Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

FunkyFjord posted:

Please don't take away my frames who's first abilities scale with loving riven mods. I like Khora whipping people for a minimum of 100000 damage.

Even without a riven, I can punch people that hard. Just hate the game breaking it when I lose my stat stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hobold posted:

Even without a riven, I can punch people that hard. Just hate the game breaking it when I lose my stat stick.

no, you really can't. a good riven makes a big difference.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

My Atlas is the murderbeast at level 150 that he is currently specifically because of my Ankyros riven. That said, yeah ranged weapon restrictions in sorties really screw him over. Sure, switch to another frame and all, but sometimes I just wanna spam rockbros and be an invincible Mike Tyson for a few runs.

Seeing as how landslide's his 1 and having an exalted 1 would be weird as poo poo, I think I'd rather they just not restrict melee in sorties. It's not like they're terribly difficult right now anyway, just limit what kinds of ranged stuff you can do and leave melee available to everyone instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you used to be able to use exalted weapons normally regardless of weapon restrictions. they decided to patch that out, but that also hit the pseudo-exalted 1's.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So I made a post on DE's forums about increasing the Riven slot max beyond 90.

I doubt I'm the only goon that loves collecting Rivens and is near the max.

If you feel like me, feel free to reply to the topic and keep it bumped up: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1002021-please-increase-max-riven-slots-beyond-90/

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no, you really can't. a good riven makes a big difference.

I don't have a riven currently on my stat stick, and can hit 140k on the 3rd punch. Not saying a riven wont make it an even more OP move, but I do stupid damage with it already.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's great but I can whip a group of people for 140k on the first hit and 600k on the fifth. Exalted weapons being their own thing was a straight nerf to most of them anyway, and like GOD drat candy pointed out the pseudo exalted 1s got mod restrictions put on them at the same time. I'd rather that didn't happen again. This is a game built around variety, despite how similar everything we do is. You aren't going to have one frame with one single build that is perfect at literally everything, having options is the fun part.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 26, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
The exalted nerf is something DE still needs to fix. Why they seem soo against is is a mystery.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
So, I have one of every Zaw strike, a pile of Ostron standing, and hate myself. Anyone want to suggest good handles and links to go with them?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think it would be a simple thing for them to change how those skills are handled, anyways. things like exalted blade and titania's weapons, to name a couple, getting their own mod slots was simple enough because in essence your frame is equipping separate gear when those skills are enabled. skills like atlas's 1 and khora's 1 aren't separate entities and de would probably have to create separate things for them specifically. in any case i don't think it's exactly on de's plate at the moment given everything else being worked on.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
How much would it piss people off, if DE were to allow rivens to be generated for exalted weapons.

Could help quite a bit with some of the major issues around that rework.

I really can't think of a way to 'fix' the 1s for the last few frames affected. And I don't think DE has any idea how to touch it either. They wanted to get away from stat sticks, and half assed it.

Be interesting to see what they're thinking on the subject, if at all, because like you said, I very much doubt they're actively trying to do anything about it.

Just look at boobens 1 'rework'.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I'd much rather put six more forma into exalted weapons for Atlas and Khora than ever worry about stat sticks ever, tbh. As-is, I barely use Atlas and don't point Khora's whip at anything tougher than a security camera.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've got a good damage/impact/elemental melee riven and i love atlas so i'm fine with the status quo

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

aegof posted:

I'd much rather put six more forma into exalted weapons for Atlas and Khora than ever worry about stat sticks ever, tbh. As-is, I barely use Atlas and don't point Khora's whip at anything tougher than a security camera.

Sorry but you're playing Khora wrong and your opinion is wrong. With a rivened stat stick, Khora's whip is incredibly overpowered. I can clear most sorties by just spamming her whip at groups of enemies and never firing a single bullet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

khora's whip is a monster if you have a remotely decently-modded melee weapon equipped

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Avulsion posted:

Sorry but you're playing Khora wrong and your opinion is wrong. With a rivened stat stick, Khora's whip is incredibly overpowered. I can clear most sorties by just spamming her whip at groups of enemies and never firing a single bullet.

no it is you that plays the video game wrong

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tylana posted:

So, I have one of every Zaw strike, a pile of Ostron standing, and hate myself. Anyone want to suggest good handles and links to go with them?

I've got a Kronsh/Jai/Laka "machete" and a Sepfahn/Ruhang/Peye nikana. I like the latter a bit more, using tranquil cleave, feeling all Lone Wolf and Cub.

