Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

Every demiurge presumably has a different kind of immortality. Mottom's is repeated bodily rejuvenation, Mammon's is just being loving old. Solomon David maybe magic-clones himself and demotes his aging predecessor to the council.

It's nothing so complicated, just absolute mastery of the twin disciplines of Lookin' Good and Feelin' Fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think he just lives forever by having an extremely strict training regimen and diet, and being an immortal kung fu wizard king.

He has mastered the Exquisite Art of the Clean Bulk.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"there is nothing beyond my control" he said existing in a state of blissful arrogance of the potential of a drunk moron with a God Key in her forehead

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Dude's a level 20 monk straight from 3.5e. He also happens to be controlled by a typical 3.5e roleplayer.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cant wait for allison to completely destroy solomon davids delicate balancing act of empire by flying horizontally in through his wall pursued by a giant baby

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paranoid randroid posted:

cant wait for allison to completely destroy solomon davids delicate balancing act of empire by flying horizontally in through his wall pursued by a giant baby

Delicate balancing acts are for people without gigantic secret police forces (and also gigantic police forces that aren't secret.)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Allison’s modus operandi is to rapidly do so many stupid audacious things that should get her killed that the consequences trip over each other before they fully catch up to her.

Though to be fair some of the earliest examples were White Chain or Cio coming up with the plan so it’s a shared trait of their whole crew.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Solomon David probably has some kind of kung fu breathing atum bullshit going on.

I'm pretty sure Abaddon has said this.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Allison’s modus operandi is to rapidly do so many stupid audacious things that should get her killed that the consequences trip over each other before they fully catch up to her.

Though to be fair some of the earliest examples were White Chain or Cio coming up with the plan so it’s a shared trait of their whole crew.

The Trump Method™

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I feel like his ideas on succession are the following:
"If I die, gently caress the empire, burn my throne and then burn Throne."

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, and obviously his successor is whomever defeats him in the martial arts tournament.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kill Six Billion Demons: Exeunt, pursued by a giant baby

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

nimby posted:

I feel like his ideas on succession are the following:
"If I die, gently caress the empire, burn my throne and then burn Throne."

I mean defacto if he falls in battle there is no matter of succession because his empire no longer exists and is either divided up or just another battle ground in the omniversial war his death would be part of.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm going to imagine all of Solomon David's lines in Keith David's voice when played Vhailor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4KHIFUeBQ

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

pseudorandom name posted:

Oh, and obviously his successor is whomever defeats him in the martial arts tournament.

emptyquote that right here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Delicate balancing acts are for people without gigantic secret police forces (and also gigantic police forces that aren't secret.)

very few secret-slash-not-so-secret police states are prepared for a hapless godhead pursued by giant babies

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Things That the Fantasy KGB is Prepared for: dissident cells doing a subversive propaganda campaign where they stick up a bunch of posters in the lower slums advocating for not trusting the police

Things That the Fantasy KGB is Not Prepared For: a barista crashing in through the palace walls hollering "im drunk as gently caress and have no idea whats going on!" pursued in short order by a senile dragon, a retired demiurge-turned-noodle-vendor, and Grammaw Om turning everything into topiary in a screaming rage

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Allison-The-Demiurge would bypass ageing by looking in a mirror and telling her wrinkles to gently caress off, and they would.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Allison’s modus operandi is to rapidly do so many stupid audacious things that should get her killed that the consequences trip over each other fight each other and a bunch of rowdy boys

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Things That the Fantasy KGB is Prepared for: dissident cells doing a subversive propaganda campaign where they stick up a bunch of posters in the lower slums advocating for not trusting the police

Things That the Fantasy KGB is Not Prepared For: a barista crashing in through the palace walls hollering "im drunk as gently caress and have no idea whats going on!" pursued in short order by a senile dragon, a retired demiurge-turned-noodle-vendor, and Grammaw Om turning everything into topiary in a screaming rage

The dragon is being followed by a horde of bondage monks and nuns screaming how "IT WAS A PEACEFUL PLACE BEFORE YOU WRECKED IT YOU BITCH"

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Solomon-David's immortality is that he's so fuckin' smug that the reaper is all "hell no, not that insufferable prick, not today. I'll pick him up tomorrow when I'm ready for his bullshit." The reaper had said the same thing every morning of this kalpa.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

rndmnmbr posted:

Solomon-David's immortality is that he's so fuckin' smug that the reaper is all "hell no, not that insufferable prick, not today. I'll pick him up tomorrow when I'm ready for his bullshit." The reaper had said the same thing every morning of this kalpa.

I hope Solomon David stays a ball of overconfident smug right up to the moment his empire spontaneously dissolves into sugar cubes or something because his cultured temples get caught in the crossfire of open divine warfare.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when we see the rest of solomon david behind the one weve seen so far its going to be an incredible page

unrelatedly, i imagine that his empire is one that doesnt have secret police, just covert police duties

e: oh right

Phy posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons: Exeunt, pursued by a giant baby

mods please rename thread

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

What Solomon David is prepared to suppress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8

What Solomon David is getting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SywExJR4lrI

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think he just lives forever by having an extremely strict training regimen and diet, and being an immortal kung fu wizard king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXRk69a7-c

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think his succession plan is one of those things that's always left up in the air and uncertain, so that Solomon can use it as another lever of control amongst his closest advisors and confidants. Often IRL this blows up in the Monarchs face (as I'm sure it will here as well), but the calculus on that is a bit different when you're also an immortal godking.

I also hope Solomon never breaks his smugness kayfabe. Even with his dying breath and his empire collapsing around him, he'll collapse with the smuggest grin yet and whisper "all according to kekaku*" into the winds.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

pseudorandom name posted:

This, or a variation of it, was instantly what I thought about.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

We're reaching dangerous levels of smug already, and it's not even the third page of the book

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

solomon has fifty sons and they are all disappointments

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Solomon is the worst dad

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i mean he lets his kids be co-rulers of a seventh of Creation. that's a pretty cool dad

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A realm overrun by large adult sons

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Kingdom of the neck beards.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

and not one fedora between them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Absolute empire. In awe at the size of this realm.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Every time I see Solomon David, I get the urge to reinstall Civilization and have an all-nighter.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I know it is actually a term for the hypothetical chief deity of the proto-indo-europeans, but "deus-pater" sounds a lot like a variation on "deez-nuts"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Reene posted:

solomon has fifty sons and they are all disappointments

Winning the kung fu Tournament actually gets you adopted

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
solo dave

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

thechosenone posted:

I know it is actually a term for the hypothetical chief deity of the proto-indo-europeans, but "deus-pater" sounds a lot like a variation on "deez-nuts"
Is the mafia Godfather vibe I'm getting intentional too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So in this chapter we smash the literal patriarchy huh

I’m down