Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My main league is adding some stuff this year. It's 10 man, 0.5 PPR. Buuuut, lineup looks like this these days (extra IDP and a flex)

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 RB/WR/TE Flex
3 LB
2 DB
2 DL

11 bench.

How much of a priority do I put on IDP? It's high scoring on big plays (5 pt sacks, 5 pt INTs, etc). The actual scoring breakdown compares more to a broader range of TE, in comparison.

Although, somebody like LB/DL Chandler Jones (top IDP player) scored as much as McCaffrey or Jarvis Landry at 205 pts

Kinda thinking it might be a smart move of me to put a premium on elite pass rushers over WR3s or my 4th RB. I usually build on the waiver wire, but there's gonna be around an extra 40 IDP players owned in the league at any given time as opposed to past years

89 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

My main league is adding some stuff this year. It's 10 man, 0.5 PPR. Buuuut, lineup looks like this these days (extra IDP and a flex)

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 RB/WR/TE Flex
3 LB
2 DB
2 DL

11 bench.

How much of a priority do I put on IDP? It's high scoring on big plays (5 pt sacks, 5 pt INTs, etc). The actual scoring breakdown compares more to a broader range of TE, in comparison.

Although, somebody like LB/DL Chandler Jones (top IDP player) scored as much as McCaffrey or Jarvis Landry at 205 pts

Kinda thinking it might be a smart move of me to put a premium on elite pass rushers over WR3s or my 4th RB. I usually build on the waiver wire, but there's gonna be around an extra 40 IDP players owned in the league at any given time as opposed to past years

High-Mid tier linebackers will put up about 10+ points a game if tackles are counted. Those are your priority IDP players anyone else is a 10th round pick on back. Elite DB's are a trap, you want safeties not coverage guys.

Edit: think like 6th round for those elite LBs. It's an injury prone position and there's a LOT of dudes in the mid tier level. Long as their everydown guys they'll put up 8-10.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 25, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Royce Freeman: Good at football.

Adrian Peterson: Redskins starter.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm trying to set up waivers to match every other fantasy football platform in existence. Players are locked from kickoff of their game, and stay locked until waivers process on Wednesday mornings. Ok, that part wasn't hard to set up.

Now for players that are dropped by an owner. In Yahoo/ESPN/NFL/CBS/etc they are locked for 2 days after being dropped, and then they process the following morning. I just want to set up my MFL the same way. But no! I have to manually set up any and all days for the entire season that I want waivers to process. (this means it processes ALL locked players). So, as far as I can tell, there's no way to make it treat waivers like the default setting of every fantasy football platform to ever exist in the history of fantasy football.
In MFL, you must set up a waiver process schedule if you're going to use waivers. The tools are highly flexible and let you set up as many or as few waiver processes as you want. You can run them once a month or once a day or whatever you like.

You also have the option of having a "free agency" period, during which anyone who is an unrestrcted free agent can be grabbed by any owner at any time. You don't have to do this, but if you do, then you need to specify locks that last long enough that a player who is dropped will not become an unlocked free agent before the next waiver transaction happens.

Look at the list of radio buttons in the middle of the "BASIC ADD/DROP SETUP" screen. It sounds to me like what you want is the "Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest" option. Under this option, all you need to do is make sure players are locked for long enough that they won't become free agents before your next waiver transaction is run. So for example, if you are going to run a waiver transaction every wednesday morning, and if players are undroppable until after the end of the last game (monday night), then dropped players with 2-day locks will always hit waivers before they hit free agency.

However a player dropped on wednesday right after the waiver transaction, would be unlocked by some time Friday morning. If you don't run your next waiver process until Saturday, then those players will become free agents too soon. So maybe you want a three or four day lock period. It's up to you and how often you run that waiver process, so that's why MFL does not make some assumption about how long the lock should be.

MFL does ALSO give you the option of not having to decide how long players are locked, though! Set "Dropped Players Are Locked Until:" to "The first waivers run after X days." You probably don't want X to be zero, because that would let someone drop a player 5 minutes before waivers and then only someone else who knew he was gonna do that makes a waiver claim, which is a prime opportunity for collusion. Set it to 1 or 2 and dropped players will basically be unavailable for 1 or 2 days, and then will be available on whatever the next waiver run is, per your schedule. No need to worry about how long that is, it's automatic.

