Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m on board wIth them doing no marketing at all for Avengers 4. They could do it, too; they could not release a single trailer or tv spot, and it would still smash records

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m on board wIt’s them doing no marketing at all for Avengers 4. They could do it, too; they could not release a single trailer or tv spot, and it would still smash records

Well sure if you include the free media from the literal army of star superheroes they have to send out for the press tour, but fans expect both teasers and trailers these days and ya gotta feed the beast.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If they put out something now itd just be one of those stupid things where its just the words CAPTAIN MARVEL with a lens flare effect telling me that in 3 months the next teaser that might have two seconds of actual footage will be coming out

I'd rather just wait till they have something to show

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tango Hotel Alpha November Oscar Sierra

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Tango Hotel Alpha November Oscar Sierra

Is that an important wrestler? Does the Thanos suit make some manner of sense?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

No and no

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's the Intercontinental Champion pal. All the continents.

Well he would be if not for cheating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

That's the Intercontinental Champion pal. All the continents.

Well he would be if not for cheating.

Look, if it ain't the Rock, it ain't important.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I actually haven't been following wrestling for a while, but when I was Seth Rollins was a top contender. So was Roman Reigns and of course THAT CAN'T STILL BE THE CASE

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I'd love to see The Scarlet spider outfit on the big screen but i know they'd have to "movie-fie" it and it would probably lose something in the process.

(This is in response to homecoming posts a bit ago)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'd love to see The Scarlet spider outfit on the big screen but i know they'd have to "movie-fie" it and it would probably lose something in the process.

(This is in response to homecoming posts a bit ago)

Which one?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seth Rollins is consistently one of the best performers week in and week out in WWE, gets the reactions desired for his alignment at a given time, and has held pretty much every title they have (except for the new top championship). He's absolutely important.

But no, the costume isn't really relevant in any way, just a fun thing he did.

The New Day dressed in Sonic-themed costumes.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

Does the Thanos suit make some manner of sense?

Modern day wrestlers are huge nerds that play video games and read comics instead of snorting mattresses covered in coke. So when big shows come around there's always a few dudes that add cosplay elements with their gear.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Rhyno posted:

Which one?

Blue hoodie and red spandex,i just think it's a great iconic suit.

And if i was a big famous wrestler i'd be cosplaying every loving day lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

The New Day dressed in Sonic-themed costumes.

Their dbz armor intro was great

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Modern day wrestlers are huge nerds that play video games and read comics instead of snorting mattresses covered in coke. So when big shows come around there's always a few dudes that add cosplay elements with their gear.

There's a lot of overlap between comics and wrestling fans, which makes sense since wrestlers are basically doing superhero pretend complete with bulging muscles and tight spandex

I dunno how much he does it now but Finn Balor frequently wrestled in Venom cosplay

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And if i was a big famous wrestler i'd be cosplaying every loving day lol.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

omg every single one of those is glorious.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Athletes also used uniforms in the Olympics but they were much more...form fitting

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The US bobsled team wore XO suits a few years ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

There's a lot of overlap between comics and wrestling fans, which makes sense since wrestlers are basically doing superhero pretend complete with bulging muscles and tight spandex

I dunno how much he does it now but Finn Balor frequently wrestled in Venom cosplay

This actually started out when he had taken a break due to illness and he'd lost some muscle definition, so he started painting himself to cover that up some. He did a bunch of different paint schemes before getting hired by WWE, and now it's all a variation on "The Demon" which is clearly Venom-inspired, though he's played around with it a bit.

In any case, he hadn't done it in awhile (since before he got injured after coming to the main roster, I think?) then came out this past Sunday for a nothing match, and then didn't on Monday for a title match, cementing him as Dumb As gently caress.

You can see some of them here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/nicholaswray/prince-finn-balor?utm_term=.niWyBaAwx#.sw4xLMqrO

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I remember this video of Finn where he was dressed as Bane from Dark Knight Rises.
That was awesome.

Also why all this talk about Superhero Wrestlers and no mention of Hurricane Helms?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Affleck is back in rehab again so it looks like if DC actually wants to make a Batman movie any time soon they're going to have to recast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if they made one about Bruce Wayne in rehab. Has anyone done that story?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Batman: Venom?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if Bruce Wayne's alcoholism wasn't an act?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

muscles like this! posted:

Affleck is back in rehab again so it looks like if DC actually wants to make a Batman movie any time soon they're going to have to recast.

Wasn't the Batman movie pretty much a no-go as soon as Affleck saw the scripts?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

More like as soon as he saw the scrips

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Heyooooo!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

What if they made one about Bruce Wayne in rehab. Has anyone done that story?

Yeah, it's called Ironman.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's drunk for like one issue in the comic, one scene in the movies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Rehab's like 30 days

quote:

However, despite its big build, some critics have reacted disapprovingly to Phoenix’s ability to portray the Joker. Asked directly about the negative press, he answered: “I don’t really think that much about what people think,” in an interview with IndieWire.

“Who cares, who cares?” he added.

“My approach to every movie is the same. What I’m interested in is the filmmaker and the idea of the character”, he admitted.

“I think more than anything, and probably the most important thing, is [the director] Todd seems very passionate about it and very giving, and so that’s exciting”, he added.
Source

Of all the critiques of this Joker film or any prospective Joker film "Joaquin Phoenix is the wrong actor" is like the least convincing one. Him being attached is the only thing that this movie has going for it as far as I'm concerned.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 24, 2018

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I really don't like Phoenix but I think criticizing any actor playing Joker is pretty stupid as he has already had three radically different portrayals in movies so casting Phoenix is keeping in line with that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

I really don't like Phoenix

What have you seen? He's incredible.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Guardians 3 officially put on hold

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

What have you seen? He's incredible.

Mostly he seems like the kind of guy who gets high on his own farts (ie very smug) and ever since my buddy mentioned that his lisps through his movies I can't stop hearing the lisp every time he talks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Well I guess any hope that Disney would find a resolution is now gone.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure Batista is this close to storming Bob Iger's office and power-bombing him through his desk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When he does it, it's called a Batista Bomb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Taika Waititi had a meeting with Disney recently about something unknown, and right now if there's anyone who could replicate the first two GOTG films in the Disney director stable, it's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Taika Waititi had a meeting with Disney recently about something unknown, and right now if there's anyone who could replicate the first two GOTG films in the Disney director stable, it's him.

Well if they wanna add Thor to the Guardians, I don't think people would complain.

• Locked thread