Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's not so much that Mike Evans is a straight-up 'do not draft' for me, it's just that I'm not interested in drafting him at the auction price I know he's going to command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Mike Evans is a late third round pick masquerading as a late second. Hot move averaging out his stupid rear end touchdowns

Also more like Rashaad Nickel

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1032326653819670528

I'm real glad I backed him up by also taking Carson.

also obligatory fat joke:

More like Rashaad Penny, Nickle, Dime the Quarter Mr Goodcents for those sensible meals

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Mike Evans: never again

:same:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Auction league, standard $200 budget.

I got both Gurley and David Johnson for $70 each.

rest of my roster is
goff (5)
fuller v (5)
robert woods (5)
alex collins (18)
jordan reed (3)

and a bunch more WRs/RBs:
cj anderson, sony michel, james white (2-3 each)

edelman, marquise goodwin, sterling shepard. (3-4 each)

did I gently caress myself over going too hard on gurley and johnson?

Edit: .5 ppr if that matters

How many teams are in the league?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

What do you guys think of Devonta Freeman and Mike Evans?

Poop and more poop

E:

My hot taek from a few pages ago:

Suave Fedora posted:

Call me a spurned last-season Evans owner, but I’m not picking up any shares unless it’s a ridiculous value, like 3rd round. I’m concerned about him not getting support from his QB or offense in general.

By “support” I mean fantasy points generation. You need a good QB behind a good offensive line behind a good offensive scheme/coordinator/etc and that’s been missing from the Bucs for far too long.

What’s changed since last year?

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 22, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At least once per day I look at the picture of my draft board and hate myself for picking Ronald Jones in the 7th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mike Evan's main advantage has been that Jameis Winston targets him an absurd amount - his catch percentage swings between 50% and 55%. Last year his targets dropped from 173 to 136, and he fell to 1001 yards and 5 TDs.

A 50 to 55% catch rate is fairly mediocre. It's worse than the catch rate of most of his competition for targets, like Brate, Godwin, Humphries... it's about par with DeSean Jackson. So the question for Evans is really: is he going to see his target volume rise compared to last season?

Winston's suspended for 3 games to start the season. If you want Evans I'd consider letting someone else draft him and then buy low in week 3. Although they face the bears week 4 and then have a bye week 5, so that could go either way.

I've got him on my dynasty team with a $41 salary ($250 salary cap) and I'm pretty ambivalent about his value at that price point.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Suave Fedora posted:

Poop and more poop

E:

By “support” I mean fantasy points generation. You need a good QB behind a good offensive line behind a good offensive scheme/coordinator/etc and that’s been missing from the Bucs for far too long.

The Bucs could have a better Oline than last year with Ryan Jensen being signed and Ali Marpet moving back to guard. Our RBs did not get any better but they didn't get any worse, unfortunately that means they are still bad. Jameis is suspended 3 games this year but he was hurt for 10 last year.

Last year was Mike Evans' floor, and he still put up 1,000 yards. Evans is extremely talented. Evans on the Steelers or Packers would be a first overall pick. Evans on the Bucs is still a WR1.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At least once per day I look at the picture of my draft board and hate myself for picking Ronald Jones in the 7th.

He was my first pick of the rookie draft for my dynasty league and it suuuucckkkkssss.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Poop and more poop

E:

I mean, in 2016 Evans had 96-1320-12. Did the Bucs team meet your criteria then?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I actually didn't realize that he was WR1 in my league in 2016. He still had the 7th-highest auction cost among WRs ($39, tied with Jordy Nelson). In 2017, he was WR22 and had the fourth-highest cost ($54). If I could get him at the cost of WR22 in 2018, I would probably do it, but I don't expect his cost to drop all that much. He feels like a high-risk play if you're paying him like a first-round WR.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

He also will not have Winston targeting him a hundred times a game for a couple of games no

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

ZenVulgarity posted:

He also will not have Winston targeting him a hundred times a game for a couple of games no

To which I point out his rookie season where he still put up 1,000 yards with Mike Glennon and Josh McCown throwing to him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Evans is going in the third. That's a decent value for his floor/ceiling. People are mad at him for not living up to his ADP last year, but you should be mad at yourselves for overdrafting him. He was always going to regress and having him be one of the first four receivers off the board was crazy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah a 1000 yard receiver is worth drafting, but like: crabtree is a 1000 yard receiver.

Evans is still going ahead of Hilton, Diggs, Hill, Baldwin... and just behind Keenan Allen and AJ Green. That seems like the right crew to be mixed in with, more or less. I could see him potentially underperforming most of them, though, and I do not see his ceiling as being as high as several of those guys. So he's a risk, he could turn in like a 1000/6 season and not be a total bust, but 3.2 is still in my opinion on the optimistic side of the fence for him.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah a 1000 yard receiver is worth drafting, but like: crabtree is a 1000 yard receiver.

Evans is still going ahead of Hilton, Diggs, Hill, Baldwin... and just behind Keenan Allen and AJ Green. That seems like the right crew to be mixed in with, more or less. I could see him potentially underperforming most of them, though, and I do not see his ceiling as being as high as several of those guys. So he's a risk, he could turn in like a 1000/6 season and not be a total bust, but 3.2 is still in my opinion on the optimistic side of the fence for him.

