Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think many people would use bluetooth even if it’s an option but it’s not like there is a real reason to not include it. No one gets pissy at iPhone for their lovely Bluetooth not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think many people would use bluetooth even if it’s an option but it’s not like there is a real reason to not include it. No one gets pissy at iPhone for their lovely Bluetooth not working.

But the only reason I use it on my iphone is for music and audiobooks, which don't require it to be in sync. I mean it's awful sometimes and drops out randomly if I like swing my arm past my phone sometimes, but it's handy for simple things. I just can't see pairing my headset to my switch and carrying two headsets around. (I know you can pair a device to multiple bluetooth devices depending on the device, and mine supports it, but has anyone REALLY gotten that to work well?)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I said no one complained about the iPhone not that the bluetooths have no issues. If your having issues of course your going to look it up to try and fix it. Doesn’t mean you blame your iPhone.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Wait do you not know that your ipad can delay the video to account for audio lag and that such a compensation is impossible when there are user interactions involved?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

iPhone Bluetooth specifically used a different standard in purpose to further anchor people to the platform

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RZA Encryption posted:

Wait do you not know that your ipad can delay the video to account for audio lag and that such a compensation is impossible when there are user interactions involved?
That’s just an excuse and a rather lame one at that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RZA Encryption posted:

I use my AirPods on PC and don't notice any lag. I've tried lovely knockoff earbuds before and they lag like crazy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

That’s just an excuse and a rather lame one at that.

It’s actually just not true.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Folks, help. I have sinned against Nintendo and need to pay for those sins. Please tell me the worst games to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Don't suggest good games, please! If I accidentally play a good game I might get arrested.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I still can't believe people are so against 3.5 earbuds. Even a lovely 10 dollar set will have far superior audio than anything on Bluetooth. And you don't even have to charge them!

Y'all are crazy and are too far down the "no cables for life!" rabbit hole.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kirios posted:

I still can't believe people are so against 3.5 earbuds. Even a lovely 10 dollar set will have far superior audio than anything on Bluetooth.

That's not true.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mega64 posted:

Folks, help. I have sinned against Nintendo and need to pay for those sins. Please tell me the worst games to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Don't suggest good games, please! If I accidentally play a good game I might get arrested.

Bomberman R.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

I still can't believe people are so against 3.5 earbuds. Even a lovely 10 dollar set will have far superior audio than anything on Bluetooth. And you don't even have to charge them!

I doubt supreme audio fidelity is really high on the list for the guy who wants to play 20 minutes of Picross on the bus to work in the morning.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's not even that, it's a dramatic price difference for something that is more inconvenient than beneficial.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

Yeah I have some extremely decent IEMs that are as good for the Switch as they are for anything, and cheaper than most Bluetooth solutions.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

troll and i is definitely up there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

I doubt supreme audio fidelity is really high on the list for the guy who wants to play 20 minutes of Picross on the bus to work in the morning.

Yeah I think the no cords thing is gonna be a bigger deal.

The argument might work better in docked mode though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's not true.

From personal experience (granted, only up to 250 dollar Bluetooth headphones) this is absolutely the case. Wired is going to beat wireless every time, you're going to lose fidelity converting a signal to digital. It's the same concept of wired internet vs wireless but you don't even have 5Ghz to save that.

They should loving make 5 GHz headsets instead of further ruining 2.4 with Bluetooth and its FHSS nonsense. It's a garbage protocol.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 25, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How about Bootooth

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I have decent Sony Bluetooth headphones that definitely sound miles better than the incredibly cheap plastic wired earbuds my bank gave away free to children :colbert:

I think my AirPods sound really good and they’ve never lost connection even once. I read that Apple has some proprietary tech that augments the bluetooth, it seems to work well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blade Strangers gonna have reversible cover

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Three-sided paper.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cyberpunk Ash Catchem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

None of them will make it not trash tho 😢

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Waffleman_ posted:

Three-sided paper.

poo poo they've figured out how to access the forth dimension.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mega64 posted:

Gekido Kitaro's Revenge is the only game I regret purchasing. It should be a fantastic game, old school classic beatem up with a visual upgrade with a full campaign and 2 other separate modes, including a roguelite mode where you hunt down treasures in a randomly built town. But the animations for the enemies are so overpowered, it's not fun to play as they get priority over all your attacks.

Please buy it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Code of Princess looks awful. Is it?

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Mega64 posted:

A game I feel is supremely bad both because it's not good and it's a huge disappointment is Shining Resonance: Refrain.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Spellman posted:

Yeah, it sucks, and the viewing angle is bad. But get yourself this, it is the best stand I've ever owned for phones, Switch, and tablet

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Angle-Nintendo-Switch-Lamicall-Playstand/dp/B01LZAYH58
Thanks for the recommendation. That one is a bit pricier on Amazon.ca but I got this one that seems pretty much the same: https://www.amazon.ca/Funturbo-Nintendo-Multi-Angle-Adjustable-Compatible/dp/B07CGCL449. It is awesome and now I am sitting at my desk playing Mario+Rabbids with the Pro Controller.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Heath posted:

Code of Princess looks awful. Is it?

It's all right. It's a serviceable brawler if you're really thirsty for a brawler but it doesn't hold up to it's blatant inspiration (Guardian Heroes) nor some the other options you have available on other consoles. It might be the best on Switch but it's very much a 'default' kind of scenario.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

No Astro Boy cover, not buying.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

None of them will make it not trash tho 😢

I've noticed a lot of people just immediately writing Blade Strangers off. I'm not saying it's just because the game prominently features more female characters than male. But,

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I feel like that's most fighting games. in my opinion it's because it looks ugly as hell and iirc the dev doesn't have any track record on fighting games. I'll probably get it anyway though

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

^burtle posted:

I'm torn on Torna, on one hand the gameplay was fun enough that I'm down for more, but I feel like they pretty much covered the plot in the main game. Like how many more times do you need to fight Malos.

I dunno but does it help you to know that you get to play as Siren when you fight him this time? :v:

The story is supposed to be a fair bit different in terms of structure and tone according to what they've said on the treehouses, so even if you know the major plot beats it seems like it should be pretty interesting. Definitely going to be hella :smith: though. They also cut out a bunch of the most tedious stuff from XC2 (no more gacha, merc missions, town development, and by extension that means no more class system, and field checks are massively streamlined since there's no party shuffling). And instead there's a new Community system which looks more like the XC1 NPC affinity tree (sorta), and a new camping system which lets you chat with party members and craft stuff.

All that stuff plus the heavily revised combat system has got me pretty excited about it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It’s more that it’s a indie mascot fighter, which isn’t something that really would have people champing at the bit, and the most prominently featured characters have... prominent features and not much else going for them, while the interesting characters (Shovel Knight) are literally delegated to the background.

The people who like mascot fighters are already distracted by Smash, and the people who like anime tiddies are distracted by SNK Heroines, so yeah, not much of a poo poo being given about Blade Strangers.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you think Pixel or whatever he goes by now signs off on all the things the Cave Story characters get shoved into, or do Nicalis just basically own them now?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

yet none of them get rid of isaac or buff shovel knight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

asecondduck posted:

I read a post somewhere that claimed a certain Switch thread regular is among the most ignored posters on the forums.

Just sayin.

anyone who ignores guy goodbody should just go ahead and ignore me too

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looper posted:

anyone who ignores guy goodbody should just go ahead and ignore me too

hey now the only person i have ignored is that disgusting amiibo pirate who has disappeared from the thread, presumably because he has been imprisoned following his crimes against Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the ignore button is for cowards and weaklings

• Locked thread