Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Len posted:

The mystery machine is an APC loaded with weapons.

The best thing it did was make Fred the damsel and Daphne the leader
Oh god that sounds like the most tone deaf by the numbers committee poo poo i've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It won't top Scoobynatural that's for sure.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Flintstones comic goes about the best route in basically being brutal and absurd social satire from the perspective of building society from the ground up, with all the dirty and arbitrary bits of civilisation, politics, religion and capitalism involved. Though key thing is that it technically stays within the same context as the original show, it just looks at things differently.

Also, the Great Gazoo is actually pretty good in it.
Flintstones ended a bit too flat for my tastes, it was very much just "ah poo poo the line got cancelled, well wrap it up". I did like how the Great Gazoo was more or less a game warden who has to watch the primitive earth so other alien races won't just have another wild party on a developing planet and I also enjoyed the critique of violent right-wing populism (up until more real life stuff happened at least). The look into the social class of the "it's a living!" animal appliances was also interesting.

I should check out the Snagglepuss comic but I'm seconding the comment that Batman vs. Elmer Fudd was somehow wildly enjoyable.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I can't tell if you're joking. :geno:

Fact checked: True
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-meets-looney-tunes-2017/catwomantweety-and-sylvester-special-1

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Flash has a crossover with Speed Buggy, where Speed is a vehicle invented by a scientist to traverse the Speed Force, but crazy-Flash-speed-force stuff happens and the scientist gets fused into the buggy's AI.

Then the buggy gives itself to the scientist's daughter and doesn't tell her, but she does hang out with her boyfriend a lot, so there's a high chance she had sex in the back of her dad.

Captain Caveman is transported to the future as part of a wager between Phantom Stranger and Shazam the Wizard (As opposed to Shazam the hero) to prove that heroism is intrinsic to mankind, even a man who grew up without modern society.

The super-sons cross over with Blue Falcon and Dynamutt in a surprisingly touching story about learning to cope with loss.

Edit: Oh, and this image speaks for itself.

Elfface has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Aug 23, 2018

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

PYF Comics: a high chance she had sex in the back of her dad

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Antivehicular posted:

Montague Tigg has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Aug 25, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

I loving lost it at this point

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:smithicide:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Thanks to this thread i got around to reading snagglepuss last night. It's fantastic. Really. Though it's clear that the author is just plugging in HB animals into the roles to make anyone care about his story of being famous and gay right at the height of the red scare.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I love this guy's stuff. He gets way more poo poo than is warranted to be honest.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Ya'll got any more of them bird comics?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Choco1980 posted:

Thanks to this thread i got around to reading snagglepuss last night. It's fantastic. Really. Though it's clear that the author is just plugging in HB animals into the roles to make anyone care about his story of being famous and gay right at the height of the red scare.

I mean, that's basically what cartoon animals are FOR, to be plugged into any role and setting that vaguely suits them pretty much as actors.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Ya'll got any more of them bird comics?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

cash crab posted:

I love this guy's stuff. He gets way more poo poo than is warranted to be honest.

Why does he get poo poo?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Queen bird comic

This is a good comic. MORE BIRD COMICS!

EDIT: MORE BIRD COMICS

Slimy Hog has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Aug 24, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wendell posted:

Why does he get poo poo?

I don't know who he is I just saw that comic and the concept of someone already having a plan in motion to drown the Statue of Liberty was funny to me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wendell posted:

Why does he get poo poo?

He's killed a woman in 1997.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

CzarChasm posted:

Because to express outward emotion is improper. You must remain stoic and impervious at all times. Therefore, when you love someone in a manga story, it has to be a secret. Then, you get to confess to the crime of having feelings or possibly the worst crime of all, not being some kind of soulless husk.

Did that sound racist? It's not meant to be.
https://francesandlynne.wordpress.com/jane-austens-pride-and-prejudice-manga/ It's true though

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

lofi posted:

Why is love 'confessed' in manga, I've never understood that.

It's not just in manga. In real life, in Japan it's pretty much expected that to become an 'official' couple, one person confesses their love (kokuhaku) to the other. It's a formality, so just bowing and saying you like the person is enough, but you can also do it in a more romantic fashion. It's also okay to just pass a note that says 'I like you', but confessing via an email or a text message would be considered a faux pas. It's pretty silly, but, again, it's a real thing.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

I wanted to find more comics by this artists, so I did a google image search and got this:

What. the. gently caress.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Birds don't even have tiddies.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Push El Burrito posted:

Birds don't even have tiddies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_(bird)

:colbert:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brewmaster posted:

I wanted to find more comics by this artists, so I did a google image search and got this:

... and you didn't go to the url in the corner of the comic? The one to the artists website?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Paladinus posted:

It's not just in manga. In real life, in Japan it's pretty much expected that to become an 'official' couple, one person confesses their love (kokuhaku) to the other. It's a formality, so just bowing and saying you like the person is enough, but you can also do it in a more romantic fashion. It's also okay to just pass a note that says 'I like you', but confessing via an email or a text message would be considered a faux pas. It's pretty silly, but, again, it's a real thing.

turappu suparungu

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Krankenstyle posted:

turappu suparungu

Reverse card open.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Brewmaster posted:

it's because this edit ended up being a widespread meme

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Reverse card open.

is that like a counterspell..?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Brewmaster posted:

Huh. Well that's a thing I guess.

Edit: Beaten shoulda reloaded.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Croatoan has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Aug 24, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Croatoan posted:

Huh. Well that's a thing I guess.

Edit: Beaten shoulda reloaded.

WHAT?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Being a tiddy isn't the same as having tiddies.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Arrhythmia posted:

... and you didn't go to the url in the corner of the comic? The one to the artists website?

That was my next step. But I thought it would be easier to just right click and have the website pop up. Little did I know that the internet had already ruined this particular thing. Thanks internet. This is why we can't have nice things.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Post your favourite comic with the same punchline as before

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mezzanine posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Post your favourite comic with the same punchline as before

Would be better without the penultimate panel

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Would be better without the penultimate panel

Naw cut the last panel

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

keep the panels, gas yall