOU DAD: The Person keep harassing people in perpetuity.

Yeah a few other nerdy friends who knew him years ago claimed that a lot of the proof against him was fabricated by GamerGate, but, like, his blog? Seems really obvious? Sane people don't write eight thousand words slamming someone about not liking Star Wars. (Or vampire books for that matter but ha ha gently caress me, my line in the sand has significance!)

Some friends and I are producing short, system-agnostic adventures and LitRPGs, we don't have anything finished yet, but none of us have the slightest idea how to go about promoting our work. RPG.net, RPGgeek, I think Enworld is a system-specific forum now, where are beginners sharing their work?

. . . Outside of this forum, I mean? I'm definitely going to post when I have something, I'm just planning for the future.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 20, 2018

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Nessus posted:

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE - I can't sustain this form for more than a few seconds.

Probably get to know people, yeah. At one convention it was revealed to me that editors like Scotch, but I would at this stage in my life have ethical problems empowering alcohol abuse.

Bring a fancy scotch tape dispenser, and start off by casually sliding it to them obvious-bribe style and saying "I heard writers like scotch..."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

edit:

Yeah a few other nerdy friends who knew him years ago claimed that a lot of the proof against him was fabricated by GamerGate, but, like, his blog? Seems really obvious? Sane people don't write eight thousand words slamming someone about not liking Star Wars. (Or vampire books for that matter but ha ha gently caress me, my line in the sand has significance!)

Some friends and I are producing short, system-agnostic adventures and LitRPGs, we don't have anything finished yet, but none of us have the slightest idea how to go about promoting our work. RPG.net, RPGgeek, I think Enworld is a system-specific forum now, where are beginners sharing their work?

. . . Outside of this forum, I mean? I'm definitely going to post when I have something, I'm just planning for the future.

RPGnet is probably a good place, oddly enough you may also have success on Discords for various games. (I know that at least one dude was hired for future Scion stuff off the Scion Discord by virtue of just being the most knowledgeable person around re: Ireland.)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a good resource for finding groups online? WtF games seem super rare, and I'm dying to play.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is there a good resource for finding groups online? WtF games seem super rare, and I'm dying to play.

Good luck, I ended up just running my own on Facebook because I got tired of waiting. That said you can pm me your Facebook name and I'll add you to my contact list for the next game I start. A friend is going to run changeling in a couple weeks and we might need another player for that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Good luck, I ended up just running my own on Facebook because I got tired of waiting. That said you can pm me your Facebook name and I'll add you to my contact list for the next game I start. A friend is going to run changeling in a couple weeks and we might need another player for that.

Will do, thanks! Though I have to be upfront, my only internet access for the time being is a smartphone.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Kurieg posted:

......So Underworld?
That reminds me: I chortled when I saw that there was an actual clip from Underworld in the World of Darkness documentary trailer. Can anyone who's seen it confirm whether they actually try to take credit for it?

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Been reading around about V5 and... is it true that there's a bunch of loresheets missing from the print book? Apparently there's a couple dozen pages that are only in the PDF but aren't in the print book and that includes a bunch of loresheets as well as GM advice like "hey, maybe you should kind of be careful about rape themes if your players find the subject matter difficult".

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Warthur posted:

Been reading around about V5 and... is it true that there's a bunch of loresheets missing from the print book? Apparently there's a couple dozen pages that are only in the PDF but aren't in the print book and that includes a bunch of loresheets as well as GM advice like "hey, maybe you should kind of be careful about rape themes if your players find the subject matter difficult".

I don't know about the loresheets, but the Considerate Play section was going to be a paid, separate product, but then the Kotaku article about an unwanted rape-y scenario during a demo happened, and now it's automatically stuffed into the back of the PDF. I can't remember if they said they'd add it to any further print runs for the physical books. I'm sure the edgelord crowd would prize highly the books without that section in it.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
So how is V5 looking, overall? Good? Bad?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

From reading through the thread since the beginning (long days at work) and following the V5 debacle, it seems like a mixed bag. A few folks have praised aspects of the game while also pointing out the issues with the new mechanics.

Divorced of NuWW idiocy I feel like the game probably would have just been a bit of a "Meh" affair from what I've read from others, but with that tsunami of bad press and stupid poo poo that NuWW has said/done it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth, regardless of actual quality.

Also apparently the other two books that were supposed to launch with the core guide didn't for reasons I don't remember, so lol if you pre-ordered the deluxe 3 book set.

Basically it sounds like sticking with Requiem or V20 are the way to go.

