Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

nerdz posted:

Yep, that's right. 3 staple mods, riven, two 90% status mods (primed heated charge in my case), and the last two are the crit mods for damage and chance, also primed. Of course, non primed work just as well. I wonder what could work without a riven. The argon scope equivalent for secondaries would probably be a good one and very synergistic.

About fire rate, I did a test by absolutely maxing out the fire rate on it (all fire rate mods, dual fire rate arcanes) and only using lethal torrent with a turbo macro and the results were strinkingly similar. I'm pretty sure the fire rate is capped to prevent people from exploiting the infinite ammo mechanic.

Good to know, thanks. I'll get working on this... will have a good reason to activate that Twitch Prime booster now, and just run onslaughts until it's forma'd.

Edit:

Build towards something like this

:getin:

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Kyrosiris posted:

Trying to control Titania with 4 stacks of Razorwing Blitz is the most hilarious thing I've done in this game.

She's like a supersonic fighter jet.

Yeah imo she's only really playable on Plains if you are maintaining 4 stacks. I usually go 1-2 if trying to play her indoors. Slamming face first into every wall and edge at the slightest push of a button is funny at first until you realize you're taking damage from it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Is there a pistol similar to a magnum or a desert eagle in game? Some of the pistols have high damage but they go pop-pop or pew-pew instead of BOOM.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Is there a pistol similar to a magnum or a desert eagle in game? Some of the pistols have high damage but they go pop-pop or pew-pew instead of BOOM.

Lex Prime

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What's the best general use elemental combo these days? still corrosive?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The (Ak)Lex and it's primes are the deagles you want, crazy high power and recoil.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

In addition to the Lex and its variants, there's also the Marelok, Magnus, and Euphona Prime.

CODChimera posted:

What's the best general use elemental combo these days? still corrosive?

Pretty much, though the other elements certainly have their place. Viral pairs very well with guns that produce tons of slash procs, for example.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 23, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Trying to control Titania with 4 stacks of Razorwing Blitz is the most hilarious thing I've done in this game.

She's like a supersonic fighter jet.

That's when you start mashing E and let the autolock-on do the work for you.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Where is the best place to farm alloy plates so I can get a drat cat?! Why do cats need 120 thousand goddamn alloy plates?!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Dravs posted:

Where is the best place to farm alloy plates so I can get a drat cat?! Why do cats need 120 thousand goddamn alloy plates?!

I can only assume it’s to catproof your ship’s wiring

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
They are also used by Ordis in ancient Orokin upholstery rituals to scratch-proof the furniture.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

That's when you start mashing E and let the autolock-on do the work for you.

Is that the melee button?

On consoles it lock on enemies that are not on the screen (behind the eye). It seems to target enemies based on distance, with a generous range, and a bit of a teleportation effect.

Is not OP, relatively to the dixie guns. At least mine. My dixie guns burn through mobs fast, where the melee is only a suggestion to die.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Marelok is also a lever action sidearm, and shooting it with lethal torrent equipped looks amazing.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Let me renew my love for Saryn.

Saryn is my "I can do" frame. If you invite me to a mission where the mobs will be level 4200 and all of them eximus, I will go with Saryn, and wipe the map multiple times.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Tei posted:

Let me renew my love for Saryn.

Saryn is my "I can do" frame. If you invite me to a mission where the mobs will be level 4200 and all of them eximus, I will go with Saryn, and wipe the map multiple times.

I've been playing Saryn less often these days out of concern for my squad mates who probably want a chance to shoot something, but Toxic Lash on a Viral\Hunter Munitions Ignis is the fastest way to clear a +shields sortie when you're in a hurry and can't be bothered to worry about other people's feelings.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DE: Saryn needs some work? Let's make already good frame into a godlike frame.
Also DE: Vauban needs some work you say? Lol, let's nerf him some more.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I just crafted a Vauban from random drops, I guess he just kind of happened, wasn't farming for him at all. I tried him out and he just seems really wonky.

Like I don't understand why they don't just drop his 2nd ability entirely?! It seems pointless and they should just cook some of it into his 1 ability. His bastille seems *ok*, however for a class that seems to be about locking down an area it just does what other classes can already do, but worse? I guess it synergises with his passive at least?

His top ability is ok I guess, but really that should be his 3rd ability and they should make his top ability into a stationary turret with a duration. At least then he could feel like a tower defence frame?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I made a big post about Vauban some pages back. But basically yes, he's got two good moves which is pretty common and while he use to be amazing and frequently played he has since been over shadowed by other CC, and damage frames having their kill power amped up.

