Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm a Jason fan but Medea is also my spirit servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No joke, a magical girl costume for boys would be funny and cool. Like Magical Kidgamesh or something.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gologle posted:

You know, for an event that was touted as female only, I sure am still clearing plenty of house with my regular rear end farming team comprised mostly of males and a support raikou.

It's not that it's female only, you just clean house faster with them for this event with the CEs/if they got a bonus boost like Mash or Helena

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Beat Medea, got a ticket, which got me Illya. :v:

...gently caress my Caster gems. :negative:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Gologle posted:

Although I don't like the overall story or tone of a lot of stuff in this event, I did actually enjoy this rendition of Jason. If he had been this way from the beginning maybe he would have fans.

You say that like he doesn't already

We always need a punching bag

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MonsieurChoc posted:

No joke, a magical girl costume for boys would be funny and cool. Like Magical Kidgamesh or something.

Pretty sure Ilya has a fantasy about this when you encounter Astolfo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad I got Illya just because I've reunited the whole goddamned family now.

Let's just pretend they're all happy.:allears:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Another summoning ticket. Gold orbs! Caster card!!!!

NP4 Nursery Rhyme

:suicide:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Although I don't like the overall story or tone of a lot of stuff in this event, I did actually enjoy this rendition of Jason. If he had been this way from the beginning maybe he would have fans.

I'm enjoying the story so far, but that's because I love it when Magical Girls are actually child soldiers roaming the battlefield.

The world calls for sparkles, and we answer. No greater good. No just cause. The First Lady sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper. We're already kiss demons.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shinjobi posted:

I'm glad I got Illya just because I've reunited the whole goddamned family now.

Let's just pretend they're all happy.:allears:

Getting into Chaldea is the best thing that could have happened to EMIYA. We're saving the world, we're not nuking half a continent to do it, and we even manage to have low collateral damage.
Also cooking for the like 10 Arturia variants there. A chef can really appreciate an eager and captive audience.

Pureauthor posted:

The Magical Boy of Bikes and GOLDEN has been doing a lot of work for me.

Magical Boy of Bears and Carps GOLDEN*GOLDEN.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I kinda wish FGO had more collab events, if only because it's neat to have the soundtrack completely swapped out for pulls from the source material.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Motto posted:

I kinda wish FGO had more collab events, if only because it's neat to have the soundtrack completely swapped out for pulls from the source material.

well, that's probably a reason there aren't so many collabs. copyright stuff on music is probably a pain in the rear end

there's also the matter of lacking a lot to collab with if they're sticking with T-M stuff. I could see a Last Encore and Extella Link-related event in the near-ish future, and maybe a Heaven's Feel one when all the movies are out? but besides the obvious in Tsukihime, and maybe a totally off the wall choice like a Zvezda collab, there's not a ton of stuff left that T-M's had a hand in

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Depending on how unlucky we are I could see collabs happening with Fate/school life, Capsule Servant, or worst of all Notes.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh we are definitely due those Himuro's World people showing up

Lancer Mitochondrial Eve is like, my favorite thing

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

oh we are definitely due those Himuro's World people showing up

Lancer Mitochondrial Eve is like, my favorite thing

Parasite Eve?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

Depending on how unlucky we are I could see collabs happening with Fate/school life, Capsule Servant, or worst of all Notes.

oh no, not those things..........................

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
if granblue was able to get a p5 collab...

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Pureauthor posted:

The Magical Boy of Bikes and GOLDEN has been doing a lot of work for me.

