Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there any dagger models that look like a main gauche or anything like that? Could be cool in the off-hand for a duelist look, if nothing else.

I've noticed that the "characters must always have both hands occupied" thing is really common in MMOs specifically. At least some of the single-player RPGs I've played have offered options for playing a character with just a single one-handed weapon and no off-hand, but I don't know if I've ever seen that in an MMO. Even when WoW reworked the "Combat" Rogue spec to be "Outlaw" in Legion and made it a swashbuckler thing, they still insisted on dual wielding, even though the usual swashbuckler look is just a single saber or cutlass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Harrow posted:

Are there any dagger models that look like a main gauche or anything like that? Could be cool in the off-hand for a duelist look, if nothing else.

Scroll down on this page to the weapons. This is about the closest I've found to that style of dagger. Actually looks pretty sweet.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Meh, even reading the word Psijic reminds me that ZOS took what should be one of the most interesting factions in Tamriel and reduced it to a series of bad directions on a map fetch quests.

I still need to come back and finish Summerset but that questline drained most of my enthusiasm for it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Meh, even reading the word Psijic reminds me that ZOS took what should be one of the most interesting factions in Tamriel and reduced it to a series of bad directions on a map fetch quests.

I still need to come back and finish Summerset but that questline drained most of my enthusiasm for it.

To be fair to Summerset, that questline has nothing to do with the island storyline. It’s simply the “gain access to the skills” reputation grind.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Beefeater posted:

Scroll down on this page to the weapons. This is about the closest I've found to that style of dagger. Actually looks pretty sweet.

Oh hell yeah, that's a good dagger style. Also somehow I didn't know about that site so now I can stop googling specific motifts to see what the gear looks like when I'm not near an outfit table :v:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Can you reset the Magika Health Stamina allocations?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Can you reset the Magika Health Stamina allocations?

Yep, you can find respec shrines in the capitals and Alinor/Vivec City.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lima posted:

Yep, you can find respec shrines in the capitals and Alinor/Vivec City.

Amazing! I am running a night blade and I had been putting all stamina but I just read the guide on page one about pushing points in Magika.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Amazing! I am running a night blade and I had been putting all stamina but I just read the guide on page one about pushing points in Magika.

Both are totally fine. Stamina is for weapons/physical DPS, magicka is for magic DPS and healing. If you want to roll with swords, bows, and stuff like that, stamina is what you want. A lot of your class skills (from the Assassination, Shadow, and Siphoning lines) scale with magicka by default but some of them can be morphed to use stamina instead when they finish ranking up.

That said, magicka Nightblade is a ton of fun and it's what I'm running right now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

the quests are a grindy slog though the skull does have some interesting lore bits he blabs about

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Harrow posted:

Both are totally fine. Stamina is for weapons/physical DPS, magicka is for magic DPS and healing. If you want to roll with swords, bows, and stuff like that, stamina is what you want. A lot of your class skills (from the Assassination, Shadow, and Siphoning lines) scale with magicka by default but some of them can be morphed to use stamina instead when they finish ranking up.

That said, magicka Nightblade is a ton of fun and it's what I'm running right now.

:yeah:

I have one of each (stamina and magicka) and they're both a ton of fun. I pull higher DPS with the stamina variety, but that's likely more reflective of me perpetually sucking trying to play a magic class in any MMO.

I flip the magicka one to be a healer now and then and it's an absolute blast. Blood healers rock.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Beefeater posted:

When the outfit system first came out it would suppress the enchantment hues if you changed the look of your weapons. They "fixed" that in the next patch and now it's constantly visible instead. I liked having non-constantly-glowy weapons. :(

That's actually a weird bug, believe it or not.

E: both sides of that. :negative:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

switched up some old weapons to nirn/infused and now i am infused with the joy of life

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Okay I hit 160.

what now

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Beefeater posted:

While I was scrolling down that page, I was a bit startled by this image, before I figured out what was going on:

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Karma Comedian posted:

Okay I hit 160.

what now

Get to 300, then get to 750.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Necrosaro posted:

Get to 300, then get to 750.

