Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
now im thinking about when they're trying to bring down a helicopter so mista busts a few rounds at it while giorno turns the bullets into vines to gently caress up the blades.

araki tableing the idea to make hol horse switch sides in part 3 and turning those ideas into Mista is maybe the smartest writing move in Part 5 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Narancia terrifying the gently caress out of Squalo and Tiziano

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Giorno describing his condition to Cioccolata before he beats him down into a garbage truck. The anime better spend good time on the beatdown to reflect on the manga having four full page spreads of it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Giorno describing his condition to Cioccolata before he beats him down into a garbage truck. The anime better spend good time on the beatdown to reflect on the manga having four full page spreads of it.

This and the phone calls

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also piss being stored in the teeth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna prove how cool I am to these guys by drinking piss and storing it in my tooth - a really cool guy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

frog phone

also ice cream phone

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Talking Head fight is gonna be great to see in anime form.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6u2a6cRJk

I'm extremely hyped for Chariot Requiem (more specifically, King of Kings).

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I hope Giorno has one yellowed tooth that's visible everytime he opens his mouth.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just remembered, the Metallica fight is gonna be sick animated.

I wonder how they are going handle the Stand reveal in the TV broadcast, can they show a severed foot?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They'll just put a black on the end like they did with the hands in DiU.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

frog phone

also ice cream phone

Its these. People are gonna be so goddamn confused about Doppio and its gonna kick so much rear end

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It sucks that VA is licensed because now we won’t get Vento Aureo Blazed subs

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I also wanna see if they put their version of Captain Tsubasa on the tv

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gyWfhMlcg

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moody Blues is high up on the list of stands i want IRL

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't know if i've ever wanted chronological rebroadcasting in my life

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
If I could choose a stand I'd probably pick Hey Ya! or Paisley Park. Those seem like the most useful in everyday situations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
easily crazy diamond. always crazy diamond

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The best Doppio phone is the kids toy phone, imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Killer Queen so I could tell people my name and get to go back to bed again

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'd pick Pearl Jam as a Stand. A Stand that allows you to heal potentially any disease known to man simply by feeding people. You could easily make millions off of that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

Yea Crazy Diamond is number one but being able to see with your own eyes what actually happened in any of the tiny mysteries you come across in life puts Moody Blues comfortably in the like 3-5 range for me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

I'd pick Pearl Jam as a Stand. A Stand that allows you to heal potentially any disease known to man simply by feeding people. You could easily make millions off of that.

Gold Experience for the same reason

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’d pick Heaven’s Door. The ability to know pretty much anything you want about a person and affect them however you want via writing in notes is incredibly useful. Plus, I’m a nosy bastard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd just use Gold Experience to make animal friends constantly

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Harvest.

Just make loads of bank.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’d pick Heaven’s Door. The ability to know pretty much anything you want about a person and affect them however you want via writing in notes is incredibly useful. Plus, I’m a nosy bastard.
someone didn't read rohan at the louvre and see rohan's development where he decides not to use heaven's door on a distraught woman due to not having her consent to read her life's story,

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 23, 2018

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

someone didn't read rohan at the louvre and see rohan's development where her decides not to use heaven's door on a distraught woman due to not having her consent to read her life's story,

remember that one time when he starts telling Koichi all this sex-related stuff about Ghost Wife long after he realizes she's a completely normal girl (but not before he realizes she's a ghost)

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I know this is a dumb thing to complain about but I don't like the way crazy diamond looks. I don't like how the noseplate is a different material than the rest of the helmet and I don't get the point of the tubes coming out of his neck. It makes him look like a villain. I don't know maybe Crazy Diamond is made of parts of The World, but put together wrong.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Crazy Diamond is a good boy, and my friend.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Pomplamoose posted:

I know this is a dumb thing to complain about but I don't like the way crazy diamond looks. I don't like how the noseplate is a different material than the rest of the helmet and I don't get the point of the tubes coming out of his neck. It makes him look like a villain. I don't know maybe Crazy Diamond is made of parts of The World, but put together wrong.
the noseplate is a mask under the helmet, judging by how it cover it's eyes too. something like this

(I did not add the red square, this isn't a dig sorry)

the tubes just look cool and CD is honestly my fav Person Named JoJo stand design till Soft & Wet. It's heart motif, ability, and mostly pink tone all being born out of Josuke's sincerity and care for other people. The way it opposes Killer Queen who also has a largely pink color scheme with motif that also uses parts of the body to mean the exact opposite of Diamond, not to mention the obvious mirroring of ability.

Josuke vs Kira is honestly as iconic as Goku vs Frieza to me, more than Jotaro vs DIO. They're such strong mirrors of each other, Josuke's loud and flashy Yankii style but kind heart and Kira's respectable salaryman hiding the heart of a monster, while both sincerely loving the town of Morioh.

Part 4 is so good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 24, 2018

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

the noseplate is a mask under the helmet, judging by how it cover it's eyes too. something like this

(I did not add the red square, this isn't a dig sorry)

the tubes just look cool and CD is honestly my fav Person Named JoJo stand design till Soft & Wet. It's heart motif, ability, and mostly pink tone all being born out of Josuke's sincerity and care for other people. The way it opposes Killer Queen who also has a largely pink color scheme with motif that also uses parts of the body to mean the exact opposite of Diamond, not to mention the obvious mirroring of ability.

Josuke vs Kira is honestly as iconic as Goku vs Frieza to me, more than Jotaro vs DIO. They're such strong mirrors of each other, Josuke's loud and flashy Yankii style but kind heart and Kira's respectable salaryman hiding the heart of a monster, while both sincerely loving the town of Morioh.

Part 4 is so good.

I agree with everything you said except for the part about the tubes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it makes it look like a cool robot!!!!

But no that's just how Araki decided he looks main protag Stands to look, robotic and alien. You can see this in how Gold Experience and Stone Free get smaller and thinner and how Tusk starts as a flesh baby but becomes a robot that wears pants. And honestly? Glad he did. Star Platinum looks weirdly human now, so much so that I totally thought he was somehow related to Bruford from Part 1 on my first reading until a friend had to tell me that wasn't intentional

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Wow I’m getting flashbacks to 2010 and my first reading legit thinking Star Platinum was Bruford’s spirit coming back to help the Joestars too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love Tusk 4’s design and Stone Free

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
As far as design stuff goes, I stand by my stupid dumb theory that jotaro's chain was inspired by the design on clint eastwood's poncho from the dollar's trilogy

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

How long did Abbachio stand around waiting for Moody blues to rewind for Diavolos past? It couldnt have been more than an hour right? An hour for 20 years... you could see the truth behind a LOT of interesting stuff if you were willing to wait around.

Like, just imagine taking a 3 day vacation to some sort of historical landmark. Day one you drop Moody Blues down before you go to bed and by the time you wake up hed have rewound far enough to see what was going on in 1858. I could probably just watch that instead of TV.