Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
GRRM, the American Dickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

GRRM, the American Dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Charles FatPinkMastens

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Please, Grrm, I want some books.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
No you don't. Remember the last two.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kcroy posted:

I figure your lack of self awareness is either performance art - in which case you are an intentionally annoying gently caress - or it's real - in which case you are an unintentionally annoying gently caress. Either way, I enjoy you far more when you are banned.

For some reason i'm starting to think nine-gear crow's meltdown post was wrong and this thread isn't full of total unflappable badasses.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
The last two books are good and a new book would be too if he wrote one. The rest of the world is so lovely now I've gotta just put the irony down and admit I like the diarrhea princess books and I wish there were more

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

i'm wrong full rear end

:lol: Go home nerd.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

The last two books are good and a new book would be too if he wrote one. The rest of the world is so lovely now I've gotta just put the irony down and admit I like the diarrhea princess books and I wish there were more

None of the books have been good.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Maybe not but the story has been good, which is more than I can say about the show.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Elman posted:

Maybe not but the story has been good, which is more than I can say about the show.

I'm predicting a cycle of deferral. "The books aren't good, but the story is. Well the story isn't that good, but the plot is interesting. All right, it blows, but what really matters are the characters. Okay, they suck, but you have to agree that the books are still pretty good."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Elman posted:

There are no books. Only show.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 23, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm predicting a cycle of deferral. "The books aren't good, but the story is. Well the story isn't that good, but the plot is interesting. All right, it blows, but what really matters are the characters. Okay, they suck, but you have to agree that the books are still pretty good."

Words are wind.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Dickens is at LEAST as good as GRRM.

Porridge descriptions not detailed enough 6/10.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Please, ser, can I have some more lemoncakes?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It was the dream of spring of hope, it was the winds of winter of despair

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
“I’m always a-writing, reader,” cries the author, wiping away his greasy sweat with his arm. “I’ve always been a writing and writing, ever since I was born. What more can I possibly write, reader, more nor I do write!”

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It was the worst of times. It was the GRRMst of times.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Kuiperdolin posted:

Please, Grrm, I want some books.

Don't worry I'm sure he will give us some more Wild Cards soon.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father gave him a copy of A Game of Thrones.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A Tale of Two Shitties

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blind Sally posted:

It was the worst of times. It was the GRRMst of times.
In the GRRMdark present of the 21st century, there was only waiting.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Now I understand the antipathy towards Dickens. No one has read anything by him past the first lines of Tale of Two Cities.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 23, 2018

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
Dickens is boring poo poo for old dweebs.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Elman posted:

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father gave him a copy of A Game of Thrones.

I'm currently in the middle of reading this and its fantastic so far. Colonel Aureliano is better than any character imagined by grrm.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Now I understand the antipathy towards Dicken. No one has read anything by him past the first lines of Tale of Two Cities.

I'll admit I never read his stuff, which is largely why I don't say he's poo poo. I wouldn't actually know, and I make a point not to comment on the quality of things I've not consumed.

Now let me tell you why this not-yet released video game is poorly designed in attempt to pander to Anita Sarkeesian's agenda to turn all men into cucks.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The books, story, plot, and characters suck, but the thread about them is pretty good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Now I understand the antipathy towards Dickens. No one has read anything by him past the first lines of Tale of Two Cities.

I, too, assume people have only read one book by a famous author when they quote some of the most famous lines from that specific work.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
but seriously, you're better than that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

When I hear someone praising an author, I always assume that they've read nothing else.

lol this is nonsense

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

lol this is nonsense

It makes sense if they're cunnilinging Our Lady of Rational Self-Interest, St. Ayn.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
oh, you really like how kafka creates a surreal atmosphere of apathy and misery? maybe try reading something else once in a while idiot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dickens is hack......really smart book guys quote elmore leonard

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What are you talking about real literature in a thread about a dumb unfinished fantasy book series

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

but seriously, you're better than that.

gently caress no he isn't!

Back on topic, what else is in confirmed production of GRRM's fare? I know there is a side TV series of Targaryen hijinks in the works, but I heard a ton of other projects are bouncing around,

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Elias_Maluco posted:

What are you talking about real literature in a thread about a dumb unfinished fantasy book series

Don't look them in the eye, just walk away, you'll only encourage them. This way is better for everyone. It'll fizzle out in the end. It aways does.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

scary ghost dog posted:

lol this is nonsense

Yes, that's why I mocked Blind Sally for it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sephyr posted:

gently caress no he isn't!

Back on topic, what else is in confirmed production of GRRM's fare? I know there is a side TV series of Targaryen hijinks in the works, but I heard a ton of other projects are bouncing around,

I think that was the only series greenlit of the five or w/e they were toying with.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Now the path towards Dick.

Oh, I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop your shitposting in its useful course. I'm very glad to hear otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Seriously though, Victorian lit is dull as poo poo. Ya’ll motherfuckers need to read some Romantic Era poetry. Now those drugged out fuckers could tell a story... unless someone came to the door and they forgot it by the time they went back to their desk.

Visit Charming Porlock — the village that killed Kubla Khan!