Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:hfive:

obummer years sucked, only willfully dense people didnt see how no problems were being fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the trump supporter has logged on to tell us that racism doesn't real

:psyduck: Saying a poor white guy has less privilege than a rich black guy is denying racism?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pharohman777 posted:

:psyduck: Saying a poor white guy has less privilege than a rich black guy is denying racism?

if only there was a word... for there being more than one system that you can get hosed over by...

that "intersected" in some way...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

super sweet best pal posted:

No war but class war.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

you have come so far since cheerleading for the charlottesville nazis beating up black people

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

if only there was a word... for there being more than one system that you can get hosed over by...

that "intersected" in some way...

So racism means a poor white guy is more privileged than a rich black guy. I'm sure that privilege is comforting to the poor.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pharohman777 posted:

So racism means a poor white guy is more privileged than a rich black guy. I'm sure that privilege is comforting to the poor.

who's more privileged, a straight black man or a gay white woman

sorry, man. the #woke #brands are coming from inside your head

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pharohman777 posted:

The original argument was that a lot of people, not just wealthy cishet Christian whites, were blind to institutional oppression, and this is how we ended up with TErmup in the White House. You're turning it into a WHAT ABOUT THE WHITES argument. Intersectionality includes class and acknowledges poverty as an absolute crushing injustice, but you sticking your neck out to remind everyone that not all whites are rich is a red flag that you're full of poo poo.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Brother Entropy posted:

it's a very pre-2016 show, i still have some fondness for it because it's hilarious and heartwarming but the dumb politics of it are a lot harder to look past now

leslie knope is 100% how Hillary Clinton sees herself

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
im woker than thou art

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Paladinus posted:

I'm privileged to never have watched a single episode of Parks and Recs or whatever it's called.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Pharohman777 posted:

An easy way to tell if someone understands what privilege actually is; is to ask if a homeless white guy has more privilege than Ben Carson.

Strictly speaking, there isn't really a "more" privilege. It would be closer to say "more privileges."

Like how a D&D character doesn't have "more feat," but as they grow more powerful they have more "feats."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

Strictly speaking, there isn't really a "more" privilege. It would be closer to say "more privileges."

Like how a D&D character doesn't have "more feat," but as they grow more powerful they have more "feats."

I too wish to help fewer privileged children

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chillgamesh posted:

The original argument was that a lot of people, not just wealthy cishet Christian whites, were blind to institutional oppression, and this is how we ended up with TErmup in the White House. You're turning it into a WHAT ABOUT THE WHITES argument. Intersectionality includes class and acknowledges poverty as an absolute crushing injustice, but you sticking your neck out to remind everyone that not all whites are rich is a red flag that you're full of poo poo.

Problem is most people who used words like 'intersectionality' absolutely didn't, and were the first ones to complain about Bernie Bros 'putting economic justice before social justice'.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Tunicate posted:

I too wish to help fewer privileged children

"Having white privilege" isn't the same thing as "being economically secure." However, economic security is a right, rather than a privilege.

Not acknowledging this results in helping fewer children.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

"Having white privilege" isn't the same thing as "being economically secure." However, economic security is a right, rather than a privilege.

Not acknowledging this results in helping fewer children.

However, it's really convenient for Democrats who want to look like saints for not opposing abortion and gay marriage while also pleasing their wealthy donors in the health insurance lobby!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFLCIO/status/1033089499310514176

https://twitter.com/AmtrakCouncil/status/1033069631269990400

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/PapaJohns/status/1033062371928035328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

:barf:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"i'm going to support my local pizza place now"

lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I was in DC yesterday to pick up a gigantic infused birthday cake for a friend's birthday and also buy some weed and I saw the DTF OkCupid signs

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
oppression olympics is loving stupid, knock that poo poo off ya'll

Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act posted:

I was in DC yesterday to pick up a gigantic infused birthday cake for a friend's birthday and also buy some weed and I saw the DTF OkCupid signs

i hate seeing them so much

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Frog Act posted:

whenever i go into a subway car and see these ads, i either move to the other side of the train so i don't have to see them or get on the next car. never forget, chelsea clinton is on the board of whatever company is the parent of okcupid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

whenever i go into a subway car and see these ads, i either move to the other side of the train so i don't have to see them or get on the next car. never forget, chelsea clinton is on the board of whatever company is the parent of okcupid

had to google this and wow, this interview is insuffrable

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronkwittken/2018/02/13/long-before-metoo-okcupid-conceived-of-a-brilliant-ad-campaign-redefining-dtf/

Dec 26, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

never forget, chelsea clinton is on the board of whatever company is the parent of okcupid

lol of course

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why is chelsea still getting board sinecures when bribing her family is now a waste of money instead of a rational investment like it was pre-2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think she's being groomed to be the new Abuela when her mother gets too old to run.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

why is chelsea still getting board sinecures when bribing her family is now a waste of money instead of a rational investment like it was pre-2016

I think she's being groomed to be the new Abuela when her mother gets too old to run.

Probably some kind of give-a-nepotism, take-a-nepotism, they'll give her a free ride on the condition she gives a free ride to future failsons

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hillary will transfer her brain to Chelsea's body, and then to the body of Chelsea's daughter (if/when she has one) once Chelsea gets old.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

p much, or waiting for the heat to die down around the name

quote:

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton announced Monday she is a "definite maybe" to run for political office in the future, saying she is "outraged every day by something our president has done or said or left undone or neglected."

"At the federal level, as much as I abhor so much of what President Trump is doing, I have a great amount of gratitude for what my congresswoman and my senators are doing to try to stop him at every point,” Clinton told attendees.

"I think I’m just so fundamentally my mother’s daughter that I’m far more outraged by the Trump administration ripping children away from their families at the border and not having reunified those children with their families now for months, than I am about anything he has ever done to my families,” she added. 

“I think my family ... is being really well represented," Clinton said. "But if that were to change, if my city councillor were to retire, if my congresswoman were to retire, my senators, and I thought that I could make a positive impact, then I think I would really have to ask my answer to that question."

She clarified: “For me it’s a definite 'no' now, but it’s a definite 'maybe' in the future because who knows what the future is going to bring."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
She's qualified to do lots of things. Campaign for her family, bat for business interests, run lovely news sites. Don't box her in.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Ytlaya posted:

Hillary will transfer her brain to Chelsea's body, and then to the body of Chelsea's daughter (if/when she has one) once Chelsea gets old.

she deserves it
its her time

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/BurgerKing/status/1032986773843050496

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Juicy.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BostonReview/status/1034464634810589186

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"You cannot change who you are attracted to."

vs

"Being heterosexual is stupid."

That article is one thing, but that tweet is tumblr level stupid.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I encourage all bostoners to never procreate

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

childfree is extremely woke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Even the article is stupid, this is the main quote:

quote:

Pregnancy is a form of body modification so extreme that its result is another person. In this, it resembles sex change.

Why.