Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Johnny Truant posted:

Always wanted to know what a facehugger and an Xbox controller's spawn would look like.

I legit thought it was a terribly misdrawn Infinity Gauntlet coming out of the controller at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They spelled "Procreate" wrong

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
They spelled "resuscitate" wrong.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

10 Beers posted:

I legit thought it was a terribly misdrawn Infinity Gauntlet coming out of the controller at first.

No bullshit, that's exactly what I thought at first.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

10 Beers posted:

I thought this as well. I was wondering why it mattered that the picture was mirrored.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Either I'm confused about how surgeries work or this person is. Is that a thing? To be VACCINATED when you have surgery? Because there are a lot of things that might go into your body during a procedure, but I didn't think vaccines were one of them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

10 Beers posted:

It’s not?!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

It sure looks like it, but it's actually a ribcage inside an xbox controller

I've got no idea why

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Vato posted:

Either I'm confused about how surgeries work or this person is. Is that a thing? To be VACCINATED when you have surgery? Because there are a lot of things that might go into your body during a procedure, but I didn't think vaccines were one of them.

I think this person is antivax and thinks that, when they go in for surgery, the docs who are just tools of BIG VACCINE will give them poo poo about the tattoo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think the person is just incredibly, painfully stupid.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Docs ignore almost every kind of medical tattoo anyway. Allergy tattoos are the only ones that they might observe.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not that it matters because there is literally no circumstance in which an unconscious adult would be given a vaccine.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CommonShore posted:

Not that it matters because there is literally no circumstance in which an unconscious adult would be given a vaccine.

In a coma after a wild animal attack for some reason? I dunno.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I was wondering about rabies as the exception.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So extremely unlikely as to basically be like a "ticking time bomb" scenario. And they'd probably ignore it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I was wondering about rabies as the exception.

Or like if you fell 5 stories onto a rusty nail and survived would they give you a tetanus booster?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
So then due to not wanting operate on a big bag of diseases, they just let them die.

Darwin works in mysterious ways.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

So extremely unlikely as to basically be like a "ticking time bomb" scenario. And they'd probably ignore it.

What's unlikely is to be in a situation where they're forgoing consent because it's immediate, life-saving intervention. But I have little doubt that when that happens and a vaccine is part of standard care, then you get the vaccine. Get mauled by a bear, get a rabies vaccine; get impaled on some rebar, get a tetanus booster.

Tattoo person probably thinks doctors are just waiting for a moment of weakness to start jabbing you with vaccinations, because her regular doctor keeps harping on Hep B boosters every time she comes in with a new tattoo.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I wonder how "soon" this surgery is/was after that ink.

I actually rescheduled a long-standing appointment with my artist (seriously, she's booked out months in advance and she only had two available slots left for the year when I told her I needed to reschedule) because I ended up getting scheduled for surgery a week after what would have been our session, and I was a bit concerned about a healing tattoo in a surgical setting/potential for infections/whatnot. I mean sure, it's possible I was worrying needlessly, but why take the chance, you know? Fortunately, my artist is a serious pro, supercool and super awesome, and she totally understood my concerns.

gently caress yeah I'll pimp her Instagram. One of my tatts is even in her feed.

So I'm just wondering what sort of staph infections this antivaxxer is gonna end up with if they have surgery too soon after getting that done.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Aug 23, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I wonder how "soon" this surgery is/was after that ink.

I actually rescheduled a long-standing appointment with my artist (seriously, she's booked out months in advance and she only had two available slots left for the year when I told her I needed to reschedule) because I ended up getting scheduled for surgery a week after what would have been our session, and I was a bit concerned about a healing tattoo in a surgical setting/potential for infections/whatnot. I mean sure, it's possible I was worrying needlessly, but why take the chance, you know? Fortunately, my artist is a serious pro, supercool and super awesome, and she totally understood my concerns.

gently caress yeah I'll pimp her Instagram. One of my tatts is even in her feed.

So I'm just wondering what sort of staph infections this antivaxxer is gonna end up with if they have surgery too soon after getting that done.

If you are scared they will vaccine you while you are under, you are too stupid to be concerned about actual concerns.

If you think the docs are so corrupt they would vaccine you against your will while asleep, why would you think a tattoo would stop them?!?!?!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Bombadilillo posted:

If you are scared they will vaccine you while you are under, you are too stupid to be concerned about actual concerns.

If you think the docs are so corrupt they would vaccine you against your will while asleep, why would you think a tattoo would stop them?!?!?!

Oh yeah? Well https://www.instagram.com/p/BkZElq-AcXY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bombadilillo posted:

Fair point. I always forget there's a certain subset of people that it's impossible to apply logic to, because for them it just doesn't exist.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

there wolf posted:

What's unlikely is to be in a situation where they're forgoing consent because it's immediate, life-saving intervention. But I have little doubt that when that happens and a vaccine is part of standard care, then you get the vaccine. Get mauled by a bear, get a rabies vaccine; get impaled on some rebar, get a tetanus booster.

Tattoo person probably thinks doctors are just waiting for a moment of weakness to start jabbing you with vaccinations, because her regular doctor keeps harping on Hep B boosters every time she comes in with a new tattoo.

Kind of an aside, what makes you think it's a woman? It's a bad photo but I see a lot of bumps in that picture like the forearm is very hairy when not shaved.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The language and use of emojis makes me think it's a woman.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

jit bull transpile posted:

Kind of an aside, what makes you think it's a woman? It's a bad photo but I see a lot of bumps in that picture like the forearm is very hairy when not shaved.

Language and the floral design? They just look like they have older skin rather than bumpy from shaving, but it's not a hill I'm going to die on.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I hope that ribbon was left as negative space so they can colour it in to match whatever cause of the week they support

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

starkebn posted:

I hope that ribbon was left as negative space so they can colour it in to match whatever cause of the week they support

That's a Jesus Fish if I'm not mistaken.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

That's a Jesus Fish if I'm not mistaken.

Mmmm, probably. It's ambiguous enough they could use it both ways.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

starkebn posted:

Mmmm, probably. It's ambiguous enough they could use it both ways.

Alls Is knows is that that dude is going to regret those tattoos when the sun is beating down like a motherfucker on him.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

jet fuel can't melt... red bricks?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lots of "I Love Satan" stuff that didn't go well with the new "I Love Jesus" lifestyle?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

Lots of "I Love Satan" stuff that didn't go well with the new "I Love Jesus" lifestyle?

Wouldn't Jesus want you to love Satan, as a member of the set "everybody"?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I've seen these multiple times and yes it's a big coverup after a conversion. The want a big striking image like a wall of black with jesus being the only light. Man.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I see that Jenga is a tool of the Illuminati.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I see that Jenga is a tool of the Illuminati.

This is an awful tattoo for all kinds of other reasons, but what the gently caress is going on with the brick texture? All of the bricks are at a totally different angle from the planes of the building.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wallet posted:

This is an awful tattoo for all kinds of other reasons, but what the gently caress is going on with the brick texture? All of the bricks are at a totally different angle from the planes of the building.

Plus, each stone / brick is about 50' tall, assuming constant scale of 1368/27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

blackout tats actually own. this one has been defaced. find comfort in the fact that this person went through an incredibly arduous and painful healing process