Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

XC1 was one of the most engaging games i can remember playing in recent memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

Folks, help. I have sinned against Nintendo and need to pay for those sins. Please tell me the worst games to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Don't suggest good games, please! If I accidentally play a good game I might get arrested.

overdesigned posted:

irlZaphod posted:

Loot Monkey: Bling Palace - $7.00 / £5.00 / €6.00 (Aug 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Loot Monkey: Bling Palace is the sequel to Loot Monkey and builds on the sweet essence of 1980s video games with colourful modern graphics, designed to look great at 1080p. There is also original cheesy synth music and constant taunts from his master, the Evil Overlord (he just wants all the blingy loot).

I just want to say that this game is not the fun 1980's platformer nostalgia I hoped it would be and it instead actually kinda sucks, a lot. The jumping is crappy and it's a game about jumping.

Also when you die the game flashes a seizure-inducing black and red screen at you for like a full five seconds that is literally painful to watch. Unless you turn on an option that disables it, but that option always deselects whenever you restart the game, so enjoy forgetting to do it and giving yourself a migraine.

Glad I only spent gold points on it. Wish I had not even done that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A surprise new character was announced for SNK Heroines during a livestream

That should be a pleasant surprise for Million Arthur: Arcana Blood fans

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Sudden Javelin posted:

I am enjoying Yooka-Laylee. I never played DK64 or the Banjo games. I did however enjoy Gex games as a child so I'm probably a fuckin moron
Yooka Laylee is a bit of a weird one, as it delivered exactly what was promised, but it just turned the fans didn't actually want a modern scale game with faithful N64-era 3D platformer design. I think it gets a lot more hate than it really deserves.

I also Heartily recommend A Hat in Time if throwback collectathon platformers are your bag. It's even supposed to hit the switch at some point-in the future but the PC version does have a decent modding scene with proper in game support which is wild for a 3D platformer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
Is that a real name?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That's about a guy who has to spend a million dollars in order to get a billion dollars I think

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that a real name?

Million Arthur: Arcana Blood is a real game made by the real game company, Business Division 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRv_RnKyxVc

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that a real name?

Yeah it's an arcade game based on a Square-Enix mobile thing, I think they just announced the arcade version's coming to PS4.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that a real name?

Is this your first time running into lovely Engrish? Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue; they're all meaningless titles that tell you absolutely nothing and Japan loves to do it for some reason.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st]

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

dantheman650 posted:

It seems like it’s important to 100% every map though because of the power scrolls. Are they not as important as they seem?

They aren't actually very important because the game difficulty scales with how many you pick up. You can, in fact, make the game harder for yourself by picking up too many of the wrong ones.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So I'll be taking the Switch on a long flight for the first time. About 8 or 9 hours. I'm under no illusion that the Switch battery will last the flight but to stretch it for as long as possible I should stick to indies right? I know Zelda is a massive drain, guessing Skyrim would be. Maybe something like Rayman would be fine though

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Cheeto posted:

Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st]

I can't tell if you're joking.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I'm going to get the new Monster Hunter because I hate myself and also don't have anything that can play World. Playing the demo, I beat the dinosaur okay, but the Flying Walrus :ohdear: I hope I'm either going to git gud or maybe other fights aren't going to be like this. The worst part is it seems to know it's on a clock, so everything it does is just dragging the fight out which gets a bit tedious. It is very satisfying dropping it down a hole and smacking it repeatedly in the face though.

e: I looked it up and apparently it has higher stats in the demo, so that's reassuring.

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 25, 2018

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

So I'll be taking the Switch on a long flight for the first time. About 8 or 9 hours. I'm under no illusion that the Switch battery will last the flight but to stretch it for as long as possible I should stick to indies right? I know Zelda is a massive drain, guessing Skyrim would be. Maybe something like Rayman would be fine though

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-battery-life-ranked-by-tons-of-games-based-on-brightness-and-wi-fi-usage/

I'd say just buy one of the recommended batteries to bring with you, and play whatever you want.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Guy Goodbody posted:

A surprise new character was announced for SNK Heroines during a livestream

That should be a pleasant surprise for Million Arthur: Arcana Blood fans

Tiddies too small. I’m out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

What 8 or 9 hou flight are you taking that doesnt have standard electrical sockets on it? Seriously, just take your power cord on the plane with you and your set.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is this your first time running into lovely Engrish? Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue; they're all meaningless titles that tell you absolutely nothing and Japan loves to do it for some reason.

Guilty gear is about a human/demon hybrid known as a gear who feels bad about his role in causing the apocalypse

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

What 8 or 9 hou flight are you taking that doesnt have standard electrical sockets on it? Seriously, just take your power cord on the plane with you and your set.

