Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watchdogs definitely needed 100% more mechaspider poo poo but Ubisoft apparently has a hard limit on "fantasy" poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watch_Dogs 2 would be perfect for the Switch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DLC Inc posted:

watchdogs definitely needed 100% more mechaspider poo poo but Ubisoft apparently has a hard limit on "fantasy" poo poo

Which is funny because 2 has a sequence where you take control of a for real dog-sized bullet spider to ruin a lot of families

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Watch_Dogs 2 would be perfect for the Switch.

it would, fun game that didn't get enough attention when it launched

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Barudak posted:

Ah yes, who could foget “drab city with purposefully authentic lack of interesting features or reasons to explore it”.

San Andreas copies LA so well it's absolutely incredible how they managed to pull it off; criticize the gameplay (or the lovely monetization of multiplayer, gently caress you Rockstar) of GTAIV/V all you want but they're one of the only game devs that can make the map of an open world title amazingly detailed and enjoyable.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GTAV was good and I’d play it again on Switch.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

DLC Inc posted:

GTAV was a technical landmark for Rockstar but I grew to hate the size of the game world when it boiled down to "lol look how long you have to loving drive to get from A to B" because the activities therein were just basically nothing. Witcher 3 was a better example of a living open world with characters and locales that matter or offer value. idk if it's a hot take or not but maybe it's just a personal thing i.e. I don't find realistic open world stuff like Mafia 3 or Watchdogs interesting. Saints Row 3 at least just throws the kitchen sink at you in terms of stupid poo poo so I'd be more apt to playing that one again.

I love to commute to the countryside in my video game

It really was amazing that they put in basically featureless highways for the goal of real world authenticity

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Maybe the barren areas were going to be used for single player DLC in GTAV, kind of like the alien thing they were hinting at since it’s launch. But then Rockstar found people will spend stupid amounts of money on the lovely online, said “lol gently caress that”, and killed off any hope of single player DLC for more crappy online heists and super cars you can’t even use in single player

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

GTAV was good and I’d play it again on Switch.

You and a frankly staggering amount of people

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Maybe the barren areas were going to be used for single player DLC in GTAV, kind of like the alien thing they were hinting at since it’s launch. But then Rockstar found people will spend stupid amounts of money on the lovely online, said “lol gently caress that”, and killed off any hope of single player DLC for more crappy online heists and super cars you can’t even use in single player

This is the real disappointing part of GTAV. I'd love more single player content but it simply isn't going to happen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

GTA4's DLC sold really poorly (which apparently pissed Rockstar off enough that they spitefully killed one of their protagonists in 5) and GTA Online's made them 6 billion dollars so I really doubt we'll ever get sizable single player DLC from their main games again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watch_Dogs 2 lets you pet dogs, lots of dogs. So it is a title I need to play someday.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Watch_Dogs, a game in which you watch (and pet) dogs

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Why does this thread hate games so much.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

People who like games more spend more time playing and less time posting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Over There posted:

I dunno but

Heath posted:

Watch_Dogs, a game in which you watch (and pet) dogs

Sounds like a great Nintendogs follow up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

This

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sleeping Dogs has the superior dogs and would be perfect for the switch

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The ending of GTAV ruled and was worth watching a lot of the more boring cutscenes.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't hate games I hate gamers

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barudak posted:

You and a frankly staggering amount of people

I’ll be shocked if we don’t get an announcement soon considering LA Noire sold well on Switch and that they still make a shitload of money off GTA Online.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Actually the worst part of GTA5 is that cops start shooting you at 1-star and you immediately go up to 2-stars no matter what if you get a wanted level. Didn't previous games only have cops start firing on you at 2 stars and 1-star was actually something you had to work to go beyond instead of just immediately being upgraded to the next level? The best guess my friends and I had was that the shoot first ask questions later attitude of the cops was supposed to be ~social commentary~.

It's funny, I feel like I never even saw 5 stars in GTA5 either. Like, you could go on an absolute rampage and I don't think I ever saw a 5-star wanted level outside of missions. Just 4-stars.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FPzero posted:

Actually the worst part of GTA5 is that cops start shooting you at 1-star and you immediately go up to 2-stars no matter what if you get a wanted level. Didn't previous games only have cops start firing on you at 2 stars and 1-star was actually something you had to work to go beyond instead of just immediately being upgraded to the next level? The best guess my friends and I had was that the shoot first ask questions later attitude of the cops was supposed to be ~social commentary~.

It's funny, I feel like I never even saw 5 stars in GTA5 either. Like, you could go on an absolute rampage and I don't think I ever saw a 5-star wanted level outside of missions. Just 4-stars.

I don’t know why they took out the National Guard coming at you at maximum level in the new games. It was cool to see the streets empty and be replaced with tank columns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Reality Loser posted:

Sleeping Dogs has the superior dogs and would be perfect for the switch

Let Sleeping Dogs lie.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Watch_Dogs 2 lets you pet dogs, lots of dogs. So it is a title I need to play someday.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Has any new Switch bundles been announced yet, I presume we'll be getting one for Smash at least

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

drrockso20 posted:

Has any new Switch bundles been announced yet, I presume we'll be getting one for Smash at least

There’s one that has Mario Tennis and 1-2 Switch that’s coming soon.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

rumor is the next switch bundle comes paired with bofa

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Didn't it also get rid of the Ambulance, Taxi, and Vigilante mini games too?
I've never forgiven Rockstar for that.

No ambulance missions, but the vigilante missions are still there and you can do taxi missions by calling Roman, I think, although this might only last until his cab depot gets torched. There were also other odd jobs like making drug runs for Jacob and stealing cars for Packie. Plenty to do, although the lack of variety in the story missions and the fact that there are about 30% too many of them really wear you down after a while.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I really liked the driving in GTAIV. You actually had to feather the brakes and gas.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't even mind a port of Chinatown Wars, I think. That was a pretty solid title.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Manky posted:

I wouldn't even mind a port of Chinatown Wars, I think. That was a pretty solid title.

It would be worth it for the drug dealing game alone.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I still play Chinatown Wars on my phone from time to time. The drug dealing is awesome but it also has the best wanted system in the series. It’s the only one that rewards you for engaging the police instead of just running from them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Beastie posted:

I really liked the driving in GTAIV. You actually had to feather the brakes and gas.

Yeah, it was kind of weird at first because it's the driving model from Midnight Club but applied 99% to beater cars and taxis but there was a skill to it. I think a lot of people got thrown off at first because the PS2 GTA trilogy is heavy arcade driving so it's just GAS = GO with little thought involved.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I remember enjoying Chinatown Wars way more than I expected. It played really well too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

rumor is the next switch bundle comes paired with bofa

Bofa!?!?!?!?!?...?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Bofa!?!?!?!?!?...?

Both of these [testicles]

I saw someone say recently in reply that it stood for battle for azeroth and loled

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Breath of Fire Advance

Mega64
May 23, 2008

gently caress: Hollow Knight
Marry: Breath of the Wild
Kill: Super Mario Odyssey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Mega64 posted:

gently caress: Hollow Knight
Marry: Breath of the Wild
Kill: Super Mario Odyssey

Typical marriage. It's fun at first, but then you realize it's shallow and empty.

• Locked thread