Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You just know they wanted it to fill to 99 people before it did anything.

They need to get this offline and solo.

Edit: lmao they made this in my city - im gunna go over there and shake my fist brb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Other than the online bits the test range does sound pretty great though. They put more effort in than I'd have expected.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Had my first game in which I managed to kill 2 dudes, felt good man. Ended up 11th, got sniped trying to reach a vehicle. Still can't hit poo poo on automatic but single tapping seems to work fine on most guns! Does anyone actually use burst and which guns are viable for that?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I've never used burst unless it was in a heated early game drop and I forgot to click B a second time. That said today I was running the new AR and the recoil was more manageable with burst fire but the damage was still good.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I'll sometimes leave the Vector on 2-shot burst if I have no attachments and I need to shoot at someone beyond kissing distance. Other than that, I think they mostly just have the burst features for the foot the game has in milsim.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Star Man posted:

Unless they turn off damage, it's just going to be a few shitheads killing everyone on the map and then each other.

They've said they're setting minimum hp to 1 specifically so you can test damage/armor absorption but not actually die

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Star Man posted:

Unless they turn off damage, it's just going to be a few shitheads killing everyone on the map and then each other.

Sort of.

https://twitter.com/WJacky101/status/1032348038075961345

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Training bots? Mimic damage of people on "paper" targets where you can set armor levels?

I don't mind that it is online and honestly hope it is on the live serve so you can see similar performance as in game. If it was offline then you don't get to practice with the lovely net code.

Not a huge fan of the new AK, I have only used it twice but the recoil is huge and spread is pretty bad. I haven't tried it for single shot long distance yet.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

JEEVES420 posted:

Training bots? Mimic damage of people on "paper" targets where you can set armor levels?

I don't mind that it is online and honestly hope it is on the live serve so you can see similar performance as in game. If it was offline then you don't get to practice with the lovely net code.

Not a huge fan of the new AK, I have only used it twice but the recoil is huge and spread is pretty bad. I haven't tried it for single shot long distance yet.

I actually find the m4 and scar spray harder control than the AK for some reason. Single shot tapping with it is pretty good too at mid distances but falls off at longer ranges.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
The new AK with Tacticlol rails or the original with wood furniture? I had the new one with a vertical grip/no comp and only shot it twice. Once at someone a few feet away with level 3 vest spray was all over the place and I only landed 3 out of 15ish shots. And once at someone about 20ft away with a 3x scope and it climbed like crazy. Probably just not used to it and need more practice but since I died with it in both cases first thought was this gun sucks (not me of course, nope couldn't be that I just suck)

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

JEEVES420 posted:

The new AK with Tacticlol rails or the original with wood furniture? I had the new one with a vertical grip/no comp and only shot it twice. Once at someone a few feet away with level 3 vest spray was all over the place and I only landed 3 out of 15ish shots. And once at someone about 20ft away with a 3x scope and it climbed like crazy. Probably just not used to it and need more practice but since I died with it in both cases first thought was this gun sucks (not me of course, nope couldn't be that I just suck)

Oh I’m a dumb dumb and didn’t realize you meant the newest 7.62 rifle, I was talking about the original AK.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
If they allowed playing on the shooting range offline, it would open the floodgates to hack developers

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

If they allowed playing on the shooting range offline, it would open the floodgates to hack developers

I don't really think that'd make much of a difference either way.

That said I won't at all be surprised if someone comes up with a hack that enables the shooting range health mode where it drops but you can't actually be killed during normal play. It'd look a lot less obvious than a full invulnerability hack but would have the same effect.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

lol

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I always figured the reason why there is no offline shooting range is that it would require making huge changes to the client. The game is designed to be multiplayer-only so a lot of the game is handled exclusively by the server instead of the client.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Offline would just allow a free place for developers to test hacks. Bluehole already sucks at detecting hacks, why make it even worse.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Add the loop-de-loop ramp to miramar

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Offline would just allow a free place for developers to test hacks. Bluehole already sucks at detecting hacks, why make it even worse.

An environment with no enemy players might not be the best place to test wallhacks and aimbots.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

I wouldn't mind the shooting range, but offline like others said would just invite hackers to test more stuff. When I want to practice I just join the customs war mode and try to find a quick respawn/ar round to practice stuff. Been getting a bit better, but I keep taking a week or so off the game cause of work and studying so all that work goes away. lol

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

GarethOmni posted:

I wouldn't mind the shooting range, but offline like others said would just invite hackers to test more stuff. When I want to practice I just join the customs war mode and try to find a quick respawn/ar round to practice stuff. Been getting a bit better, but I keep taking a week or so off the game cause of work and studying so all that work goes away. lol

The shooting range is going to have bots that peak isn't it?

but anyway, have you guys found a scooter yet? I have yet to see one

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
I tried to play for the first time in a while last night and I searched for about 20 minutes with various game modes to find a match in OC but nada, is this poo poo dead for aus?

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Sure as poo poo is!

