Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hardstyle posted:

Freepers: There's way to much uppity going 'round.

We need this. Like, yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump and the N-word: His fans wouldn’t mind if he said it

:getin:

...It's basically a mix of 'what-about-ism' and 'not racist, but'

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
It seemed nobody minded when lbj said it (including gd) multiple times.

It seemed nobody minded when 0bama said it.

3 posted on 8/15/2018, 3:59:52 PM by budj (combat vet, 2nd of 3 generations)

quote:

> His fans wouldn’t mind if he said it

Give me the context. Any word is not “good” or “bad” by itself. And that’s a word I hear any time I ride public transit (said by people with black skin, and most of the time females with black skin). So I don’t really have a reaction to it any more, but give me the context and maybe it has meaning.

10 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:05:27 PM by LostPassword

quote:

What’s the problem? Half white obama said it in an interview on national radio.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2015/jun/22/obama-n-word-wft-marc-maron-audio

15 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:09:47 PM by subterfuge (RIP T.P.)

quote:

Couldn’t care less.

19 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:12:57 PM by anton

quote:

would anyone be shocked to learn a man who has openly, publicly called women, Mexicans, immigrants, journalists, foreigners and his enemies abhorrent names
Still waiting to hear those abhorrent names. It wasn't "women" in general - it was to Rosie O'Donnell in particular. He called Mexicans illegals when they were in fact illegals. Journalists? Fake news purveyors? Spot on. Foreigners? Provide proof please. "His enemies" ... what abhorrent name has Trump called "his enemies"?

26 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:16:57 PM by Lizavetta

quote:

I don’t care who says it. Turn on the radio. It’s in common usage.

I think it’s kinda trashy. I was raised right, so I don’t usually say it.

But to have a stroke if a white person says it, when blacks say it all the time? Don’t care. Meaningless.

30 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:17:53 PM by Jim Noble

quote:

To: budj
I am so tired of all of this crap that happened or might have happened X number of years ago. The past is the past. I highly doubt that there is a single person alive that has not said some word at some time in their life that someone else wouldn’t find offensive. I don’t like the word and don’t use the word but when I was a kid growing up X number of years ago, round rocks found in the field were called n*****r heads...……..my Dad said it all of the time. I guess we had a lot of rocks in the field.....

31 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:18:15 PM by southernindymom

quote:

words like the F bomb are very common place. Negro professional football players use the word all the time. These people of darker skin pigment use it as much as those who now wear pussy hats, and use the name of Almighty God with disdane. The N word..in modern society needs to be in full use, and anyone can use it, even a whitey wanting to insult another whitey. Game On.

40 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:25:04 PM by rovenstinez

quote:

Libs and blacks aren’t offended when rappers constantly use the “N” word and the “B” word.

46 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:35:51 PM by Steve_Seattle

quote:

I personally have heard the N-word said hundreds of times more by blacks than whites, and the N-word has been glorified and glamorized by rappers for the past thirty years. What is the deal?

49 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:38:03 PM by odawg

quote:

Liberal idiots certainly don’t mind when morons like Mad Maxine, fat Michael Moore, most Hollyweird entertainers and others say worse.

Much much worse.

56 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:49:41 PM by Responsibility2nd

quote:

The n word has been so abused by the libs and the blacks that it has lost much of it’s sting. Ho-hum.

61 posted on 8/15/2018, 4:59:35 PM by upchuck (As we head to the midterms, please (re)read Confessions of Congressman X - tinyurl.com/congressmanx)

quote:

Yet no one cares if Saint LBJ used the word. “I’ll have those N———voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.”

66 posted on 8/15/2018, 5:08:56 PM by Ruy Dias de Bivar

quote:

Why would I care if he said Nword? I have said it many times in my life. Nothing I am proud of, but it is a word, and I have used it. How many colored people have used the C word? Cracker? Honky? Chink? Wop? Hymie? Pollock? Beaner? People need to get over themselves, words cannot offend you, they really cannot. Actually, you have to choose to be offended, and I choose the freedom God gave us all. To be free from being offended, and the freedom to say plainly what I think.