His catch rate is comparable (or worse?) to Cooper. I think they're both a bit further back. I see more competition for him than past years.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

How many teams are in the league?

12 teams. I am attempting to trade

alex collins for tyreek hill

OR

alex collins + cj anderson for tom brady

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OR

Collins for Reek is good, but rescind that offer for Brady if you’ve sent it, that’s bad

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

His catch rate is comparable (or worse?) to Cooper. I think they're both a bit further back. I see more competition for him than past years.

I hope this wasn't supposed to be an argument for Evans. :v:

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

I hope this wasn't supposed to be an argument for Evans. :v:

It's an argument for why Evans is overvalued at his ADP. I see him and Cooper as behind the guys he listed, not ahead.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Don't draft Evans until late 2nd at the earliest. If you don't draft him, then trade for him from the frustrated owner in like week 3.

Just because you can't draft him where you want him doesn't mean you can't steal him mid-season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Huh Gerronimo Allison on the waiver wire. Mentioned in like every fantasy podcast ever recorded this summer. Worth it?

edit: I type this and then the next thing I read is this

waah posted:

Reports are packers are shopping Randall Cobb. It's never too early to start Player X to New England rumors.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

It's an argument for why Evans is overvalued at his ADP. I see him and Cooper as behind the guys he listed, not ahead.

I wasn't sure because it looked like you were quoting someone who agreed with you, unless I'm misreading that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Huh Gerronimo Allison on the waiver wire. Mentioned in like every fantasy podcast ever recorded this summer. Worth it?

edit: I type this and then the next thing I read is this

Yeah, absolutely grab him.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can anyone figure out a Golden Tate/golden showers/presidential reference team name pun?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

veiled boner fuel posted:

Can anyone figure out a Golden Tate/golden showers/presidential reference team name pun?

Piss Tate Is Real

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah that's pretty A to B there

Or P to T, actually

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

on the bored wop posted:

Piss Tate Is Real

I don't even want to try after this

:bravo:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

GoonTier needs YOU!

3 spots open for Tier B

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3865947

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

on the bored wop posted:

Piss Tate Is Real

I think that's it :golfclap:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Alex Collins or Derrick Henry?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Should I be thinking about Geronimo or All Day off waiver? 14 person league and small bench (and IDP) with these currently sitting on it:

Kelvin Benjamin
Rishard Matthews
Sanu
Deion Jones (LB) that got autodrafted after I went to bed, starter is Sean Lee

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Just finished the draft and I go back and forth between really hating and kinda liking my team... Trying out beersheets and this is what it gave me out of pick 5, unfortunately with one or two timeout autodrafts.

12 team, 0.5PPR, 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1WRT K DEF

code:
QB: Brees, Smith
RB: McCaffrey, Ajayi, L Miller, Crowell, Mack, Bernard, Booker
WR: Brown, Kupp, S Shepard, K Benjamin, Sanu
TE: Kelce
I probably drop Smith and Booker for my K and Def? Not sure where I go from here.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

veiled boner fuel posted:

Should I be thinking about Geronimo or All Day off waiver? 14 person league and small bench (and IDP) with these currently sitting on it:

Kelvin Benjamin
Rishard Matthews
Sanu
Deion Jones (LB) that got autodrafted after I went to bed, starter is Sean Lee

Dump Sean Lee you madman. He's old and always dinged up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Tiptoes posted:

Alex Collins or Derrick Henry?

Collins

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OR

If you can start 3 RBs you’re going to love the advantage flexing Collins gives you.
Your team is fine, just stand pat. Stars and scrubs is still a top tier auction strategy

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

The Bucs could have a better Oline than last year with Ryan Jensen being signed and Ali Marpet moving back to guard. Our RBs did not get any better but they didn't get any worse, unfortunately that means they are still bad. Jameis is suspended 3 games this year but he was hurt for 10 last year.

Last year was Mike Evans' floor, and he still put up 1,000 yards. Evans is extremely talented. Evans on the Steelers or Packers would be a first overall pick. Evans on the Bucs is still a WR1.

I feel similarly about AJ Green. Doomed to their inept offenses.

He may be someone’s WR1; he just ain’t gonna be mine unless he plummets to me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's how I feel about Carlos Hyde

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WaveLength posted:

Just finished the draft and I go back and forth between really hating and kinda liking my team... Trying out beersheets and this is what it gave me out of pick 5, unfortunately with one or two timeout autodrafts.

12 team, 0.5PPR, 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1WRT K DEF

code:
QB: Brees, Smith
RB: McCaffrey, Ajayi, L Miller, Crowell, Mack, Bernard, Booker
WR: Brown, Kupp, S Shepard, K Benjamin, Sanu
TE: Kelce
I probably drop Smith and Booker for my K and Def? Not sure where I go from here.

I don't hate that team. Booker, Sanu, and Smith can be dropped. Who is available with upside?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I picked Melvin Gordon over Estinkial Elliott and Kamara at #5 in a 12 man league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

I picked Melvin Gordon over Estinkial Elliott and Kamara at #5 in a 12 man league.

Well you are dumb