Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I really want the main dude’s striped pants. They would make really cute leggings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Luckily we have Tony the corpse eating horse

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It is, the movie was in production for 3 years and multiple instances of having to rebuild sets after a script change, one such change being that the Slayers weren’t aliens but time travelers who went back in time to conquer the world. Supposedly, and this might just be rumors that grew over time, a lot of the really far away shots of travel were reshoots of extras in the costumes to pad the ran time after they had to cut some scenes.

Set-building is a big expense, and Jedi was able to make great use of location filming for Tattooine and Endor, which no doubt saved a lot, as well as the efficiencies that ILM had developed for effects helping streamline production and save some money there.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Obviously, we are Dragon Ball Z.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Just fyi, LEARN is another 15% off

e: Totally agree. It definitely was one of the better ones for me.
VVVVVVVV

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 24, 2018

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Honestly I thought that was one of their better live shows, I loved it. I was just sad there were no shorts because it was so long.

It was incredibly distracting when I realized the idiot who turned into animals was the science teacher from Willy Wonka.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For me it was the bandit leader being one of the noblemen that betray Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Honestly I thought that was one of their better live shows, I loved it. I was just sad there were no shorts because it was so long.

It was incredibly distracting when I realized the idiot who turned into animals was the science teacher from Willy Wonka.

I agree, this one was super terrific.

Also, I still can’t get over bears mike ditka Hagrid

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
"He looks like a feral Mr. Bean" killed me. I had JUST leaned over and whispered to my friend that he looks way too much like Rowan Atkinson.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I’m bummed that they won’t be releasing Krull since my family is in the video during the credits.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im still surprised* that in a film called Krull about a specific planet, the entire story is the backstory to a character who doesnt appear in the movie who will rule a galaxy so what in the hell would the sequel have been called?

*Not actually surprised

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BDawg posted:

I’m bummed that they won’t be releasing Krull since my family is in the video during the credits.

They probably should have a VoD at least. They still not put up last year Doctor Who show through.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

They probably should have a VoD at least. They still not put up last year Doctor Who show through.

They don't always get these major film release VoDs. That's why they do Kickstarters for them because otherwise they couldn't afford the expense.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

They don't always get these major film release VoDs. That's why they do Kickstarters for them because otherwise they couldn't afford the expense.

Why I say vod, I meant mp3.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I missed both presentations. We can't even get a just the jokes?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

RandomPauI posted:

It'll happen....eventually.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Rirse posted:

Why I say vod, I meant mp3.

But then I can’t see me shaking hands with Mike, Kevin and Bill. :(

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Barudak posted:

Im still surprised* that in a film called Krull about a specific planet, the entire story is the backstory to a character who doesnt appear in the movie who will rule a galaxy so what in the hell would the sequel have been called?

*Not actually surprised

Krull 2: Krull Harder

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Ice Cream Man is a really weird movie. The whole thing felt like someone kept on changing the script and cutting scenes. So you have stuff like the Ice Cream King getting murdered but somehow it not really relating to what is happening or how David Warner is in the movie but is given absolutely nothing to do.

Also I can't believe they spent so much of the movie on the one kid with the poorly made fat suit just so that at the very end they could do a halfhearted reference to him losing weight after the events of the movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Ice Cream Man is a really weird movie. The whole thing felt like someone kept on changing the script and cutting scenes. So you have stuff like the Ice Cream King getting murdered but somehow it not really relating to what is happening or how David Warner is in the movie but is given absolutely nothing to do.

Also I can't believe they spent so much of the movie on the one kid with the poorly made fat suit just so that at the very end they could do a halfhearted reference to him losing weight after the events of the movie.

Also the the most minor things that just 'how' that got over looked. Police comes to his shop to look for any signs of murder, but never check the van he drives. Or nobody ever noticed there is about 100 people in a mental ward that is falling to pieces that the movie completely forgets the next scene due to the ending showing the little boy getting sent there. Or like you said, the whole David Warner b-plot that goes nowhere with him never even encountering the ice cream man. Also they tease the black cop losing his arm to the machine, but it was ice cream man who ended up in it instead.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Supposedly, we should be getting the Krull Just the Jokes track early next year. I wish they would/could just release the audio from the live show, because the audience reaction really adds to it.