:negative:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

work in progress of outfit for ashlander themed bowden

these are probably the worst motifs to work with dye wise (legs looked like they matched at station then step out in to the sunlight and you can see the difference)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Berke Negri posted:

work in progress of outfit for ashlander themed bowden

these are probably the worst motifs to work with dye wise (legs looked like they matched at station then step out in to the sunlight and you can see the difference)

Yeah, the Morag Tong armors are awful for reflection & sheen. I found the Argonian legs (light or medium, can't remember which) worked well with the ashlander bits.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I wanted to shout-out the incredible generosity of goons @Scarlet-ibis and @thefloobyest who put together a really awesome pvp set for my idiot self on incredibly short notice. I asked for advice, I got sweet gear. I am still really bad at pvp, and when my BG teams win it is in spite of my ineptitude, but I'm now level 4 in Assault and so close to those caltrops I can taste 'em. (They taste like rust.) Thank you, friends, let me know if I can ever repay the favor.

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 24, 2018

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I picked up all the expansion intro quests and the lead-ins when I got to Auridon, but my quest log is cluttered as poo poo and there doesn't seem to be a way to hide quests. Can I drop these quests and pick them up again at a later time?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
That's how it works for everything except daily quests, if it's a different day from when you picked it up.

(If you have a daily quest carry over into another day, you can still complete that quest and then immediately get today's daily.)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Verranicus posted:

So I picked up all the expansion intro quests and the lead-ins when I got to Auridon, but my quest log is cluttered as poo poo and there doesn't seem to be a way to hide quests. Can I drop these quests and pick them up again at a later time?

Pick up a quest tracker mod and hide the tracker

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Scyantific posted:

Pick up a quest tracker mod and hide the tracker

I just want to hide specific quests. Is there a mod for that?

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011
Could I get an invite please? @wwenbow

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Nighteyedie posted:

Could I get an invite please? @wwenbow

Got you

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Verranicus posted:

It's a catch-22. If you keep them they clutter your journal, if you abandon them, you get the NPCs offering them everywhere you go. Especially Stuga. One time she trapped me in a building and I couldn't get out without taking her quest.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

zjentohlauedy posted:

It's a catch-22. If you keep them they clutter your journal, if you abandon them, you get the NPCs offering them everywhere you go. Especially Stuga. One time she trapped me in a building and I couldn't get out without taking her quest.

Orc pushy.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Say I wanted to do all the solo PVE content in "canon" order, does this sound good?

- Dominion Zones/Main Story through to Coldharbour finale
- Other 2 faction zones via Cadwell
- Cyrodil
- Craglorn
- Orsinium DLC
- Morrowind Expansion
- Summerset Expansion

I know there are other DLCs, but this is what I've got right now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, the Morag Tong armors are awful for reflection & sheen. I found the Argonian legs (light or medium, can't remember which) worked well with the ashlander bits.

just noticed that at some point they added a filter for dyes by material this changes everything

Verranicus posted:

Say I wanted to do all the solo PVE content in "canon" order, does this sound good?

- Dominion Zones/Main Story through to Coldharbour finale
- Other 2 faction zones via Cadwell
- Cyrodil
- Craglorn
- Orsinium DLC
- Morrowind Expansion
- Summerset Expansion

I know there are other DLCs, but this is what I've got right now.

