Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Did literally anyone know what either of these two earrings were before this event?

Did literally anyone CARE what either of these two earrings were before this event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think it's a good thing that some npcs are either oblivious or so snobbish as to actually look down their nose at a walking god of destruction. If everybody fell to the ground in worship as I walked past that'd be insufferable even if it would kind of make sense.

Also that would turn me into a primal and make me my own and boss. :tinfoil:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Warrior of Light is last seen driving his boat into a hurricane, but later the player sees that he is now living as a lumberjack for some reason

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Logged for the first time in a year a couple of nights back. I know nothing.

Keyboard and mouse support on the PS4 is decent.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Warrior of Light is last seen driving his boat into a hurricane, but later the player sees that he is now living as a lumberjack for some reason

You open up your Character pane, switch over to the Classes tab, and the only thing there is BTN

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rest in peace Confused Botanist.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did literally anyone know what either of these two earrings were before this event?

Did literally anyone CARE what either of these two earrings were before this event?

I had never heard of them before this week, when all of a sudden all of the most obnoxious grognard blowhards in NN were up in arms about their dignity as legacy players being taken away.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Into the shame box with you.

Machinist apologist spotted

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wish Mechanist wasn't such a chore to play

My dreams of being a secret agent catgirl will never come to fruition :negative:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

hmmm...80 points

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Safeword posted:

Got my MRD to level 25, and really enjoying it. Still allows me to tank, but in a way just different enough from sword and board spanking. Chipping away at grand company leves, and am a second class sergeant. Just want first class so I can buy glamour prisms!

Now that you hit that rank, you can turn in all that garbage dungeon gear and unused poetic gear for seals (you don't cross the 1k seals per piece mark till HW) so roll on everything.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Now that you hit that rank, you can turn in all that garbage dungeon gear and unused poetic gear for seals (you don't cross the 1k seals per piece mark till HW) so roll on everything.

Did notice that! Accidentally sold back my uniform. :downs:

Chocobo looks cute in IF barding.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's a map if anyone uses this.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Went from 24 to 26 in Pagos last night in a little over an hour. Long live the Train!

The nice thing is that you can help kill NM spawn mobs and get challenge log credit at the same time. ...I mean, this was possible before, but now FATEs actually appear.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Here's a map if anyone uses this.

I'm impressed how quickly that map came out. It's helped me hunt down spawn points for getting challenge logs done.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FutureCop posted:

I wanted to love MCH, but I'm really starting to dislike it lately. Problem is, I'm not talking about the whole awkward design of the class, as there is a bit of a rhythm to it once you get used to it. My problem is with the 'heated' shots: I actually much prefer the normal unheated shots. The unheated shots, to me, are a lot more satisfying as they are sharper, snappier, and more directed in terms of animation, sound, and damage impact, while the 'heated' shots are a bit all over the place in terms of animation with duller, muted sound and vague damage impact. I know it's sacrilege as I think everyone prefers the Bayonetta-esque animations. I'm not saying there's not a place for them, but as it stands there's no reason to see the unheated shots and they are treated as a punishment actually. Maybe if the heated animations played only during overheat it would allow for both animations to shine.

Oh no, you're completely right. If I went digging back in this thread's posts or the discord, I could probably find something complaining about this exact very thing. You might have run into the same problem that I did:

With the unheated animations, there is an audible audio cue that you get when you get a proc. This makes for very easy running of your 1-2-3 combo, because you can know exactly when something procced the next shot without ever looking down at your bar. You could blindfold me and I would be able to just sit there mashing 1-2-1-3-2-3 in perfect order if they procced properly unheated. If there is an equivalent effect on procced Heated Shots, it's very hard to hear compared to their unheated versions, and I cannot do the same.

Also, give me back my loving Grenado Shot, you bastards. :argh:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 22, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh no, you're completely right. If I went digging back in this thread's posts or the discord, I could probably find something complaining about this exact very thing. You might have run into the same problem that I did:

With the unheated animations, there is an audible audio cue that you get when you get a proc. This makes for very easy running of your 1-2-3 combo, because you can know exactly when something procced the next shot without ever looking down at your bar. You could blindfold me and I would be able to just sit there mashing 1-2-1-3-2-3 in perfect order if they procced properly unheated. If there is an equivalent effect on procced Heated Shots, it's very hard to hear compared to their unheated versions, and I cannot do the same.

Also, give me back my loving Grenado Shot, you bastards. :argh:

I play a lot of MCH and I didn't even realize the procs had audio cues. I've always just watched the hotbar.

If you're having problems with catching the procs, you could do what a BRD player suggested above and put copes of the shots on a zoomed-in hotbar.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Pagos’ map loving sucks if you are sub level 32.

Anemos’ map was dangerous (think of the snakes) but still fairly easy to navigate. Pagos just loving sucks.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Eureka just loving sucks.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Pagos’ map loving sucks if you are sub level 32.