I've heard good things about Shtung/Dokhram, which is my current project, just want standing to get a better link.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dokrahm with Tempo Royale is my giant anime scythe of doom.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Elissimpark posted:

I've got a Kronsh/Jai/Laka "machete" and a Sepfahn/Ruhang/Peye nikana. I like the latter a bit more, using tranquil cleave, feeling all Lone Wolf and Cub.

I've heard good things about Shtung/Dokhram, which is my current project, just want standing to get a better link.

I've got a Sepfahn riven, if you're interested.

i've got a good damage/impact/elemental melee riven and i love atlas so i'm fine with the status quo

I need a better riven. I'm working on a skana one atm, +160%melee, +44%vs Grineer. Not sure if the latter carries over, I know the +7s combo duration doesn't.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I don't have Atlas yet and I have just one more C rotation drop for Khora, but are their stat sticks interchangeable (along with Gara who I already have)? I have a Dragon Nikana riven and I am just wondering if I can be efficient and use it for all three. I haven't made a stat stick before.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 26, 2018

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Night10194 posted:

Dokrahm with Tempo Royale is my giant anime scythe of doom.

This.

Hobold posted:

I've got a Sepfahn riven, if you're interested.

I possibly might be. I'm only MR7 at the moment, and nowhere near getting kuva for rerolls (I play pretty casually).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The zaw polearms are pretty fun as well. Make a Cyath for crit and a Mewan for status.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

you used to be able to use exalted weapons normally regardless of weapon restrictions. they decided to patch that out, but that also hit the pseudo-exalted 1's.

Other way around. Exalted weapons used to get hit by sortie weapon restrictions taking away their stat sticks, this is no longer the case. The exalted changes were an explicit buff at the expense of needing more forma to get the most out of them.

Gara, Atlas, Khora, and Wukong still rely on stat sticks for their respective 1 abilities and thus can still get hit by weapon restrictions, but they also get to take advantage of rivens so I can't be too mad (no matter how much I love Gara).

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Elissimpark posted:

I possibly might be. I'm only MR7 at the moment, and nowhere near getting kuva for rerolls (I play pretty casually).

I'm in a similar boat. This one riven I'm rerolling is well over 3k a roll now. Can't bring myself to run the kuva survival enough to do it more than once every other day or so.

Even with a resource booster, farming kuva sucks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I actually enjoy juice farming because I'm weird in the head, which explains my massive stock of hand-crafted kuva mistakes.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Night10194 posted:

I actually enjoy juice farming because I'm weird in the head, which explains my massive stock of hand-crafted kuva mistakes.

I would actually enjoy it more, if it wasn't a survival mission. Get sick of going in, looking for a 20+ minute run, then one dude throwing a hissy cuz he wants to bail at 5m, and never said anything earlier.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wait, you do realize there's kuva missions that aren't the survival, right?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh, I do the floods/siphons, usually. They're how I kill a little time when I just feel like playing for a half hour.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
If you summon a specter in a nightmare alert, the specter will slaughter your whole crew in like 10 seconds. Just an fyi.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

wait, you do realize there's kuva missions that aren't the survival, right?

Well yeah. I just like doing Taveuni, because I can walk out of that with like, 6-8k kuva after a 20 min run.

I've not done a flood mission, but those only pay out double what a regular siphon does.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Farmer Jimbo posted:

If you summon a specter in a nightmare alert, the specter will slaughter your whole crew in like 10 seconds. Just an fyi.

I was rad procced while summoning Rumblers in today's sortie and murdered a couple of excals

One of them got me back by nuking the console we were defending a few minutes later.

Radiation is a fun hazard, is what I'm saying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I don't have Atlas yet and I have just one more C rotation drop for Khora, but are their stat sticks interchangeable (along with Gara who I already have)? I have a Dragon Nikana riven and I am just wondering if I can be efficient and use it for all three. I haven't made a stat stick before.

khora can use impact damage rivens, but atlas can't use pierce/slash. i wouldn't really recommend impact for a khora stat stick anyway, since it runs into the same problem most weapons have where ips mods are strictly inferior to elemental. maybe primed heavy impact, but i'm not sure about the math on that and it's not a very useful mod in general. for atlas though, impact is weighted equally with elemental but collision force and primed heavy impact have much higher percentages.

so, a good general use stat stick would just be base damage and a couple elements, preferably with an irrelevant malus to pump the bonuses up higher.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Hobold posted:

Well yeah. I just like doing Taveuni, because I can walk out of that with like, 6-8k kuva after a 20 min run.