Similarly, the best magical girl Cu Chulainn Alter has been putting in a ton of work for me as well...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

atelier morgan posted:

oh, they absolutely could, it's just not something they're interested in. nasu said that he found the prillya rights situation kind of constraining, and that's just part of the same IP having some other hands involved.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they could pick one of the handful of fate comics, but i suppose that doesn't really bring new music to the table.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

atelier morgan posted:

Granblue also doesn't fuss much about justifying any consistency of it's world building. Like how does Alchemy differ from Magic and how does that compare with the weird moon-alien, zombie making Magitek and how does that differ from Primal zombie making? gently caress it, Idol's are all a dream woooooo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

they could pick one of the handful of fate comics, but i suppose that doesn't really bring new music to the table.
also theyve already crossed over with and referenced 90% of the fate comics. enkidu is technically from strange fake, there's references to case files of el melloi, etc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

also theyve already crossed over with and referenced 90% of the fate comics. enkidu is technically from strange fake, there's references to case files of el melloi, etc.

do you think the servants and such they've taken from the comics would preclude having a full event though?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Alphard and Kate 5* servants sounds good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

dogsicle posted:

do you think the servants and such they've taken from the comics would preclude having a full event though?

We have 3 Guda events, characters based on a gag comic

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

We have 3 Guda events, characters based on a gag comic

Gudaguda still has huge numbers of characters who haven't been added to FGO yet, though. With some of the other alternatives pretty much every character is already in the game in some form so it gets hard to find candidates for new servants to introduce in the event.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

I mean we haven't even had a Hollow Ataraxia event yet I feel like that should happen before anything.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Trihugger posted:

Granblue also doesn't fuss much about justifying any consistency of it's world building. Like how does Alchemy differ from Magic and how does that compare with the weird moon-alien, zombie making Magitek and how does that differ from Primal zombie making? gently caress it, Idol's are all a dream woooooo.

that's fair, the almost-but-not-quite consistent nature of f/go is part of the fun

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I need a Prototype event so I can roll for Proto-Gil. Hell, we got 2 of the servants from there already.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just get some more VN collaborations.

Where's the Umineko or Zero Escape events

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still want a Super Robot Wars crossover with Caster Shu Shirakawa and Saber (or Rider) Masaki Andoh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2lxNahQ_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WmeIKO4vI

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Just get some more VN collaborations.

Where's the Umineko or Zero Escape events

would 100% unironically whale big big bucks for Caster or Alter-Ego BEATORIIICHE, type-moon would you get on this poo poo already!!!!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

I mean we haven't even had a Hollow Ataraxia event yet I feel like that should happen before anything.

A generalised post-Fate event would make sense, maybe not based on FHA specifically but drawing on the same loose composite future that it, Emiya Gohan and Carnival Phantasm do. Bazett is probably popular and powerful enough to work as a playable guide character, a la Shiki, and it'd be a perfect opportunity for them to add Medusa's casual costume and again fail to add Cu's Hawaiian shirt. I'm not sure who the other new servant would be, though, since I doubt they'd do a collab with just one. Maybe a Karen pseudo-servant, I guess? Or something dumb like a 5* Angra?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Solovey posted:

would 100% unironically whale big big bucks for Caster or Alter-Ego BEATORIIICHE, type-moon would you get on this poo poo already!!!!

Ruler Kinzo is where it's at

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ledgy posted:

Ruler Kinzo is where it's at

Why do people keep looking at characters defined around their hunt for ultimate magical power and saying "yes, this person seems like a good candidate to be a Ruler"? It's all Amakusa's fault, isn't it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they've pretty much explicitly said they're never going to do collabs with non type-moon properties, ever

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

NRVNQSR posted:

Why do people keep looking at characters defined around their hunt for ultimate magical power and saying "yes, this person seems like a good candidate to be a Ruler"? It's all Amakusa's fault, isn't it?

I dunno man I just think ruler's a cool class for people in positions of extreme authority

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Endorph posted:

they've pretty much explicitly said they're never going to do collabs with non type-moon properties, ever

RIP my dream of a Devil May Cry collab that is just an excuse to have Dante Alighieri as both Ruler and Avenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ledgy posted:

I dunno man I just think ruler's a cool class for people in positions of extreme authority

If anyone in Umineko is a ruler it's Featherine

Kinzo is a berserker