Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Should have just let Batra stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
*I'm bored, let's see what my super leftie friends in the scandi thread is up to*
*Literally 3 pages of crazies piling on Split for saying common inoffensive poo poo* :yikes:
Well, you solved the scarcity of self satire problem - I'm impressed.

MiddleOne posted:

Am I reading the subtext right on this and the polling was done just before the svt report on rapes by foreign born males in sweden (https://www.svt.se/nyheter/granskning/ug/ny-kartlaggning-av-valdtaktsdomar-58-procent-av-de-domda-fodda-utomlands) was broadcast? If so, are there any similar data after that programme, or is it too early to say? Gut feeling would be that it could move the needle significantly, being the bloody lump of meat laid at the altar, right at a crucial point of the election, that it is.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That's going to be in next weeks polls if it has any effect.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

With two weeks to the election, polls are not that important anymore. We will have the correct answers to the polls then. The drop for major parties and increase for smaller parties is actually expected.

The interesting parts remaining are where the undecided go, turnout among different voting groups, Bradley factor of SD and anti-SD factor of MP/C.

Also lol at the amassed dirt released the last week. Right on schedule and for some reason the least important (a vice prime minister should travel business) gets the most headlines, while our defense minister sitting in the lap of the defense industry gets a lot less.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 25, 2018

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Imagine how low the support would have been had Ulf Hjalmar not broken the downward trend! Surely he saved the party!

:females:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Rnr posted:

*I'm bored, let's see what my super leftie friends in the scandi thread is up to*
*Literally 3 pages of crazies piling on Split for saying common inoffensive poo poo* :yikes:

Pretty sure it was like two trolls who then got told to STFU by everyone else.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rnr posted:

Am I reading the subtext right on this and the polling was done just before the svt report on rapes by foreign born males in sweden (https://www.svt.se/nyheter/granskning/ug/ny-kartlaggning-av-valdtaktsdomar-58-procent-av-de-domda-fodda-utomlands) was broadcast? If so, are there any similar data after that programme, or is it too early to say? Gut feeling would be that it could move the needle significantly, being the bloody lump of meat laid at the altar, right at a crucial point of the election, that it is.

I had totally missed that report and reading through that article is uh.. pretty damning. 8 out of 10 rapes where the rapist didn't knownthe victim was born elsewhere. 40% of those had been here for less than a year.
If it wasn't on SVT i woulf have taken it for a hackjob from the swedish equivalent to infowars

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Rnr posted:

This is some serious actually go to the doctor hallucinating going on tbh,

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
By all means, let's retread the derail, or better yet, have a derail about the derail. I'm sure it'll end well.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
So the Nazis chickened out and will not march; instead they are standing in protest against the police and this makes sense somehow???

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Potrzebie posted:

So the Nazis chickened out and will not march; instead they are standing in protest against the police and this makes sense somehow???

Context helps?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

McCloud posted:

Context helps?

Ah. Yes. Well...

NMR, the Nordic resistance movent, are literary Nazis who terrorize Sweden legally somehow (hint: they are not brown, so we have to allow them to beat up people they don't agree with).

These nice folks got a permit for a manifestation in central Stockholm because why not.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
NMR (DNM in Norway) were not allowed a stand at a recent Free Speech event thing in Arendal. They said they'd show up anyway, but bailed on that to go to Finland to protest nazi parties being made illegal.

The second reason I guess is that Alliansen was present in Arendal anyway, and that party has really tight connections with NMR (Lysglimt Johansen stated in an interview that there is a significant overlap of members of Alliansen and NMR) so they already had representatives for their hosed up views.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Potrzebie posted:

Ah. Yes. Well...

NMR, the Nordic resistance movent, are literary Nazis who terrorize Sweden legally somehow (hint: they are not brown, so we have to allow them to beat up people they don't agree with).

These nice folks got a permit for a manifestation in central Stockholm because why not.

Ah, I doubt the NMR need introductions here, but I was unaware they were rabble rousing in Stockholm. Hopefully some nice gentlemen gave them the Spencer treatment

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Pretty sure it was like two trolls who then got told to STFU by everyone else.