I only blanked out the N word at the top because this is not my website.

Now would I fight someone if they called my wife or child a fat hog? Or butt ugly? You betcha, but that is just how things should be settled. Not with court cases, firings, and losing prestige. Let people fight it out if they are so inclined, and arrest the one who swings first if the cops are involved. You don’t arrest the person who said a word, just the one who assaulted or committed battery. THAT is how you enforce laws, on the person who first physically harms another.

71 posted on 8/15/2018, 5:20:33 PM by Glad2bnuts (If Republicans are not prepared to carry on the Revolution of 1776, prepare for a communist takeover)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

quote:

People need to get over themselves, words cannot offend you, they really cannot. Actually, you have to choose to be offended, and I choose the freedom God gave us all. To be free from being offended, and the freedom to say plainly what I think.

Now would I fight someone if they called my wife or child a fat hog? Or butt ugly? You betcha, but that is just how things should be settled.

:thunk:

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Words cannot offend! Kneeling, on the other hand...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gently caress, I just got whiplash so hard.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

I THINK he's asking a black man to punch him?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Plinkey posted:

This is peak FReep right here.

Also, lol at that one guy - my dad said it a lot back in the 50s, what's the big deal?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Plinkey posted:

Let's see here.

"It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

:votegop:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Here's another one, I'm too tired to quote it right now.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-backroom/3679848/posts

e: Freep also seems to really be picking up the pace of posting the deeper trump digs himself into a hole. There's a new article posted about ever 2-3 minutes from maybe 3-10 pm.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 17, 2018

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Plinkey posted:

Here's another one, I'm too tired to quote it right now.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-backroom/3679848/posts

e: Freep also seems to really be picking up the pace of posting the deeper trump digs himself into a hole. There's a new article posted about ever 2-3 minutes from maybe 3-10 pm.

quote:

Blacks use the term all the time. It’s no secret. But it’s supposed to be taboo for everyone else? More BS.

How about I don’t give a F word about it?

19 posted on 08/16/2018 8:37:11 PM PDT by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
See how many fucks I don't give! :qq:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"I don't understand how black people could reappropriate a term they find offensive when others say it" - DeplorableAmerican76

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I know you're calling out a Freeper's obvious power fantasy, but this sort of logic is really close to the "you were asking for it with that outfit" excuse.

I think that it is a galaxy brained bullshit sea lion take to conflate a woman dressing in an attractive way with some hateful halfwit fantasizing ways to shoot people.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So does Freep even talk about anything but Q anymore?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

So does Freep even talk about anything but Q anymore?

AFAIK it's still quarantined to a single thread for the most part.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, it looks like it's about a thread every two or three days, but they are some of the largest currently running threads.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3680160/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3679331/posts <- Currently at 1998 posts :catstare:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Q's the spirit of dalereed haunting social media.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Can't be, the Muppets aren't at the center of the conspiracy.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I read some of the Freep Q threads, holy hell these people are broke.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

I read some of the Freep Q threads, holy hell these people are broke.

They always were, it's just in Nov of 2016 they got the ok to let it out in full view

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Protesters topple Confederate monument on UNC campus

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/402774-protesters-topple-confederate-monument-on-unc-campus

Ready for some more freep couchrage.

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
American Taliban.

L

3 posted on 8/20/2018, 10:36:43 PM by Lurker (President Trump isn't our last chance. President Trump is THEIR last chance.)

quote:

So who was the the Democrat memorialized by this monument?

8 posted on 8/20/2018, 10:44:42 PM by Moonman62 (Give a man a fish and he'll be a Democrat. Teach a man to fish and he'll be a responsible citizen.)

quote:

Expect college shutdowns this fall. And I hope the Right has the brains to sue the hell out of schools that knuckle under and shut down. How much tuition would that be?

