Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Same here. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I drop him.

Wait and see how he is used in the third preseason game. If he isn't playing with the starters on a semi-regular basis, sever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Full PPR league would you rather have:

Leonard Fournette and Allen Robinson

Or

Jordan Howard and Mike Evans?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Wait and see how he is used in the third preseason game. If he isn't playing with the starters on a semi-regular basis, sever.

That's basically my plan. More specifically try to package him to the Peyton Barber owner.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ty1990 posted:

Full PPR league would you rather have:

Leonard Fournette and Allen Robinson

Or

Jordan Howard and Mike Evans?

Howard and Evans. I don't fully trust Fournette's ankle and Robinson's ACL.

Both Evans and Howard are great values at their ADP

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are so many guys on the Colts that I was like oh man if Luck's back that's such a sneaky value pick.

It appears I should have done this with the Bears and 49ers, not the goddam Colts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

dkj posted:

I think I want in even though I probably shouldn't. Is there a thread or should I just message you?

pm!

Just need 3 more teams. I've had 4 dudes drop on me, so my numbers keep going back and forth lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

Howard and Evans. I don't fully trust Fournette's ankle and Robinson's ACL.

Both Evans and Howard are great values at their ADP

Mike Evans is going to be bad hth but Allen Robinson will be even worse

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

pm!

Just need 3 more teams. I've had 4 dudes drop on me, so my numbers keep going back and forth lol

Sent

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Diggs, Fitz, or Theilen? PPR

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd take Thielen. He doesn't have injury or age concerns.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Thielen in PPR

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pmchem posted:

Diggs, Fitz, or Theilen? PPR

Diggs. Thielen's performance was dependent on volume and there is no reason to expect a repeat of that with Cousins. Diggs is a better talent, moreso than anything Cousins had in Washington.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I've joined a 2QB PPR league with mostly Yahoo standard scoring, but there are big play bonuses (1 point for 40+ yard plays) and -2 points for pick sixes, but more importantly, the defensive scoring is way higher.

Is defense still just for drafting at the end or does this make the high end DEF worth enough to look at in middle rounds?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In MFL, if you drop a player, can you bid on them with FAAB? I thought if you were the one to drop a player, you couldn't put in a waiver claim for them. You always had to wait for them to clear waivers, and then add them as a free agent. That's how it always was on Yahoo at least.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 22, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

In MFL, if you drop a player, can you bid on them with FAAB? I thought if you were the one to drop a player, you couldn't put in a waiver claim for them. You always had to wait for them to clear waivers, and then add them as a free agent. That's how it always was on Yahoo at least.

You can. Usually the league settings lock them for 24-48hrs and then it's a free for all. Can drop high priced guys and try to get them lower.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

You can. Usually the league settings lock them for 24-48hrs and then it's a free for all. Can drop high priced guys and try to get them lower.

Ok, good to know, thanks!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Diggs. Thielen's performance was dependent on volume and there is no reason to expect a repeat of that with Cousins. Diggs is a better talent, moreso than anything Cousins had in Washington.

I was kinda curious about this so I took a quick look at PFF:

Cousins 2017 347/540 completions/attempts
Top WRs for targets were Crowder (103) and Doctson (78), Vernon Davis rounds it out with 69

Cousins 2017 406/606
Top WRs Garcon (114), Jackson (100), Crowder (99)

To compare, Vikes 2017
Keenum 325/481, Bradford 32/43
Thielen had 142 targets, Diggs 95, Rudolph 81

So you have more attempts with Cousins but the ball is spread around more. Could be Cousins likes to spread it more, could simply be differences in OC/offensive playcalling. :shrug:
I do think that a healthy Cook means less targets for Thielen, though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

I've joined a 2QB PPR league with mostly Yahoo standard scoring, but there are big play bonuses (1 point for 40+ yard plays) and -2 points for pick sixes, but more importantly, the defensive scoring is way higher.

Is defense still just for drafting at the end or does this make the high end DEF worth enough to look at in middle rounds?

I play in a not entirely dissimilar league. The scoring for total points is lower, but it's 2 points for 3 and outs, as well as bonuses for 4th down stops and some other stuff. The hardest part is that generally defenses aren't that predictable year to year. If there's a sure fire thing, maybe in the earlier double digit rounds, but there are less sure fire things than you think. Mostly I just try and grab someone overperforming early. Last year that'd have gotten you the Jags or Eagles, both of whom finished well.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Auction league, standard $200 budget.

I got both Gurley and David Johnson for $70 each.

rest of my roster is
goff (5)
fuller v (5)
robert woods (5)
alex collins (18)
jordan reed (3)

and a bunch more WRs/RBs:
cj anderson, sony michel, james white (2-3 each)

edelman, marquise goodwin, sterling shepard. (3-4 each)

did I gently caress myself over going too hard on gurley and johnson?

