Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

markgreyam posted:

As someone in exactly the same (island continent) boat, this makes me exactly as angry.

This, however

appears to be curing all sorts of anger and pain, some I didn’t even know I had until it was gone.

I’m that guy who loves the trash anime fighters like Koihime and Blade Strangers. It’s me.

Also looking for DOA6 trailers brings up an awful lot of “REACTION” videos. I’d pay real world money converted straight from $US for an option to remove them appearing from my YT account/search results.

G'day Mate, glad to see a fellow Aussie Fightgames Player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I think I'm getting motion sick watching a 2D fighting game what the hell

The camera moving all around and zooming in and out, the giant motion blurs and post-processing effects on the screen that even blur the UI, the stage color palette

Part of it is the video quality, but this is physically hard to watch

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
You forgot to account for inflation!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hace posted:

put 2B in soul cal

Wasn't 2B already a guest character in something or other? Anyways after the Tira and Mina underboob reveals I don't think this game needs any more horniness.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think so, in SC4 there was a robo space gothic lolita character designed by an anime artist, maybe you're thinking of that

exquisite tea posted:

Anyways after the Tira and Mina underboob reveals I don't think this game needs any more horniness.

disagree

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
edit: nevermind, misread the context

also if they don't do regional pricing no one in Brazil will ever buy an original game. Source: the 90s and 00s.

Dias fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 22, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Wasn't 2B already a guest character in something or other?

Gravity rush2?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Wasn't 2B already a guest character in something or other? Anyways after the Tira and Mina underboob reveals I don't think this game needs any more horniness.

How is underboob a bridge too far when Ivy is literally dressed in some bits of string

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

So does Rock, let's be fair here. Maxi in Soul Calibur 6 is too powerfully sexy, he's just too drat sexy. Ivy is good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ivy’s main outfit design has always been pretty regrettable, as I’ve previously mentioned itt! Her alternates in SC1/2 in addition to being more in tune with her backstory are just a lot more cohesive and fun to look at. Really I’m just at a point in my life now where I’d rather not have to speculate upon the game developers’ inner fetishes every time I load up a game and the waifu creep in SC6 is getting real.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

How about Ivy and Maxi wear the same outfit, and disco is back, and everyone is happy.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Is that first stage music actually in the game? If so the Shovel Knight people should sue.

Edit: vvv Poor Shovel Knight. He couldn't be a playable character in Smash and then this.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 22, 2018

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Is that first stage music actually in the game? If so the Shovel Knight people should sue.

Shovel Knight is in the game

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

exquisite tea posted:

I’d rather not have to speculate upon the game developers’ inner fetishes every time I load up a game and the waifu creep in SC6 is getting real.

When everyone's a waifu, no one will be.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tales of Woe posted:

Shovel Knight is in the game

Sounds like they need to double sue then.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

exquisite tea posted:

Ivy’s main outfit design has always been pretty regrettable, as I’ve previously mentioned itt! Her alternates in SC1/2 in addition to being more in tune with her backstory are just a lot more cohesive and fun to look at. Really I’m just at a point in my life now where I’d rather not have to speculate upon the game developers’ inner fetishes every time I load up a game and the waifu creep in SC6 is getting real.

They already added geralt and he's the greatest waifu of all time.

Mr Cow
Oct 6, 2007

mooty dollars :3
Nap Ghost
i just thought of another dlc character i would like in soul calibur, dragon slayer ornstein that or generic dark souls guy in elite knight armor and you know how yoshi could heal himself before, for the dark souls character they could drink an estus flask and it would heal for a similar amount and have a similar frame duration so it wouldnt be broken.

Mr Cow fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 22, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just put Majima in Soul Calibur and Kiryu in Tekken already

Mr Cow
Oct 6, 2007

mooty dollars :3
Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

just put Majima in Soul Calibur and Kiryu in Tekken already

jotaro with star platinum for tekken :3

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
has anyone mentioned Setsuka yet

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mr Cow posted:

i just thought of another dlc character i would like in soul calibur, dragon slayer ornstein that or generic dark souls guy in elite knight armor

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're going to put Negan in Soul Calibur as well

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If SNK doesn't make a new Samurai Shodown, that entire roster should show up in SCVI. Maybe some of the lesser known characters like the gender fluid swordsperson from V and VI.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

I'm gonna be a skeleton

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

so 2b is in soul calibur then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How treacherous can plains be

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

enough to need robots to fight on them apparently

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

drat, so Tira’s a bonus for preordering the season pass. Really not sure how I feel about the game right now.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ROFL Octopus posted:

drat, so Tira’s a bonus for preordering the season pass. Really not sure how I feel about the game right now.

Namco walked this back, and she's just regular old day 1 DLC now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^^^ oh alright then

ROFL Octopus posted:

is the implication here that you can't get her once the season pass is out?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They did that with Eliza for Tekken 7 didn't they

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm gonna be a skeleton

holy poo poo yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yup

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Don't toy with my emotions like that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm going to be stone centurion

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ROFL Octopus posted:

i dont get how that makes sense at all... wouldnt the season pass include the dlc chars anyway? if you buy the season pass after the game is released do you not get the character?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

They said she's normal DLC now

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zand posted:

i dont get how that makes sense at all... wouldnt the season pass include the dlc chars anyway? if you buy the season pass after the game is released do you not get the character?

Ok I got it wrong but in my defense they really hosed up with clarity here.

She’s a paid dlc char but they’re acting like she’s some kind of free bonus for buying the $30 season pass.

https://twitter.com/soulcalibur/status/1032233770508853248

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pretty sure she was a normal preorder bonus but its been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can tell it's good when their clarification is still batshit.