Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Escobarbarian posted:

Do you ever get something in Kiwami akin to 0's Cash Confetti to let you avoid random fights? I know you won't get that specific ability because it was tied to the financial boom in the 80s but man, jeez, the random fights are so constant and getting really boring now

If you put CP towards running you can just run from encounters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Harden my epenis for kiwami 2. What's the big side side activity? (Besides bad moba) will pocketcar racing return?!?!

Gonna dead cells for a week then be stuck on yakuza cause well, yakuza

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CrRoMa posted:

Take a shot everytime Ryo Hazuki says "i see"

Meanwhile CrRoMa out here trying to kill people.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LionArcher posted:

I had a spider man pS4 Pro pre ordered but canceled it. Realized Black Friday will have bette deals on the pro, and I’ll be too busy to play red dead till then anyway (pre ordered as well). So I’ll just grab one when they are cheaper then. I will be ordering one of those sick sunset orange controllers next month though. They look great

Yeah that orange goku controller looks awesome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Gamestop confirms they are selling them at 12 AM EST tonight

Best Buy and Target have links I guess. Amazon had one up but it since disappeared. Probably same time for those if I had to guess

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/23/ps4-pro-500-million-limited-edition-launch/

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Bombadilillo posted:

Harden my epenis for kiwami 2. What's the big side side activity? (Besides bad moba) will pocketcar racing return?!?!

Gonna dead cells for a week then be stuck on yakuza cause well, yakuza

Cabaret club management as Kiryu, and clan RTS as Majima with improvements since Yak6

A chapter added where you fight as Majima again

Pee game based on actual urinal games Sega made. You can stack the deck in your favor by drinking more vending machine sodas before a match

Pocket circuit is back

Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtual On in the arcade

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 23, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Also equipping weapons from inventory is "back" after its absence in Y6

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Cabaret club management as Kiryu, and clan RTS as Majima with improvements since Yak6

A chapter added where you fight as Majima again

Pee game based on actual urinal games Sega made. You can stack the deck in your favor by drinking more vending machine sodas before a match

Pocket circuit is back

Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtual On in the arcade

I'm gonna be majima and then just never change back.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

sudo rm -rf posted:

i'm wondering how hard it will be to try and grab that 500 million one

Ideal scenario, a typo somewhere along the line made them accidentally actually manufacture 500 million of them and that's why Pros have been sold out for so long everywhere.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is the battery in the newer PS4 controllers any different/better than the ones that came out at launch?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Neo Rasa posted:

Is the battery in the newer PS4 controllers any different/better than the ones that came out at launch?

No.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
The main problem with battery life is that the touchpad constantly needs power

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
THE END OF RINA'S SUBSTORY IN KIWAMI IS SO loving LOVELY

e: oh wait now it's showing me a sexy video, i didn't ask for this dammit yakuza

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 23, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

e: oh wait now it's showing me a sexy video, i didn't ask for this dammit yakuza

You sick perv

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I respect Rina including her sexuality, which is not mine to judge

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Virtual On in the arcade

hot DIGGITY

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yakuza is great because it’s a perfect reflection of my ability to be dramatic and horny all the time.

You guys are worrying me about Kiwami 1 though. I’m going to like it right???

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah that orange goku controller looks awesome.

When I realized it was a Goku controller I had to have it. I love my PS1 aesthetic DS4 but Goku always wins.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yakuza is great because it’s a perfect reflection of my ability to be dramatic and horny all the time.

When I realized it was a Goku controller I had to have it. I love my PS1 aesthetic DS4 but Goku always wins.

Yeah, just remember its remaking the first game. If you come from 0 it might seem sparse. Also play on easy cause the bosses are sponges.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is easy still a good idea if I’m playing 0 on normal and have never died? Not trying to brag just wondering lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

Other than the combat (bosses being sponges as mentioned above and you get knocked down WAY more) I like it almost as much as 0. You’ll dig it.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is easy still a good idea if I’m playing 0 on normal and have never died? Not trying to brag just wondering lol

imo yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

My thought process except I knew the vid was coming eventually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kilometers Davis posted:

Nah it's not nearly as difficult as people make out

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Kiwami isn't "hard" in a difficult way but rather hard in a bosses take way too much punishment way and due to how the bosses work you may find yourself getting knocked down way more. That said, outside of one particular boss early on I never had any trouble between all the heat moves and stuff you get, so I'd just keep it at default unless that first major boss really annoys you. Everyone either isn't as bad or by the time you fight them you have to much power it's not a problem.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alright that sounds not too bad, thanks m’dudes. The difficulty can be changed during a playthrough anyway right?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Not hard. Annoying. A much greater sin.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright that sounds not too bad, thanks m’dudes. The difficulty can be changed during a playthrough anyway right?