Dominion (or whichever faction you pick) first yeah up through Coldharbour

Other faction arcs are optional really, they all take place at the same time. You could do them all before going to Coldharbour, or after. Caldwell's was just kind of a conceit to justify going to other factions/vet zones before 1tamriel. If you want to meet all the reoccurring NPCs that show up in Coldharbour before you get there, do all the faction stuff first

Morrowind is next. Make sure to do the Cult of Azura prequel quest before starting. Morrowind technically takes place during the Main Quest and both can be done alongside each other

Clockwork City is pretty much a direct sequel to Morrowind, do it after the chapter. Also has a prequel quest you'll want to do first

-Summerset is last, and ties together a lot of things from the Main Quest, Morrowind, and Clockwork City. Also has a prequel quest. This and Clockwork City are probably the only ones I'd recommend to save for last

to hit all the main story beats in order

Main Quest/Faction Zone(s)>Orsinium*>Morrowind>Clockwork City>Summerset

DLC that takes place outside of the main story progression
*Orsinium after Main Quest "canonically", though it's written in a way to be done any time. Honestly this is only slotted here because there's an Easter egg that teasers the post MQ arc that begins with Morrowind and 99.9% of the rest is it's own thing. I don't even know if it occurs if you do Orsinium before finishing the MQ
-Imperial City / All other Dungeon DLC (basically can occur during or after Main Quest)
-Thieves Guild (completely unrelated to anything else)
-Dark Brotherhood (will reference bits from MQ/Orsinium but only if you've already done them, minor things)
-Craglorn (completely separate from anything else)

Alternatively for reference here is order of release omiting dungeon dlcs.

1.Main Quest/Personal Faction
2.Caldwell's Silver/Gold
3.Craglorn
4.Imperial City
5.Orsinium
6.Thieves Guild
7.Dark Brotherhood
8.Morrowind
9.Clockwork City
10.Summerset

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 24, 2018

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Clockwork City is pretty much a direct sequel to Morrowind, do it after the chapter. Also has a prequel quest you'll want to do first

What's the Clockwork City prequel quest? I jumped right into it after Morrowind, not sure what I missed along the way.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Harrow posted:

What's the Clockwork City prequel quest? I jumped right into it after Morrowind, not sure what I missed along the way.

It's called "Of Knives and Long Shadows", investigate the murder of a bunch of mages.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
A bit of advice for people new to PVP (like me): if you normally wear a lot of flash (gold or just shiny dyes, or a look that simply stands out), wear a plain, generic costume when you PVP.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Coldforge posted:

A bit of advice for people new to PVP (like me): if you normally wear a lot of flash (gold or just shiny dyes, or a look that simply stands out), wear a plain, generic costume when you PVP.

Wear skeleton always.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Coldforge posted:

that's coward talk

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ixjuvin posted:

that's coward talk

GDR. My only regret is not being able to get points for finishing off my teammates with backstabs.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Wear the Breton Hero costume and intimidate the enemy with your bulk.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I was under the impression that the nordic bather's towel was standard PvP attire. :confused:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Oceanbound posted:

It's called "Of Knives and Long Shadows", investigate the murder of a bunch of mages.

if you skipped it and already went to CWC the dialogue should reflect that I believe

There IS reactivity to doing some stuff out of order problem is there's like 400 hours of quests in the game so

Generally newer content should account better for doing things out of order (I do know dialogue in at least CWC, maybe Morrowind content changes if you do Summerset very first I just don't know how much or where entirely) so anything I said above is more a better to be safe guide really

Rule of thumb is the newer content is probably more taken into account doing out of order than older stuff. The faction/main quest stuff being most likely culprit of not taking into account doing out of order because not all the VA from back then are still around, while Morrowind/CWC/SS should probably change slightly depending on order but I can't say how extensive it is as I haven't done it myself

Though I think my favorite little bit is from WGT dungeon when you talk to Empress Clivia Tharn if you had been crowned emperor in Cyrodiil that YOURE the emperor and she'll just laugh at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I've gone far enough in Clockwork City to have gained access to the Brass Fortress (but no further yet), is it worth going back and doing Of Knives and Long Shadows, or should I just keep on going?

The story quests are good so I won't be inconvenienced or anything, just wondering if it's worth interrupting Clockwork City progress or if it's a pretty minor thing.