Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

The weapon's innate element acts as if it is the last in the mod order. Order the mods to have corrosive and blast in a manner that places fire damage as the third or forth elemental mod and the atomos' heat damage gets added to there.

That's what I did in the first case, the one that doesn't use the polarized slot. If I do it again in config C, it gets me gas and mag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SIGSEGV posted:

That's what I did in the first case, the one that doesn't use the polarized slot. If I do it again in config C, it gets me gas and mag.
Your step 3 and 4 setups have Deep Freeze combining with Convulsion for magnetic damage, with Pathogen Rounds combining with the innate heat of the Atomos for gas damage.

Once you add a forma to a weapon you'll be able to move around polarized slots freely to allow more build flexibility.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

SIGSEGV posted:

But there's nothing wrong with Step 3 or 4. In those cases, your last mod, Pathogen Rounds, is combining with the innate heat to create gas, and Deep Freeze and Convulsion are making the magnetic. That's what should be happening.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Got covert lethality from a baro mod pack.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya again mod order is what determines elemental combination, and that goes top row first left to right then the bottom row left to right. So in that very first image you have pathogen rounds in the second slot and then convulsion and deep freeze in the fifth and sixth with the atomos' innate heat acting like it's in an invisible ninth slot. So the mod order is toxic, electric, cold, then heat, giving corrosive and blast. In step four you swapped the spots of toxic and cold, swapping around the resulting combination.

So left to right, top row first, and innate elements always act like they're last in mod order.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheMostFrench posted:

Got covert lethality from a baro mod pack.

Please don't encourage people to buy those packs.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

Ya again mod order is what determines elemental combination, and that goes top row first left to right then the bottom row left to right. So in that very first image you have pathogen rounds in the second slot and then convulsion and deep freeze in the fifth and sixth with the atomos' innate heat acting like it's in an invisible ninth slot. So the mod order is toxic, electric, cold, then heat, giving corrosive and blast. In step four you swapped the spots of toxic and cold, swapping around the resulting combination.

So left to right, top row first, and innate elements always act like they're last in mod order.

I though it was the order they were slotted in, chronologically, and not the order they were slotted in, physically.

This makes a lot more sense now.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Talking (indirectly) about the Atomos, is there any given reason for a weapon's polarity? The D on the Atomos seems odd, as most mods you'd be using would be V polarity for the various damage boosts. It suggests that DE intended for it to be modded a certain way more easily.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That would make a lot of sense but no.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

D polarity is perfect for slotting it that +15% Status Chance mod.
:shepface:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

SIGSEGV posted:

I may have trouble understanding the way mod order works to make combined damage types.

SIGSEGV posted:

Click Actions > Swap Polarity and move that D polarity somewhere more convenient. For best results, build your Atomos for crit and use Gas damage for Star Chart missions and Corrosive for sorties and other high level content.

I spent an hour reading the wiki and testing Gara and Khora's stat sticks in the simulacrum, here are some of my conclusions:

Khora's Whipclaw can crit, apply status effects, and benefits from the combo counter damage multiplier which will climb very quickly as whipping a group of 10 enemies gives you +10 to the combo meter. Dual stat mods, Drifting Contact and Sacrificial Steel + Organ Shatter are all useful. The wiki says Blood Rush is ineffective, but I didn't test it. Whipclaw inherits elemental damage types and procs status effects, so pick something useful (Radiation is best for Bombards, which will be one of the few things you can't one-shot). Whipclaw is an AoE attack centered around where you are aiming, and it hits through walls so modding Khora for range will pay off (melee range mods have no effect). You can clear sorties by spamming this attack and nothing else.

Gara's Shattered Lash can NOT crit, apply status effects, or benefit from the combo counter multiplier. Just stack damage and elemental damage, nothing else matters. In theory, you can use IPS damage mods to boost your damage, but the Lash does 100% Puncture when you tap it and 100% Slash when you hold it, so a +Slash mod would only help the Slash attack and provide no benefit to the Puncture attack. Elemental mods will benefit both attacks, and the attack will do elemental damage (no procs) to anything it hits. The mods on the stat stick will boost the damage from smashing her Mass Vitrify (the glass wall) but the damage type will be converted to 100% Slash (the Wiki is wrong, it doesn't matter if you tap or hold her Lash, the explosion is always Slash damage) with no chance to proc. This can make Gara a pretty decent nuke, since she can hit everything on the map for tens of thousands of damage. If you smash Mass Vitrify while standing outside of it, 50% of the damage from the explosion will get added to Gara's Splinter Storm, as Slash damage. For example, my Mass Vitrify detonates for 34k damage, and adds 17k damage per second to Splinter Storm. You can keep stacking damage into Splinter Storm until you get bored or get nullified, doing over a million DPS to everything within a few meters of you is possible, and hilarious.