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

Just finished the first episode of my new chronicle. I have essentially reworked my Requiem setting and so far it all fits quite well. The metaplot is such now I can work in elements of a modern Church of Caine, a heightened sense of paranoia due to the Second Inquisition (I have them called Runners - as the elders have nicked named them after the Bow Street Runners), and also the Cult of Mithras, all while the main politics is the Anarchs, refugees from London, and the Camarilla who are now acting as a distant power rather than an active force in the city except to keep the masquerade.

Rules wise my players have taken to it, as I have players who have played a previous edition, CofD 1e or CofD 2e, and the new rules set plays very fast, and this mirrors the play through we did for the podcast and that I did at UKGE.

Hunger is not as intrusive as you would expect, and nor are compulsions, which have acted as good prods for players to roleplay the vampiric condition. The Hunger dice if anything are like using a Jenga tower in Dread. Hunger dice can be managed, and controlled, but eventually it will gently caress up. Predator Types are also a useful way of thinking more about how the character hunts, and so they get a few dots when you build the character so that they are at least skilled in hunting in one particular fashion. Taking half on dice rolls also helps speed up things that characters can do given time to breathe, which again stops Hunger being a threat.

As for the rest. Art, some I like, some I dislike, some of it my players like and dislike, but generally they are onboard with the "glossy magazine look". Text wise, I find it easier to read on a tablet or a mobile device as it is 1.5 spaced, or something like that.

So overall I like it, there is room for improvement and organisation, and in places being not so tone deaf or as edgy. And my players have enjoyed it and have said it is the best version of Masquerade, or gives them the feel of vampires such as in the work of Anne Rice, or Being Human UK

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

That Old Tree posted:

I don't know about the loresheets, but the Considerate Play section was going to be a paid, separate product, but then the Kotaku article about an unwanted rape-y scenario during a demo happened, and now it's automatically stuffed into the back of the PDF. I can't remember if they said they'd add it to any further print runs for the physical books. I'm sure the edgelord crowd would prize highly the books without that section in it.

They said that the second printing would have everything additional in it. The extra stuff is the warning at the front, about 8 more loresheets, and the appendices on 'don't be a dickbag and talk to each other about comfort level'. The PDF also lacks the 'sample prey' section.

joylessdivision posted:

Also apparently the other two books that were supposed to launch with the core guide didn't for reasons I don't remember, so lol if you pre-ordered the deluxe 3 book set.

The Cam and Anarch books were never supposed to launch with the core. They were always slated for October/November, and Mophidius and WW were pretty upfront in the preorder process (I got emails about it during the last month of preorder from Mophidius) that if you bought a bundle, it'd all ship together when the other books released. Considering these are sealed products and shrinkwrapped because every book has a PDF, it being one 'unit' is exactly the same as how most other box sets go.

Bedlamdan posted:

My group so far is enjoying it (I'm back to being Forever Storyteller for vampire, but after the Mage game fell apart I wasn't sure I was going to get to run much of anything, and the usual vampire group is much more reliable in general). There are some things that we found questionable (I don't like how Armor works, and the example of the conflict-based combat in the book is not clear on how it actually works; Karim and Jason clarified some stuff on Facebook with that though). The changing up of attributes is fine, paring down skills is alright (there are some consolidations that I am not super fond of, but it's alright), character creation was really good (there was a lot more depth to the characters in creation it felt like using V5, and the relationship map is really helpful as an ST to keep things and people the players regularly interact with down and ready to reference). We ran some mock tests and messy crits and bestial failures didn't come up much; I would say probably 2 out of 20 rolls, maybe? The Discipline trees are probably my favorite thing out of it. I am generally about 80/20 on the lore; overall I like the 'tapestry' of what they have done, though there are some things I wouldn't have done in the same instances.

Honestly, it is a change. And people who were expecting 'V20, but with updated metaplot' probably won't like it. It changes up the system to streamline a lot of things, moves around attributes and strips out ones that were often problematic (like Appearance). The fandom is super divided on it though. It might be worth downloading the Quickstart from the WoD website, as it walks you through the mechanics and other changes in a chapter-by-chapter breakdown and gives you a story to run, so it might help you make up your mind.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Did that 14/88 reference actually make it into the book, and if so could someone post a screencap/citation?

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Did that 14/88 reference actually make it into the book, and if so could someone post a screencap/citation?