UK to Canada. I don't recall sockets last time but then I've not done this flight since 2015

I'll keep the cord and an adaptor in my hand luggage and stay optimistic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A lot of planes hide sockets under the seat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should expect 3-4 hours of battery life on basically anything you're playing. Obviously stuff will vary depending on graphical intensity but it really doesn't make that much of a difference unless you're playing something like Picross, then you can hit 5.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

UK to Canada. I don't recall sockets last time but then I've not done this flight since 2015

I'll keep the cord and an adaptor in my hand luggage and stay optimistic

You can look it up on your airlines page to confirm as well as where theyre placed. The in flight magazine will also have the information in the back. Ive been flying all over on long flights since 2014 and ive yet to have any flight over 4 hours lack one. If its 8 to 9 hours Id all but bet you money that the adapter is underneath the seat between you and your neighbor.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't tell if you're joking.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Post the vs screen gibberish. Its insane

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man I bought golf story when it came out, got around to playing it a bunch this month and I can't believe how many serious bugs are still in that game almost a year later, like I've had the game straight lock up more than once

It also makes me really want an actual full golf game on the switch now haha

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I STILL haven't gotten 100% on the main mode :negative:

It's gotten to the point where I have basically a clear board to level 93 and then I die instantly

Same here mon ami. I have two skins left to unlock. :sigh:
I did crack top 500 in shuffle mode last night though, for what it's worth.
#NotTooOldForThisShit

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

Post the vs screen gibberish. Its insane

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

thetoughestbean posted:

BotW with Black tar and Uncontrollable as its battle music is an 11/10

Not even a distant time
We're stuck on a whole different century
No peace lookin' at the sky

Trouble's always all around so we stay quick with the sword and arrows
Standing as long as we can until we get Divine beasts up

Then call all bets off
We'll blow through your blight
Dealing with lives messed up

On a sea of dark matter
Every minute matters
Living while other lives shatter

Seeing ghosts scatter
As they Pour out
We can handle them

It's calamity taking over that came unexpected
Hard to accept it
Getting marked for death

Seeing beasts snatched and darkly possessed

The blight inside stealing the body and breath
Till only a shell is left
Witness to Hell in the flesh
A Fight to the death
Screaming Where's the relief?
Maybe no more sleep

All swallowed in grief
Guardians Start to stalk like a beast
I hear voices but no one talking to me…

It's like I'm washing away
All my peaceful days
Anyway Anyhow
Nothing left of that scene
If you are losing your way
You need some protection
Blood moon, it gets you
Where ever you go
They could find you quickly, it's sticky
However you try to tough it out
You just can't beat them

(Whitaker:)

They said seek to find the shrines So we can sharpen lives
But Now we can only feel
All The pain of the danger being real
And we may have to kill
Just to stay alive
Cause They've taken away close mates
And we don't know our own fates

We've been tasked to protect and take on ghosts
But now this dark blight is new
And the damage is quick
It moves really fast
Plus it covers everything
This wasn't in the profile

So Now We've got to find a way to win or we die out

Surfing shield like a board
With a hand on a sword
Where's the exits
We can't go back where we came from

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I thought BotW was an open world game :confused:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man I bought golf story when it came out, got around to playing it a bunch this month and I can't believe how many serious bugs are still in that game almost a year later, like I've had the game straight lock up more than once

It also makes me really want an actual full golf game on the switch now haha

Might we interest you in Neo Turf Masters?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

Might we interest you in Neo Turf Masters?

I actually own that but I really like games with some sort of character/item progression also, like the EA golf games, the older mario golfs, etc

Hot Shots would be cool but obviously that will literally never happen since it's a sony game

Also I mean NTM is fun but kinda janky since it is so old

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

You can look it up on your airlines page to confirm as well as where theyre placed. The in flight magazine will also have the information in the back. Ive been flying all over on long flights since 2014 and ive yet to have any flight over 4 hours lack one. If its 8 to 9 hours Id all but bet you money that the adapter is underneath the seat between you and your neighbor.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Transat/Air_Transat_Airbus_A330-200_V2.php

Nope, unfortunately. I've got a USB port at my seat but I don't have a cable to take advantage of that

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

RME posted:

XC1 was one of the most engaging games i can remember playing in recent memory

Yeah I've played a ton of RPGs since but I can remember nearly every XC1 plot beat, boss fight, and music track.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really want to play Xenoblade 1 but wish it was on Switch.:argh:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
These required updates for cartridge games piss me the gently caress off. For reasons we don't have home internet service right now, but I expect to at least be able to rent an offline, single player loving Nintendo game on a cartridge for my kid and let him play it. Not even Sony requires you to update before you can even play a game offline, only if you want to sign in to Playstation Network. And if the point of that was to prevent piracy, surprise! It didn't even loving work! Good job inconveniencing people who didn't pirate your games!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yeah I've played a ton of RPGs since but I can remember nearly every XC1 plot beat, boss fight, and music track.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really want to play Xenoblade 1 but wish it was on Switch.:argh:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Imagined posted:

These required updates for cartridge games piss me the gently caress off. For reasons we don't have home internet service right now, but I expect to at least be able to rent an offline, single player loving Nintendo game on a cartridge for my kid and let him play it. Not even Sony requires you to update before you can even play a game offline, only if you want to sign in to Playstation Network. And if the point of that was to prevent piracy, surprise! It didn't even loving work! Good job inconveniencing people who didn't pirate your games!

I think it's to cheap out on cartridge costs rather than to combat piracy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sudden Javelin posted:

I think it's to cheap out on cartridge costs rather than to combat piracy.

It’s definitely this. I feel like Nintendo definitely should have laid out some guidelines though to prevent it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

i've always seen them say like "this flight is equipped with electrical outlets" or whatever but I just assume they mean in first class because I've only ever seen one like once or twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Imagined posted:

There are different tiers of cartridges they can buy. There's 8, 16, and 32GB for example. Cheap publishers buy the 8GB carts, put some of the game on there and make you download the rest. I think Doom has the entire single player on the cart and you have to download the multiplayer.

• Locked thread