Faction Specific Damage mods (Smite Grineer, etc) have no effect on either Whipclaw or Shattered Lash, so -X% Damage to Faction is a good malus for your riven. According to the Wiki, Attack Speed and Range mods also have no effect, so there's no disadvantage to using Spoiled Strike (+100% Damage -20% Speed). The base stats of the stat stick are irrelevant, so just pick anything with a 4 or 5 star riven disposition. If you don't have any rivens to use, get a Skana, Jaw Sword, or Dual Cleavers with the +100% melee damage Syndicate Augment. Despite what the wiki says, these Augments work on both Whipclaw and Shattered Lash.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 26, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Avulsion posted:

Click Actions > Swap Polarity and move that D polarity somewhere more convenient. For best results, build your Atomos for crit and use Gas damage for Star Chart missions and Corrosive for sorties and other high level content.

I didn't know it was possible to swap polarities' places, I guess I'm a tiny bit less bad at this game now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Finnaly, I have seized control of the production means!

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1033654056240197632

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SIGSEGV posted:

I didn't know it was possible to swap polarities' places, I guess I'm a tiny bit less bad at this game now.

You can move them around, (after you have applied one forma,) or forma them off to something different.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Elissimpark posted:

Talking (indirectly) about the Atomos, is there any given reason for a weapon's polarity? The D on the Atomos seems odd, as most mods you'd be using would be V polarity for the various damage boosts. It suggests that DE intended for it to be modded a certain way more easily.

DE just likes to gives weapons a D.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

nerdz posted:

I like bringing a knell as my secondary for the eidolons because of the headshot buff. it can dish out insane damage in the last stage even if you're downed. I've actually managed to bust a few sinovias while downed with it by activating the headshot buff then going to town on a sinovia before the buff expired.

I tried this with my newly forma'd knell. It was pretty neat. With better positioning, I probably could have taken down poo poo much quicker.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Helter Skelter posted:

Please don't encourage people to buy those packs.

It was the first one I bought, too :getin:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm not feeling the Revenant at all.
His 4 is cool and all but his key ability, 1, feels completely useless. I just can't find any good opportunities to use it because the average lifetime of a mod in Warframe is like 0.5 seconds, even in a sortie, so you hardly even have enough to to use that ability, least of all combo it with any other abilities.

I'm starting to think that DE never plays their own game with the public or even does any gameplay testing with a group.
There have been so many frames that work alright/good/great as a solo frame but just don't work at all if you're in a group of any kind.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Business as usual then. :shrug: That is about what I expected when I first saw his abilities. It would either be that, or his converted minions would be invincible and everyone would call him a new limbo as he denies the team a number of mans to shoot.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I got my first overdrive whatever melee mod that gives + damage on statused enemies. How much can I sell it for? I need plat for frame slots.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're

Arglebargle III posted:

I got my first overdrive whatever melee mod that gives + damage on statused enemies. How much can I sell it for? I need plat for frame slots.

Type any mods or prime parts into the search bar at warframe.market to get an idea of how much it’ll sell for, and it’ll even give you a private message prompt to copy into warframe chat to contact buyers directly. It looks like condition overload is up for sale by a bunch of people for 50-60plat and has a couple people currently ready to buy it outright at 42plat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captainicus posted:

Business as usual then. :shrug: That is about what I expected when I first saw his abilities. It would either be that, or his converted minions would be invincible and everyone would call him a new limbo as he denies the team a number of mans to shoot.

IMO, the Thrall ability should make them immune to friendly fire but also count enemies as "killed" so that you couldn't troll people in Exterminate/Defense.

Arglebargle III posted:

The easiest way to find out is to go to https://warframe.market/ and check the lower price sell listing for the item in question.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Nyx can make enemies attack each other in an insanely large radius for a whole minute and it's considered a largely underpowered ability due to how poorly damage scales between enemies. How did they expect an ability where you have to individually control enemies to be any good?

I feel like they need to rework damage between enemies so that an elite enemy like a bombard can kill other grineer mobs as easily as they can kill Warframes. I hope they get lots of negative feedback about this so they end up doing something about it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
To be fair, Nyx's whole point at high levels with Chaos is not about wiping the floor with all the enemies killing each other, but by making Eximus units irrelevant. Also, having multiple Ancient Healers in a horde is goddamn annoying unless you have a murderframe. And then multiple Ancient Disruptors would be annoying. Chaos made all of that irrelevant, unless you also brought a warcrime weapon with Radiation.

Chaos is not about enemies killing each other. It's more about not making them target focus you and your team.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
in the current high level meta it should be about enemies killing each other though, since most other frames have better CC by just killing enemies. And her augmented mind control thing should just turn elites into a beast of a monster that kills enemies faster than you can.