Yeah. Just stick to normal. If you do get annoyed (which I personally didn't), you can always drop it later.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Anyone who doesn't call it a Goku controller is a cop

I'm still giggling at this post

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kilometers Davis posted:

People overstate it. For me there are two bosses that are legitimately far too spongy (one of them being the early boss everyone complains about and the much worse offender being the final boss). And thats it. The rest of the game is fine, and those bosses arent hard, just have twice as much health as would be reasonable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

kiwami isn't any harder than 0 and they're not hard games in general. people just want the fights to end faster I guess

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

SiKboy posted:

People overstate it. For me there are two bosses that are legitimately far too spongy (one of them being the early boss everyone complains about and the much worse offender being the final boss). And thats it. The rest of the game is fine, and those bosses arent hard, just have twice as much health as would be reasonable.

It seemed to me more then other games bosses were only suseptable to certain combos. So it was more repetition then the other games. Maybe I just unlocked things badly?

Just seemed annoying to keep spamming a move over a huge health bar.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I can’t remember but if you can switch difficulty on the fly in Kiwami then play normal and switch to easy on the bosses.

One exception is the final boss. I didn’t have tiger drop and it went on kinda long but it kinda felt more epic that way.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t remember but if you can switch difficulty on the fly in Kiwami then play normal and switch to easy on the bosses.

One exception is the final boss. I didn’t have tiger drop and it went on kinda long but it kinda felt more epic that way.

Pretty sure I switched during a boss. And just never went back. If there one thing that brings me out of my Kiryu-chan power fantasy it's getting stunlocked by some drunks on the street.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK2rMOuVwTo&t=146s

What should we call the new "slap bad guys with a motorcycle" microgenre

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Actually the one thing you should probably be aware of, KD, is that mini-bosses and regular bosses in Kiwami have replenishing health. Which is a gigantic pain in the rear end. How are you doing with 0, anyways?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Bombadilillo posted:

It seemed to me more then other games bosses were only suseptable to certain combos. So it was more repetition then the other games. Maybe I just unlocked things badly?

Just seemed annoying to keep spamming a move over a huge health bar.

It is possible that I was just using things they were susceptible to so didnt notice them being overly spongy. I know for the first one (Shimao at the funeral) I had unlocked the Kiwami Heat move (that a lot of people dont realise you need to unlock to use because it gives you a tutorial for the mechanic before you unlock it, which is a bit of a head scratcher. I do think they should have been unlocked by default) which helped a bit. Apart from that, playing through on normal, I dont remember being particularly irritated by any other fight in the game until the final boss who is absolute 100% indefensible bullshit. Kicked his rear end eventually with the help of a few litres of energy drink and a bunch of weapons I'd never got round to using in the course of the game, but he should have had about a half the health he had and some limits on his loving bodyguard minions. In hindsight I wish I'd dropped the difficulty for that fight, but if someone doesnt hate the combat in Yakuza I'd recommend starting on normal at least to give the fights some semblance of challenge.

Kiwami 2 is so very nearly out and I am loving hype. Gonna polish off Shadow of War this weekend (it never did grab me like the first one did, there are a load of design decisions that I just dont like, many of them minor, and they add up to a game I'm just not engaged with) and aside from quick runs of Enter the Gungeon (the new update hugely improves an already very good game by the way) that leaves the decks clear to start Kiwami 2 as soon as it hits my doormat.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

Actually the one thing you should probably be aware of, KD, is that mini-bosses and regular bosses in Kiwami have replenishing health. Which is a gigantic pain in the rear end. How are you doing with 0, anyways?

Only on chapter 14 still. I haven’t played in a few mostly due to some mental health days unfortunately but I’ll play more this week/weekend. Really excited to see where this all goes :D

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The penultimate boss of Kiwami went on for so long that my hands were hurting when I was finished with it. Had to take a small break before finishing the game properly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah for Kiwami, getting the extreme heat moves to cancel boss regen should be a top priority

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Samuringa posted:

The penultimate boss of Kiwami went on for so long that my hands were hurting when I was finished with it. Had to take a small break before finishing the game properly.

I was gonna say, it's the second to last boss that's a bunch of bullshit, the final boss isn't bad if you have all the moves unlocked and have gotten used to fighting Majima...everywhere.

I'd have to check but I think I played it all on Normal without much annoyance, but I also generally had 15 energy drinks in my pockets at any given moment so...yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Steve Yun posted:

lmao yakuza is the loving best, guys.

also more pocket racing!? seriously? get in motherfuckers hell yeah, another 80 hours with my bro POCKET CIRCUIT FIIIIIIIIIGHTAAAAAAAH

shopto havent sent me an email today, i was hoping i'd get the game tomorrow. its bank holiday on monday here so i was thinking they would send super early. probably will get here on saturday tho just like shenmue last week and loving spiderman next week.

amazing time to be into video games, friends.