Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Zokari posted:

Wait until you see how many Cube Fragments you need.

They aren't the problem. Titan books are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Titan books come along easier for me in general, but it helps that I haven't necessarily been gunning for one in particular. I just do the daily ones and I just maxed out the Universal today (after having already T3ed Thor). So now I have 10 of each and will be able to choose between Spidey, Iron Man, Ant-Man, and Deadpool when I get the fragments. I'm under 600 right now so I don't expect that to me an immediate question. But Deadpool probably becomes the answer when it happens unless he's really hard to rank up or Iron Man just feels like the better improvement. Or maybe a new option by then.

I'm still just taking my time on Deadpool and on the Messy X-Men research one and just doing 20 a day and not getting wound up looking for the things. So by the time I'm done we might just have new T3s anyway.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

phosdex posted:

They aren't the problem. Titan books are.

You're the only one who has this problem. I had 10 of each book before I had enough fragments for a second T3. :shrug:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Zokari posted:

You're the only one who has this problem. I had 10 of each book before I had enough fragments for a second T3. :shrug:

Then what are you posting for.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only thing I lack for Cap at t3 is the crystals. I almost have the space cocaine but that drops with basically everyone.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i find i get books much more frequently from whoever the daily boss is, so i just do that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Really? A second quest to run the Psylock level right after unlocking it?

Also I had 1488 M'kraan shards :stare:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

uh oh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

qfb

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad I was able to get more to get away from that number.

I noticed that Dr Strange has a terrible ISO set on him, more for physical attack than anything. What would be good for him? I was reviewing a few of my supposit top tier characters that were under preforming and found Wolverine didn't have an ISO set bonus on him.

I'm also really upset with myself because at some point I forgot to do one event quest mission so I had 390 event do dads. blah

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 21, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm also really upset with myself because at some point I forgot to do one event quest mission so I had 390 event do dads. blah

.... goddammit, me too. My Waiting To T2 lineup is getting long and Chaos Norns aren't coming fast enough. I was hoping to use that ticket on Ghost.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I went for the lv. 5 uniform xp tickets, personally.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Now I have to sit here and fight with myself about paying 30 bucks for an Event Pack to get the tokens... and enough crystals to unlock the Psylocke quest.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I grabbed the 6* ticket. Those seem most useful to me these days since I have half a dozen 5* so they're good for the pay people. I used one on Colossus, I have 2 now. I might use one on Valkyrie or Killmonger but I'll probably hoard for now.

My priority list from these event stores is basically going
1) Mega 6s
2) 6s
3) Mythic Costume
4) T2

Right now I'm debating if its work using a 5* ticket on Domino to speed up the Deadpool quest. I've got a bunch of them but I just hate using one on a farmable character. But if I don't it will be weeks before I make the next step.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been clearing out my friends list with people who've not been logged in for at least a few months. 20 spots open right now. Same name as on here twistedmentat.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Either I don't know how to properly use him or Thor T3 is really underwhelming compared to Cap. His T3 skill is barely taking 1/2 a bar off of level 22 Maw.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like T3 Thor but he wasn't effective at 20+ vs Ebony for me. I had him with Ragnarok and others with the Infinity War costume said he could handle it. I just bought that costume and he definitely seems more powerful elsewhere but I haven't taken him for a spin against Ebony yet.

His 6 definitely isn't as powerful as Cap's, but it charges faster and you don't have to charge it up in the crouch like with Cap. So I think its kind of even. I can probably get 2 6s run off with Thor in the same time it takes to do 1 6 with Cap.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

After posting that I beat him with over a minute left so maybe I just need to get used to it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

After posting that I beat him with over a minute left so maybe I just need to get used to it.

I use him on level 30 maw and finish with 2 minutes left, op

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Just got cap to 425 and crying at the requirements for T3

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

I use him on level 30 maw and finish with 2 minutes left, op

poo poo.