Anemos’ map was dangerous (think of the snakes) but still fairly easy to navigate. Pagos just loving sucks.

Level-locking the aetherytes the way they did was a strange choice. You had to wait until 9 to attune to Anemos aetherytes, but you could get all of them. If they kept that pattern, you'd expect to be able to attune in Pagos at 27~28. Instead, the southern one only requires 21 while the northern ones are 30 and 32.

Really, it seems like they deliberately designed the zone to keep you in the southern half before hitting 30.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

How do you play RDM and not press the Corp-a-corps or any melee buttons once?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DizzyBum posted:

Level-locking the aetherytes the way they did was a strange choice. You had to wait until 9 to attune to Anemos aetherytes, but you could get all of them. If they kept that pattern, you'd expect to be able to attune in Pagos at 27~28. Instead, the southern one only requires 21 while the northern ones are 30 and 32.

Really, it seems like they deliberately designed the zone to keep you in the southern half before hitting 30.

It also didn't require a lovely weaving pattern that takes 10 minutes just to get to the other side of Anemos.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hey now let's not use words like 'deliberately designed' when talking about Eureka.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The dragons were deliberately placed to make you miss NMs, that's for sure.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Saint Freak posted:

Hey now let's not use words like 'deliberately designed' when talking about Eureka.
There's negligence and then there's spite. Anemos could almost qualify as negligence with Shark Alley and Wind Serpent City.

Pagos doubled down on those, which makes it spite, which makes it deliberate.

It's no longer 'hah hah :shepface:' funny it's now 'hah... hah :shepicide:' :airquote:funny.:airquote:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's nice that they buffed NM train XP, but I've made my decision already to not bother with that poo poo and that isn't going to change it. :effort:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Asimo posted:

It's nice that they buffed NM train XP, but I've made my decision already to not bother with that poo poo and that isn't going to change it. :effort:

:same: I didn't enjoy Anemos and even with the train "fixed" I won't suddenly enjoy Pagos.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

oh no blimp issue posted:

How do you play RDM and not press the Corp-a-corps or any melee buttons once?

Ask me about the lighthouse I ran yesterday with 3 other RDMs and I was the only one poping embolden.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hell, the fact it was "fixed" but early adopters are all already 30+ there really isn't a point in coming in now as you'll be left behind on the train.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Leal posted:

Hell, the fact it was "fixed" but early adopters are all already 30+ there really isn't a point in coming in now as you'll be left behind on the train.

I went from 20 to 24 in an hour of following the train yesterday. There are plenty of folks doing it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

I went from 20 to 24 in an hour of following the train yesterday. There are plenty of folks doing it.

The annoying thing is that since the map is so loving obnoxious to navigate that people level 30/32 can kill any NM spawn long before a level 20-29 player can run to it.

Was in one instance yesterday where a NM popped on the other side of the map and it was declared “we are pulling in 3 minutes.”

The people running made about 50% of the way when it was pulled and by the time it was dead, everyone was only 75% of the way there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The train got me to Level 32. Granted, that was from Level 27, but still.

What I'm worried by is the fact that minions only drop from RNG based lockboxes from mutated enemies. And enemies only mutate based on another level of RNG.

And then there's the bunny chests that take you to areas of densely packed Level 40 enemies.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the fact that they didn't take any criticisms of Anemos to heart, and just doubled down on the really lousy choices for Pagos, is a pretty good way to keep me out of it. Hell, I JUST unlocked it last night to get the quest maker out of Kugane. And I'm the kind of idiot who did multiple Anima weapons simultaneously.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

I'm still at level 13 since I quit Anemos in disgust. I sure as poo poo can't be arsed to catch up now.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Philonius posted:

I'm still at level 13 since I quit Anemos in disgust. I sure as poo poo can't be arsed to catch up now.

:same: Diadem 2.0 was legitimately more fun, even if it wasn't THAT fun.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, if you reduced mob strength in Diadem, it wouldn't be a bad way to spend time in-game. Hunting for chests is kinda neat, you have mounts from the get go, and you have a short mission that gives rewards right from the start.

Significantly better than "Level up to (high number) to continue the story. Just kidding; it's only Krile asking you to pick up another Magicite."

There has literally been only one cutscene in Eureka that was halfway interesting so far, and it's the one of the Lalafell lamenting how he can spend his whole life working to earn a position that someone else can also get just by virtue of being born with Crystal Mom's special blessings. Everything else is just non-existent or your standard vague RPG "intrigue" where we need to do THAT to stop THEM from beginning the THING.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The next hildibrand trial is going to be locked behind eureka progression

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Don't you dare give them the idea.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

that would require there to be a new hildibrand trial

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The rare times I do go to relic grind I actually spend most of it in Anemos.

I still have about 8 or so relics to get from there. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I need five, but I have all of the crystals and feathers. I just have to level my Tanks and non-SCH healers to 70.