Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
all this apple talk gives me an excuse to post this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why is that guy buying an extra pair of pants with his suit :confused:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

beep by grandpa posted:

Why is that guy buying an extra pair of pants with his suit :confused:

Rectal incontinence.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deadguy2322 posted:

Rectal incontinence.

lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Y'all should get slime rancher

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

all this apple talk gives me an excuse to post this:

i'm the $1000 PDA dropped in a diarrhea-filled toilet because somebody decided they needed luxury mobile telephony instead of an extra pair of yakuza D-Pants

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am in need of a new phone and am waiting for the new iPhone to come out next month. :kiddo:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

I’m buying that up sometime. I have it on the computer but only grabbed it there because the console release was taking forever. It seems like a perfect kick back and relax kind of thing to play in between more serious games.

Waltzing Along posted:

Hahahaha. Apple fanboys are so dumb.

nice meltdown lol maybe if you treated yourself to some Apple products you wouldn’t get so fussy on the internet

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FOTNS is getting reversible cover art and decals for launch!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

does that say poo poo balls

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Let people spend their money on whatever they want without making them feel bad about it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m buying that up sometime. I have it on the computer but only grabbed it there because the console release was taking forever. It seems like a perfect kick back and relax kind of thing to play in between more serious games.

nice meltdown lol maybe if you treated yourself to some Apple products you wouldn’t get so fussy on the internet

4 hours have just passed and I have no idea where they went

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Let people spend their money on whatever they want without making them feel bad about it.

make people feel bad however you want about what they're spending money on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
iPhones are good and I like them :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

i can only use dumbphones bc smartphones intimidate me with their intellect

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

i :love: your dumb phone BP

Over There posted:

4 hours have just passed and I have no idea where they went

Nice! Does it seem pretty optimized + controls well?

Escobarbarian posted:

:hfive:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i actually only use rotary phones because of the sexy machine action

NieR deathsexbots only use rotary phones, too, i am told

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I have it on good word from :yokotaro: that YoRHa exclusively uses a high-end tactical Zune variant

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I reinstalled YaKiwami to do some Premium Adventure and there isn't a mechanic to change what Haruka asks you to do while you're hanging out, right? Because there's no way I can win this roulette bullshit. Why does a 9-year-old even likes gambling so much

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

FOTNS is getting reversible cover art and decals for launch!

holy poo poo balls day 1

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I reinstalled YaKiwami to do some Premium Adventure and there isn't a mechanic to change what Haruka asks you to do while you're hanging out, right? Because there's no way I can win this roulette bullshit. Why does a 9-year-old even likes gambling so much

nope but i just used all those cheat items i got from lockers for most of it. roulette has two items if i remember, but i straight up quit bothering when she wanted me to beat a dude at rotation in pool and the dude is the terminator.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 25, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Over There posted:

it seems pretty chill and the slimes are cute

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

just lol at getting uppity about which brand of anxiety-slab people own

They're all poo poo because everything is poo poo and life is endless misery

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

my anxiety slab is set to vibrate between my girlfriend's legs in sync with my progress in hit sega game Rez

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TremorX posted:

hell, same

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

TremorX posted:

You put it better than I ever could.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i rather enjoy life, perhaps because i don't suffer smartphones or moba enthusiasts

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Question.

This could be the internet crapping out on me or an issue with the 6.00 FW beta but does anyone have an issue with their net crapping out on rest mode? I’m downloading some patches and would rather leave it on rest mode but whenever I turn the PS4 back on everything is disconnected and the patches start over again from the beginning. I’ve checked the rest mode settings and have connect to the internet checked but I dunno, it’s worked before.

This is on a Pro btw if it matters.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

TremorX posted:

:agreed:

Thus it was said, thus it shall be

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Question.

This could be the internet crapping out on me or an issue with the 6.00 FW beta but does anyone have an issue with their net crapping out on rest mode? I’m downloading some patches and would rather leave it on rest mode but whenever I turn the PS4 back on everything is disconnected and the patches start over again from the beginning. I’ve checked the rest mode settings and have connect to the internet checked but I dunno, it’s worked before.

I don't use rest mode much but I will say that my OG model has been having 10x more issues with wireless connectivity in the last 4 months than it has in the previous 4 years, in spots that should have %95 signal strength. Could be a fw issue :shrug: I just don't know. Maybe the wireless module in my PS4 is on the fritz

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Skeezy posted:

Question.

I haven't had issues. There's a setting in there that asks you if you want things to continue downloading in rest mode, but it sounds like that's what you found already. I do keep mine hardwired since it's conveniently placed, though, if you're on Wi-Fi have you tried running a long Ethernet cable to wherever your ps4 lives and replicating it?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

i :love: your dumb phone BP

Nice! Does it seem pretty optimized + controls well?

:hfive:

Yeah its working much better than when I tried the demo on my laptop. It's really well put together and a lot of fun.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Skeezy posted:

Question.

Try assigning your PS4 a static IP, that has fixed a lot of issues I have had in the past with PS3, PSP, Vita and PS4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo balls day 1
Wait so they have the rights to use the good cover art but aren’t going to put it on the outside?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait so they have the rights to use the good cover art but aren’t going to put it on the outside?

The western cover art is more true to who Kenshiro is. He never has hot chicks on his arm! Justice is the only thing he’s interested in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

good cover art sells worse in america

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't like the Hokuto ga Gotoku art either so I'm just gonna keep the cool Kenshiro one instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Manatee Cannon posted:

good cover art sells worse in america

We’ve come a long way from man pointing gun at camera to man with gun facing away from camera.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So I started Shenmue at maybe 1 this afternoon, took an hour and a half off to eat and watch a movie, then played FFXIV for maybe an hour. Still managed to finish what would have been disc 1 on Dreamcast. I feel like I’m flying through this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
God of War was good but it'd be much better if Kratos' armor worked just like Atreus', just pick one of the options that suit your playstyle the best and move on.