Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mill Village posted:

I’m taking the whole week off. :getin:

Whyyyyyyy?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Whyyyyyyy?????

I happen to have some other plans that week so it worked out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tell everybody about this one.

Destiny 2 to Launch Gambit Mode Free Trial for 24 Hours Ahead of Forsaken Launch - Gamescom 2018

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/23/destiny-2-to-launch-gambit-mode-free-trial-for-24-hours-ahead-of-forsaken-launch-gamescom-2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

What’s sad is Cayde is actually the Serious One. It’s Zavala that’s the comedy relief of the game.

It's a testament to how bad Bungie is with telling a story that very few people realize that Cayde clowns around to cope with his robo-Alzheimer's that makes him do things like write letters addressed to someone he doesn't know is his son who died centuries ago

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Tell everybody about this one.

Destiny 2 to Launch Gambit Mode Free Trial for 24 Hours Ahead of Forsaken Launch - Gamescom 2018

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/23/destiny-2-to-launch-gambit-mode-free-trial-for-24-hours-ahead-of-forsaken-launch-gamescom-2018

I've already told people, jeez !

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Request sent to join [SNEK]

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 10 MORE DAYS UNTIL YOU PLAY HIT GAME FORESAKEN :ducksiren:

I can’t wait to see you all there. This is all of us, below.

See ALL of you, and us,in 10 days!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A rabbi is gonna suck my dick in 10 days?!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
a rabbi is Jewish, not Catholic

you imbecile, you utter fool

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ah yes the traditional Catholic garb of a Kippah and Tallit

You do get partial credit for "sucking a young boy's dick" though

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just bought the Forsaken expansion and the Annual Pass.

Am I dead?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Genius. Absolutely genius!!!!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

I just bought the Forsaken expansion and the Annual Pass.

Am I dead?

no, but you sure triggered a bunch of people.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

A buddy wants me to play this game, but the "come back on September 4" OP is giving me pause. Is it cool to buy in now and what is my best angle? Are there expansion deals or packages or passes or other dumb poo poo I need?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hi I’m an OP. Original Prankster.

So, you absolutely can buy in now. Just know we have some major systems changes coming. You may get used to something and then realize it’s going to be changing 1-2 weeks later.

If you’re OK with that, you can get leveling, doing some unique quests and warming up for the “launch of the real game” on September 4th.

Weapons systems changes into effect next week.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And I forgot: You can either buy The Forsaken Collection which is the full game. It will have D2, Expansions 1+2 AND Forsaken.

If you bought all separately, you’re overpaying hard.

Forsaken Collection is $59.99
If you buy separate (and you’ll NEED all of this), you’re paying about $10-$20 more.

Cheapest way to get it if in the Americas is at Humble Bundle if you subscribe to Monthly: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/destiny-2-forsaken-legendary-collection

Cheapest way to get it if in Europe and surrounding is on CDKEYS for $44.

ICR fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 25, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Apologies for a triple post. It happens.

Y1 Weapons are being confirmed by a developer as of an hour ago that they won’t accept Y2 mods. There have been some conflicting reports on this from one dev saying they will and one saying they won’t. Whose side are you on????

https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_hamrick/status/1032832039739744256?s=21

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hi OP! Don't get attached to anything except my character level, got it.

My friend gave me a follow-up elevator pitch that the game is "Halo meets Borderlands 2 with Nathon Fillion" so I'm, uh, in. :awesome:

It doesn't look like there's an option to buy the base game separately if I want to be cautious/dumb though? $60 is a bit steep for me and I see no D2 a la carte on Bnet, just expansions and the Forsaken Collection. Am I missing anything?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You would be correct on all of this. You are either buying all separately or buying the Foreskin Collection.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Can't buy all separately if there's no base game listed at all. Looks like it's buy the Foreskin Collection or buy the Foreskin Collection.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PMed you. Let’s get you a free copy of this game pal.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

:stwoon:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 9 days until Destiny 2 comes out yay!!!! :ducksiren:

And I come with good tidings friends!

I have 5 copies of the base game to giveaway. That’s Destiny 2. You just PM me and we will get you sorted.

If you’re a new player and you’ve been lurking and you want this game. I’m your guy. The guy above.

That’s my family portrait I got did at the Wal-Mart up the road. They’re crystal clear portraits and come with my patented seal of approval.

See you all soon!!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Apologies for a triple post. It happens.

Y1 Weapons are being confirmed by a developer as of an hour ago that they won’t accept Y2 mods. There have been some conflicting reports on this from one dev saying they will and one saying they won’t. Whose side are you on????

https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_hamrick/status/1032832039739744256?s=21

Nice, Year 1 is a total write off now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Looking forward to dusting every single thing I worked for I guess

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
You can put Y2 armor mods into Y1 armor, but yes. Y1 weapons are toast. Welcome to every MMO ever.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

1stGear posted:

You can put Y2 armor mods into Y1 armor, but yes. Y1 weapons are toast. Welcome to every MMO ever.

Wait, what. I thought Y1 armor lost mod spots altogether.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i am enjoying this dead bad game

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Father Wendigo posted:

Wait, what. I thought Y1 armor lost mod spots altogether.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47156

quote:

Year 2 armor mods will be able to be slotted into both Year 1 and Year 2 armor mod slots.

Y1 mods will become deprecated on the 28th but the slots themselves will remain. Presumably, Bungie realized that making Y1's last big hurrah be to grind for a fancy armor set and then immediately render that armor set worthless was a bad idea.

Orv
May 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

You're not wrong but unlike other MMOs I've actually developed a fondness for several of the Y1 guns because of how they handle. Other than poo poo having progressively louder colors in its name I've never given gently caress one about my weapon in an MMO after "Oh good now I have it."

It's poo poo. It's not really worth complaining about, but it's dumb.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
good y1 guns will still be good regardless of mods. hope this helps. you will pry midnight coup from my cold dead hands

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

good y1 guns will still be good regardless of mods. hope this helps. you will pry midnight coup from my cold dead hands

gently caress you dad I wanna be mad about something.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

They're renaming it to the Midnight Poo in a week I'm sorry you had to find out this way. :(

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Give me a photoshop of those even triple that size on that man please.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I gotta say, the Destiny Facebook community is really underrated and consistently has good content like that. I'd even say it borders, 'spicy' sometimes.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

1stGear posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47156

Y1 mods will become deprecated on the 28th but the slots themselves will remain. Presumably, Bungie realized that making Y1's last big hurrah be to grind for a fancy armor set and then immediately render that armor set worthless was a bad idea.

I mean yeah, but y1 armor won't get the perks of y2 armor, which means it will still be slightly worse.

E: also for people just starting, I think forsaken is supposed to come with a character boost so you can immediately start with the expansion and don't need to grind you way through the base game if you don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It will, and unlike the Spark from TK it skips the base game + CoO/WM campaigns for that character.

• Locked thread