Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Krankenstyle posted:

what dinosaurs :confused:

Crocodiles/Alligators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9DjLG8paU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Great channel

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pookah posted:

Thought 'King of the Jungle' was the highest rank.

Big mistake.

Not in the jungle, no home field advantage

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion shits bricks tonight.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Crocodiles/Alligators

:wrong:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ostrich

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:hai:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

TheBigAristotle posted:

S-tier channel

ftfy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The White Tornado

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Extremely lucky to be alive god drat.

What impresses me is that hippo was in control. Absolutely could have killed that lion and chose not to.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The hippo wants the lion to go back to all her friends and tell them do not gently caress with this hippo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

What impresses me is that hippo was in control. Absolutely could have killed that lion and chose not to.

Yeah the fact that lion's head wasn't instantly crushed surprised the poo poo outta me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maybe lion tastes bad to hippos.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It would be hippocritical to kill for no reason.

And I ain't lion.

.............I'll show myself out.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gotta go fast

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Have you not heard of the Hippocratic oath?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

First, do harm.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Bertrand Hustle posted:

First, do harm.

It's actually 'First, dino harm.'

At last we know what killed the dinosaurs; hangry, hangry hippos.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is there any old timey big hippos from the cool age after dinosaurs when nature said let's try all of everything

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gotta go fast

https://i.imgur.com/A8aE4Xt.mp4

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just noticed that he doesn't jump from one trampoline to another to do his badass flippydos, but bounces twice on the same tramp.

The control one must have to stop the forward momentum after running, and then to do it all again and stick the landing!

I mean, bloke is no hippo, but he's OK I guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Flippy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

verbal enema posted:

is there any old timey big hippos from the cool age after dinosaurs when nature said let's try all of everything

Nah, they pretty much went the other way. Apparently there were a whole bunch of teeny little dwarf hippos around the Mediterranean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_hippopotamus#Extinct_pygmy_and_dwarf_hippos

But there were other weird creatures that weren't related to hippos but looked a whole lot like them, like this goofy fucker:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmostylia

One of them was named Paleoparadoxia which loosely translates to "Holy poo poo, we have no loving idea what this goddamn thing is"

Edit: have a hula hooper
https://i.imgur.com/D1hzifl.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:05 on Aug 27, 2018

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/MuslimIQ/status/1034417277402324995

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(he was reunited with his family, and went on to be a successful minister and his daughter was interviewed in the 30s for the Slave Narratives Project)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ekuNNN posted:

(he was reunited with his family, and went on to be a successful minister and his daughter was interviewed in the 30s for the Slave Narratives Project)

God drat this may take the cake for most badass thing I've seen/read in this thread.

Its like an old timey version of that scene from Pulp Fiction:

'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know
My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee'

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

That's a slightly embellished flying armbar, a real move that's used in MMA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gQyev03EI

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ekuNNN posted:

Reminded me of this sardonic masterpiece:

quote:

Dayton, Ohio,

August 7, 1865

To My Old Master, Colonel P.H. Anderson, Big Spring, Tennessee

Sir: I got your letter, and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again, promising to do better for me than anybody else can. I have often felt uneasy about you. I thought the Yankees would have hung you long before this, for harboring Rebs they found at your house. I suppose they never heard about your going to Colonel Martin's to kill the Union soldier that was left by his company in their stable. Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt, and am glad you are still living. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again, and see Miss Mary and Miss Martha and Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this. I would have gone back to see you all when I was working in the Nashville Hospital, but one of the neighbors told me that Henry intended to shoot me if he ever got a chance.

I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here. I get twenty-five dollars a month, with victuals and clothing; have a comfortable home for Mandy,—the folks call her Mrs. Anderson,—and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. They go to Sunday school, and Mandy and me attend church regularly. We are kindly treated. Sometimes we overhear others saying, "Them colored people were slaves" down in Tennessee. The children feel hurt when they hear such remarks; but I tell them it was no disgrace in Tennessee to belong to Colonel Anderson. Many darkeys would have been proud, as I used to be, to call you master. Now if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again.

As to my freedom, which you say I can have, there is nothing to be gained on that score, as I got my free papers in 1864 from the Provost-Marshal-General of the Department of Nashville. Mandy says she would be afraid to go back without some proof that you were disposed to treat us justly and kindly; and we have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores, and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor's visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy, and the balance will show what we are in justice entitled to. Please send the money by Adams's Express, in care of V. Winters, Esq., Dayton, Ohio. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future. We trust the good Maker has opened your eyes to the wrongs which you and your fathers have done to me and my fathers, in making us toil for you for generations without recompense. Here I draw my wages every Saturday night; but in Tennessee there was never any pay-day for the negroes any more than for the horses and cows. Surely there will be a day of reckoning for those who defraud the laborer of his hire.

In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. You know how it was with poor Matilda and Catherine. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education, and have them form virtuous habits.

Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.

From your old servant,

Jourdon Anderson.

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/01/to-my-old-master.html

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I say God drat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clara Belle Drisdale Williams [1885-1993] was the first African-American graduate of New Mexico State University. Many of her professors would not allow her inside the classroom, she had to take notes from the hallway; she was also not allowed to walk with her class to get her diploma. She married Jasper Williams in 1917; their three sons became physicians. She became a great teacher of black students by day, and by night she taught their parents, former slaves, home economics. In 1961, New Mexico State University named a street on its campus after Williams; in 2005 the building of the English department was renamed Clara Belle Williams Hall. In 1980 Williams was awarded an honorary doctorate of laws degree by NMSU, which also apologized for the treatment she was subjected to as a student. She died at 108 years old.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

drat, that is a life well lived.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

ekuNNN posted:

Clara Belle Drisdale Williams [1885-1993] was the first African-American graduate of New Mexico State University. Many of her professors would not allow her inside the classroom, she had to take notes from the hallway; she was also not allowed to walk with her class to get her diploma. She married Jasper Williams in 1917; their three sons became physicians. She became a great teacher of black students by day, and by night she taught their parents, former slaves, home economics. In 1961, New Mexico State University named a street on its campus after Williams; in 2005 the building of the English department was renamed Clara Belle Williams Hall. In 1980 Williams was awarded an honorary doctorate of laws degree by NMSU, which also apologized for the treatment she was subjected to as a student. She died at 108 years old.

Bad rear end.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An OK Go video I haven't seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgmxMuW6Fsc

E: On the subject of cool music video, I've always liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfnPCymwl9k

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Sep 1, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Say Nothing posted:

An OK Go video I haven't seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgmxMuW6Fsc

E: On the subject of cool music video, I've always liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfnPCymwl9k

I love that OK Go video so much

but my favorite of theirs is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs

mostly because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV4FLlzCrlc

e: I love dogs, but also I get so frustrated by dogs when I watch those outtakes. Like. You lovable, loving morons. Please do this right so the humans can go home and rest.

StrixNebulosa has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Sep 2, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I'm super OK with these guys getting sponsorships that facilitate their insane music videos. The one for Needing/Getting with the rally track and the musical instruments was high art.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

This is also badass and goes right along with that.