His kit is wonky and needs a rework and DE both admitted that they were working with no good ideas, and put that on display when they buffed his tesla grenade in a manner that was actually a nerf. His 1 and 2 should be rolled into each other, all the individual gadgets should be beefed up a little bit but mostly in terms of actual utility and not damage. His kit needs more synergy, both with itself and with other players. His 3 and 4 are good but fairly similar. Make Bastille collapse in to Vortex, mix his 1 in with his 2 and make all that crap good to use in scaling content, and give him two brand new skills that help everything synergize. Something, something to make Vauban more fun and interesting to play. He doesn't need damage, though having moderate damage on tesla or some deployable turret could be alright. What he needs more is more variety in his utility. Let him trip up, eat armor, confuse, and disarm people, let him turn off shields, let Bastille grant allies bonus damage or some bonus. Make Vauban a big synergistic bag of tricks that is a little complicated to use but can always bring two or three tools to a fight that allow him to really trick up the enemy ranks, not just single dudes. Something to make him more than just Bastille or Vortex use on crowds.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Vauban is a punishment to the human aspect of hubris against the love of a cold but accepting god.

His abilites are abstract, sterile, and useless. His implementation is hollow. His Prime incarnation can be good, but suffers from scarcity and civility.

Vauban is but a metaphor for man, dumped unwantedly into this world to reach 30, realise he's worthless and contributes nothing (unless he's gold-plated) then either continue to be ineffective or to die to be replaced by a better frame.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vauban is like a soldier with a WW1 weapon in the vietnam war.

I use to be Vauban main, but I dont need it back. Is was good back them, but now the game is so much better, with so much better frames. I would not mind if they do a full redesign and they turn it into a fun frame, but they will have to be a very deep change to me to "want" to play with that frame again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Give Vauban to Pablo.
He's the only one who can perform the miracle of saving him.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, the sacrifice was neat, got me a fancy new frame, new sword and new mods.

I guess that since Excalibur Umbra remains active while in spoiler mode and takes damage while in it, it's not as good for eidolon hunts?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I really like the new sword on ash with fatal teleport :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SIGSEGV posted:

I guess that since Excalibur Umbra remains active while in spoiler mode and takes damage while in it, it's not as good for eidolon hunts?
It's not, but that has more to do with the fact that Excal isn't really suited to eidolon hunts in general rather than anything specific to Umbra.

Truga posted:

I really like the new sword on ash with fatal teleport :v:
It also pops on Blade Storm.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

* digs into technology from the ancients artifacts *

One solution to Vauban, is to make so when two turrets are next to each other, they shot has one, with double damage, double range and faster firerate and a life-leech effect where they increase their lifespawn by stealing life from nearby mobs.

Something to turn vauban into somebody that can create a giant laser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aE6EsDkWqk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Vauban should have anti-Nullifier powers.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Vauban should have anti-Nullifier powers.

Turn nullifier bubbles into a field that strips shields from enemies instead. Copyrighted idea please pay me DE do not steal

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
Vauban's bouncy castle grenades should work on Eidolons.

There, fixed him.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

It's not, but that has more to do with the fact that Excal isn't really suited to eidolon hunts in general rather than anything specific to Umbra.

How dreadful, I'm going to have to use the loadout system, it's not quite as instinctive and fast as I'd like, but it does the job.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Here is a list of good single shot pistols:

• Lex Prime has the damage and the punchy sound. Aklex Prime is the dual wield version.
  • Vaykor Marelok has radial damage proc that also heals you. The animation is neat. The design is either you're fine with it or you hate it.
  • Vasto Prime has decent damage and looks baller. Other than that it's not remarkable.
  • Pandero is the only pistol you can fan to rapidly shoot out all the bullets in the clip. It also sounds pretty punchy. It takes a stupid amount of cryotic to build though.
  • Euphona Prime is not a pistol. It's a handcannon. Stupid crazy damage. But the projectile is not hitscan so it's bad for sniping in the Plains. Its secondary fire is meh.
  • Knell is specialized for headshots if you have good aim where it can give infinite ammo for headshots.
  • Dual Toxocyst is similar to that, where headshots also give fire rate and damage buff.
  • Arca Scisso is a laser sniper pistol. So it's less "boom" and more "pew pew".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

#DUMB VAUBAN FIX 0808381

Vauban deploy a chess board on the floor, and can deploy chess pieces. The chess pieces move following the rules of the game.

#DUMB VAUBAN FIX 0808382

Vauban turns into hacker mode, can use a hacking minigame to "hack" enemies and objects. Vauban in hacker mode is invulnerable, sort of like limbo, but have to fight a special type of enemie that only are visible in this mode "specters". when vauban dies, enters "hacker mode".

#DUMB VAUBAN FIX 0808383

Vauban can drop a clone of itself with T-pose pose. These clones take a lot of damage to be broken, acting as defensive walls.