12 posted on 8/20/2018, 10:49:27 PM by arrogantsob (See "Chaos and Mayhem" at Amazon.com)

quote:

Where are the police, where are the state troopers, where are the people who do not want mob rule and tyranny? Sadly, they are not in Chapel Hill. Had I known about this little gathering, I would have made the drive to the college of my youth and made a stand.

14 posted on 8/20/2018, 10:52:45 PM by Pamlico (Support President Trump and oppose traitors at every opportunity)

quote:

WTH happened to North Carolina?

Another reliably Conservative State going to the Dark Side.

18 posted on 8/20/2018, 11:09:04 PM by Kickass Conservative (The way Liberals carry on about Deportation, you would think "Mexico" was Spanish for "Auschwitz".)

quote:

If the vandals are not arrested and tried, our history will be erased.

22 posted on 8/20/2018, 11:28:06 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here of Citizen Parents__Know Islam, No Peace - No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

To: Kickass Conservative
It only takes a small group of people to spread mass destruction.
What's troubling is those in authority giving in to their actions.

In a sense, The Terrorists Have Won.

25 posted on 8/20/2018, 11:34:17 PM by yesthatjallen

btw, here's some select quotes from the dediction speach for the monument.

quote:

The whole Southland is sanctified by the precious blood of the student Confederate soldier. Their sublime courage has thrown upon the sky of Dixie a picture so bright and beautiful that neither defeat, nor disaster, nor oppression, nor smoke, nor fire, nor devastation, nor desolation, dire and calamitous, and I might with truth add, the world, the flesh nor the Devil has been able to mar or blemish it. The tragedy of history fails to record anywhere upon its sublime pages anything comparable to it. All the time will be the millennium of their glory.

And how she lived for him, that patient widowed mother of the South; what a man she made of him;how she has kept true in his breast the best traditions of his race; how she has fed him, clothed him, brought him up through poverty to wealth, from weakness to strength, to the high honor of hard work, through the indomitable example that she set! She has made of the sturdy manhood of the South the highest product which a Christian race has yet attained.
God bless the noble women of my dear Southland, who are to-day as thoroughly convinced of the justice of that cause. They are the guardians of the sacred honor the the [sic] departed; they will protect the memory of the hero’s spirit no less than preserve from desecration from the sand [handwritten insertion of– sand] dust of his body.

And I dare to affirm this day, that if every State of the South had done what North Carolina did without a murmer [sic], always faithful to its duty whatever the groans of the victims, there never would have been an Appomatox[sic]; Grant would have followed Meade and Pope; Burnside, Hooker, McDowell and McClellan, and the political geography of America would have been re-written.

The duty due to our dear Southland, and the conspicuous service rendered, did not end at Appomatox[sic]. The four years immediately following the four years of bloody carnage, brought their responsibilities hardly of less consequence than those for which the South laid upon the altar of her country 74,524 of her brave and loyal sons dead from disease, a grand total of 133,821.
It is true that the snows of winter which never melt, crown our temples, and we realize that we are living in the twilight zone; that it requires no unusual strain to hear the sounds of the tides as they roll and break upon the other shore, “The watch-dog’s bark his deep bay mouth welcome as we draw near home”, breaks upon our ears—makes it doubly sweet to know that we have been remembered in the erection of this beautiful memorial. The present generation, I am persuaded, scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war, when the facts are, that their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South – When “the bottom rail was on top” all over the Southern states, and to-day, as a consequence the purest strain of the Anglo Saxon is to be found in the 13 Southern States – Praise God.

I trust I may be pardoned for one allusion, howbeit it is rather personal. One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse-whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds, because upon the streets of this quiet village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison, and for thirty nights afterwards slept with a double-barrel shot gun under my head.

In our forums, in our halls, in our universities and colleges and schools they tell us, through tradition, song and story of the wonderful deeds of the ancient Greeks and Romans, Thermopylae, Marathon, Platea, of Caesar and his 10th Legion, which carried the Roman Eagle to the confines of the known world, of the chivalric knights of the Middle Ages, of Saratoga and Yorktown, of Cowpens and King’s Mountain, of Lodi and Austerlitz, of Napoleon and the Old Guard, of Jefferson Davis and Buena Vista, and Monterey, but there is nothing recorded which surpasses the achievements of the Student Soldiers who wore the gray. For undaunted heroism, unyielding endurance, patient suffering, incessant fighting and deathless valor, he is without parallel. He was the ancient Greek of modern times, led by the Miltiades of the 19th Century, the world’s greatest hero, Robert E. Lee.