It was more than two people, and pointing out certain insults carry baggage the user may not be aware of is not exactly trolling, sorry. But since the thread isn't interested in the subject, apart from correcting you on these minor points, let's drop it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Rust Martialis posted:

It was more than two people, and pointing out certain insults carry baggage the user may not be aware of is not exactly trolling, sorry. But since the thread isn't interested in the subject, apart from correcting you on these minor points, let's drop it.

Choke on your own cum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

Ah, I doubt the NMR need introductions here, but I was unaware they were rabble rousing in Stockholm. Hopefully some nice gentlemen gave them the Spencer treatment

They got the 'isolated by a hundred cops in central Stockholm as everyone else has to leave' treatment.

One could hope the police would stop granting permission to a violent nazi cult in favour of overthrowing democracy to demonstrate but here we are.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

They got the 'isolated by a hundred cops in central Stockholm as everyone else has to leave' treatment.

One could hope the police would stop granting permission to a violent nazi cult in favour of overthrowing democracy to demonstrate but here we are.

Something something free speech and regeringsformen.

Potrzebie posted:

You expected nazis to be organized?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MiddleOne posted:

Seems expensive in these times of economic hardship. Reminds of the time when Trykkefrihedsselskabet invited Geert Wilders, a proponent of banning books, to Folkemødet on Bornholm. The extra police cost the taxpayer 26 million. Lord help you if you want to express a republican sentiment anywhere near the Queen, though, or briefly remind the Chinese president that Tibet exists.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Something something free speech and regeringsformen.

There are a bunch of exceptions in the law, obviously I disagree with the police's interpretation. :v:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Seems expensive in these times of economic hardship. Reminds of the time when Trykkefrihedsselskabet invited Geert Wilders, a proponent of banning books, to Folkemødet on Bornholm. The extra police cost the taxpayer 26 million. Lord help you if you want to express a republican sentiment anywhere near the Queen, though, or briefly remind the Chinese president that Tibet exists.

Or you know, just attend a soccer game.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

...or briefly remind the Chinese president that Tibet exists.

This, along with the grovelling for Saudi despots, really gets my goat. I know politicians are gonna politic, and capitalism etc etc. But there are things more important than GDP and trade balance and I feel we are selling out of those values too often, slowly depleting a finite reservoir...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rnr posted:

This, along with the grovelling for Saudi despots, really gets my goat. I know politicians are gonna politic, and capitalism etc etc. But there are things more important than GDP and trade balance and I feel we are selling out of those values too often, slowly depleting a finite reservoir...

The norwegian government were really mad at the Nobel Peace Prize Committee when it gave the prize to Liu Xiaobo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rnr posted:

The Foreign Minister used the excuse that "trade will draw them to the west", but somehow that hasn't happened at any point since 1932, and they've traded and cooperated militarily during literally all that time. That was his argument when he and the Crown Prince visited Saudi Arabia, barely a month after they had publicly beheaded 47 people at once. (They beheaded five people during their visit.)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I remember when people used to say the same thing about Turkey.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Has people said the same about North Korea?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm having a lot of 'fun' as a first time voter trying to work out wtf is going on. Moved to near karlskrona last year from England but am a Swedish citizen and all I know at this point is that I 10000% don't want to vote Sweden democrats and want to vote as non useless left as I can.

SVT's electoral quiz thing said for riksdag I was mostly social democrats and vänster but I could go for slightly more specific advice, especially for the local poo poo I don't have the first idea about since I'm here so recently

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

NLJP posted:

I'm having a lot of 'fun' as a first time voter trying to work out wtf is going on. Moved to near karlskrona last year from England but am a Swedish citizen and all I know at this point is that I 10000% don't want to vote Sweden democrats and want to vote as non useless left as I can.
Don't worry, you're sharing that position with a lot of natural citizens, and not just first time voters either.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/hjaelp-i-naeromraderne-regeringen-vil-bruge-historisk-mange-penge-pa-humanitaer

Danish government is planning to up humanitarian aid to largest amount in the country's history, 2.6 billion. There is some weasel speak in this, as some of the increase is simply due to the DK economy being strong. However, some of it is redistribution of funds that would have been used on immigrants in previous years, but since this number has dropped low due to restrictions, can be used on foreign aid instead.