I can't say anything about The Five Doctors though. Let's just say there is some weird stuff going on with that one.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Also, this was announced as the next VoD during one of the Krull game live streams last week.

https://youtu.be/MT4RB8aJOnw

It was originally coming out last Friday, but they pushed it back. Hope we get it this week!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That preview makes it look like a slog of training montages and abusive coaches.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man Spiker is one odd rear end movie. Like I don’t even understand who this movie was made for. The movie was supposedly made in 1986 but looks about 15 years older than that. So many odd scenes that just have I have clue what the hell the purpose of was. This kind of weird rear end film is perfect fodder for Rifftrax.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
They've got a code for Labour Day weekend (WORK), but I can't get it to apply to my order - boo.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Ms Boods posted:

They've got a code for Labour Day weekend (WORK), but I can't get it to apply to my order - boo.

If your order is Spiker, the code doesn’t work for it (or Space Mutiny physical).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I find it really hard to believe that Spiker wants you to be on Sonny's side when he spends the entire movie being an enormous douchebag.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The moment in The Junior Prom where Mary Jo just nopes our of the riff to go get a Fresca is one of my new faves.

What a strange movie. Who knew prom was so complicated or had so many musical numbers?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I find it really hard to believe that Spiker wants you to be on Sonny's side when he spends the entire movie being an enormous douchebag.

He’s presumably set up as the protagonist but then almost completely disappears halfway through the movie and we switch to the other guy who’s had like a handful of lines up to the point. And then he has to smuggle some kind of message out of mid ‘80s Cold War Eastern Europe and then the other guy is getting a divorce and OH GOD WHAT IS THE MOVIE EVEN ABOUT ANYMORE???

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

X-O posted:

He’s presumably set up as the protagonist but then almost completely disappears halfway through the movie and we switch to the other guy who’s had like a handful of lines up to the point. And then he has to smuggle some kind of message out of mid ‘80s Cold War Eastern Europe and then the other guy is getting a divorce and OH GOD WHAT IS THE MOVIE EVEN ABOUT ANYMORE???

Yeah, this movie gets weird out of nowhere.

It's quite a good riff.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

fordan posted:

If your order is Spiker, the code doesn’t work for it (or Space Mutiny physical).

Ah! Yes, that's on the order. I wonder why?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Worked for Cool As Ice

it didn't work

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

Ah! Yes, that's on the order. I wonder why?

Because it's a new riff. Usually they block codes from the latest release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spiker definitely feels like a movie that was written in parts just because nothing really comes together and scenes have no pay off. Like the aforementioned bit where Sonny is positioned to be the main character but fucks off halfway through or how there isn't any payoff to Newt's story at all.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Movies like Spiker are my favorite type of exploitation movies.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
My favorite part is how the film's climax is Catch deciding to quit the team over a petty reason, thinking about it for a while, then changing his mind at the last minute.

I also liked how his nickname was Catch, despite his dedication to a sport where catching is not allowed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Paper Kaiju posted:

My favorite part is how the film's climax is Catch deciding to quit the team over a petty reason, thinking about it for a while, then changing his mind at the last minute.

I also liked how his nickname was Catch, despite his dedication to a sport where catching is not allowed.

That's why I love/hate these movies. These movies are always 90 minutes. 70 of it is just padding. Then with about 20 minutes left some sort of plot or conflict is introduced that is almost immediately resolved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's release is another Bridget and Mary Jo, "Freddie Steps Out" which is another movie in the Junior Prom series.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Movies like Spiker are my favorite type of exploitation movies.

I love it how it's not even an EFFICIENT exploitation movie. Usually that formula follows the Top Gun route: protagonist is good at something but has some conflict, and doing his thing gets him a hot girl (plus fame and cash along the way, usually) and closure on his issues in the end. Woo! It all worked out!

Spiker is like if someone had wanted to do a gritty cinema verité version of it, without the guts or craft. See, he's good at volelyball, but um, it's a hard life out there. Things get rough. People quit, games go bad, people burn out. And in the end...wel, nothing really happens to make the journey a complete one. I was half expecting the movie to end with him breaking his ankle and endinghis career prematurely, but even that is too much closure, I guess.

The riffing is awesome, though. The "those japanese businessmen are embarrassed at how sober he is and how few prostitutes he brought" bit had me laughing like a loon for way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Freddie Steps Out is a really weird movie because part of the plot revolves around a misunderstanding about what one of the girl characters was doing when she left town for a year but then the movie never actually explains why it happened in the first place.

Also this movie adds a really weird wrinkle to the setting where all the boys live together in a dormitory, for high school.