Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

On that note I kinda wish we had some stuff in the OP about KOs and, you know, the present comics / media paradigm. It's five years out of date.

Oh wait our thread was made by someone who doesn't post in the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New...new thread???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

On that note I kinda wish we had some stuff in the OP about KOs and, you know, the present comics / media paradigm. It's five years out of date.

Thew's likeness is far out of date.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Captain Invictus posted:

Are you a stickler for scale or it having to be authentic or do you just want the mold to fiddle with, because MPP10, the well-known oversized knockoff is often buy able brand new shipped for like 60-70 bucks on ebay. I have one and he's flawless, as good if not better than the original, and huge.

I want scale for a MP collection, all my 84-86 Decepticons are MP scale

Not in a rush to get one so I’ll keep looking for a bit. I was hoping the thing I saw about KOs wasn’t true but it appears they only KO the odd color variants

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

Also it continually calls the movies "life action." :cripes:

sba posted:

I want scale for a MP collection, all my 84-86 Decepticons are MP scale

Not in a rush to get one so I’ll keep looking for a bit. I was hoping the thing I saw about KOs wasn’t true but it appears they only KO the odd color variants

As the new MP's release approaches, people will start unloading MP-10s like they're going out of style. Because...well, I guess they are.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Spiderdrake posted:

Well, I just started lurking again, I'm just not really up to date myself rn, haha. If someone'd give me an overview, I could edit it accordingly.

...And maybe shorten it a lot? I've fallen out of love with comprehensive "guide" style OPs.

Keldroc posted:

Also it continually calls the movies "life action." :cripes:
Could've told me that five years ago :<

Five years? Seriously? Geez.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How about you update your CD thread Terry!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That would require watching Age of Extinction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

That would require watching Age of Extinction.

That's the best one!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, he looks.. small?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ANIMATION ACCURATE THIS ONE TIME IRONHIDE WAS TALL SO

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Too skinny and backpack heavy. I’m happy with MP 10. God solid boi

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Terry van Feleday posted:

...And maybe shorten it a lot? I've fallen out of love with comprehensive "guide" style OPs.

Honestly it should just be here’s some links to the good transformers fiction. Which obviously is like two things.

And a quick explanation on MP, CHUG, and hey everything else is on that tfwiki.

Asphyxious posted:

Too skinny and backpack heavy. I’m happy with MP 10. God solid boi

Same but I’m also not into these animation style paint jobs they’re doing. So I feel like MP is just going away from what I want.

Oh well, I’m liking the third party legends stuff lately.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 23, 2018

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Not really interested in a new MP Optimus but if he uses the same awesome joints and ratchets and things that recent MPs have (Sunstreaker & Megatron for example), it'll be tempting!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh good they’re not keeping the Bee radio voice gimmick. Also... Grimlock? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na1JlSHQxoc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love it when toys you forgot you ordered arrive!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh good they’re not keeping the Bee radio voice gimmick. Also... Grimlock? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na1JlSHQxoc

It looks like they are keeping it, though. Those were either backstory scenes or apparently dives into his memory. Mute Bumblebee is garbage. Thanks Michael Bay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last show didn't have him as mute.

So I bought a 2-pack of the OS Make Toys Protectobots from Terry Wong. I specified and was charged for the loose, boxless option to save money ($58 vs $65) and he sent me boxed versions anyways. So I emailed him to let him know and he's like "My friend, for your honestly I would like to extend a 10% discount on your next order."

So that was nice. Also if they get their hands on Quantron I will buy the poo poo out of an OS version.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 23, 2018

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
According to the cast list, that's someone doing a terrifyingly good impression of Peter Cullen as OP

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

According to the cast list, that's someone doing a terrifyingly good impression of Peter Cullen as OP

Computers can make anyone sound like anyone these days.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It looks like they are keeping it, though. Those were either backstory scenes or apparently dives into his memory. Mute Bumblebee is garbage. Thanks Michael Bay.

The radio thing was Steven Spielberg’s idea.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It looks like something that's not very watchable for an adult regardless. Hope kids like it.
I am a little curious about what exactly it will be adapting and how it will portray the leading mythology, and I suspect whatever it will have is what we can expect from the IDW reboot because Hasbro wants everything to be the same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think it's adapting anything. It's a dumber down basics show for kids.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
don't think it's adapting anything, but Hasbro has tried before to make an aligned continuity and I think now that IDW is rebooting they're probably going to have it and make cyberverse and new IDW have similar characters and backstory to ensure that someone into the cartoon will get into the comics when they get older.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Animated started dumb and ended up great. It could turn out good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Computers can make anyone sound like anyone these days.

I wish I could sound like G1 Soundwave.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I wish I could sound like G1 Soundwave.

I bet there's an app for it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, he looks.. small?

I would like to see it next to Megatron

But you know what gently caress off with that backpack are you serious?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Toon.

Accuracy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Animated started dumb and ended up great. It could turn out good.

Same with RiD, but it just kept falling flat on it's face instead of reaching that awesome point.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like at this point, you'd have been better off just replacing the limbs on MP10, maybe touch up the crotch, get a different head and then paint it more cartoon accurate colors.

Because that just looks atrocious with all of its panel lines and that loving backpack

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Grey resin really makes panel lines stand out, you won't notice them nearly as much when he's molded in red and blue plastic

Doesnt help the backpack though

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That backpack does give me pause, but only really because it seems to stick up above the plateau of his shoulder line.

If integrated electronics are to blame, that super sucks, because I deffo do not want JP!G1 voices in my Peter Cullen Action Figure.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, he looks.. small?

He does appear to be smaller than BW Megs.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Anora posted:

Same with RiD, but it just kept falling flat on it's face instead of reaching that awesome point.
The end of season 1 almost reached that point but overshot too hard into them fighting one of the thirteen Primes and it was just kind of silly.

Then it never really delivered on the big reason Optimus Prime had to come back from the dead. Like if I was him I'd have been all "some Decepticons are mind-controling the planet? Eh, Imma go back to sleep. Wake me if Unicron unfucks himself".

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Thew's TFNation wrap-up:
https://youtu.be/eUZ691lGszU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

I watched this at lunch earlier today. I really need to make it over the pond for a TFNation one of these days.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I really need to make it over the even smaller pond. It's just an hour away from me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, I assume there won't be a Chicago TFCon next year, so TFNation would be my main event for the year. I'd be more than happy to see y'all there. :toot: :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
What makes your say that? The inevitable collapse of the United States?