That for which they battled in memory of this monument is reared, as well as for the survivors of that bloody drama, was not achieved. But the cause for which they fought is not lost, never can be, never will be lost while it is enshrined in the hearts of the people of the South, especially the hearts of the dear, loyal, patriotic women, who, like so many Vestal Virgins (God’s name be praised), keep the fires lighted upon the Altars. Nay, as long as men anywhere pay tribute to the self-sacrificing spirit of a peoples’ ideals.

In the knowledge of subsequent developments, the progress, peace and prosperity of our united, common country, victor and vanquished now alike believe that in the Providence of God it was right and well that the issue was determined as it was. And the people of all sections of our great Republic, moved by the impulse of sincere and zealous loyalty, of fervent and exalted patriotism may say: “All is well that ends well.”

I wonder why there were issues with this statue :thunk:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

quote:

And I dare to affirm this day, that if every State of the South had done what North Carolina did without a murmer [sic], always faithful to its duty whatever the groans of the victims, there never would have been an Appomatox[sic]; Grant would have followed Meade and Pope; Burnside, Hooker, McDowell and McClellan, and the political geography of America would have been re-written. 

Yeah, you guys started losing in the east as soon as you encountered a general that didn't give up and go in home when his attack didn't work, to say nothing of what was done out west. I'm sure if only Virginia, whose son you worship, had been as steadfast as North Carolina that Grant and Sherman would not have destroyed your way of life.

Good to know they got busy rewriting history almost immediately, and good thing the stab in the back he alludes to didn't take hold.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Plinkey posted:

Protesters topple Confederate monument on UNC campus

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/402774-protesters-topple-confederate-monument-on-unc-campus

Ready for some more freep couchrage.

btw, here's some select quotes from the dediction speach for the monument.

I wonder why there were issues with this statue :thunk:

It's funny. These statues are memorials to slavery, rape, and ill-begotten wealth that regardless you can aaalllmmmooosssttt ignore because it's old and, well, poo poo there's enough to fight right now. As ugly as Confederate statues are, a comfortable person can put them on a mental back burner.

Then someone knocks one over and, in the aftermath of freep posting, you read just how important it really was to knock that god-damned thing down as soon as possible.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 21, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Potato Salad posted:

It's funny. These statues are memorials to slavery, rape, and ill-begotten wealth that regardless you can aaalllmmmooosssttt ignore because it's old and, well, poo poo there's enough to fight right now. As ugly as Confederate statues are, a comfortable person can put them on a mental back burner.

Then someone knocks one over and, in the aftermath of freep posting, you read just how important it really was to knock that god-damned thing down as soon as possible.

Excuse me but I must respectfully disagree. ARE HERITAGE is being attacked, you don't see me burning your Soviet flags, do you? No, because conservatives are polite, decent people that believe in live-and-let-live.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I don't normally dive freep, and, frankly, the Cohen threads haven't really gotten good yet, but this one made me smile:

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum

This could be a problem for Trump, right? The left is all excited saying he violated federal election law.

38 posted on 8/21/2018, 5:26:46 PM by Pinkbell

Imagine being so far inside the bubble that you just now get it. Now imagine that you're the only one.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I want to see the mental gymnastics a Q Anon believer must be going through right now, but at the same time - no I don't.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I don't normally dive freep, and, frankly, the Cohen threads haven't really gotten good yet, but this one made me smile:

Imagine being so far inside the bubble that you just now get it. Now imagine that you're the only one.

