Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Australia finally managing to have a back in support during a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Grim.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Australia are bad.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

10 line out turnovers.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

reac posted:

poo poo, Folau doesn't look good though.

Folau can suck a gently caress.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

reac posted:

poo poo, Folau doesn't look good though.

gently caress Folau.

Did Latu make a single successful lineout throw at all?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
handling under pressure from both teams was pretty woeful. AB's seem to fall into this trap of throwing iffy passes when they really don't need to. It's bad for my heart.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
This game fuckin rocks

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Brodie for world player of the year.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Brodie for world player of the year.

the mullet needs a bit more time before he can truly earn that one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Chris Ashton is facing a ban after punching someone in a friendly.

Never change Chris, never change.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Godspeed, Chris Ashton

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ashton handed a seven week ban for the tip tackle at Castres. Welcome home Chris, hope you survive the experience.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Brodie Rettallick is astoundingly good

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Can Australia steal Beauden Barrett like we did with Russel Crowe? He’s a bloody genius

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

At this point I can't tell if it's the ABs being excellent or if Australia are just very bad.

E: Australia bad it is then.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 25, 2018

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Also we need him to make the bledisole even close to competitive

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro

Vaders Jester posted:

At this point I can't tell if it's the ABs being excellent or if Australia are just very bad.

¿porque no los dos?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Haha holy poo poo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

All Blacks stop, Australia's already dead!

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I hope all you Kiwis realise it’s in your best interest to stop being so drat good because Australia will only get worse and worse as rugby union dies in this country so if you ever want a competitive game again you’ve got to cripple your standouts

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

ColtMcAsskick posted:

I hope all you Kiwis realise it’s in your best interest to stop being so drat good because Australia will only get worse and worse as rugby union dies in this country so if you ever want a competitive game again you’ve got to cripple your standouts

This but really.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
We tried that back in the early 2000s and the Aussies got unbearably smug so it's your own drat fault

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Why do we even bother, lol.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I don't know how you beat the All Blacks. They don't need the ball or territory to create scoring opportunities. They're almost more dangerous defending in their own 22 than anywhere else.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

We tried that back in the early 2000s and the Aussies got unbearably smug so it's your own drat fault

Tell them to bring back Justin Marshall and Carlos Spencer back as specialty drinking coaches

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Painkiller posted:

I don't know how you beat the All Blacks. They don't need the ball or territory to create scoring opportunities. They're almost more dangerous defending in their own 22 than anywhere else.

You increase your fitness. The reason they dominate is due to other teams getting tired and people like McKenzie ripping them to shreds.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Painkiller posted:

Not being shattered after 40 minutes. It's one of the reasons Scotland managed to hang with them last time they played. Fitness is so important against them.

Being able to actually tackle helps too.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smorgasbord posted:

Pocock is the good answer to this. God what a power of work that guy gets through in a game. I was sitting watching the game with another Kiwi mate I haven't seen in years and we both were in awe of how many tackles Pocock makes, and the quality of them, for 80 minutes!

He's your reasonable human being who happens to be a god on the pitch. For a guy who wasn't born in Aussie he does a great job of representing the country and standing up for the values that I think Australia actually means to a lot of people

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ColtMcAsskick posted:

It's already too late, Rugby's fucken dead in this country by now.
Unless you're talking about that poo poo code they play north of the Murray.

Like the AFL and NRL have ascended so far beyond what the ARU is capable of by this stage that it's not funny, the Socceroos are now more of "the other National team" than the Wallabies (have arguably ever been outside of a brief window in the early 2000s) and Cricket is going to show that "As Long As We Beat The English" holds true in Australia as well.

Rugby's not going anywhere in Australia. It's stuck in the weird private school clique/canberra shaped hell it's been headed for for the last decade.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 25, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I really want to see Pocock playing for the BaaBaa's or maybe starting his own mercenary rugby team that plays by nobodies (eligibility) rules but it's own. He deserves to see more victory than he gets.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Shocker of a red card for Parisse

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Guy should have loving wrapped him properly and kept his face out of the way.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Agree about Pocock, he was amazing in the first half especially.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Schlesische posted:

Rugby's not going anywhere in Australia. It's stuck in the weird private school clique/canberra shaped hell it's been headed for for the last decade.

They had a massive boost of interest during the 2003 RWC and completely squandered it. People were turning up to watch games who had never seen Rugby Union before (I remember some Aussie family friends ask us to email them some basic rules/things to watch for because they were seeing their first match). The ARU thought "great, now lets keep rugby being run exactly the way it always was and not look to expand the game at the grass-roots level - a new super rugby team will be sufficient".

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

They had a massive boost of interest during the 2003 RWC and completely squandered it. People were turning up to watch games who had never seen Rugby Union before (I remember some Aussie family friends ask us to email them some basic rules/things to watch for because they were seeing their first match). The ARU thought "great, now lets keep rugby being run exactly the way it always was and not look to expand the game at the grass-roots level - a new super rugby team will be sufficient".

As I've said before, the NRL and AFL were also in a dark age and thr socceroos were still garbo.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Finn Russell scores two tries, an assist, and 20 points in his debut for Racing92 against Toulon.

Please don't die in France Finn. Scotland needs you, you mad bastard.

In other news, Rhys Webb played like poo poo and the state of the pitches in France give me the fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dISwI08Ga3Y

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Jesus. It's been a rough summer for groundskeeping, but that looks like it's barely holding together at all.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Eh? I hope that gets overturned on appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Come on Bristol