I got a heroic Infinity Wars costume, Lighting +35 & +35 gear on him, Hawk's Eye set, Anti Man team lead. Was feeling pretty good about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I run him with a Lincoln lead and Storm ally to really up his Lightning Damage. That or Hela/Loki for maximum little bumps.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I do Lincoln as leader, Phil as support. Anti-venom and a bunch of energy/elemental strikers like scarlet witch and jean. Got him on a mythic IW uni with a 29% lightning and 160% damage proc obelisk and a half awakened attack iso set

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My basic WBU strategy is to keep Coulson and Shuri in reserve for when I just can't get over the hump of a tough challenge. Try to burn off the "easy" ones like Witch who can pretty much carry some bums most of the time. Then add assists as needed.

Assuming I don't just get lazy and do 5 1s.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I can do up to level 38 Maw using SW with Coulson and Shuri

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just at 25 with Ebony, Proxima, and Corvus and am content there for now because my valor is lower than what's recommended for 26. I could probably push it and make a run at 30 with super teams but for now I'm content to just grab as many 20s as I can and then finish off with 1s.

Dwarf I'm still stuck on 18 with because he's a total loving rear end in a top hat.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah my SW is still bodying Maw mid 20s so I expect to get him up to 30 soon. Curious to see how Psylocke plays against him once I T2 her.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

T3 Thor owns

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
How much of an improvement is Iron Spider over Hobo Spidey? More or less of a boost than AOA Wolverine or IW Proxima over vanilla?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dr. VonHugenstein posted:

How much of an improvement is Iron Spider over Hobo Spidey? More or less of a boost than AOA Wolverine or IW Proxima over vanilla?

I don't know, op. I don't have that uniform.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

More than AOA Wolvie, I'd say. I never saw a huge bump from that one. There's a definite bump with Spidey but not an absolutely necessary one or a "god tier" one. Its a significant boost. Homecoming Spidey is great but mainly because you can just keep your enemies perpetually webbed while you wail away if you time it right. Infinity War Spidey doesn't even really need to do that. He can just bounce between his 5-4-3s and kill fuckers.

I used to use Homecoming Spidey on Floor 25 of Shadowland with Ragnarok Hulk and Coulson. Now I can just use IW Spidey with two bums and clear it (but I also have him at 70/4/25).

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Infinity War Spidey doesn't even really need to do that. He can just bounce between his 5-4-3s and kill fuckers.

He bounces between 5/4/3 and keeps everything webbed as well. Unlike other Spideys, he does a shitload of damage and isn't reliant on webs to do so. Huge step up.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Which is the spidy that makes my timeline fights take for loving ever because Wofie is constantly webbed but they don't do enough damage to kill me over my self heal while I get a single hit in maybe once every 10 seconds so I eventually win

Cause gently caress that guy

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thats all spideys and quicksilver

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Applied to Marble Hebrons, same name as here. Hope to party down with some rad Strike Force dudes.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Which is the spidy that makes my timeline fights take for loving ever because Wofie is constantly webbed but they don't do enough damage to kill me over my self heal while I get a single hit in maybe once every 10 seconds so I eventually win

Cause gently caress that guy

It is any Spidey except IW. IW Spidey with minimal investment will murder Wolvie. QS and other Spideys just lock him down and take up 5 mins of your time.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I gave my IW Winter Soldier an immunity to Web and Stun Gear.
So anytime Spidey shows up he just throws grenades and instantly kills him.

In other news I heard that Scarlet Witch was great against Ebony Maw. So I took my level 55 SW in and she failed miserably.
Is it because she needs to be level 60 to do anything? As that's a lot of Bios to get her there?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sneeing Emu posted:

Applied to Marble Hebrons, same name as here. Hope to party down with some rad Strike Force dudes.

Hell yeah!!!!! I gotchu fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

I gave my IW Winter Soldier an immunity to Web and Stun Gear.
So anytime Spidey shows up he just throws grenades and instantly kills him.

In other news I heard that Scarlet Witch was great against Ebony Maw. So I took my level 55 SW in and she failed miserably.
Is it because she needs to be level 60 to do anything? As that's a lot of Bios to get her there?

yeah shes gonna take a massive penalty not being 60. you want her at 70 really. fully kitted out shes the best wbu clearer in the game by a mile.