Edit: .5 ppr if that matters

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 22, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

ketchup vs catsup posted:

rest of my roster is
goff (5)
fuller v (5)
robert woods (5)
alex collins (18)
jordan reed (3)

Honestly, for as hard as you went on Gurley/DJ, I kinda think Woods, Fuller, Goodwin, Edelman, Shepard aren't too bad to come out the other side. Obviously weak at WR, but if they hold up, it feels pretty good to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amergin posted:

I was kinda curious about this so I took a quick look at PFF:

Cousins 2017 347/540 completions/attempts
Top WRs for targets were Crowder (103) and Doctson (78), Vernon Davis rounds it out with 69

Cousins 2017 406/606
Top WRs Garcon (114), Jackson (100), Crowder (99)

To compare, Vikes 2017
Keenum 325/481, Bradford 32/43
Thielen had 142 targets, Diggs 95, Rudolph 81

So you have more attempts with Cousins but the ball is spread around more. Could be Cousins likes to spread it more, could simply be differences in OC/offensive playcalling. :shrug:
I do think that a healthy Cook means less targets for Thielen, though.

That's one of the reasons I'm so high on Diggs. If he sees an uptick in receptions that would be a significant boost in value.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone dropped DeVante Parker in my dynasty league. He's worth an end-of-the-25-man-roster stash, right?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Diggs is an interesting player in that when he is healthy he is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL. He is just fully healthy maybe 8 games a year.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I have some weak keeper options this year and need some help deciding between them.

Keep 2, standard scoring with 0.5 ppr. 1qb/2wr/2rb/1te/1wr.rb.te flex. I have the 11th pick

Larry Fitzgerald @3.11 - pretty much right at his adp, though you can shift that up a half round due to keepers.

Will Fuller @10.2 - Best value going by ADP, was bonkers with Watson last year though I can't expect that production as a norm

Robert Woods @10.2 - I thought woods was the best receiver on the Rams last year and he has a clear connection with Goff. I don't understand his low ADP. Going off of FFCalculator, he's a ninth rounder. Would love to have him on my team again but I can likely draft him in the late eighth.

Marlon Mack @10.2 - crowded backfield, probably a flex at best.

Thanks for the help, didn't see a keeper thread so sorry if this isn't the place.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

rest of my roster is
goff (5)
fuller v (5)
robert woods (5)
alex collins (18)
jordan reed (3)

Goodwin and Edelman are great receiver values. Reed could be great if he doesn't get hurt. He will get hurt Goff is a decent get at quarterback. Your team could be much worse.

Basically, as long as both your big money players end the year as top five at their position, you will be fine. You just bet hard on those guys hitting, which isn't the worst bet in the world. If they get hurt though, you're hosed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Someone dropped DeVante Parker in my dynasty league. He's worth an end-of-the-25-man-roster stash, right?

Theoretically, yes. But I have personally unloaded him in every league I own him. But I would still grab him for cheap on the waiver wire if he were available. He's got the physical tools but I don't trust him enough to invest any actual draft capital.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Absolutely.

OxySnake posted:

Diggs is an interesting player in that when he is healthy he is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL. He is just fully healthy maybe 8 games a year.

The correlation between Diggs being on the injury report and his points scored is really, really impressive.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

Definitely

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks. I can only free up $4 out of my $200 salary cap, but I'll throw a $4 bid out there for him and see if anyone else is paying attention.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OxySnake posted:

I was told this last year and I've never seen a prediction about a receiver be more accurate.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What do you guys think of Devonta Freeman and Mike Evans?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

89 posted:

mike evans is one of the best receivers in the NFL. Only problem is he's on the bucs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

I think both are being undervalued.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Mike Evans: never again

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

mike evans is one of the best receivers in the NFL. Only problem is he's on the bucs.

As a Bucs fan I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Matt Zerella posted:

Mike Evans: never again

This

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

I'm a Devonta homer and he's got at least 1 more year of Tevin Coleman keeping him fresh. The value of Tevin keeping Devonta relatively uninjured as a RB has been absurd.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yes, please have him on your do not draft list, I'll take one for the team and draft the guy that's averaged 77-1140-8 through his first four years and never missed more than a game in a season

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mike Evans is a late third round pick masquerading as a late second. Hot move averaging out his stupid rear end touchdowns

Also more like Rashaad Nickel

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1032326653819670528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Mike Evans is a late third round pick masquerading as a late second. Hot move averaging out his stupid rear end touchdowns

You're right, I should've said he's going to hit 12 this year