Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

An alternative to the Statuesque head for maximum grimdark would be Greyfax.

Or one of the new female Stormcast heads would work as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Cant speak for anyone else, but I sent GW a nasty email about this

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

bonds0097 posted:

That is really fantastic. You said you're using a statuesque head?
Yeah, one of these.
Leaning towards the second one in the bottom row, but the last one in the bottom row might look better alongside my Escher guardsmen.

Z the IVth posted:

That looks amazing.

An alternative to the Statuesque head for maximum grimdark would be Greyfax.

Also it would look amazing if you found a way to stick an Inquisitorial rosette on the outstretched arm. Right now she looks like she's holding some heretical thingmebob.
Hmm, I do have the Greyfax bits laying around, but I'm trying to avoid her looking too inquisitorial.
Gonna explain away the rune as her having previously been deployed alongside Space Wolves and is using fenrisian runes to focus her casting.

A previous idea, before I chopped most of the scenic base up in favour of the tactical library, was that she's originally from what used to be an Eldar Exodite world, and she managed some very limited communication with the world spirit before being taken by the Black Ships. Might drop a bit of a hint in that direction when/if I write up some basic backstory fluff on her.

What I've got so far is that she, along with a large gaggle of Wyrwane psykers were sent/requisitioned to support a Rune Priest for -REDACTED-. Most died in the first attempt, and said Rune Priest decided to teach the survivors the tl;dr basics of using runes as foci to better focus their powers.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Agentdark posted:

Cant speak for anyone else, but I sent GW a nasty email about this

The psyker conversion?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Floppychop posted:

The psyker conversion?

I was assuming either the new FW prices or Mr Klan.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

I know you said white background. I tried and it made my phone camera really confused about light levels.

The plastic is light enough grey that it shows fine on a black background though it turns out.

That looks great. It almost looks like she'd make a great Inquisitor, but I think your approach as a Primaris Psyker is even better. Honestly all three of the fish elf wizard-looking models could make great psykers, and it's tempting me to think about how to approach that after NOVA.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The Death Company models don't allow for poses carrying bolters and chain swords despite that loadout being allowed by the rules. Here's my attempt at a solution. :awesomelon:

Still need to clean it up and maybe resculpt the grip a bit with milliput but this is gonna work better than expected.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

Alright, fess up. Who of you are not in compliance?

I have no hair. Looks like I have to go to Chaos.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!
:cheers:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Mikey Purp posted:

The Death Company models don't allow for poses carrying bolters and chain swords despite that loadout being allowed by the rules. Here's my attempt at a solution. :awesomelon:

Still need to clean it up and maybe resculpt the grip a bit with milliput but this is gonna work better than expected.

This is fantastic

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cooked Auto posted:

Or one of the new female Stormcast heads would work as well.

Are there that many female Stormcast out?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

They've been bulking up the line pretty well recently. The new Sequitors box have a couple of them available and then there is the Ballista as well.

Edit:
Then there's the easy to build Sequitors and one of the upcoming releases as well whose name I don't know exactly.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 23, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

There are a few in the new sequitor kit, one in the easy to build kit that’s totally an extra. That one’s probably the easiest to find.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

This is a brilliant idea.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

As cool as that looks there's an easier method.

Just clip the bolter arm at the wrist and put it on a bolt pistol arm that you also clipped at the wrist.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
If you've got other BA stuff you can kitbash pretty easily. The tactical marine kit has bits that let you wield a bolter one handed.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Floppychop posted:

As cool as that looks there's an easier method.

Just clip the bolter arm at the wrist and put it on a bolt pistol arm that you also clipped at the wrist.

Pendent posted:

If you've got other BA stuff you can kitbash pretty easily. The tactical marine kit has bits that let you wield a bolter one handed.

Well yeah, but neither of these suggestions culminates with my dudes having fuckin' chainsword bayonets!

Also I don't doubt that I could have worked out the left and right arms by clipping, bur I think that some of the chain sword and pistol arms are right-handed while others are left, so it wasn't immediately obvious. Anyway, like I always say, when in doubt chop poo poo up and glue big swords to big guns.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Conquest looks good?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

neonbregna posted:

Conquest looks good?

It does, and warhammer tv are doing a paint and play video series to go with it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just really hope it comes to the U.S., it's been a really long time since "waiting for the mail" was a positive thing for me.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 23, 2018

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

neonbregna posted:

Conquest looks good?