They're already rationalizing it by saying that because it didn't have anything to do with Russian collusion that Trump is innocent forever.

gently caress Freep and gently caress their diseased thought process.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Manafort jury has reached a verdict on 8 of 18 counts

Freep is not having a good day.

quote:

To: Repeal 16-17

Should have mounted a defense.

10 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:42:35 PM by CJ Wolf (Free wwg1wga! Woe is media...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

This is still in no way a “vindication” of the Mueller witch hunt.

12 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:42:37 PM by henkster (Monsters from the Id.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Judge should’ve dismissed with prejudice instead of mistrial. Sadist Mueller will insist on going through the whole process again.

16 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:43:52 PM by MayflowerMadam (Have an A-1 day.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Oh yeah, that's the stuff! :fap:

quote:

To: detective

Where is Sessions indictments of Hillary, Comey, Brennan, Sally Yates
Bruce Ohr, Andrew McCabe, Peter Stzrok, Lisa Page....etc.

20 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:45:18 PM by tennmountainman ("Trust Sessions" Yeah Right!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

In the meanwhile Hillary walks. Equal justice my rear-end.

22 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:45:47 PM by From The Deer Stand

This is good for Trump!

quote:

To: henkster

“This is still in no way a “vindication” of the Mueller witch hunt.”

More the opposite.

They couldn’t even get convictions on most of the completely unrelated tax charges on the sleazy all GOP establishment operative they foisted on to Trump’s campaign for a month or so.

24 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:47:52 PM by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

This is a victory for Manafort. And for Trump.

Mueller threw his best at Manafort. And this is the result?

Mueller had unlimited resources, all the money he needed, the best Hillary lawyers anywhere.

And he could not win this case.

43 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:58:44 PM by Responsibility2nd

quote:

Bastards.

Obama and Hillary sell uranium to our enemies and nothin is done.

Manafort is lazy in doing his tax returns and they send him to the slammer.

Please pardon this great patriot Mr President ! This is a politically witch hunt and we all know it

28 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:49:06 PM by WashingtonFire (President Trump - it's like having your dad as President)

3D chess?

quote:

None of these charges have anything to do with Trump.

Yet by rooting for Manafort to be judged not guilty, folks here are basically making it about Trump. They are playing right into the hands of the Trump haters. 

30 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:51:43 PM by SamAdams76 ( If you are offended by what I have to say here then you can blame your parents for raising a wuss)

quote:

Multiple indictments against Trump associates, now multiple guilty pleas and guilty verdicts and yet, not one leftist criminal so much as charged. This is NOT 4D chess. This is the left, as usual, walking all over the right and the right not doing a damned thing. I really don’t care to vote in November. I don’t even care if the GOP loses the House or Senate. Same enemies, and nothing will be done about any of them.

44 posted on 8/21/2018, 1:59:16 PM by dware (Americans prefer peaceful slavery over dangerous freedom)

Oh wow, someone's having a crisis of faith over this.

quote:

To: dware

Dear Lord execute your justice on the evil schemers and the unrepentant arrogant wicked who plot against truth and righteousness. Exonerate the innocent and fight their oppressors. In Jesus name Amen:

53 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:04:55 PM by tflabo (Varmints)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

quote:

To: tflabo

It ain’t gonna happen..they are more powerful than God it seems!!

56 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:06:28 PM by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Pravious

Trump did something.
He appointed Sessions AG.
Then Sessions recused himself.
This entire mess can be laid on Sessions.
His recusal set in motion all of this.
Thanks Jeff.
At this point it really does not matter when
Trump fires Sessions. The damage was already
done when he recused himself.

60 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:08:29 PM by tennmountainman ("Trust Sessions" Yeah Right!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Mana... fort? Who's that? Never heard of him before.

quote:

Manafort has zero to do with Trump.

64 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:10:58 PM by minnesota_bound

quote:

To: stockpirate

“...Manafort helped elect Trump...”

How so?? He was Campaign Manager only about 100Days.