Also note that MFL gives you the ability to set this to a specified day of the week, instead. So if you for example ran waivers on wednesdays and saturdays, you could have players always be locked till the following sunday, and that means players dropped monday would be exposed to both waiver periods before becoming free agents, but players dropped friday would only be exposed to the saturday waiver period and would then be free agents after.

Note that you do not have to have any free agency period. In our league, we use "Always Via Blind Bid Requests" so we don't need a lock period at all. Players are only available during our twice-weekly FAAB waivers process, and otherwise owners can never just pick up any guy instantly. We're using FAAB, if you watned to not use FAAB but still have this system, you could use "Always Via Waiver Requests."

The tl:dr here is that this screen determines what "locked" means, and MFL lets you decide between different choices.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
evan engram got a concussion :rip:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Eli got Evan Engram killed?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Peyton Barber is the definite starter. Barring injury RoJo might be the guy I drop for a DST.

EDIT: And then he makes that catch.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 25, 2018

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Peyton Barber is the definite starter. Barring injury RoJo might be the guy I drop for a DST.

EDIT: And then he makes that catch.

I was thinking about dropping him for a K, then he played the whole 2nd series and made that catch. I think the play that Fitz got sacked he was the intended receiver as well.

I dunno.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I was thinking about dropping him for a K, then he played the whole 2nd series and made that catch. I think the play that Fitz got sacked he was the intended receiver as well.

I dunno.

Peyton Barber is not good at football. They drafted Jones for a reason. But expecting rational coaching decisions is how you end up with an aneurysm.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is there a way to turn off the background cell coloring on the Beer sheets? For b&w printing purposes as I am an old with lovely eyes

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Keith Atherton posted:

Is there a way to turn off the background cell coloring on the Beer sheets? For b&w printing purposes as I am an old with lovely eyes

If you open the file in Excel/Google Sheets, you can erase the Conditional Formatting rules

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AnacondaHL posted:

If you open the file in Excel/Google Sheets, you can erase the Conditional Formatting rules

Sweet. Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

You might want to bold the shaded players or something so that you can still see the tiers.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You might want to bold the shaded players or something so that you can still see the tiers.

Since I am an idiot, what are the tiers and how do I use them for my strategy?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

corn on the cop posted:

evan engram got a concussion :rip:

coronaball posted:

Eli got Evan Engram killed?

I for one am happy this happened less than 24 hours after my keepers locked with Evan Engram as one of them. :suicide:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

Since I am an idiot, what are the tiers and how do I use them for my strategy?

The shading indicates overlapping ranges of projections. Since I use a number of sources they allow me to lump players with similar values into tiers. If you see a group of players shaded the same color then you should treat them as having roughly equivalent value.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The shading indicates overlapping ranges of projections. Since I use a number of sources they allow me to lump players with similar values into tiers. If you see a group of players shaded the same color then you should treat them as having roughly equivalent value.

Got it - thanks man

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No problem. If I wasn't so busy painting robots for a nerd convention I would put together a tutorial.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
So, I ended up with an auto-drafted team after I became unable to personally draft at the last minute. It's a casual league, so it's not a big deal. Behold what the computer made for me (12-team, no PPR):

QB: Luck
RB: Kamara
RB: CMC
WR: Hogan
WR: Marvin Jones
TE: Graham
FLEX: Jordan Howard
D/ST: BAL
K: PHI's

Bench:
Fat Rashaad
Ty Mont
Cameron Meredith
James White
Latavius Murray
Kittle
Garoppolo

So, 7 RBs, 2 QBs, 2 TEs, and then only 3 WRs, none of which are great. I immediately dropped Kittle and Garoppolo for Geronimo Allison and Taywan Taylor. 12 teams with 7-player benches doesn't leave much out there but are there any WR sleepers anyone recommend I should target on the waiver wire?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Michael Gallup, Mike Williams, Paul Richardson, DeDe Westbrook, Keelan Cole, James Washington, Albert Wilson, Courtland Sutton come to mind.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Convince me I shouldn't take Alvin Kamara over Antonio Brown in a 2RB, 3WR, 1 FLEX league.

I'm #4. So that puts me in Antonio Brown land. But, I feel worried about missing out on a top RB if I grab him.

But, alternatively, it's TOTALLY possible to end up with Antonio/Keenan Allen/TY Hilton/Landry/Ertz if I just hammer away at WR and invest in guys like Royce Freeman and Kerryon Johnson

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Convince me I shouldn't take Alvin Kamara over Antonio Brown in a 2RB, 3WR, 1 FLEX league.

I'm #4. So that puts me in Antonio Brown land. But, I feel worried about missing out on a top RB if I grab him.

But, alternatively, it's TOTALLY possible to end up with Antonio/Keenan Allen/TY Hilton/Landry/Ertz if I just hammer away at WR and invest in guys like Royce Freeman and Kerryon Johnson

Kamara has one season of other worldly efficiency that will be difficult to keep up, where he put up 81-1550-14. His touches should go up, but he's unlikely to average 6 ypc or a touchdown every 15 carries again. Brown has averaged 116-1570-10 for the last 5 years.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 25, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Michael Gallup, Mike Williams, Paul Richardson, DeDe Westbrook, Keelan Cole, James Washington, Albert Wilson, Courtland Sutton come to mind.

Also Tyler Lockett, Anthony Miller, John Brown, Geronimo Allison & Chris Godwin (undrafted by ADP).

It's the year of the sleeper WR

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Also Tyler Lockett, Anthony Miller, John Brown, Geronimo Allison & Chris Godwin (undrafted by ADP).

It's the year of the sleeper WR

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ooph. Out of all these dudes, only Westbrook and Wilson remain available. I'm going to hold off on both for now given their respective teams' crowded and unclear receiver corps situations.

Thanks for the suggestions, gents.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

sourdough posted:

Kamara has one season of other worldly efficiency that will be difficult to keep up, where he put up 81-1550-14. His touches should go up, but he's unlikely to average 6 ypc or a touchdown every 15 carries again. Brown has averaged 116-1570-10 for the last 5 years.

One thing that got me with Kamara though...

Even if he does (likely) regress. He's still a top 10 RB even after regression.

Line is good. QB is future hall of famer. Run game is legit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

This is a good point. Floor is important, especially in RBs, and Kamara has a solid opportunity to remain an elite player.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The talks about Kamara regression always ignores that he'll also likely be looking at Ingram's volume share from last season this year. They didn't trade up to draft Kamara just so he could be the third down back. Volume will make up for potential regression. In truth though, Kamara is going to be the RB1 this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Ooph. Out of all these dudes, only Westbrook and Wilson remain available. I'm going to hold off on both for now given their respective teams' crowded and unclear receiver corps situations.

Thanks for the suggestions, gents.

Kevin White?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

89 posted:

The Saints have pretty much always used a three back system under Payton. Since Payton got the HC job in 2006, the Saints have ranked between 1st and 6th in total offense every year including the year of Bounty Gate. In that time, they've had only two 1000 yard rushers. McCallister in 2006 and Ingram in 2016.

I'd be concered that Kamara's usage might not magically take off in Ingram's absence since they're historically a passing team. If you draft him, it should be with full knowledge that his opportunity share might not rise at all, while his efficieny falls back to earth.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 25, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ayudo posted:

The Saints have pretty much always used a three back system under Payton. Since Payton got the HC job in 2006, the Saints have ranked between 1st and 6th in total offense every year including the year of Bounty Gate. In that time, they've had only two 1000 yard rushers. McCallister in 2006 and Ingram in 2016.

I'd be concered that Kamara's usage might not magically take off in Ingram's absence since they're historically a passing team. If you draft him, it should be with full knowledge that his opportunity share might not rise at all, while his efficieny falls back to earth.

That might matter if they didn't also throw the ball to their backs a lot and Kamara is also really good at catching the ball. What are his running back rankings in the passing game?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
89 didnt you take Melvin Gordon over Kamara like 3 days ago:psyduck:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Lol he did.

Never change, 89

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

That might matter if they didn't also throw the ball to their backs a lot and Kamara is also really good at catching the ball. What are his running back rankings in the passing game?

My point isn't that he doesn't catch the ball at an elite level. It's that the Saints don't employ their scatback as a between the tackles bellcow. Both Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles have led the team in receptions in 2006 and 2011 receptively. And, Sproles also lead the team in rushing that year to the tune of 600 yards, but both Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas out carried him.

A top 5 finish could happen for Kamara where it didn't for these other guys. But, I don't find that very likely personally.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

I did. And now I'm slightly regretting it after doing more reading. Although, it's close and Melvin is gonna do just fine.

Not regretting passing on Zeke,though

I'm more jealous of the guys around the end of the draft who can grab Gordon & Fournette/CMC

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Had the first pick in my money league last night, 0.5 ppr. Think I did ok?

1. (1) Le'Veon Bell
2. (20) Michael Thomas
3. (21) Jordan Howard
4. (40) Stefon Diggs
5. (41) Amari Cooper
6. (60) Rex Burkhead
7. (61) Marquise Goodwin
8. (80) Rashaad Penny
9. (81) Kerryon Johnson
10. (100) Trey Burton
11. (101) Kirk Cousins
12. (120) Calvin Ridley
13. (121) Saints D/ST
14. (140) Patrick Mahomes
15. (141) Benjamin Watson
16. (160) Harrison Butker

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
12 Man 1 PPR - 7th Pick
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D/ST

1.7 DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
2.6 Keenan Allen, LAC
3.7 Jerick McKinnon, SF
4.6 T.Y. Hilton, IND
5.7 Jay Ajayi, PHI
6.6 Evan Engram, NYG
7.7 Kirk Cousins, MIN
8.6 Kerryon Johnson, DET
9.7 Chris Thompson, WAS
10.6 Jamaal Williams, GB
11.7 Rashaad Penny, SEA
12.6 Marqise Lee, JAC
13.7 Jack Doyle, IND
14.6 Carolina Panthers, CAR
15.7 Matt Breida, SF
16.6 Harrison Butker, KC

Doyle and Engram are on the same bye week which I didn't realize but outside of that, thoughts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Doppelganger posted:

Had the first pick in my money league last night, 0.5 ppr. Think I did ok?

1. (1) Le'Veon Bell
2. (20) Michael Thomas
3. (21) Jordan Howard
4. (40) Stefon Diggs
5. (41) Amari Cooper
6. (60) Rex Burkhead
7. (61) Marquise Goodwin
8. (80) Rashaad Penny
9. (81) Kerryon Johnson
10. (100) Trey Burton
11. (101) Kirk Cousins
12. (120) Calvin Ridley
13. (121) Saints D/ST
14. (140) Patrick Mahomes
15. (141) Benjamin Watson
16. (160) Harrison Butker
I like your first seven picks a lot. Nailed all of them. You should drop Watson for another RB dart throw though. Week 1 is going to come around and your RB corps will basically be three deep: Bell, Howard, and Burkhead (who is already banged up). Penny and Johnson might be unusable for the first month or two.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I wrote a python script to stochastically optimize my auction draft strategy for tonight. ohgod what am I doing

How do you guys determine your auction values? It's so hit and miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ayudo posted:

My point isn't that he doesn't catch the ball at an elite level. It's that the Saints don't employ their scatback as a between the tackles bellcow. Both Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles have led the team in receptions in 2006 and 2011 receptively. And, Sproles also lead the team in rushing that year to the tune of 600 yards, but both Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas out carried him.

A top 5 finish could happen for Kamara where it didn't for these other guys. But, I don't find that very likely personally.

This is actually an interesting point and one I have considered. It's honestly the only reason he isn't my RB1 in drafts, despite my belief he will end the year as such.

I think the difference in usage is necessity. Bush and Sproles aren't good running between the tackles. Kamara is.