Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Peanut Butler posted:

I watched like ten seconds before it cut to a yell-talker who looks like he only makes youtubes because he's legally required to stay 500 feet from any future magic: the gathering tournaments

thats oddly specific, do you have something you want to tell us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Can i get some more context on this?

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

made it 6 seconds in before i had to stop, just that title alone is hellish

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Blanketspace posted:

Can i get some more context on this?

either ukrainian government/militia or donbass rebels dropping bombs on enemy outposts along the front lines.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
It's cyber punk cause drones are gonna be even more weaponized and banned for civies really soon

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/19/federal-court-orders-alleged-hacker-to-pay-for-bail-with-cryptoc/

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

thats oddly specific, do you have something you want to tell us?

Going forward, I'll try and keep my jokes as vague as a girlfriend who wants to tell you that it just isn't working out but your grandfather just died and she's accompanying you to the funeral in Des Moines for the weekend and there's no good way for her to reply to, "I'm glad you're here with me"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/robfahey/status/1031481952019378178

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
https://twitter.com/Max_Fisher/status/1031930084381339648

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Aug 21, 2018

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
SA will be the last one standing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

got any sevens posted:

SA will be the last one standing

the court declined to sentence richard "lowtax" kyanka to jail time, stating that his own body was enough of a prison

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/PatrickGerard01/status/1031920228098355200

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Shear Modulus posted:

the court declined to sentence richard "lowtax" kyanka to jail time, stating that his own body was enough of a prison

afaik lowtax hates "woke" posters and just farts around in GBS doesnt he?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Lowtax just hates all goons.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Verizon throttled fire department’s “unlimited” data during Calif. wildfire

quote:

Fire dep't had to pay twice as much to lift throttling during wildfire response.

quote:

"County Fire has experienced throttling by its ISP, Verizon," Santa Clara County Fire Chief Anthony Bowden wrote in a declaration. "This throttling has had a significant impact on our ability to provide emergency services. Verizon imposed these limitations despite being informed that throttling was actively impeding County Fire's ability to provide crisis-response and essential emergency services."

very cool

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A useless Verizon account rep? :monocle:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd ask why a critical public service like the fire department isn't on a state-level publicly negotiated contract with appropriate service level guarantees but i'm pretty sure the answer is america

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

pimp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Peanut President posted:

Lowtax just hates all goons.

Which makes him a pretty standard goon imo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

or maybe, get this, maybe the people who still use facebook are vile racists

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

anime was right posted:

yeah the correlation can go either way but neither is good

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1032029043439398917

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

anime was right posted:

n.... NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

political corruption to buy steam games is pretty cool

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/MaryHartmanx2/status/1032037651199680513

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re calling it the “Steamed Clams Scandal”.

I just made that up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
that's total chump change too

hillary could get that with a 3-word speech to donors

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

that's all in 1 loving month. I bought an xbox game 6 weeks and I'm not even halfway through it.

What the gently caress does a congressman do all day that he can play $800 worth of steam games in a month? Or is he gifting them to his cronies in a gaming pay-for-play scandal?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

Or is he gifting them to his cronies in a gaming pay-for-play scandal?

Oh that would be beautiful. I wonder if there's any way to find out.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cold on a Cob posted:

Oh that would be beautiful. I wonder if there's any way to find out.

legit file a foia request for a congressmans steam account records

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Nastier Nate posted:

that's all in 1 loving month. I bought an xbox game 6 weeks and I'm not even halfway through it.

What the gently caress does a congressman do all day that he can play $800 worth of steam games in a month? Or is he gifting them to his cronies in a gaming pay-for-play scandal?

the steam marketplace is/was a way for money laundering :ninja:

also buying a bunch of dumb games is easy, i mostly do it with physical releases (but won't anymore lololololol thanks jeff), but there's a bunch of poo poo on steam where you can just buy a bunch of dlc (eu4, ck2, train simulator- which has no joke ~1k+ in dlc) or buy a bunch of keys to unlock your epic weapon skinzzzzzzzzz

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I was under the impression he had mostly bought cosmetics off the market like tf2 hats and dota skins. Which, yeah, probably some form of laundering.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It is definitely just stupid skins and other DLC for himself. what good is $800 worth of money laundering?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

bawfuls posted:

It is definitely just stupid skins and other DLC for himself. what good is $800 worth of money laundering?

Eh if we assume he's just a standard corrupt moron: the point is to convert campaign donations into his own personal cash, and he only stopped because he got caught?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

silentsnack posted:

Eh if we assume he's just a standard corrupt moron: the point is to convert campaign donations into his own personal cash, and he only stopped because he got caught?
Considering he was spending thousands of dollars of campaign funds at a time on all kinds of dumb personal poo poo with only the thinnest veil of cover, I somehow doubt he was working a scheme to launder $20 at a time through Steam.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

bawfuls posted:

Considering he was spending thousands of dollars of campaign funds at a time on all kinds of dumb personal poo poo with only the thinnest veil of cover, I somehow doubt he was working a scheme to launder $20 at a time through Steam.

Well yeah.

Did say "if we assume" but since this is SA I guess I shouldn't have assumed everyone would fill in the blanks of [if X then Y] ... except Y is ridiculously inefficient and not worth the risk at all, so instead we just default to the null hypothesis "more likely he's just a braindead rich kid who thought he could get away with doing whatever he wanted."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Prav posted:

i'd ask why a critical public service like the fire department isn't on a state-level publicly negotiated contract with appropriate service level guarantees but i'm pretty sure the answer is america

Each agency in each city in each county in each state is a separate entity that wants to negotiate everything on their own because THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!

That said, there is an effort and the FCC assigned some bandwidth from the "digital dividend" freed up from the analog->digital television conversion. https://www.firstnet.gov/
Like many federal government programs its not well funded and is approached seen as suspicious by most states. This effort has been basically going on since 9/12/2001 after everyone's radios just gave out on 9/11/2001.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/choplogik/status/1032739698274230272

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/Petercampbell1/status/1032393803875803136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Brexit is this but the whiteboard is names of babies to receive vaccinations