Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Might have been a typo then, but there was a Gleen Green in the 1940 US Census: https://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Colorado/Gleen-Green_1g754j

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

S.M. Green was apparently the kind of motherfucker who names his son Gail, so he may well have named his other son Gleen.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I honestly read it as Green Green until Bertrand said Glen.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
One of my Dad's friends was Norfleet. Everyone called him Fleet.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Some of the names in my family:
Cleofus
Kermit
Verbeena
Ilsie and Elsie (twins, Elsie being a boy.)
Tea Estelle (male)
Barley (Tea's brother)
Uin
Ival
Why yes, one side of my mom's family were from the Ozarks, why do you ask?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I hope Ival had a natural birth so their mother was able to say to the doctor, "Lead me not into medication, but deliver me Ival" :dadjoke:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Stairs posted:

Some of the names in my family:
Cleofus
Kermit
Verbeena
Ilsie and Elsie (twins, Elsie being a boy.)
Tea Estelle (male)
Barley (Tea's brother)
Uin
Ival
Why yes, one side of my mom's family were from the Ozarks, why do you ask?

Don't know what the Ozarks are but holy hell, unless this is like England where Ashley can be a guy's name and it's normal?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've known Elsies and Ilses, but they were all women and also Dutch/Flemish. Ilsie is new

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jojoinnit posted:

Don't know what the Ozarks are but holy hell, unless this is like England where Ashley can be a guy's name and it's normal?

Ozarks are a region in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kansas containing a couple mountain regions and some plains.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ozarks are a region in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kansas containing a couple mountain regions and some plains.

Cool. And I learned they also have really dumb names.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999404443345993728
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999406981281603589
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999408173025914880
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999409848142807040
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999410431050432512
https://twitter.com/petit_elefant/status/999410849096679427

My name is also Kelldrix.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
AROARIN

ohmygod

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

white girl named Katana

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stott is doomed to a lifetime of saying "no, not Scott" because Scott wasn't fuckin' special enough for his idiot parents. Now he has a name that makes him sound like he has a speech impediment.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Harry Sukman.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lol, Braxton. Who wouldn't want to share a name with this studmuffin:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

white girl named Katana

Well shell probably live up to the name by being folded over hundreds of times in her life because of her poor quality ingredients.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Barudak posted:

Well shell probably live up to the name by being folded over hundreds of times in her life because of her poor quality ingredients.

:sbahj:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

To be fair, that is how you make a good tamagoyaki. Which would be a better name.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Barudak posted:

In this case the constant hammering will fail to remove the defects though.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It came up in the weird news headlines thread that the press attaché at the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam is named Pope Thrower. Seriously.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Stairs posted:

the Ozarks

Best last names I've seen here:
Sixkiller
Tenkiller
Hogshooter
Fagg

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It came up in the weird news headlines thread that the press attaché at the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam is named Pope Thrower. Seriously.

Another year, another denied request to transfer to the Vatican

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gerhard U. Wiener, which is a perfectly normal German name, but... come onnnnnn

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Lol, Braxton. Who wouldn't want to share a name with this studmuffin:

I know a Braxton at work who unironically calls people "brah." As in "How's it hanging, brah?" Somehow it fits the name perfectly.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jack Sock

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I had a customer with the last name Bloodchild. He was about ten.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Joanne Shortt Butler

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Man, that's a nice business card. I wonder if he's ever worked for Samsung, or at least interviewed with them.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Some "English" names from today:

Junny
Orange
Diego
-- so close, and yet so far...or mom's a big fan of Dora the Explorer. I'll find out tomorrow by yelling HOLA DIEGO!!! and blinking at him robotically.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Diego is a completely normal hispanic name though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah...doesn't seem that odd even for a non-Hispanic country. I'm in Flanders and I'm pretty sure I remember there being at least one Diego in high school.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Yes, Diego is a normal name. It is not an English name. It was chosen by someone who is not Hispanic by any stretch, with no connection to anything even adjacent to Spanish culture, to represent themselves in English. That is why it was funny to me. I hope that's clear now, thank you. :angel:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I guess it doesn't stand out as much because it sounds like a "normal" name. But I guess it's just as weird as a Caucasian family naming their kid Yosuke or something.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Candida Cave

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I feel like I already posted this but I can't find it so whatever. Chinese English names are weird, but luckily I only really see adults so they've settled on fairly normal English names. My boss and his wife are from Fujian, and he goes by the very normal John, but I can't figure out why his wife chose Vickie, a name containing a sound she can't actually pronounce. There's also a Jimbo.

the tiny middle-aged cantonese lady in the kitchen intentionally named herself after an anime character (Winly) and also owns

Stooge
Aug 27, 2018

I met a Holly Day once.

Imagine your parents hating you that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Got a customer whose name is Dan Hole. Even wears a nametag that says Dan Hole. Dan Hole.

The customer's name that makes me the saddest is Anne Coulter. That's gotta suck the most.