Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

cavallingus posted:

You guys must be hella desperate if you want to sign Menelik Watson lol

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

cavallingus posted:

You guys must be hella desperate if you want to sign Menelik Watson lol

One of the guys is a Seahawks fan. Do you need to ask?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Do not sign Menelik Watson

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blitz7x posted:

Do not sign Menelik Watson

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
HE WHO CONTROLS THE ACLS CONTROLS THE GALAXY!!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Do you ever have that guy who you're excited about in training camp but every practice he's over on the side on the bike and the coach dodged questions about his return?

That's menelik Watson, but indefinitely

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hear after further investigation they found Casey haywards body in bosas house?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

Do you ever have that guy who you're excited about in training camp but every practice he's over on the side on the bike and the coach dodged questions about his return?

That’s D. Parker

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Blitz7x posted:

It would be an upgrade from overwhelming despair at the Oline.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1032019757871128577

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I hear after further investigation they found Casey haywards body in bosas house?

Bosa was the corpse dumped in Janoris Jenkins’ basement. After Jay Cutler burned him to death with a dish rag. Get it together.

Also I can’t believe that a dead body in Jenkins’ house is both true and probably not even the most ridiculous thing to happen this offseason lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

I thought Eric Berry could be our Bob Sanders but I didn't expect him to actually be our Bob Sanders.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Roquan got hurt and is missing some time

Oh well

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tight hamstring for Roquan, Nagy said he would probably be practicing if it were a regular season game.

So people don't have to look it up like I did.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s D. Parker

Him name Vance McDonald

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Him name Vance McDonald

Tried to warn you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm really glad Chiefs fans are keeping a level head about a Mahomes preseason pass.

https://twitter.com/ChrisSembower/status/1031979396440174592

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

I'm really glad Chiefs fans are keeping a level head about a Mahomes preseason pass.

lol, better than a picture of him throwing an interception vs the 2s. Throwing a dime against the 3s makes for much better hype.

(it was a beautiful pass)

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
They have impressively found an even less meaningful game then the previous one, too.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Coldforge posted:

Tried to warn you.

I did not believe a TE could be as constantly injured as Ladarius Greene, but apparently Vance can

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

Lmao

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I did not believe a TE could be as constantly injured as Ladarius Greene, but apparently Vance can

Guys like Vance and Bruce Ellington (currently Texans, soon Texans IR) exist to tantalize you every pre-and-early season. They’re the dangling light of the anglerfish named “Disappointment.”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

I refuse to get hyped until it gets painted as an animated GIF.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1032092614823161856

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

That guy hasn't exercised since the last World War, so this checks out

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Maybe more would have made it off the beach if they'd stretched first, Bob.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

It's not that he's right, it's that his take is hilarious.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Joe Thomas said he'd steal the show, he was wrong about why.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It is really constantly amazing how stupid NFL coaches are, makes you appreciate guys like Belichick and McVay

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I work in a normal office around decent looking people and I get self conscious about my weight. How are you staff for a pro sports team and let yourself get that loving fat?

e: I want to get some beers and wings in that dude and hear more opinions about things, he needs a podcast

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wrong thread

Ehud fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 22, 2018

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1032237778392834049

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
a little surprising since the Vikings have seemingly liked the way Sendejo has developed but i’m not going to complain.

also, ESPN talked to Teddy’s surgeon about his knee (with Teddy’s permission) and, we’ll, :barf:

quote:

"It's mangled," Cooper said. "You make the skin incision, and there's nothing there. It's almost like a war wound. Everything is blown.”
"But it's certainly the worst knee dislocation in sports I've ever seen without having a nerve or vessel injury," Cooper said. "It's an injury that about 20-25 percent of NFL players are able to come back from. ... It's a horrific injury. You've torn every single thing in your knee and it's hanging on by one ligament on one side like a hinge."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24439421/teddy-bridgewater-surgeon-tells-tale-bigger-trade-bait-2018-nfl-new-york-jets

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Jesus Christ.

I’m glad Teddy B didn’t lose his leg. He seems like a good man.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Listening to the report of that practice where he hurt his leg on the radio sounded like a Dan Carlin podcast about the mongols.

"as he dropped back for a normal pass, his leg, considered skinny, buckled and the flesh was rendered torn. The sound of a loud crack echoed through out the practice and several players threw up. The hospital was a two minute drive away, any more and the leg be would be amputated. End quote"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That’s absolutely horrifying.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The doctor who first cut open his leg to look at the damage said "it looked like a war wound." Imagine being there in the operating room at the hospital, they bring in this otherwise healthy - and I'd like to say I'm fairly healthy wouldn't you say, Ben? This guy was a highly conditioned athlete playing at the professional level in one of the most dangerous sports known to Western civilization - and you take a look in his knee to see what you're up against and the first thing that comes to mind is that, that a grenade went off in there. That's the kind of damage we're talking about.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

A Man and his Hog posted:

Jesus Christ.

I’m glad Teddy B didn’t lose his leg. He seems like a good man.

Weren't there reports when the injury happened that they thought they might have to amputate it?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Professor Funk posted:

Weren't there reports when the injury happened that they thought they might have to amputate it?

You might be thinking of Zach Miller. I don't recall anything about that with Teddy. Just that he might never play football again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yes. the article goes into some detail on it but the gist of it is that the severity of Teddy’s
injury typically involves arterial damage that necessitates amputation.

Eric Sugarman, the Vikings head athletic trainer, is frequently credited as saving Teddy’s leg because he quickly stabilized the injury and got him to HCMC (a level 1 trauma center).

• Locked thread