Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

"I AM EXTREMELY UPSET THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING ME PAY ALIMONY."

That is a central tenet of MRA conservatism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I have a friend who post dumbshit about child support all the time. He doesn’t pay child support and is just mad because he has friends that have to even though they’re good fathers. You miss the whole fuckin point buddy.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Defenestration posted:

treat others how you want to be treated

I'm the person who proudly admits they want to hear people scream and drown because Fox told me to hate them.

Like holy poo poo, so many people hate Donald Trump but I've never even heard so much as an implication that it'd be hilarious for Melania to drown. Conservatives are dog poo poo.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Grimdude posted:

I'm the person who proudly admits they want to hear people scream and drown because Fox told me to hate them.

Like holy poo poo, so many people hate Donald Trump but I've never even heard so much as an implication that it'd be hilarious for Melania to drown. Conservatives are dog poo poo.

Every once in awhile, someone takes a jab at Bannon (Barron? Trump's youngest kid), and then the same people who spent 10 years talking poo poo about Obama's daughters are suddenly clutching their pearls about how you should leave the kids out of this.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Reminder , regressive clutched their pearls when non regressives poked fun at Zodiac Killer making his human spawn yelp during 2016.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grimdude posted:

Drowning isn't a death I associate with a lot of screaming to be honest.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I wonder what percentage of people who share that meme could actually list specific reasons they want each of those 9 people to die.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mornacale posted:

I wonder what percentage of people who share that meme could actually list specific reasons they want each of those 9 people to die.

It's literally the same, single reason for each of them. "They loudly disagree with me and that makes me feel threatened."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

They're guilty of trying to destroy Real America TM

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I stand for god, country, and family. But only if they’re republican and fair skinned, then I want to murder them. Real godly people they are.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mornacale posted:

I wonder what percentage of people who share that meme could actually identify each of those 9 people.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Slavery, child labor, discrimination, fraud and embezzlement, manslaughter, waste disposal, usury, etc. Hell, even the ten commandments they claim to want posted at every courthouse.

This is one of those memes that serves only to identify the cream of the crap, screening for scammer marks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sweart gliwere posted:

Slavery, child labor, discrimination, fraud and embezzlement, manslaughter, waste disposal, usury, etc. Hell, even the ten commandments they claim to want posted at every courthouse.

This is one of those memes that serves only to identify the cream of the crap, screening for scammer marks.

I mean, yeah, those all restrict the freedom of the people who want to do those things, and that's obviously the only freedom that counts.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, yeah, those all restrict the freedom of the people who want to do those things, and that's obviously the only freedom that counts.

There'd be no slavery today even if we didn't pass any laws because...free market...look, anyway, the point is that despite the entirety of human history saying otherwise these things would have just gone away on their own as business owners put humans above profit.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

There'd be no slavery today even if we didn't pass any laws because...free market...look, anyway, the point is that despite the entirety of human history saying otherwise these things would have just gone away on their own as business owners put humans above profit.

That's also not the best example because the U.S. still has slavery it just isn't literal chattel slavery.

quote:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Guess how many American prisoners are being worked for pennies an hour.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's also not the best example because the U.S. still has slavery it just isn't literal chattel slavery.

On the old plantations even.

https://theredphoenixapl.org/2011/04/15/americas-plantation-prisons/
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/prison-labor-in-america/406177/

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And someday the free market will make that go away too! Just be patient GEEZ!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Wasn't there something about how convicts are being forced to help fight the wildfires out west for like $3 a day? And they're ineligible to work as firefighters when they're released since they have a criminal record?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Wasn't there something about how convicts are being forced to help fight the wildfires out west for like $3 a day? And they're ineligible to work as firefighters when they're released since they have a criminal record?