66 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:12:35 PM by elpadre (AfganistaMr Obama said theoal was to "disrupt, dismantle and defeat al-hereQaeda" and its allies.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tony Phillips posted:

I want to see the mental gymnastics a Q Anon believer must be going through right now, but at the same time - no I don't.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

Judge should’ve dismissed with prejudice instead of mistrial. Sadist Mueller will insist on going through the whole process again.

Yes? That's what you do when you have a mistrial.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Yeah Mueller was just lazy on his returns. The hundreds of documents and testimony of 20some people didn't indicate a deliberate attempt to hide millions of dollars. Not at all.

Also, didn't Mueller just initially find this stuff, say it's not relevant to the investigation and hand it over to the US attorney? Or was that Cohen?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

To: stockpirate

“...Manafort helped elect Trump...”

How so?? He was Campaign Manager only about 100Days.

66 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:12:35 PM by elpadre (AfganistaMr Obama said theoal was to “disrupt, dismantle and defeat al-hereQaeda” and its allies.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]
Did this Freeper have a stroke while writing their signature?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That explains why the God Emperor allowed Sessions to recuse himself (to throw off the deep state), and then maneuvered Rosenstein into appointing his ally Mueller as special counsel to investigate the Russia collusion, all the while bitching about it on Twitter like a senile toddler to make it seem like he was the target, all the time drawing the net around his traitorous associates like Cohen and Manafort who had been helping Hillary collude with Russia all along...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Individual-1 all sitting pretty getting free room and board and 3 meals a day! An hour of outside time! Meanwhile you poor schlubs are working and paying rent! 4D CHESS BABY!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lord Hydronium posted:

Did this Freeper have a stroke while writing their signature?

100 days is pretty loving huge. He was campaign chairman from March 2016 to August 2016, some of the most vital parts of it (including winning the primaries) and only left when people started noticing all his Ukrainian and Russian connections.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

chitoryu12 posted:

100 days is pretty loving huge. He was campaign chairman from March 2016 to August 2016, some of the most vital parts of it (including winning the primaries) and only left when people started noticing all his Ukrainian and Russian connections.
The marquee moment was when the Republican National Convention, of which Manafort was manager, inexplicably stripped pro-Ukranian language critical of Russia from the party's Foreign Policy platform during a poorly attended committee meeting at which neither minutes nor attendance were taken, and later nobody could explain why.

I remember that, because I also suddenly remembered where I'd heard the name Manafort before.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

freeper posted:

To: dware

Dear Lord execute your justice on the evil schemers and the unrepentant arrogant wicked who plot against truth and righteousness. Exonerate the innocent and fight their oppressors. In Jesus name Amen:

53 posted on 8/21/2018, 2:04:55 PM by tflabo (Varmints)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

Considering all the news that dropped today, it seems to me like this guy's prayer was already answered.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Considering all the news that dropped today, it seems to me like this guy's prayer was already answered.

"Smite the evil ones, O Lord!"

*later*

"No, not them, the people I don't like!"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep is great tonight.

quote:

To: Mariner
The hard core leftists will eat this crap up, but most other Americans have had enough of this. I knew Trump was no Boy Scout when I voted for him, but unlike JFK, LBJ and Bubba, this president hasn’t used the White House for any sexcapades nor used the power of his office to procure women. What Donald Trump did in his personal life before the presidency doesn’t matter to me, and it’s obvious as our 45th president he’s too drat busy saving the country to do anything else in the Oval Office. I think most reasonable, common sense thinking Americans feel the same way too.

36 posted on 8/21/2018, 11:54:25 PM by dowcaet

They have finally hit the denial stage.

That is all.

e: BTW Fox News showed the whole trump rally from like 7-845 instead of talking about Cohen and Manafort.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol that their red line for personal sexual morality is "okay but was the illicit adulterous sex profaning the Oval Office, anywhere else is ok"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Lol that their red line for personal sexual morality is "okay but was the illicit adulterous sex profaning the Oval Office, anywhere else is ok"
the pee tape could drop tomorrow and Freep would be like "loony leftists want us to accept their perverts, but when one of ours pays a woman to pee on him in his own drat office, then come the piss jokes! Hypocritical demonrats"