If they did that then nyx would finally be 1/3 as good as saryn.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I kiiiiiiinda, in theory, would like them to buff all enemies across the board to not die as fast, that would make all of these weird CC combo frames way more useful but on the other hand it would also prolong mission times, and that I would be way less keen on, so I dunno.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

IMO, the Thrall ability should make them immune to friendly fire but also count enemies as "killed" so that you couldn't troll people in Exterminate/Defense.
Or make it so you hold 1 to instantly kill all your thralls, draining their life / shields / energy. It would mean they could be immune to player fire as you gather more and more (limit should be raised to 10), then at the end of the round / extermination you just gib them for extra power.

Or doesn't he already have a power that lets him sacrifice thralls?

I think they realise that his moveset is very close to Nyx though, so they don't want overlap with her mind control by making them completely immune to FF.

E: Or make 2 and 3 passively pick up thralls, and 1 detonates them into pillars. It would at least feel different to Nyx then.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 26, 2018

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Thrall should just pull a little bit more from the whole "Eidolon" theme and make it so that killed thralls will remain in that spirit form like voms until duration ends.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sockpuppetclock posted:

Thrall should just pull a little bit more from the whole "Eidolon" theme and make it so that killed thralls will remain in that spirit form like voms until duration ends.

Now that's a really good idea that sidesteps the whole current problem completely.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Thanks for everyone's help I was able to pay for more frame slots thanks to some goon randomly taking me plastic farming.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I actually really like the idea that thralls leave behind the energy pillar when they die, the ability should just facilitate that to happen more often/more easily. You get hints of it when you enthrall enemies like Nox who don't instantly die and they run around generating pillars for you when they manage to actually enthrall other enemies.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

so i basically loving love the phantasma. this gun is amazing. what're some good mod loadouts to throw on this thing?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Syndlig posted:

so i basically loving love the phantasma. this gun is amazing. what're some good mod loadouts to throw on this thing?
Vicious Spread gives the phantasma a wide yet reasonable cone so you can inflict 100% status on an entire group at once, it's real good, I like it.

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 26, 2018

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So... people on the Warframe forums are under the impression that there's is some database performance issue involved with increasing max riven slots beyond 90. Has DE ever said anything about this? I know DE races along to push out new systems, but I find it hard to believe that they'd implement rivens so inefficiently.

Here's the thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1002021-please-increase-max-riven-slots-beyond-90/

Again, for those goons that are near the 90 max, I ask that you hop in there and add your two cents. This 90 max thing is stupid.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the thralls leave behind actually pretty good damage pillars for area control and you can thrall enemies for free after they're stunned whenever they proc your mesmer skin. there should never be a time when the area around you isn't bathed in sentient fire columns and death lasers. treating the thralls like mindcontrolled nyx units is the wrong way to go about it since they're more akin to a saryn disease spread that lingers after death.

Bizarro Kale
Oct 15, 2005

Dahbadu posted:

So... people on the Warframe forums are under the impression that there's is some database performance issue involved with increasing max riven slots beyond 90. Has DE ever said anything about this?

Yeah, an example is here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/730322-the-road-to-1515-spoiler-mods/#comment-8125777
This is from early days of rivens, before they let you increase the cap to 90.

quote:

Why the Capacity exists at all?
There are many reasons we started with a 15 Riven Mod Capacity, but the most important for future Riven conversations is the database impact storing Riven Mods has. As many of you have begin amassing collections, we can begin to see what will be scalable for the system across all future Weapon types.

What's next for the Capacity?
The first order of iteration is to make the experience of 'going over' Capacity more forgiving for you to make a choice of what to do with your excess Riven(s). As mentioned in point 1, right now you are locked to make a choice to immediately dissolve one. We are looking at ways to improve this demand on immediacy. The next order of iteration is how to allow collection growth without impacting the performance of our databases over time. This is something we're still undecided on as we're still measuring collections, but we're happy the demand is there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the thralls leave behind actually pretty good damage pillars for area control and you can thrall enemies for free after they're stunned whenever they proc your mesmer skin. there should never be a time when the area around you isn't bathed in sentient fire columns and death lasers. treating the thralls like mindcontrolled nyx units is the wrong way to go about it since they're more akin to a saryn disease spread that lingers after death.

I think for once AGGP has the "right" build idea, he focuses on the 4 and the pillars and it looks groovy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
2F41-4F9E-14D5-7769

Above code is for a crossbow and 2 boosters. Was free this months PC GAMER UK.
Don't play it so whoever can claim it first, enjoy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

happyhippy posted:

2F41-4F9E-14D5-7769

Above code is for a crossbow and 2 boosters. Was free this months PC GAMER UK.
Don't play it so whoever can claim it first, enjoy.

Took this, thanks dude. Now I don't have to potato my Zhuge (though I do have to level the Zhuge again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How do I get the cool white mods that let you vaporize half the map?