#DUMB VAUBAN FIX 0808384

Vauban can summon a large hammer. This hammer deals extra damage, gains more power with kills.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A frame that can hack enemies via the normal hacking minigame would actually loving rule.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Vauban looks like a dude in a suit, moreso than the other meat puppets. He's the Engineer frame right? Just make him like Engie or Torb, lots of turrets and bombs and poo poo, play off the aesthetic that he's just some shithead with a wrench instead of an anime powered by a forsaken child.

Hell make his 4 summon the Arkham Knight version of the Batmobile, chaingun and all.

And add friendly fire for running over your teamates because apparently this guy was the OG shitlord frame and dammit, we should respect history.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 23, 2018

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Tei posted:

#DUMBAWESOME VAUBAN FIX 0808384

Vauban can summon a large hammer. This hammer deals extra damage, gains more power with kills.

i would main vauban so hard if he could turn into thor

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

Tei posted:

Vauban can drop a clone of itself with T-pose pose. These clones take a lot of damage to be broken, acting as defensive walls.

I mean, I would unironically love a weird meta frame that exploited 'glitches,' in Warframe, with a thematic skillset that reflected the layers code in Warframe being a wonderful unknowable mess. I don't know how well that would synchronise with the lore.

It's 4 ability would just be called, "It's not a bug it's a feature," and it would make you fall through the ground. And fall forever.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

A frame that can hack enemies via the normal hacking minigame would actually loving rule.

E.Y.E. has this feature, and it indeed awesome.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 23, 2018

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Vauban is the engineer frame. We just got the dojo update with all the parts and seems like there are people who enjoy building poo poo. Just rework his powers into building poo poo, different combos to create different effects, turrets and walls and poo poo. Let him make a bunker and barbed wire fence and electric fence and trip wires for auto turrets or mortars or gas bombs.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

FunkyFjord posted:

His 3 and 4 are good but fairly similar. Make Bastille collapse in to Vortex, mix his 1 in with his 2 and make all that crap good to use in scaling content, and give him two brand new skills that help everything synergize. Something, something to make Vauban more fun and interesting to play. He doesn't need damage, though having moderate damage on tesla or some deployable turret could be alright. What he needs more is more variety in his utility. Let him trip up, eat armor, confuse, and disarm people, let him turn off shields, let Bastille grant allies bonus damage or some bonus. Make Vauban a big synergistic bag of tricks that is a little complicated to use but can always bring two or three tools to a fight that allow him to really trick up the enemy ranks, not just single dudes. Something to make him more than just Bastille or Vortex use on crowds.

If it was me, I'd get rid of Bastille all together (other frames do this better). Make vortex a longer range but still free-to-act version of larva (i.e., kinda how hostile grenades pull tenno in index). Players can then use aoe weapons to burn down the now tightly-grouped mobs.

New 4? Maybe a fortress that gives warframes cover. Implement as an aoe damage resist. Synergy with 3 in that you can 'tonkor' the grouped mobs from relative safety. (too close to Frost?)

2 should add a minesweeper ability. Synergy with 4 by keeping the area safe from ospreys.

several edits.

And more edits: 2 teleports others to vauban's location, preferably non-LOS. Useful for end of mission, but too many troll opportunities?

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 23, 2018

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
When building primary rifles, be mindful about leaving a D polarity in or knowing that you may polarize to a D at some point. Primed Cryo Rounds should be a staple in most rifle builds because it's essentially a best in slot mod for most guns. Many youtubers and Internet builders overlook it, so be mindful of this when following a build someone has posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

gaj70 posted:

If it was me, I'd get rid of Bastille all together (other frames do this better). Make vortex a longer range but still free-to-act version of larva (i.e., kinda how hostile grenades pull tenno in index). Players can then use aoe weapons to burn down the now tightly-grouped mobs.

New 4? Maybe a fortress that gives warframes cover. Implement as an aoe version of Turbulence. Synergy with 3 in that you can 'tonkor' the grouped mobs from relative safety.

The first time I played Vauban I was surprised the size of the "turrets". The previus game I played with turrets and engineer was QuakeWorld, so I was comparing them with TeamFortress turrets.

A graphic upgrade could be to render them has more a 3D hologram kind of thing. Floating pixels forming a sphere or something like that. So you not only kill monsters good, but you do it with style.

In a way Gara is Vauban 6.0 or 7.0. As you literally do the thing, you build a wall. The gara wall is even a physical thing in the game world that you can use to climb.. but is only solid when is in your benefict, but is pass trough in all directions everywhere else. So great.

Frost is Vauban 2.0, and Khora is Vauban 3.11. Limbo is Linux KDE.