Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

asecondduck posted:

hey now the only person i have ignored is that disgusting amiibo pirate who has disappeared from the thread, presumably because he has been imprisoned following his crimes against Nintendo

Amibo pirate? Is that a thing.

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The ignore button is just a cheap tactic to make weak threads stronger.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Amibo pirate? Is that a thing.

Why

I wasn’t being serious, I miss the esteemed doctor, but yes, amiibo piracy is a thing

People want silly cosmetics for free I guess?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is a pirated Amiibo just a figurine?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's an NFC card

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Amiibo are just physical representations of DLC. Pirating amiibo is akin to software theft. Don't @ me.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I don't recall having to drive to 5 Best Buys just to find a piece of DLC

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've already forgotten his name. Thrown into Amiibo prison and left to rot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cojawfee posted:

I've already forgotten his name. Thrown into Amiibo prison and left to rot.

The man in the iron Man mask

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kiranamos posted:

I don't recall having to drive to 5 Best Buys just to find a piece of DLC

Or having DLC create clutter in my home.

Heath posted:

Is a pirated Amiibo just a figurine?

They're just little blank NFC stickers that you can buy on Amazon.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My only experience with Bluetooth headphones is on my phone. I can see the audio delay being a big enough annoyance they decided not to allow it becuase people are idiots and won’t grasp why it’s happening.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Lol $50 cheap Chinese tablets have Bluetooth, this thread is just as bad as the switch subreddit when it comes to defending pappy Nintendo

Your justification is my favorite so far. "We're too dumb to handle Bluetooth, they're just protecting us from our slack jawed, bib-wearing asses"

E: sp

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 25, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My current solution for low latency bluetooth audio on the PS4 and Switch (but like I said, I mostly use wired) is this and this,

Only when docked though, obviously.

edit: oh and I have this also but it has really harsh highs for some reason so explosions etc in games are not pleasant to listen to.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 25, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't use Bluetooth and prefer 3.5mm but :cmon:

Don't clown now

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah and the new SoundblasterX G6 that just came out supports the Switch too so if you wanna go wired all the way there's that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

KingSlime posted:

Lol $50 cheap Chinese tablets have Bluetooth, this thread is just as bad as the switch subreddit when it comes to defending pappy Nintendo

Your justification is my favorite so far. "We're too dumb to handle Bluetooth, they're just protecting us from our slack jawed, bib-wearing asses"

Then what's Sony's excuse

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't know, you're gonna wanna consult with sony fanboys and see what mental gymnastics they have for you because also dumb as hell

Sooo in other news I'm pretty much just twiddling my thumbs til Tuesday so I can finally snag Monster Hunter...guess I'll play some Ys tonight. I need a break from dead cells

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Takoluka posted:

Then what's Sony's excuse

Probably the same as Nintendo’s.

I mean no one is saying they are uniquely dumb but this isn’t PS4 thread.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Heath posted:

Do you think Pixel or whatever he goes by now signs off on all the things the Cave Story characters get shoved into, or do Nicalis just basically own them now?

I think it turned out that Nicalis basically legalese'd their way into ownership of Cave Story. Nicalis is bad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
next three Limited Run Switch releases

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FPzero posted:

I think it turned out that Nicalis basically legalese'd their way into ownership of Cave Story. Nicalis is bad.

Nicalis is super scummy and deserves to rot in capitalist hell.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've had to buy some embarrassing games in my quest for a complete 3DS collection, but I'm glad I'm not the type of dude who buys Limited Run Games. Yeeesh.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've had to buy some embarrassing games in my quest for a complete 3DS collection, but I'm glad I'm not the type of dude who buys Limited Run Games. Yeeesh.

jesus christ, I just realized those first two are the same game. What loving kind of game could be represented by both those images?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's a knockoff Vanillaware game themed around Korean fantasy furries.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm in the minority on this but Dust is one of if not the best Metroidvanias around.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kirios posted:

I'm in the minority on this but Dust is one of if not the best Metroidvanias around.

because it has furries in it?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KingSlime posted:

The pro controller doesn’t even have a headphone jack :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nintendo has zero experience with low-latency, high bandwidth wireless technology. None.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kirios posted:

I've heard the game itself is really good but the bad art style is too high a hurdle to overcome.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It feels like Fortnite updates just make the game worse. Voice chat barely seems to work anymore, it is choppy as well as of 2 patches ago.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

antidote posted:

It feels like Fortnite updates just make the game worse. Voice chat barely seems to work anymore, it is choppy as well as of 2 patches ago.

oh no, you won't get to hear 12 year olds yelling at their mom anymore

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Dust is a good game that gets way too much poo poo for it's aesthetic because people can't see an anthropomorphic character anymore without thinking about someone wanting to gently caress it. About the worst thing I've got to say about it is that it's probably about half again too long and runs out of new and good ideas well before it crosses the finish line.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yuck

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Cojawfee posted:

I wish Nintendo would at least mention they are working on some ports like Mario Maker, the HD Zeldas and whatnot so I can stop wondering and just wait.
I think there's a good chance they straight up won't make a Super Mario Maker 2.

Why give people the keys to the kingdom again when your console is selling like hotcakes without it? They're doing so well that they could just resell people NSMBU again.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

nachos posted:

The pro controller doesn’t even have a headphone jack :(

and word on the street is that the pro controller won't work with Mario Party, it simply won't let you use it, which seems insane given that it's 2018 and all

I guess I should just be happy that aside from nintendo being nintendo, the switch owns in pretty much every other way

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I remember playing about what I assume was half of Dust years ago and enjoying the gameplay. Can't remember why I stopped playing but I stop playing games partway through all the time. :shrug: The character art aesthetic is questionable at best, very bad at worst, but the environmental design and artstyle is really good. It'd probably be a pretty good fit on Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr. Locke posted:

Dust is a good game that gets way too much poo poo for it's aesthetic because people can't see an anthropomorphic character anymore without thinking about someone wanting to gently caress it. About the worst thing I've got to say about it is that it's probably about half again too long and runs out of new and good ideas well before it crosses the finish line.

Dust's art is just plain bad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dust's art is just plain bad.

Also the writing is loving atrocious

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

antidote posted:

It looks like poo poo now and performs worse. Best of both worlds. Thanks Epic.:thumbsup:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
why y'all even playing that game though

go play some god drat hollow knight or monster hunter in four days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm playing octopath

• Locked thread