Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I hated Akechi's stupid punchable face from the moment I saw him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goro really betrayed you because the Phantom Theives kept stealing his lunch money and giving him swirlies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Funky Valentine posted:

Goro really betrayed you because the Phantom Theives kept stealing his lunch money and giving him swirlies.

Made fun of his monogrammed briefcase

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

anyway akechi is one of two (2) persona 5 characters with any kind of definable and consistent personality

the 2nd one being "everyone else" i assume, because they all seemed pretty consistent to me besides Ann's sudden weird swing from defying the stereotype to embodying it after the 1st dungeon

Endorph posted:

Adachi is a literal attempted rapist. Also Akechi is a 15 year old from an abusive family, Adachi is a grown adult with a fully developed brain who had a seemingly normal homelife.

Akechi is also an unrepentant mass murderer. His character is there to fit the theme of "old people are monsters" by showing how they twist the younger generation and use them as tools to keep living comfortably, yes, but he himself is still a pretty big piece of poo poo.

Adachi is also a huge piece of poo poo but he acknowledges that on some level in the end and is willingly serving a life sentence because of it.

TriffTshngo posted:

I hated Akechi's stupid punchable face from the moment I saw him.

Same, though that was likely the intention of the character. But it made his psycho flip a lot less impactful than adachi who was a lovable bumbler up to that point

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 23, 2018

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's hosed up they wanted to make an unlikable character and then made him like 1 of maybe 3 people in the whole story with any personality.

Ann "Lisa Bronzeman" Takamaki should have been the traitor because it would have at least given her something to do.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I would rather in the next game they keep the main cast to the initial four, and give them two personas or something to make up for the loss of variety, that way they can give them lots of story focus.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I would rather in the next game they keep the main cast to the initial four, and give them two personas or something to make up for the loss of variety, that way they can give them lots of story focus.

persona's hardly the only series to do this, where there's this huge cast to try to cast as wide a net as possible in people's interest
but i would be super down for condensing all that screen time and resources down to a core group and being able to properly flesh them out

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked what the first DeSu did which, for the most part was just MC, Otakuro and Yohoo with the occasional 4th party member and you gained a lot of insight on your party members little by little.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yinlock posted:

Akechi is also an unrepentant mass murderer. His character is there to fit the theme of "old people are monsters" by showing how they twist the younger generation and use them as tools to keep living comfortably, yes, but he himself is still a pretty big piece of poo poo.

Adachi is also a huge piece of poo poo but he acknowledges that on some level in the end and is willingly serving a life sentence because of it.
Adachi is also, an attempted rapist, and at no point does he say 'sorry for all those rapes' just 'huh i guess friendship CAN be good'

i feel like people are missing the rapist part. akechi killed people sure but he's also, 15 years old, and desperate to be approved of by his father figure who has abused him his whole life. not that that makes murder cool, but. his brain is literally not fully formed. he does not have the mind of an adult. his faculties are not fully capable of grasping what he's doing. because he is a child. a child who was also never really given a chance to develop normally socially. unlike adachi, who is a fully functioning adult with a fairly normal upbringing, who decided to do a rape.

also makoto is consistent? lady went from angry punch girl to boring strategist student council girl but she still does the angry punch thing in gameplay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think any of the Persona 5 cast had consistent characters. They all had a couple traits but the game barely cared about showing them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk if im gonna debate the brain development of a fictional dude that can summon Robin Hood from his mind

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Akechi is the unrepentant murderer of Futaba's mom, and I feel like that's all that needs to be said.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m not saying Adachi is a good guy and I don’t think anyone is lmao. I’m saying Akechi was a poor successor.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
for all p5's writing faults akechi was considerably more interesting than adachi was even if the game up and forgot about him for the entire last act

cackling nihilists who do lovely things because "bored i guess" are so overdone

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adachi should've just straight-up been Yoshikage Kira.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I like Adachi because I like anyone that looks like Matsuda

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I mean PQ set the characters to a point where certain devastating things hadn’t happened yet including the P4 cast not knowing who the murderer was yet.

I’d fully expect Q2 will set the events to around the Sae dungeon so while Akechi will have done all the bad things no one will know it yet. He has cool primary personas and cool weapons and a cool design ok yes I’m one of the girls who just thinks he’s cute and I plan to use him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Let us play as Minako and fix him!!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Let us play as Minako and fix him!!

A bullet in the back of the head will fix him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Funky Valentine posted:

Adachi should've just straight-up been Yoshikage Kira.

Might as well just make a DiU RPG at that point.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hunt11 posted:

A bullet in the back of the head will fix him.

That would just summon his persona

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Might as well just make a DiU RPG at that point.

Since there would only be like 4 women in the whole game (one dead, one married, one obsessed with your best friend, and your mom) you'd finally get to date boys. And there wouldn't be any Best Boy arguments, since everyone would correctly pick Okuyasu.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
what if they pick koichi

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Angry Yukako. And possibly Jotaro.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7645-persona-q-2-new-cinema-labyrinth-all-character-artwork

FEMC is officially known as P3P Hero(ine?)

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 27, 2018

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Where does it say that?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MegaZeroX posted:

Where does it say that?

One picture has "P3P 主人公" as a name.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MegaZeroX posted:

Where does it say that?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also confirmed through the shots that she's a party member in some capacity.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
sounds like you havent been watching the trailers since you see her in an all out attack in naoto's trailer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is is P3P her first name or family name.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

Is is P3P her first name or family name.

It’s an honorific

Glah
Jun 21, 2005
So it seem like Atlus is considering porting or remaking Nocturne/Lucifer's Call: https://personacentral.com/smt-v-developer-interview-smt-iii-port-remake/

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Glah posted:

So it seem like Atlus is considering porting or remaking Nocturne/Lucifer's Call: https://personacentral.com/smt-v-developer-interview-smt-iii-port-remake/

Dare I dream with this being talked about close to the DMC5 announcement that they'll somehow have both Raidou and Dante in it?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Glah posted:

Please let it be on the switch. :pray:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Law: Raidou edition
Chaos: Dante edition
Neutral: Yu Narukami edition

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bogart posted:

Law: Raidou edition
Chaos: Dante edition
Neutral: Charlie Tunoku edition
FTFY

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Not everyone knows the true way of popularity > intimacy. I was speaking for the layman.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nocturne was fun and had rad world/level designs, and I'd love to see it in HD . It will also be funny to see all the new people who have "why can't metroid crawl" type reactions to meeting with a certain skeletal spaniard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
It'd track considering how much they're talking about evoking Nocturne's feel for SMT5. If it looks like there's a good chunk of development time left this would be a good introduction/holdover, especially for people who are only familiar with Persona.