Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ironically you need to farm GC Seals to spend on the far and away best way to level (squad dungeons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sometimes I just like to take a walk and do some FATEs on the way.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I keep waiting for the patch that removes the FATEs from unlocking Crystal Tower. Those suck.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Little late, but my attempts at climbing the Moonfire Faire tower were a case of "a bridge too far". I made it as far as the last corner jump multiple times before getting tilted and accidentally flying off the tower.

The last stretch of the tower isn't fun. The pegs are so small and their hitboxes so janky that when you reach the corner jumps, you have to jump on thin air and land on thin air. At that point it becomes pure fake difficulty which is where I have to draw the line. The corners should've been given more wiggle room or at least had the pegs lengthened.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Scholar pretty much plays itself at lower levels. The fairy pretty much does all the healing needed on its own.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah the fairy can cover all your healing for ALOT of lower level dungeons if the tank is remotely doing their job right. A couple of bosses will require you to throw a heal now and then. Otherwise you are a dps arcanist with a 5th party member playing healer.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's 100% sufficient for heals until, like, Haukke or Brayflox (which makes sense since the job is balanced around the idea of being level 30+)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Remember that if you place it it won't follow you and drop casts. Placed fairy = more embraces = less targeted heals = more deeps

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

A bunch of stuff has weird scaling, like essential dignity basically being benediction at lower levels. CNJ/WHM is the only low level healer that actually has to cast cure (which as we all know cannot crit).

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah Scholar is pretty fun and easy to heal with, like you literally just have to remember to reposition the fairy to avoid her eating poo poo. It's definitely more engaging than White Mage is, for me at least.
I'd level mine more, but Im a dumb idiot who likes Red Mage way more.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

Little late, but my attempts at climbing the Moonfire Faire tower were a case of "a bridge too far". I made it as far as the last corner jump multiple times before getting tilted and accidentally flying off the tower.

The last stretch of the tower isn't fun. The pegs are so small and their hitboxes so janky that when you reach the corner jumps, you have to jump on thin air and land on thin air. At that point it becomes pure fake difficulty which is where I have to draw the line. The corners should've been given more wiggle room or at least had the pegs lengthened.

Yeah, I got very close to the top a couple times and just gave up after falling off too many times. It wouldn't be so bad if one false move didn't send you all the way back down. This is far, far worse than any of the other jumping puzzles for sightseeing logs.

e: except the one in Kugane where you have to jump all the way from the top of the tower onto that loving lamppost. I still can't get that one done.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 26, 2018

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, I got very close to the top a couple times and just gave up after falling off too many times. It wouldn't be so bad if one false move didn't send you all the way back down. This is far, far worse than any of the other jumping puzzles for sightseeing logs.

e: except the one in Kugane where you have to jump all the way from the top of the tower onto that loving lamppost. I still can't get that one done.

Oh cool, I'm not the only one taunted by the Kugane lookout point on the stupid light. How the hell do you even get onto it, I tried the Ninja teleport and it wont target it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dreadwroth posted:

Oh cool, I'm not the only one taunted by the Kugane lookout point on the stupid light. How the hell do you even get onto it, I tried the Ninja teleport and it wont target it.

You jump from the loving TOWER

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Arist posted:

You jump from the loving TOWER

Correction. You SPRINT and jump from the loving tower.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dreadwroth posted:

DizzyBum posted:

:cmon:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Correction. You SPRINT and jump from the loving tower.

Nah you can just peloton off the last wooden beam before you hit the top of the tower and land on it every time

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I only managed that one by having my wife do the eternal bond teleport up onto the roof with me and take turns jumping off. It took fewer attempts than I'd anticipated but I definitely would have been sick of jumping up the loving thing if I'd done it fair and square.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CYBEReris posted:

Remember that if you place it it won't follow you and drop casts. Placed fairy = more embraces = less targeted heals = more deeps

Remember that if you place her you get to resummon the fairy 1-2 times a dungeon, at least, because you moved on without her.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Arcanist let's me heal without paying attention? :buddy:

Awesome I got onto Omega.

Safeword fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 26, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Safeword posted:

Arcanist let's me heal without paying attention? :buddy:

Awesome I got onto Omega.

Well, Scholar but yeah, at least in easy content :v:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oh pft, don't ruin it for me.

And wow, I instantly noticed the difference in combat. Everything is much snappier, and combat feels a hundred times smoother.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Of course you jump from the tower, because thats totally sensible. Ill give it a go today, wish me luck!

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Safeword posted:

Oh pft, don't ruin it for me.

And wow, I instantly noticed the difference in combat. Everything is much snappier, and combat feels a hundred times smoother.

Why did you start on a non-euro server in the first place?

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

oh no blimp issue posted:

Why did you start on a non-euro server in the first place?

Force of habit. My work schedule has usually landed me with Americans anyway, so I thought I'd cut out the middleman this time!

Turns out there are a lot of sleepless lunatics in the EU too.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Something I learned when I transferred from NA to EU: you can double weave oGCDs!

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Arcanist headwear is incredible. Tell me these hats get even more ridiculous and pointy.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

on the summoner side you get some of the pointiest hats physically possible

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Safeword posted:

Arcanist headwear is incredible. Tell me these hats get even more ridiculous and pointy.

Pictured on a black mage but this hat is all casters

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you like hats, wait until you unlock red mage.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I was at the top of the tower when the event ended, the whole thing disappeared and everyone fell.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Hommando posted:

I was at the top of the tower when the event ended, the whole thing disappeared and everyone fell.

https://gfycat.com/UnsteadyExemplaryBlowfish

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

I just got a screenshot.

It looks like the new event is bugged, the recruiter that's required to start the optional part of the quest didn't spawn.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I was planning to just horde all the eureka crystals and such until the later steps came out so I could see which weapon I liked best and just make it all at once. Turns out geralt won't let you pick up the light grinding quest if you don't have an anemos weapon. Now I have to actually pick which relic to grind. I don't know if I want to make the DRK, SMN, or Ninja weapon. Ive already got the HW DRK relic so I should probably do one of the other two

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

RIP Big Tower. You were a bitch.

Hope they make another one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

It looks like the new event is bugged, the recruiter that's required to start the optional part of the quest didn't spawn.

Yoshidaaaaa. :argh:

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Boy howdy, I sure do love catposting.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
From reddit:

quote:

To be fair, it wouldn't be a faithful recreation of 1.0 if it wasn't broken/unfinished.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Amazing. Time to find the biggest hat and the floofiest dress.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Brd/Mch has the biggest hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Safeword posted:

Amazing. Time to find the biggest hat and the floofiest dress.

Saint Freak posted:

Brd/Mch has the biggest hat

Amon's Hat from Syrcus Tower is probably the biggest/floofiest hat, yes.