Personally, I'm all for this, it is pure common sense to apply funds locally where they can alleviate that much more suffering, and hopefully strengthening the local community, rather than using them on trying to integrate members of that community in Denmark.

SplitSoul posted:

The Foreign Minister used the excuse that "trade will draw them to the west", but somehow that hasn't happened at any point since 1932, and they've traded and cooperated militarily during literally all that time. That was his argument when he and the Crown Prince visited Saudi Arabia, barely a month after they had publicly beheaded 47 people at once. (They beheaded five people during their visit.)

Yeah, I mean, it's not that that excuse is totally devoid of reason. Nations are influenced by trade and the association that comes with it all the time, at least to be more amiable to their trade partners perspectives, I'd argue. I just wish our politicians would show some balls and call out tyrants for doing deplorable poo poo. The trade could continue or it could be cancelled because of that, but at least we would keep our integrity.

Rnr fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 26, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

SplitSoul posted:

Yes, it's a religion.

Sounds like harmful bullshit to me.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

hello scandinavians please tell me which liquor from your home country i should drink while reading the reports from this thread

Explorer Vodka & Baileys

fnox
May 19, 2013

I've been a resident of Malmö since the beginning of this year, and I came to Sweden in 2016, yet somehow I got a röstkort in the mail. Was this in error? Isn't it that you have to be a resident for 3 years before you can vote? Or is there an exception for EU citizens?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

fnox posted:

I've been a resident of Malmö since the beginning of this year, and I came to Sweden in 2016, yet somehow I got a röstkort in the mail. Was this in error? Isn't it that you have to be a resident for 3 years before you can vote? Or is there an exception for EU citizens?

There is an exception.

https://www.val.se/svenska-valsystemet/rostratt-och-rostkort/rostratt.html

quote:

Rösträtt till kommun- och landstingsfullmäktige

Du har rösträtt till kommun- och landstingsfullmäktige om du är:

svensk medborgare och är folkbokförd i kommunen/landstinget.
medborgare i något av EU:s medlemsländer eller medborgare i Island eller Norge och är folkbokförd i kommunen och landstinget.
medborgare i något annat land än de som räknats upp ovan, eller statslös, och har varit folkbokförd i Sverige i tre år i följd före valdagen, samt är folkbokförd i kommunen eller landstinget.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Rnr posted:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/hjaelp-i-naeromraderne-regeringen-vil-bruge-historisk-mange-penge-pa-humanitaer

Danish government is planning to up humanitarian aid to largest amount in the country's history, 2.6 billion. There is some weasel speak in this, as some of the increase is simply due to the DK economy being strong. However, some of it is redistribution of funds that would have been used on immigrants in previous years, but since this number has dropped low due to restrictions, can be used on foreign aid instead.

If playing SuperPower 2 has taught me anything, it's that humanitarian aid is the cheapest way to make other nations like you the most, so you'd be an idiot to ever slam that slider anywhere but 100%.

THEN you buy all the cheap, North Korean and Gaza tanks from the open market and take over the world.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

If playing SuperPower 2 has taught me anything, it's that humanitarian aid is the cheapest way to make other nations like you the most, so you'd be an idiot to ever slam that slider anywhere but 100%.

THEN you buy all the cheap, North Korean and Gaza tanks from the open market and take over the world.

And how much of is actual humanitarian aid? Probably only a fraction. About a third of it never leaves Denmark, IIRC, and they illegally used it to cover costs of asylum rejections. Also worth noting that foreign aid was at its lowest in 30 years in 2017.

Edit: Watch S complain the funds don't go to Danes.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 26, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/sgaarder/status/1033265178027147264

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

SplitSoul posted:

And how much of is actual humanitarian aid? Probably only a fraction. About a third of it never leaves Denmark, IIRC, and they illegally used it to cover costs of asylum rejections. Also worth noting that foreign aid was at its lowest in 30 years in 2017.

Should've bought more open market tanks, everything else is a beginner's trap.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

That S-dude backing SD in Sweden is probably just a feeler for how far they can go. If no one complains, they'll rename themselves Dansker Demokratiet.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hi I am Swedish what should I vote for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Hi I am Swedish what should I vote for?

Satanistiskt initiativ