Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Is it like a feature film of the muppet bit in forgetting sarah marshall , but not funny or endearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Should have flipped the casting IMO

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Not one of those sci-fi lists included Cube. :chloe:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Should have flipped the casting IMO

That was my thought. Reilly plays down to earth reasonable a lot, I want him as the cocaine-injecting creep working himself into a frenzy at 3 am.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's strictly a height thing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I guess they finally set a date for Guy Ritchie's new Holmes sequel, in 2020. A whole 9 years after the last one. I wish he'd passed on his stupid King Arthur movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I don't, Legend of the Sword was dope.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So I'm confused. I tried reading the fine print for the moviepass annual bait and switch but what exactly does it mean? Do we just coast on the annual plan at 3 movies a month? It says we aren't being charged additional (assuming they don't do it anyway which they can't be trusted not to do)

Should I disconnect my credit card in case

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I would, just to be safe. I don't have Movie Pass, but from what I've read here lately, I'm glad I never had a chance to get it. It seems like a shifty company now.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Moviepass may be bad now but it let me see a ton of movies for cheap, freed up money that let me spend more on film festivals/special screenings, and cost a bunch of venture capitalists a bunch of money.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has officially halted production

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-3-production-hold-james-gunn-firing-1137400

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

A lot of moviepass peeps are coming to the theater by noon now to get tix for a night show, before mp runs out of money for the day. Smart

Right click save as

I'd been doing that for months because it beat getting to the theater and only have in front row seats left.

But now you have to be on point for that poo poo because of getting to the theater and whoops no more showings for the day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'm glad Disney's hasty decision to bow down to a crazy alt-right rapist is at least costing them millions of dollars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do hear that they're waiting for the one old bastard who's insisting on keeping Gunn fired to mandatorily retire in a couple years.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do hear that they're waiting for the one old bastard who's insisting on keeping Gunn fired to mandatorily retire in a couple years.

Actually that’s not a bad point. It’s entirely possible this could be a temp thing and they’ll rehire to fanfare after it blows over and winds change if he wants it

I’d rather the creative staff do original and interesting stuff tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

Moviepass may be bad now but it let me see a ton of movies for cheap, freed up money that let me spend more on film festivals/special screenings, and cost a bunch of venture capitalists a bunch of money.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has officially halted production

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-3-production-hold-james-gunn-firing-1137400

loving good.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Fans wanting Gunn's terrible juvenile tweets to be forgiven so that he can direct another terrible juvenile movie is amazingly venal.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm just mad about moviepass. I feel like I met the prince of an obscure nation who rocked my world but was constantly missing and emotionally vacant and always showing up when I feel like giving up and started seeing others

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Fans wanting Gunn's terrible juvenile tweets to be forgiven so that he can direct another terrible juvenile movie is amazingly venal.

I think it's more that people are mad at the hypocrisy of outcries about those old tweets coming from people who are currently involved in much worse poo poo, but you do you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

We at Disney have decided that guardians 3 will be directed by weird Mike

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

I think it's more that people are mad at the hypocrisy of outcries about those old tweets coming from people who are currently involved in much worse poo poo, but you do you.

Lamps is the worst poster currently on CineD. Do not engage. There is not such thing as good faith with them.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently Taika Waititi has been having meetings at Disney, rumors claim they’re either rushing Thor 4 to replace GotG3 or pivoting GotG 3 to be a Thor/GotG teamup with him directing. While I’d much rather that Gunn hadn’t been fired over concern troll bullshit I’d be OK with either of those things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd be down with more crazy Kiwi stuff.

Korg solo movie when?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm just mad about moviepass. I feel like I met the prince of an obscure nation who rocked my world but was constantly missing and emotionally vacant and always showing up when I feel like giving up and started seeing others

I've probably gotten my money's worth four times over on the annual plan, but now being told I can only see three movies a month (and only by their schedule) is already making me have withdrawals. Guess I'll be going to a lot of matinees.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd be worried about rushing a Thor 4 or a teamup flick, since I think you need some time to really hit that comedic tone and writing.
Plus the teamup is just a cheap way to get around their cockup.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Grendels Dad posted:

There's an easy and perfectly apt comparison to make here: criminals are perfectly entitled to report someone else commiting crime, even if they're doing it for their own advantage.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People would also make fun of a criminal reporting misdemeanors while committing felonies so this is not the comparison you think it is.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I'd be worried about rushing a Thor 4 or a teamup flick, since I think you need some time to really hit that comedic tone and writing.
Plus the teamup is just a cheap way to get around their cockup.

They're going to need it if Dave Bautista sits it out for the sequel in protest for Gunn. I hadn't realized that wasn't talk, the dude is on the warpath on Twitter against Weird Mike and Disney. He's willing to burn that bridge.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bautista may want to sit it out, but he'd have to break his contract in order to do so. And I don't care how strong your convictions are, getting on the wrong side of Disney's lawyers is not a good idea.

Maybe he should just tweet something offensive in order to get fired.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

People would also make fun of a criminal reporting misdemeanors while committing felonies so this is not the comparison you think it is.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. It doesn't matter that people "make fun" of them. The ideal outcome is that both were dealt with as appropriate, but only one was. Thus a rich man doesn't get to make movies for Disney for the immediate future. The only thing to really worry about is the more vulnerable members of the production crew suffering because of the project's delay, but that's just business,

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 25, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

There's an easy and perfectly apt comparison to make here: criminals are perfectly entitled to report someone else commiting crime, even if they're doing it for their own advantage.

No one likes a snitch BotL

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Young Freud posted:

They're going to need it if Dave Bautista sits it out for the sequel in protest for Gunn. I hadn't realized that wasn't talk, the dude is on the warpath on Twitter against Weird Mike and Disney. He's willing to burn that bridge.

It's been the subject of wrestling dirtsheets for a year now that Dave wants to go back to WWE for one more run. I dunno about crossing the House of Mouse to do so but apparently that's something he wants to do and the Gunn situation creates an opening.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

I guess they finally set a date for Guy Ritchie's new Holmes sequel, in 2020. A whole 9 years after the last one. I wish he'd passed on his stupid King Arthur movie.

Uhhh Ritchie's King Arthur whipped rear end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Well I'm glad Disney's hasty decision to bow down to a crazy alt-right rapist is at least costing them millions of dollars.

It's not like they bowed to public pressure or anything.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Remember to never, ever reply to bravest of the lamps. In several threads I’ve seen he’s only stopped posting after people stopped biting.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's not like they bowed to public pressure or anything.

Exactly. They made the snap call before Gunn could even try to do an apology campaign and get a pulse check of the public sentiment. This was a tempest in a teacup on far right websites at the time they pulled the trigger. And the public response to their approach has been mixed at best.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Uhhh Ritchie's King Arthur whipped rear end.

KIng Arthur is one of the few movies that would've improved a lot if it was more about Arthur making political deals and less about him doing action stuff.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

AdmiralViscen posted:

Exactly. They made the snap call before Gunn could even try to do an apology campaign and get a pulse check of the public sentiment. This was a tempest in a teacup on far right websites at the time they pulled the trigger. And the public response to their approach has been mixed at best.

Yeah, at some point you have to stop whining about Cernovich and notice that this is all Disney.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

In any event, Darkman is probably the best of the various Batman '89 copycats.

Fixed that spelling error.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Alhazred posted:

KIng Arthur is one of the few movies that would've improved a lot if it was more about Arthur making political deals and less about him doing action stuff.

Hard disagree here, except for the last scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

King Arthur: Arthur of the Deal