So it's £32 a month but the first month you get a ton of goodies and a reduced price... Am I getting this right? Does it show you get scenery and vehicles down the line? Is £32 a good price for the stuff or is it better just to buy the stuff?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

by.a.teammate posted:

So it's £32 a month but the first month you get a ton of goodies and a reduced price... Am I getting this right? Does it show you get scenery and vehicles down the line? Is £32 a good price for the stuff or is it better just to buy the stuff?

You eventually get all of this:

I don't know how many months that's split across so I can't tell you if it's a good deal or not.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You eventually get all of this:

I don't know how many months that's split across so I can't tell you if it's a good deal or not.

They state that 80 issues are planned (where each issue is 8 pounds). So presumably that's showing 640 worth?

edit: found a person who has done a break down, with just the figure prices:

https://vincentknotley.wordpress.com/2018/08/22/warhammer-40000-conquests-rumoured-value/

TacoNight fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 23, 2018

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
That's pretty impressive! Now to work out of I actually want those armies...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
eBay will be flooded with stuff folks don't want.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So an exchange-rate neutral price would be $50 a month meaning that, if we see it, it'll be what, 60 or 75?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I'm curious whats the price dif between FW stuff now and then? What was finally the bridge too far?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

For_Great_Justice posted:

I'm curious whats the price dif between FW stuff now and then? What was finally the bridge too far?

Depends on where you live. For the USA it's something close to 20% more expensive, and way worse if you live in Aus or NZ.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Depends on where you live. For the USA it's something close to 20% more expensive, and way worse if you live in Aus or NZ.

My partner was going to get me Leman Russ and his wolves for Christmas. They were in the slightly under $250 ballpark and have gone up to $330 so I've told her not to bother.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

The bridge too far was them trying to justify the price hike as us getting better service and not saying anything about it, and deleting negative comments on Facebook. If they said they needed to raise prices because of whatever reasons, and did it for UK as well as everywhere else, people would call them stupid and incompetent but they wouldn't be as angry.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Booley posted:

I don't know if there are any on the other side but I like bellevue mox more because it has better food and parking, so I'm happy to get a game in

This was a couple days back, but cool. I'm going to be swamped for the next week or two, but after that I'll hit you up for a game sometime.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booley posted:

The bridge too far was them trying to justify the price hike as us getting better service and not saying anything about it, and deleting negative comments on Facebook. If they said they needed to raise prices because of whatever reasons, and did it for UK as well as everywhere else, people would call them stupid and incompetent but they wouldn't be as angry.

"Better service" is hilarious given how incredible FW already is with dealing with problems.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Better service" is hilarious given how incredible FW already is with dealing with problems.

But now I can get my order in 5 days!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booley posted:

But now I can get my order in 5 days!

Truly worth the premium.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
For Australians prices basically increased by 30%

The benefits also don’t matter?

I paid using my credit card- I now pay... using my credit card. 5 days later my product arrives.

There’s no benefit to me with the ‘new’ system, and it’s much more expensive. Cool. Great and good.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Are we sure Kirby isn't secretly running Forgeworld?
Because, uh, it sure seems like it.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

i've picked up Conquest solely for that sweet sweet Ultramarines Lieutenant that I think is coming in issue 5.

Anyone else confused with this and the fact that there's an Ultras branded Lt, and Macragge Blue all included but then they say this -

code:
Games Workshop have created a brand-new Space Marine army for this collection. The Silver Templars will have their own unique colour schemes, armour markings and history which will be developed and expanded with each new issue. There is also an exclusive new miniature included with Issue 05.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Harkano posted:

i've picked up Conquest solely for that sweet sweet Ultramarines Lieutenant that I think is coming in issue 5.

Anyone else confused with this and the fact that there's an Ultras branded Lt, and Macragge Blue all included

Is that the guy who’s pulling out his sword?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Is that the guy who’s pulling out his sword?

This handsome devil -

And since people had sneak peeks of issues 1-4, I'm hoping he's the elusive "exclusive model in issue 5" fella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think they’ve been coasting on their reputation in that regard for quite some time, sadly. A typical FW model comes drenched in release agent and often has gates in crappy locations and a lot of bending work required, and customer service can’t really do anything about it.

If you happen to come across models from other places, it requires less prep work before you can start assembling, has faster shipping, and replacement parts come quickly with about the same level of hoop-jumping to achieve. For what was once a third the cost and is now a quarter.

:homebrew: