Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bombs are good for mining too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

yesssssss

they are also good at dropping onto stupid, stupid monsters from high above so you can slowly whittle them down while they look around confused on what is killing them.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

yesssssss

they are also good at dropping onto stupid, stupid monsters from high above so you can slowly whittle them down while they look around confused on what is killing them.

I did both of these things.

It's gonna be hard getting used to a Zelda game with infinite bombs.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bombs are good for making you lose 50% of everything you try to mine with them (also box contents if you blow em up with bombs)

Hit them with big weapons instead. I believe any 40 attack weapon will destroy a deposit in one hit, and of course hammers and other mining equipment works with less attack.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Arrow fishing is where it’s at

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I carry a hammer for mining.

And for saying stop, hammer time before lobbing it at something.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Electric arrow fishing is where it’s at

Fixed

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

indigi posted:

she makes him a man.

He should come back out with a cigarette, tired eyes and a smile.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Use the Master Sword to mine as the Goddess clearly intended.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zore posted:

Use the Master Sword to mine as the Goddess clearly intended.

:same:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Unless I'm going guardian hunting, I use the Master Sword literally only to cut down trees and chop through ore deposits.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

master sword only mines like 15 deposits before breaking, you gotta have some backups!

Unless you sword trial it up to full power, then go nuts, it'll last forever

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Amppelix posted:

Bombs are good for making you lose 50% of everything you try to mine with them (also box contents if you blow em up with bombs)

Hit them with big weapons instead. I believe any 40 attack weapon will destroy a deposit in one hit, and of course hammers and other mining equipment works with less attack.

I normally did use those but I’d use bombs when I got lazy and if it was in an area where I could see where everything blew off to.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I beat Champion's Ballad without looking at spoilers, I got a dirt bike. WTF

I did not expect to see this. I love how quickly you can use it, though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

UltraRed posted:

I beat Champion's Ballad without looking at spoilers, I got a dirt bike. WTF

I did not expect to see this. I love how quickly you can use it, though.

Hell yeah that thing loving RULES. I recently noticed that I have almost 999 Moblin horns so I use those as fuel most of the time now

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I use Chuu jellies. Still, I don't really know where to take it. I've completed almost everything in the game. There are only a few clean up shrines now, I guess. And the master sword trials I never beat

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

UltraRed posted:

Still, I don't really know where to take it.

Anywhere. Everywhere.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yeah that’s the worst part. Not really a lot to do with it, and I wish it would go a little faster. Still fire it up sometimes and do some sweet tricks though.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:hai:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i am playing this game for the first time

it is a shock when a moblin kills you dead in a single hit, but goddamn is combat satisfying

i murdered all the yiga rather than sneaking and using bananas in the gerudo area, which is where i went first and i felt like a bloodsoaked god of murder after countless deaths

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Holy moly I never got past that first guard before figuring out I could skip them all. Tried like ten times.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah that’s the worst part. Not really a lot to do with it, and I wish it would go a little faster. Still fire it up sometimes and do some sweet tricks though.

I wish it had a bit more "oomph". tried to run it up the pillars that point up to Hyrule Castle and jump onto it Bat Out of Hell style, but they're too steep and you get stuck 1/3 of the way up. :(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Moose-Alini posted:

Holy moly I never got past that first guard before figuring out I could skip them all. Tried like ten times.

It was on my 12th attempt to finally get the 'big' room, and I only got it because I cheese the fight with ice arrows and a store of twohanders.

Is there an easier way to track down the big korok so I can give him all my seed?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Once you've met him on the road to Kakariko Village he'll show up near 1 or 2 stables, though I cant remember which, after that he moves home permanently. Make sure you talk to him without any pants on. That's important.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’m wondering how long to wait before I replay this thing. Put 200 hours into it 2 months ago. The game is so goddamn good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChocNitty posted:

I’m wondering how long to wait before I replay this thing. Put 200 hours into it 2 months ago. The game is so goddamn good.

I’m waiting till next year to do a master mode 2nd run. One year feels too soon still.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I put in about 60 hours around launch of BotW and decided this week to dip back in to try and do all the shrines.

Seeing the routes I've taken on the map really drove home just how vast, and dense, the game world is. There are valleys, mountain ranges, roads, etc that I had just never seen. I've even found two new stables.

The games atmosphere, for me, is probably up there with STALKER, for all time most immersive environment. Rain so dense you can't see where you're going. Wind that gently moves grass, wind that throws your glider around. The incredibly relaxing colour palate, music, and lighting of Tarrey Town. It's such a vibrant world.

I think once I finish the shrines - if I'm still enjoying the game - I'm going to try and knock out all the side quests. I've pretty much ignored them, but I realised that the dialogue in the game is quite charming and I wouldn't mind an excuse to continur exploring.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wanna replay skyward sword

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

gently caress, dude, go for it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Skyward Sword is the opposite of Breath of the Wild
-lots of dungeons
-too many tutorials
-terrible overworld
-tons of story

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked Skyward Sword but I don’t think I could stomach it again unless they released a tightened HD version.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Anyone who beats trial of the sword, without any walkthrough or help, is truly a master.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Even though I just played Skyward Sword a year or so ago, I'd play it again without motion controls and without all the hand holding.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I liked Skyward Sword but I don’t think I could stomach it again unless they released a tightened HD version.

I'd wanted to replay it shortly after I made my first run-through of Breath of the Wild, but by then, my Wii's drive had crapped out.

Am I misremembering, or did the Gossip stone next to the Knight's Quarters on Skyloft basically give you the solution to every puzzle you encountered if you asked it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChocNitty posted:

Anyone who beats trial of the sword, without any walkthrough or help, is truly a master.

:smug::fh:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

ChocNitty posted:

Meh just use a 30 min Attack Up and keep your Chest sensor on. That's 90% of the battle right there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

maltesh posted:

I'd wanted to replay it shortly after I made my first run-through of Breath of the Wild, but by then, my Wii's drive had crapped out.

Am I misremembering, or did the Gossip stone next to the Knight's Quarters on Skyloft basically give you the solution to every puzzle you encountered if you asked it?

Yeah, that was that game's equivalent of the Super Guide that they were putting in other Wii games at the time. The same feature was present in the 3DS remakes they were releasing around that time, and A Link Between Worlds also has an item you can use to get the answer to just about every puzzle.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MokBa posted:

Meh just use a 30 min Attack Up and keep your Chest sensor on. That's 90% of the battle right there.

And the rest is getting past that loving lizalfos water level.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChocNitty posted:

MokBa posted:

I hosed up on the last 10%. It wasn't even the Lizalfos room that did me in. It was the very last room. I whiffed my shot on the Lynel with my last Ancient Arrow. I felt so disheartened that I just gave up. Haven't tried it again since. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Silver Falcon posted:

I hosed up on the last 10%. It wasn't even the Lizalfos room that did me in. It was the very last room. I whiffed my shot on the Lynel with my last Ancient Arrow. I felt so disheartened that I just gave up. Haven't tried it again since. :smith:

Especially frustrating if you know you could have picked it back up and tried again (assuming you didn't die on the way).