I've not done a flood mission, but those only pay out double what a regular siphon does.
Siphons have a higher reward/time if you can do them in under 5 min compared to kuva survival, floods obviously more so. The theoretically fastest you can do a siphon in is 2 min since each cloud takes about 30 sec to show up iirc.

If you're playing solo (dunno if this works with a squad), there's One Weird Trick to save more time from siphon missions:
When you're more than a tile or three away from the siphon the clouds stop spawning, but are queued to immediately spawn when you get back into range.
So you can find the siphon, run off and complete the mission, and when you get close to the siphon all the clouds will spawn at once for you to pop. You'll have to be fast at that point or they'll all reach the siphon.

This was what I did a lot a few months ago, dunno if it's changed (I doubt it).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I don't really bother with regular kuva siphons unless it's something fast like a capture or exterminate. Survival is usually more consistent, with floods being the best bang for the buck.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

The real rub is each frame has different restrictions on what mods carry over for their first abilities. By and large most mods work but, for instance, Atlas' 1 can't benefit Body Count or Drifting contact, and looking at the wiki Gara and Wukong might not crit with those skills at all? I forget if attack speed mods do anything. Otherwise they're pretty interchangeable, if you have a riven that's just +damage and two +elemental damage mods then that's a ton of extra damage for any of those frames.

E: Rivens for exalted weapons sounds fine to me, just lock them at 2 or 3 disposition. And give exalted weapon stance mods bonus mod capacity dammit.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 26, 2018

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Thanks, that was what I was kinda looking for. I'm fine with changing out the other mods, just not sure if a certain weapon type was necessarily prohibitive.

Might be a better weapon than a Dragon Nikana but since it was my first melee riven I figure maybe make use of it as long as I don't have to roll it too much.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The weapon type isn't really relevant, the stat you want to look at for knowing how good of a stat stick you can get with a riven is the weapon's riven disposition. This isn't shown to you in game unless you have a riven for that weapon, iirc. Even then though, you can probably get just a little bit more out of a riven than almost any other singular mod when it comes to a stat stick. Barring things like pressure point, which you're never going to exclude anyway.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I may have trouble understanding the way mod order works to make combined damage types.

To get blast and corrosive on an atomos, you need to order your mods elec first, then toxin, the cold and finally the innate heat. The game agrees:

Notice the polarized slot is not in use, how odd. Well, all my previous attempts led me to gas and magnetic or viral and radiation unless I wasn't using the polarized slot, for some reason I don't get.

In the interest of documentation:

Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four, the mystical fix:

Didn't work this time, for some reason. It hurts my head a bit less and also a bit more.

I don't really get it.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 26, 2018

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFjord posted:

The real rub is each frame has different restrictions on what mods carry over for their first abilities. By and large most mods work but, for instance, Atlas' 1 can't benefit Body Count or Drifting contact, and looking at the wiki Gara and Wukong might not crit with those skills at all? I forget if attack speed mods do anything. Otherwise they're pretty interchangeable, if you have a riven that's just +damage and two +elemental damage mods then that's a ton of extra damage for any of those frames.
Atlas' Landslide does benefit from and add to combo counter, so Body Count/Drifting Contact can in fact be worth slotting.

Crit/status aren't applied by most of these abilities so it's not worth building for, with one exception: Khora's Whipclaw can take and benefit from a full Blood Rush crit build. I don't remember if it also benefits from Condition Overload, but stuff's usually dead too fast for it to matter much. Attack speed doesn't matter for any of them, so if you have an otherwise amazing raw/elemental damage melee riven with an attack speed malus, it may find fresh life on as a booster for these frames.

Since Wukong isn't really worth caring about, you can have one stat stick with three builds: a standard Blood Rush build for Khora (and possibly general use if the weapon in question supports it and your riven isn't tanking attack speed), then one each specialized for Gara and Atlas.

e:

SIGSEGV posted:

I may have trouble understanding the way mod order works to make combined damage types.

I don't really get it.
Mod order goes top left to bottom right, so slots 1-4 are the top row, and 5-8 are the bottom row. Elements innate to the weapon are counted last, as if they were in an invisible 9th slot.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The weapon's innate element acts as if it is the last in the mod order. Order the mods to have corrosive and blast in a manner that places fire damage as the third or forth elemental mod and the atomos' heat damage gets added to there.

E: See I wasn't certain about that because I haven't really built up an Atlas or Gara and the wiki simply doesn't list those mods as being compatible under Atlas and Gara's ability descriptions, whereas it definitely makes note of them for Khora. Combo count and duration mods make perfect sense on Atlas and I was a little confused when the wiki seemed to imply that they don't work at all.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 26, 2018