It didn't and it was never in the book itself; it was in one of the alpha documents.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I'm going to be running a V5 chronicle for a group of entirely new people very soon (one of them has played bloodlines but that's the extent of it). It shall be interesting to see how people react to the rules when it's their first vampire experience

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The Hunger mechanic seems legitimately cool and potentially worth house ruling into other games. The rest of the mechanics are largely inoffensive. The setting material is one of those things where I guess I'm glad the people who wanted it got it, but for me and most of the people I know it's different enough it's inherently not where we will go for Masquerade stuff specifically, and owing to the largely "meh" nature of everything else there's no other draw.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MoonKnight posted:

The Cam and Anarch books were never supposed to launch with the core. They were always slated for October/November, and Mophidius and WW were pretty upfront in the preorder process (I got emails about it during the last month of preorder from Mophidius) that if you bought a bundle, it'd all ship together when the other books released. Considering these are sealed products and shrinkwrapped because every book has a PDF, it being one 'unit' is exactly the same as how most other box sets go.

Oh I'm just an idiot who miss read the Modiphus site when the pre-orders launched. Whoops.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I like how 5e does melee versus ranged combat although in general I'd prefer that Storyteller combat minigames be simplified much more ruthlessly.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I guess I'll share the relationship map I've been making for my V5 game

This is before the first session, so a lot of the ... SPCs are missing as of yet. This is just backgrounds, contacts, sires, etc.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 22, 2018

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Warthur posted:

Pagecount:
physical 398, pdf 425

From what I've found, the Pdf is missing: "50 victims" in front and back covers (the cuckold controversy)

And the physical is missing:

Mature Content Warning
Loresheets-
Descendant of Tyler loresheet (Brujah)
Descendant of Zelios loresheet (Nosferatu)
Descendant of Vasantasena loresheet (Malkavian)
High Clan loresheet
Low Clan loresheet
Ambrus Maropis loresheet
Carmelita Neillson loresheet
Fiorenza Savona loresheet
Descendant of Karl Schrekt loresheet (Tremere)
Descendant of Xaviar loresheet (Gangrel)
Appendix I: Standard Feats
Appendix II: Projects
Appendix III: Advice for Considerate Play

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Firstborn posted:

This is before the first session, so a lot of the ... SPCs are missing as of yet. This is just backgrounds, contacts, sires, etc.

Relationship maps are good and best and I'm delighted every time I see one. Very cool.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

That Old Tree posted:

The Hunger mechanic seems legitimately cool and potentially worth house ruling into other games. The rest of the mechanics are largely inoffensive. The setting material is one of those things where I guess I'm glad the people who wanted it got it, but for me and most of the people I know it's different enough it's inherently not where we will go for Masquerade stuff specifically, and owing to the largely "meh" nature of everything else there's no other draw.

From what I kinda remember Requiem already had soft hunger mechanics, funnily enough. Sounds like they might have stolen the idea of quantifying it that way from them?

The difference is that the amount of vitae left in a vampire determines hunger. It's basically tracked by milestones in the vitae track. It sounds like this new take on Masquerade just cribbed the concept from them and reversed the way it's tracked while putting hunger front and center over vitae tracking.

To give an idea of it, at like 6 or so vitae left I think that qualifies as a new vampire being definitively capital-H Hungry to the point where it's starting to gnaw at them and imposes willpower penalties to resist going into frenzy when presented with the opportunity to feed.

Go to 4-5 and they're officially in "probably going to wig the gently caress out on the nearest blood bag the second it shows up" mode due to the severe penalties to self control. 3 is starving and if a vampire lets themselves get to 3 (suggested in some fiction to often be the result of newbie vamps trying to convince them they can abstain from feeding. It works as well as you'd expect.) you're pretty much guaranteed some bad/degeneration inducing poo poo is going down due to the dice penalties unless they have a friend/touchstone on hand that helps them feed under a controlled situation.

To give an idea of how a 3 goes in practice. One mini-story in a 1e book goes into what a vamp does when he tries to starve himself to avoid hurting other people. It ends with him chancing across a bar fight and literally eating a guy's face off when someone's nose gets broken during the brawl. At which point he eventually comes too and immediately breaks down sobbing and screaming upon realizing what he did. This is all written from the perspective of a different vamp blasely/exasperatedly recounting the situation as to why such tactics don't work in the long run. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 22, 2018

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Archonex posted:

From what I kinda remember Requiem already had soft hunger mechanics, funnily enough. Sounds like they might have stolen the idea of quantifying it that way from them?

The difference is that the amount of vitae left in a vampire determines hunger. It's basically tracked by milestones in the vitae track. It sounds like this new take on Masquerade just cribbed the concept from them and reversed the way it's tracked while putting hunger front and center over vitae tracking.

