Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

no see it’s networking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

i kinda wish they did tbh. like i know that a lot of idiots would get loving irate about it and demand their money back because how dare you give your employees healthcare but still i'd like to think a lot more people would see it and go "wait all this bullshit was over a price increase of ten cents?"

have you ever met a boomer?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wow, another stellar graphic from white rich america's Paper of Record

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

i kinda wish they did tbh. like i know that a lot of idiots would get loving irate about it and demand their money back because how dare you give your employees healthcare but still i'd like to think a lot more people would see it and go "wait all this bullshit was over a price increase of ten cents?"

yeah honestly I'd feel pretty good knowing that for an insanely low price I'm improving the lives of other people

put a line item on each receipt for executive bonuses, or marketing, or sponsorships....

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

That doesn't say "The New York Times" though?

:confused:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
but that will just tell them how great the deserving owner is, unlike that thieving Obamacare TAX!

TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

How much did I pay in taxes last year? Almost all my income! No I don’t know how much or how to actually do taxes. If you add in how much I paid in gas tax and property tax and sales tax and secret tax especially, I paid so much in taxes I can only afford 10 parts for my vintage car restoration this month

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just love the whole "I'm a good person who cares about my community and I'm praying for you all please ignore the massive racism behind the curtain" act
this website is the rich person equivalent of a guy whose wife kicks him out for being a crazy rear end in a top hat so he covers his van with insane rants about her

qirex fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 23, 2018

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:911:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

President Beep posted:

i like how 25 hours of that is what everyone else has to do on top of their 40-60 hour workweek.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
public appearances?! the horror.

oh poo poo we're down to only 28 hours.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

“business” meals

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

so many undocumented jobs created by our valorous and generous rich people :911:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Achmed Jones posted:

“business” meals

expensed, of course.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

lancemantis posted:

but that will just tell them how great the deserving owner is, unlike that thieving Obamacare TAX!

TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

How much did I pay in taxes last year? Almost all my income! No I don’t know how much or how to actually do taxes. If you add in how much I paid in gas tax and property tax and sales tax and secret tax especially, I paid so much in taxes I can only afford 10 parts for my vintage car restoration this month

did you know that taxing income depresses total pretax income? no? then you're less dumb than most people who took econ 101

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

qirex posted:

this website is the rich person equivalent of a guy whose wife kicks him out for being a crazy rear end in a top hat so he covers his van with insane rants about her

now you've got me wondering if Alex Jones ever did any rants about his ex wife on his dumbass show but I'm perfectly happy that I can't find the videos to check. unironic thanks YouTube

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/becbecliuliu/status/1032595313918455809

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Elon Shrugged

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's not chemistry if you call it "rearranging atoms" :downs:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

All these things will happen but the techbro doesn't realize he will be one of those people who can't afford any of it and die in the mad max hellscape.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

poemdexter posted:

All these things will happen but the techbro doesn't realize he will be one of those people who can't afford any of it and die in the mad max hellscape.

uh im pretty sure they're gonna need react programmers in space :smug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
elon musk :colbert:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

it's not chemistry if you call it "rearranging atoms" :downs:

im a spaceship engineer.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

ADINSX posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

have some old tech bubel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5jZ-ZsWfCQ

bonus:

Wikipedia posted:

Michael Strangelove is a lecturer in the Department of Communication at the University of Ottawa. His two main works are Watching YouTube: Extraordinary Videos by Ordinary People (University of Toronto Press)[1] and The Empire of Mind: Digital Piracy and the Anti-Capitalist Movement (University of Toronto Press, 2005), which was nominated for a Governor General's Award for English non-fiction in 2006.

great pic mike :allears:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

or How I learned to Stop Worrying About The Barest Semblance of Dignity

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

exercise and personal appointments, that classic part of the workweek we all know and love

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"getting high and watching tv" - 14 hours of a ceo's workweek.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

God i love that loving chart, i just can't get enough

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im onboard with Anti-Papa Papa John

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

im the 2 hour phone call with the divorce attorney

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Munkeymon posted:

did you know that taxing income depresses total pretax income? no? then you're less dumb than most people who took econ 101

if the only reason to tax something is to discourage it as an activity, then why do we tax income smarty pants

ADINSX posted:

ships have reactors dont they? i dont see the problem here

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

duz posted:

if the only reason to tax something is to discourage it as an activity, then why do we tax income smarty pants

because we haven't embraced modern monetary theory... yet ;)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

my bitter bi rival posted:

im onboard with Anti-Papa Papa John

I'm down with antipa

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Snapchat: not a cult?

Nobody Trusts Facebook. Twitter Is a Hot Mess. What Is Snapchat Doing? posted:

On the second floor of the new headquarters of Snap Inc. in Santa Monica, Calif., is a room dedicated to helping employees open up. It’s round and lined with potted plants. “Speak from the heart,” reads a framed sign on the wall. “Listen from the heart.” Employees show up in groups of about a dozen, sit cross-legged on black cushions, and take turns with the “talking piece,” a heart-shaped purple geode that gives the bearer the right to confidentially share deep thoughts.

This is the inner sanctum for what Snap calls “Council,” a sort of New Age corporate retreat that uses a technique Chief Executive Officer Evan Spiegel learned in childhood. It was also where I found myself on a Friday morning in July. Council meetings, I’d been told by the company’s communications chief, are “sacred.” They’re also a real-life example of what Spiegel wants people to do with his smartphone app, Snapchat: share intimately, without fear of judgment from the outside world.

Note that Spiegel is 28 years old.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I interviewed at snap and decided not to pursue it further and I'm happier about that every day

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I can't believe you didn't jump on the opportunity to work for the premiere sexting and MLM advert scheme app

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Spiegels parents made him go to a 7 Habits seminar as a child?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I can't believe you didn't jump on the opportunity to work for the premiere sexting and MLM advert scheme app

that plus the feature-not-a-product thing applies just as much to Snapchat as it does to Dropbox

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he’s a huge vocal fan of burning man and attends every single year gently caress all the way off with “he doesn’t take vacations”
y'all think musk regrets firing MBB yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

lancemantis posted:

Spiegels parents made him go to a 7 Habits seminar as a child?

beats EST