You can read all about the endless complaints on the PUBG OCE discord. Most people have switched to SEA. Here's a ping checker to see what's good for you: https://pubgserverping.com/

Some are saying the queuing system is misbehaving. Sometimes you get a massive timer but cancel and ready again to see it put you in a game instantly. Sometimes the timer is so massive that 2-3 whole games will have completed in the time passed.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
I guess it's dead too in South America for FPP solo.

The past couple of weeks I can't find a game. Wait time is either ~12 or ~50 minutes, if I switch to squad you can find a game almost instantly.

It was fine just some weeks ago :( I hate playing squads with randoms.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

HolaMundo posted:

I guess it's dead too in South America for FPP solo.

The past couple of weeks I can't find a game. Wait time is either ~12 or ~50 minutes, if I switch to squad you can find a game almost instantly.

It was fine just some weeks ago :( I hate playing squads with randoms.

Surely there is a reddit or elsewhere Discord to at least make some friends. I finally got some buddies to play Duo and Squad and holy poo poo is this game so much more fun with other people.

Plus, I think it makes me better at the solo version too.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
I have a couple of friends who play but I also enjoy playing solo when none of them are around. I play matches with three randoms where none of them speak or even mark a spot to drop, this kills me. I don't understand if you don't have a mic or just don't want to talk to retards on the internet... but atleast use the waypoint system in the game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think playing solo solo generally sucks balls but playing solo squads is a lot of fun. It's obviously harder in some ways but you also have some advantages that make it not as hard as it sounds. It's kind of like playing MGS when you roll that way.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I can't wait for this game's replacement

First round: Voice chat is stuck on 'All' for everyone in lobby. People on different teams were talking to each other, thinking they were on the same team. 15-20 people land at our site in the middle of nowhere, round's over in <1 min.

Next round: Hangs on matchmaking, won't let me exit.

Restart the game.

Next two rounds: Voice chat isn't working at all.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Accretionist posted:

I can't wait for this game's replacement

First round: Voice chat is stuck on 'All' for everyone in lobby. People on different teams were talking to each other, thinking they were on the same team. 15-20 people land at our site in the middle of nowhere, round's over in <1 min.

Next round: Hangs on matchmaking, won't let me exit.

Restart the game.

Next two rounds: Voice chat isn't working at all.

People actually use the in game voice chat?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah you can always unmute and check 4 yourself

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

DrNutt posted:

People actually use the in game voice chat?

What? In almost every match people use the proximity based all chat to talk/taunt opponents. Being able to hear the absolute rage from some dude I just killed by being a dirty house camper on solo v squads is half the reason to play that mode.

There is nothing better than looting a body while hearing "loving CAMPER SCRUBBBBB NOOB rear end BITTTTCH" :grin:

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Guess I won't be playing the game this morning!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FunOne posted:

Surely there is a reddit or elsewhere Discord to at least make some friends. I finally got some buddies to play Duo and Squad and holy poo poo is this game so much more fun with other people.

Plus, I think it makes me better at the solo version too.

There's literally no FPP Duo in SA available so having a friend for Duo would not help him if he jumped from FPP, sadly. Squad gameplay is considerably different and it might not be their cup of tea.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mischievous Mink posted:

Guess I won't be playing the game this morning!

Just cancel and re-ready...? Those times are literally never accurate.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
It's better to post.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just cancel and re-ready...? Those times are literally never accurate.

That was one of my last tries after waiting over half an hour, the estimated time is worthless but I had plenty of time to post while waiting for nothing to happen.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I've been having the same problem. Queuing up/cancelling if it hangs but never getting a match either way

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

im gonna be playing in the cyberpowerpc duo tournament tomorrow at the la fair grounds for the chance to make below minimum wage as a cyber athlete. please cheer me and my buddy on as we try our best to ruin the days of 18 year olds as a duo of two ancient 30 year old gamers. time to kick these kids off our lawn :corsair:

twitch.tv/cyberpowergaming starts at 11 am pst

ill be in as jerkface

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Apogee15 posted:

The last 100% cheater I saw was probably 3 months ago, and it was incredibly obvious(as in he was a passenger in a car, whenever he fired his viewpoint would shoot up 100 feet in the air and headshot you, then back into the passenger seat when he was finished). I've seen maybe 1 or 2 since then which I was suspicious of, but again... Janky deathcams make it real hard to tell. And I play this game way too much.

I do know that TPP has way more cheaters than FPP.

i still don't know why the gently caress they haven't ping limited/region locked; got double hacked back to back by squads with nonsensical names

https://streamable.com/yn4vm

(enjoy me listening to the dollop in the background)

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Jerkface posted:

im gonna be playing in the cyberpowerpc duo tournament tomorrow at the la fair grounds for the chance to make below minimum wage as a cyber athlete. please cheer me and my buddy on as we try our best to ruin the days of 18 year olds as a duo of two ancient 30 year old gamers. time to kick these kids off our lawn :corsair:

twitch.tv/cyberpowergaming starts at 11 am pst

ill be in as jerkface

Nice interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Chair In A Basket posted:

Nice interview.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304726270?sr=a&t=661s

this is the end of the round we won and our interview check it out!

we ended up 9th overall which was a blast considering we got turbofucked on 4 rounds dying in transition on 3 of them and loving up on one of them. had a great time and can now quit this game forever.