Yup. California. It's like a dollar or two. You'd think if that they were good at it they'd have a job lined up easy when they get out but the department won't hire felons.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

According to Vox, it's $2/day + $1/hr. The real "neat" thing about it is just who they have working the line.
https://twitter.com/cacorrections/status/1024439641221419008?s=21

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

What the gently caress is even going on in these people's minds when it comes to straws?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I want to start a rumor that California has banned rubber dildos, just so that we can get a frenzy of people taping fake dongs to their guns to smugly own the libs

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Perestroika posted:

What the gently caress is even going on in these people's minds when it comes to straws?

Recycling is good for the environment. Good work.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

Recycling is good for the environment. Good work.

We need some lefty cartoon strawman printed on disposables everywhere I guess, like Brier Rabbit but for recycling bins and multiple use cycles instead of a thornbush. I'll take whatever works.

"So, what you're saying is it wasn't until policy changed in favor of environmentally-friendly plastic waste prevention... that you literally started reducing your single-use plastic straw waste? Oh man. I'm very bigly owned"

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 24, 2018

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
We need to make it illegal to stick your face into the exhaust of a truck that's "rolling coal."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Giving myself the black lung to own the libs.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

We need to make it illegal to stick your face into the exhaust of a truck that's "rolling coal."

Normally I am against self harm but I am pretty ok with this.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Clarence Darrow posted:

All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ashcans posted:

I want to start a rumor that California has banned rubber dildos, just so that we can get a frenzy of people taping fake dongs to their guns to smugly own the libs

I hate to tell you this but we don’t need reverse psychology to want to put dongs on guns

:nws:

https://goo.gl/images/TsWBnK
https://goo.gl/images/g28Awy
https://goo.gl/images/xTP2Zs
https://goo.gl/images/8r8BKR

:nws:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"It's a nice gun, I'll give you that. But dildos give you no tactical advantage whatsoever, unless you were planning to auction it off as a collectors item."

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Does this actually work? Seems like it'd make a mess of your barrel, what with all the melted plastic.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

NatasDog posted:

Does this actually work? Seems like it'd make a mess of your barrel, what with all the melted plastic.
Fairly well, apparently, but they aren't straws, and I haven't found anything in 308.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Recylcing to own the libs

Libs hate straws. Jesus people are dumb

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The straw thing makes me reaffirm my belief that the right wing collective consciousness was broken by a black president.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Those don't sound very safe honestly. You can make plastic shotgun shells but they're constant diameter, .308 is necked down, can't imagine they would eject very well. Wouldn't the end just flare out and get stuck in the chamber?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Those don't sound very safe honestly. You can make plastic shotgun shells but they're constant diameter, .308 is necked down, can't imagine they would eject very well. Wouldn't the end just flare out and get stuck in the chamber?

The chamber is what contains all the pressure, the case is just a lining that flexes to it - the necked down portion is formed as part of the chamber too. As long as it springs back even slightly it’ll extract fine.

The case doesn’t do too much honestly - it holds the primer, bullet, and powder in a convenient cartridge, it gets grabbed by the mechanisms for feeding the cartridge and extracting the spent case, and it takes some of the heat away after firing.

The bigger risk imo is melting if you fire a lot of rounds quickly because that would be a nightmare to properly clean and make sure you don’t have feeding or kaboom issues

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The brass also serves as a heatsink. It's one of the big challenges with caseless ammo as the heat could build up to the point that the propellant would cook off prematurely and in an improper manner.

Blowing their receivers up to own the libs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taerkar posted:

The brass also serves as a heatsink. It's one of the big challenges with caseless ammo as the heat could build up to the point that the propellant would cook off prematurely and in an improper manner.

Really, that is one of the most ingenious things about fire arms to me. Too much heat? Literally eject the heat sink holding it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Taerkar posted:

So it's both recycled plastic, and effectively a capacity limiter? That's two liberal goals in one swoop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

Really, that is one of the most ingenious things about fire arms to me. Too much heat? Literally eject the heat sink holding it.

I also like how Germans just put quickswap barrels on MG42s because it'd overheat about once a minute due to the high fire rate