Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Old AC combat was repetitive but at least it looked good, at least the first few times. You got that your character was a badass. Now it's just waving a sword without connecting, forever.

Anyways we're in for at least 2 years of Greek ugly codex-free action-RPG, so brace you are selves: https://facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/photos/a.428438903923691/1524415814325989/?type=3&source=57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wow, we turned on this game fast and it’s not even out yet

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Eurogamer: Assassin's Creed will take a year off in 2019 - No big new game or spin-off due

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

hey, they've learned their lesson!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The way that is worded makes me expect an Assassin's Creed 3 remaster next year.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wow, we turned on this game fast and it’s not even out yet

Just people that don't like the combat.
It's pretty inoffensive to me, the only fights that ever lasted more than a minute were boss fights and phylakes.

Everyone else went down in a pretty reasonable amount of time, I like combat requiring more involvement from the player besides timing counters and poo poo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I turn off the numbers because that takes me out of the whole 'interacting with history' thing

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I’m going to play hundreds of hours of odyssey so a year off it fine, they better come back with AC Feudal Japan built on the Odyssey rpg framework

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I’m deffo gonna take damage numbers off because seeing crits for 40k does nothing for me in this setting.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kuiperdolin posted:

Old AC combat was repetitive but at least it looked good, at least the first few times. You got that your character was a badass. Now it's just waving a sword without connecting, forever.

Anyways we're in for at least 2 years of Greek ugly codex-free action-RPG, so brace you are selves: https://facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/photos/a.428438903923691/1524415814325989/?type=3&source=57

what are your opinions on the modern day storyline? do you want to see more of the desmond saga?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I turn off the numbers because that takes me out of the whole 'interacting with history' thing

yeah that looks pretty dumb
otherwise, this might be the first time I by an AC game

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Scott Forstall posted:

I’m going to play hundreds of hours of odyssey so a year off it fine, they better come back with AC Feudal Japan built on the Odyssey rpg framework

And it's called Ghosts of Tsushima

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm glad. Both because that probably means the 2020 game will be better than it would be if they rushed it, and because I still feel kind of burned out on Origins (despite loving it) because of how huge it was, but this gives me more time to get over that (and likely to burn out on Odyssey) before I have to worry about another game. 'I have too many games to play' may be the dumbest problem to have, but series fatigue is real.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hiddenriverninja posted:

Um, no, I totally learned in history class that Brutus scored a crit on Caesar. Similarly, Jesus had really high DR and crucifixion was only doing chip damage, that's why it took so long.

Get some knowledge, scrub.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We should all be glad numbers don’t pop out of people IRL when you hit them lest our entire society become a bunch of murderous psychopaths.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

underage at the vape shop posted:

what are your opinions on the modern day storyline? do you want to see more of the desmond saga?

guys do we tell him?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

They already did that with Syndicate -> Origin, I was kinda surprised they did Odyssey only one year later (actually I just wanted Watch Dogs 3).

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Deakul posted:

guys do we tell him?

i do not want to see more of that garbage for the record

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Um, no, I totally learned in history class that Brutus scored a crit on Caesar. Similarly, Jesus had really high DR and crucifixion was only doing chip damage, that's why it took so long.

Get some knowledge, scrub.

Sneak attack and flank damage is op

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hiddenriverninja posted:

well yeah. they are sort doing the activision route. have two games in production at once and give them one year off to build hype and give more dev time for both, then dump 2 games in a row.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

exquisite tea posted:

We should all be glad numbers don’t pop out of people IRL when you hit them lest our entire society become a bunch of murderous psychopaths.

someone doesn't know how to open the settings menu IRL

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

more snakes in dark corners :cry:

This is how the library of alexandria burned down; I saw a rope in the corner.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

imagine if the snakes actually moved and chased you

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

underage at the vape shop posted:

It was pretty good as videogame plots go. Assassins as creepy Unabomber cult are way more interesting than Assasins as off-brand #theResistance talking in hashtags.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

imagine if the snakes actually moved and chased you

snakes don't chase people. thats a myth. :grin:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Probably won't end up playing this game until next year at the earliest anyway so the series taking a year off is fine by me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lambert posted:

The way that is worded makes me expect an Assassin's Creed 3 remaster next year.

I'd be ok with trying to make 3 better

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lambert posted:

id be ok a complete remake of 1.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'd be okay with them throwing it all out and doing a reboot that cans the stupid Animus poo poo.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'd play an AC 1 remake if they made the cutscenes/modern day poo poo skippable and gave it brotherhood's combat mechanics. That'd own

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'd play an AC 1 remake if they made the cutscenes/modern day poo poo skippable and gave it brotherhood's combat mechanics. That'd own

id love it if they expanded it more. added more quests, made the world alive, etc.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Or just gave Altair a personality.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They’d have to rework 3 from the bottom up if they expect to remake it and have it actually sell

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I too would give AC1 a shot if they changed everything about it, yes

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fuzz posted:

I'd be okay with them throwing it all out and doing a reboot that cans the stupid Animus poo poo.

their most rabid fans absolutely love the animus poo poo, take a look at r/assassins creed.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fuzz posted:

This. The historic settings are what's special about AC, not the framing device or their stupid lore about magic apples or something.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I want the map design to go back to the AC3/Black Sails/Rogue balance of '2-3 big, detailed urban areas you do lots of stuff in, plus some wilderness environments to play about in'.

Syndicate felt a bit too confined, but Origins doesn't have a city worth the name and so you can't get that parkour-from-rooftop-to-rooftop chase experience that's the best unique bit of AC as far as I'm concerned.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this is probably something most people don’t care about, but one thing that has bothered me about most of the recent assassins creed games is that it’s hard to feel like a badass stealthy assassin who blends into the crowd while walking around covered in weapons. I wish things like throwing knives, daggers, etc were at least options. Syndicate was kind of a return to form in that respect, and I was sad to see that it’s pretty much inevitable that your character in origins is walking around with two bows a shield a sword and a two handed weapon while parkouring all over the place.

also from syndicate, pulling up your hood when you go into sneak mode was brilliant and idk why that didn’t carry over into origins

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

this is probably something most people don’t care about, but one thing that has bothered me about most of the recent assassins creed games is that it’s hard to feel like a badass stealthy assassin who blends into the crowd while walking around covered in weapons. I wish things like throwing knives, daggers, etc were at least options. Syndicate was kind of a return to form in that respect, and I was sad to see that it’s pretty much inevitable that your character in origins is walking around with two bows a shield a sword and a two handed weapon while parkouring all over the place.

also from syndicate, pulling up your hood when you go into sneak mode was brilliant and idk why that didn’t carry over into origins

Blending in wasn't even a thing in Origins, which was kinda a bummer. I really liked the social stealth type stuff and honestly wish the games had gone more in the Hitman direction than straight 3rd person parkour combat murder sim, but I'm probably in the minority with that opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Because people had been clamoring for a proper hood toggle option. We would have all been better satisfied if there was an in-game hotkey that made Bayek/Aya just flip that sucker on or off but SADLY that wasn't the case.