Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It’s a great movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

X-O posted:

The Ice Cream Man is out, just grabbed it. Trailer looks amazing, can't wait to watch it tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoV7Z0IFMho

I remember seeing this on the shelf at Blockbuster next to Jack Frost.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They finally remember to turn off the coupon. I just wait to get it the next holiday 15% coupon, since those seem to happen every few weeks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They turned Kickstarterlove off a few weeks back. It was good all the months while it lasted.

That reminds me of the guy who bragged about not backing the Kickstarter out of principal because he got nothing out of them.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Cyborg Cop 2 is free on (UK) Prime just now, so we watched it last night. One of the funnier riffs we've seen in a while; bonus was a surprise appearance of ROWSDOWER! which me and I think Kevin shouted out at the same time.

ETA Just watched the Ice Cream Man riff -- this looks like a dream cast to me -- Clint Howard, Jan-Michael Vincent, and never-turn-down-a-role David Warner (one of the greats of that British 'take-the-paycheck' generation, along with Donald Pleasance).

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 18, 2018

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Ice Cream Man.

Did Frank Zappa rise from the grave and make a movie with John Waters?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I wrote up a big RiffTrax Live guide. Now I feel like watching Miami Connection all over again.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Great guide! Gonna go watch Anaconda again, that was a hell of a show.

(The just the jokes version, anyways)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Rirse posted:

They finally remember to turn off the coupon. I just wait to get it the next holiday 15% coupon, since those seem to happen every few weeks.

There will be probably another coupon or two this Thursday

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gavok posted:

I wrote up a big RiffTrax Live guide. Now I feel like watching Miami Connection all over again.

drat, hard to believe the Time Chasers show was over 2 years ago.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Krull tonight, with a replay on Saturday.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
People in the line for Rifftrax are arguing over other people who are autistic.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
First ones in our theater. My body is ready.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the Samurai Cop song.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
I wish these jerks would broadcast in Canada again. :smith:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Second people into this enormous theater literally sit directly in front of us.....why.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The theater I go to has reserve seating and so I don't understand how I sometimes end up with a person sitting right next to me.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

MachineryNoise posted:

I wish these jerks would broadcast in Canada again. :smith:

I’m pretty surprised they don’t offer these as IPPV streams, seems like it would be a money-maker.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I know I saw this back in the 80s, but I did not remember a single thing about it besides the glaive.

Only had a couple of glitches in the broadcast. Otherwise, a decent riffing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
“Hi, what the hell am I doin’ here.”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krull is a weird movie. They obviously had a budget but it really feels like they blew it all pretty quickly. So that's how you end up with a movie where the hero never meets anyone who isn't a main cast member and never actually goes anywhere outside of random wilderness. Also he gets a magical weapon that he isn't allowed to use until the very end of the movie and it breaks fairly quickly and is replaced by a much cheaper effect.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this! posted:

Krull is a weird movie. They obviously had a budget but it really feels like they blew it all pretty quickly. So that's how you end up with a movie where the hero never meets anyone who isn't a main cast member and never actually goes anywhere outside of random wilderness. Also he gets a magical weapon that he isn't allowed to use until the very end of the movie and it breaks fairly quickly and is replaced by a much cheaper effect.

And why even have the sci-fi laser guns that are also swords?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've seen Krull before but I don't recall it being such a hard watch. I don't know if it was because I was tired but that's the first Riff where I've fallen asleep.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Its really strange because where the budget is blown is on things that ultimately arent the adventure. Like every single second with the green robed wizard and the multiple deaths it causes has no purpose to the movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

This I wll defend to the end because the completely unexplained slug alien robot pilot laser sword users are the single most inspired thing in the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It seems like the big thing they blew money on was the opening fight scene because they have a bunch of guys in guard costumes and then also a whole lot of guys in Slayer costumes as well. Then all the guards die and you never see those costumes again.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've seen Krull before but I don't recall it being such a hard watch. I don't know if it was because I was tired but that's the first Riff where I've fallen asleep.

I remembered a lot of the individual scenes but I had completely blanked on how much padding there was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the opening guards have genunely pretty cool and unique outfits and then Calver or whatever the guy whose name isnt Krull doesnt recruit them and instead the one, single posse of random highwaymen are the only people he ropes into his quest of “defeat intergalactc space conquerors” despite, ostensibly, being the ruler of two kingdoms.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I don't know if I missed anything of the slides, but here's what I got.

https://imgur.com/a/FFt6EGA

I also used the discount codes and my $50 credit I won from the trivia thing and finished buying the rest of the Shorts I didn't own.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What were the codes this time along with the secret page?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

What were the codes this time along with the secret page?

http://rifftrax.com/glaive

GLAIVE and COLWYN

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Canned Panda posted:

I don't know if I missed anything of the slides, but here's what I got.

https://imgur.com/a/FFt6EGA

I also used the discount codes and my $50 credit I won from the trivia thing and finished buying the rest of the Shorts I didn't own.

Thanks again + wow congrats!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Anyone else have the stream glitch out very close to the end? When our heroes were wandering the fortress it cut out for a few seconds and came back when comic relief guy was a tiger, which made for an unintentionally hilarious jump.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

Anyone else have the stream glitch out very close to the end? When our heroes were wandering the fortress it cut out for a few seconds and came back when comic relief guy was a tiger, which made for an unintentionally hilarious jump.

Yeah, it cut there for us too.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I saw some tweets about it too. Might have happened for everyone.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I couldn't make it to the showing because of a work thing. But I did briefly pretend our Polycom speakerphone at work was a glaive, despite being three blades and not five.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Robert Denby posted:

It was the tiger that escaped from the circus!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, bad movie pacing has hurt riffs before, but it feels even worse in this movie than usual with all its dull hiking scenes.

They tried their best but there is only so much they can do :(

Edit: Tag urself I am the guy who gets shot off the bridge while doing a Wilhelm scream.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 24, 2018

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

Because it came out the same year as Return of the Jedi when people were still trying their best to ride that train. Speaking of, IMDB says Krull had a higher budget than RotJ which is deeply confusing and hopefully not accurate.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I'm still confused though, who was Krull? I didn't think they could make a slower-paced Lord of the Rings but Krull proved me wrong. Long shots of a flying mountain, scene after scene of horse riding, and who can forget two separate acts dedicated to guys walking alone to places? Each to his fate!

Well poo poo, I do kind of want that tshirt. Thanks a lot, Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bedurndurn posted:

Because it came out the same year as Return of the Jedi when people were still trying their best to ride that train. Speaking of, IMDB says Krull had a higher budget than RotJ which is deeply confusing and hopefully not accurate.

It is, the movie was in production for 3 years and multiple instances of having to rebuild sets after a script change, one such change being that the Slayers weren’t aliens but time travelers who went back in time to conquer the world. Supposedly, and this might just be rumors that grew over time, a lot of the really far away shots of travel were reshoots of extras in the costumes to pad the ran time after they had to cut some scenes.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 24, 2018