Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Battlefront 2, the sequel to Battlefront, which is the sequel to Battlefront 2, which is the sequel to Battlefront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Battlefield :v: : Dancing with Nazis

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The New Battlefield: The Most Recent One

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tei posted:

You Make Me Feel Like Danzig

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You Make Me Feel Like Danzig

The marketing campaign is really goering up.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Mzuri posted:

The marketing campaign is really goering up.

:dudsmile:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Tei posted:

Battlefield V: Am I in the Reich Thread?

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Battlefield V: Am I in the Reich Thread?

Battlefield V: DLC will net you free.

That’s all I got.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Born in Bexhill posted:

Battlefield V: DLC will net you free.

That’s all I got.

DLC macht frEA

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Feels good to finally get the last two service stars for the two LMG's I didn't, both burton LMR variants. The trench is kind of fun in CQB due to the high rate of fire but the recoil is hot garbage. Optical at the other hand is poo poo at everything, high recoil (it's impossible to even tap fire the thing) and bad hip fire on top. Jesus, it took forever to get 100 kills with it and when I was done, going back to older weapons like the Benet-Mercie, BAR, Lewis, Madsen and so makes the game feel easier.

This road to battlefield is a cool thing because it puts me playing again in a weekly basis even if it's to unlock a bunch of skins.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/10/europe/germany-video-games-nazi-symbols-intl/index.html

Quick, somebody make a clickbait title with "germany" and "battlefield" here.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone else on the BFV alpha? It seems...ok. Never really liked battlefield games all that much, but got into BF1 because WW1 is dope and there's like 2 games about it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I want to play! But I didn’t get in 😞

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yeah would've loved to play the alpha but no invite. Not sure what the gently caress their criteria were, I'm an active player (averaging like 4 hours/day) and pre-ordered the Deluxe version of V on PC and PS4.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I assume it's random, I haven't played BF1 for months and months. Don't think I even played the last DLC.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So is there a verdict on whether we're going to collectively get the new BF V? The 'it's fun for 6 months until DICE nerfs everything fun' rule was thoroughly smashed by BF1, and i don't know if i could handle the heartbreak of another game with no fun ways to gently caress with snipers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They sure didn't nerf the "totally never worked in the field" Hellriegel enough to not make it like the best assault weapon.

I don't remember a weapon so overused in a battlefield game as that one, not even the M16a3 in BF3 for medics or the M60 in BC2.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm still gonna get bfv. I haven't played any multiplayer shooters in a long while and I don't know what else to pick other than this.

So yeah I'll be on if you guys want to invite me like our old bf1 parties.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm gonna get it. Hopefully it's fun.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I shall not. I liked BF4 an awful lot, but BF1 felt much more arcade-style to me in a way that really went over poorly. From what I've seen of BF5, they went for the same feel here, so.... pass.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the changes to the BF formula in Battlefront where awnful, but I trough where self-inflicted wounds to a game serie (the star wars spinoff of BF) that kind of made sense for it. Battlefront was more popular in consoles, with lots of people having nostalgia and great memories playing against bots. I know, because of the internet.

I am still tryiing to cope with the idea of squad spawning. That people magically appear next to teammates, instead of having to walk from a base, or having to drive in a vehicle, is a double edged sword. But it don't break my fun in the game, and seems to be basic to other people having fun in the serie.

I am here waiting for more news, and I will probably get BFV, but only if is a good game. If is some WW2 skin of Battlefront, I may skip it. But this is a worst case scenario, and I don't think will happen. The only BF game I have skipped was Hardline, and thats because ignorance, or being busy on other games. Or some of the console exclusive versions, like 1943, because I was a PC only gamer.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Definitely not planning on paying full-price for it so I’ll probably get it sometime in 2019 after I’m all RDR2’d out.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I mean some of y'all fence sitters or pessimists could just try it out when the open beta drops in a couple weeks.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'll get it. I had way more fun with bf1 than bf3 or 4 so if this installment is like bf1 then I'll enjoy it.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I'll get it. I enjoyed BF1 a lot and I like squad spawn.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
when is the open beta. V looks great but i need to hands on playing before i fully commit. i love 1 too.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

when is the open beta. V looks great but i need to hands on playing before i fully commit. i love 1 too.
September 6th, or the 4th if you pre-order or have EA Access.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-announcement

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

September 6th, or the 4th if you pre-order or have EA Access.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-announcement

cool. thanks

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Im buyin it no matter what, something about every BF game just scratches an itch for me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Joe the Strummer posted:

Im buyin it no matter what, something about every BF game just scratches an itch for me.

Yup, this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its gonna be good

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please bring back the spawn beacon.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RCarr posted:

Please bring back the spawn beacon.

They are

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Noctone posted:

They are

YES! I can't wait to spend entire matches sneaking up from behind enemy lines again.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
If there’s an RC glider or plane I’ll consider it

E: gently caress it give me the thing from that miserable San Andreas mission

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Did they really just move the bf:V release date up to Nov 20th?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
They need the extra time to nerf the wrong things and add bugs. :dice:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They put out a thing saying preorders were down quite a bit from BF1 (probably Battlefront 2 is still in peoples minds) so they've basically just blinked first against Black Ops 4 and Red Dead I think. Probably a combination of that and some major issues cropping up.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Is BF1 Incursions still in the pipeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

thebardyspoon posted:

They put out a thing saying preorders were down quite a bit from BF1 (probably Battlefront 2 is still in peoples minds) so they've basically just blinked first against Black Ops 4 and Red Dead I think. Probably a combination of that and some major issues cropping up.

From their statement:

“You have told us that you are seeing an increased focus on squad play come through, you are also feeling the difference in our revamped player movement and we are getting a lot of positive feedback for our improved weapons handling,” Oskar Gabrielson, general manager of DICE, said in a statement. “You’ve also spurred us to make some meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience, including adjusting the gameplay tempo, improving soldier visibility and reducing player friction. You’ll see a lot of these reflected in our Open Beta that starts on Sept. 6.”

That's sounds a lot like PR speak for "This game is a mess"