To give an idea of it, at like 6 or so vitae left I think that qualifies as a new vampire being definitively capital-H Hungry to the point where it's starting to gnaw at them and imposes willpower penalties to resist going into frenzy when presented with the opportunity to feed.

Go to 4-5 and they're officially in "probably going to wig the gently caress out on the nearest blood bag the second it shows up" mode due to the severe penalties to self control. 3 is starving and if a vampire lets themselves get to 3 (suggested in some fiction to often be the result of newbie vamps trying to convince them they can abstain from feeding. It works as well as you'd expect.) you're pretty much guaranteed some bad/degeneration inducing poo poo is going down due to the dice penalties unless they have a friend/touchstone on hand that helps them feed under a controlled situation.

To give an idea of how a 3 goes in practice. One mini-story in a 1e book goes into what a vamp does when he tries to starve himself to avoid hurting other people. It ends with him chancing across a bar fight and literally eating a guy's face off when someone's nose gets broken during the brawl. At which point he eventually comes too and immediately breaks down sobbing and screaming upon realizing what he did. This is all written from the perspective of a different vamp blasely/exasperatedly recounting the situation as to why such tactics don't work in the long run. :stonk:

Requiem 1e defined it as <5 vitae as Hungry, <2 as Starving.
Requiem 2e is <5 vitae is Hungry, <3 is Starving. This is no matter the BP if the vampire.

Hunger dice in V5 is even more granular than that then. But it is the same rules no matter the BP of the vampire. BP will alter how quickly you will increase in Hunger given that higher BP means you heal more per rouse check, and you can reroll the rouse check for increasing levels of Disciplines.

And all of the above is more granular than V20 and precursors, given that Hungry is defined as vitae less than 7-Self Control. There is no definition of starving, and the rules really only refer to this with respect to hunger based frenzy, while Requiem has hungry and starving influence all frenzy rules. So you can see how V5 is an evolution again to make that hunger a constant mood within the game.

dr_ether fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 22, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Firstborn posted:

I really like the last name "Savoy". Good, strong south Louisiana name that is underused.

Also, since you have a Boudreau, there needs to be a Thibodeau as a close connection. Rival or best friend, doesn't matter.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
I've been involved in a playtest group for a big discord game of V20 considering switching over. I actually like V5 a lot but it is definitely the largest change VTM has seen in a long time. My favorite parts are the new hunger system and the alternate discipline levels - for example, Protean 1 can either be the eyes or making yourself weightless and immune to falling damage and potence 1 can make you do unarmed agg to mortals or jump really far/high. I took the latter of each on a Gangrel and made a courier type of character in New York City that I'm having a lot of fun with.

Firstborn posted:

What program did you use for this, photoshop? I made mine in powerpoint, but this looks dope.

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Commissar Budgie posted:

I've been involved in a playtest group for a big discord game of V20 considering switching over. I actually like V5 a lot but it is definitely the largest change VTM has seen in a long time. My favorite parts are the new hunger system and the alternate discipline levels - for example, Protean 1 can either be the eyes or making yourself weightless and immune to falling damage and potence 1 can make you do unarmed agg to mortals or jump really far/high. I took the latter of each on a Gangrel and made a courier type of character in New York City that I'm having a lot of fun with.

My players are two Ventrue (who have turned out quite different thanks to the choice of disciplines, skills and predator type) and a Malkavian, so seeing how you have built a Gangrel that isn't a brawler is really cool.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Commissar Budgie posted:

What program did you use for this, photoshop? I made mine in powerpoint, but this looks dope.

draw.io, exported it as a png. Also saved it as an .xml for updating purposes.
Used http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/ for the tokens. (red border is mortal, black is vampire)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 22, 2018

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I also made this for "play", which will be at the (virtual) table able to be drawn on during the game to... well, almost update your status on how you openly feel about the other players, and a visual "gamey" representation of the character map that'll later be added to the more infographic-y one I posted before. Leave it to the players to fill.

based on the example in the V5 rulebook

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

The one my layers made.

Still missing some details on Touchstones, and this will need to be translated to a larger sheet.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I often use network graphing software for similar things. My cluster maps of the corporate oWoD were made with it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Loomer posted:

I often use network graphing software for similar things. My cluster maps of the corporate oWoD were made with it.

Finally, a social science degree coming in handy. I used to use network graphing software too. Now I just use MindNode to throw up quick charts. I've been doing this for many years for my NPCs. I guess I'm glad that it will be used more? It's a really great way of keeping track of how the characters interact with everyone around them.

That and I keep a master list of favors owed which comes in handy, but depends on the aim of the group at the time.