Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think people figure gay marriage has passed so hey let bygones be bygones.

That wouldn’t surprise me.

Liberals suck so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

The Papa John thing pretty much boils down to the guy using the N bomb discussing why it's not ok to say ever, right?

No it boils down to the guy (whose company is, or maybe was? the "official pizza of the NFL") blaming football players kneeling in protest of racist cops getting away with murdering black people for his company's declining profits.

He's a tone-deaf racist idiot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And then he was in a phone call with some marketers on how not to be racist and complained because people let Colonel Sanders say the N word.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Waffleman_ posted:

And then he was in a phone call with some marketers on how not to be racist and complained because people let Colonel Sanders say the N word.

Yeah this is basically what ended him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

Exactly, if you dont want to be raped, dress conservatively. If you dont want to be deported dont enter illegally.
Its all so black and white, i wish I had known about this sooner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You could’ve just said “rich people tend to be Republicans” but went here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And most companies are owned by rich people. There is no truly ethical consumption under capitalism.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Always remember, kids,

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
There is no ethical consumption, period.

Embrace your status as glorified plant compost and embrace your inevitable existence as maggot feed

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Nuevo posted:

I don't know about where you live, but that's worked out pretty loving good for Chick-fil-a around here. They've got a packed out parking lot and drive through lines around the building literally from open til close.

There are a lot of Christian bigots who very strongly believe in their message and support it with their wallets.

I live in Canada, outside of one located inside an Airport, the closest location is an eight hour drive across the border.

I only hear about the gay-bashing so to be honest I thought that the brand still had a scarlet letter attached to it still. Helps that up here overt bigotry is still a massive faux pas though subtle bigotry is still widely beloved.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Garrand posted:

Always remember, kids,

Might as well not complain when Nestle does horrible things in Africa then, because there's no ethical alternative until we change literally everything.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Comparing Chick-Fil-A to Papa Johns doesn’t work because Chick-Fil-A has an above average product that’s not readily available anywhere else. If you want a good chicken sandwich and waffle fries in a drive-thru, you’re going to have to rationalize your feelings on homophobia or hope there’s a Zaxby’s nearby.

If you want a lovely pizza, you have choices. Papa Johns can’t afford for their regular customers to realize lovely pizza is literally everywhere.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Krispy Wafer posted:

If you want a lovely pizza, you have choices. Papa Johns can’t afford for their regular customers to realize lovely pizza is literally everywhere.

If you've got a Papa John's nearby you probably have a Little Caesar's too which is superior lovely pizza.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I wish my fiancee would understand Papa John's is bad. It's her favorite chain pizza

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
of all the pizza chains papa johns is the only one where my family got a toenail in the pizza

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

umalt posted:

Hoo boy, a meltdown. :munch:

Papa John's is hosed and they're gonna be the Chick-fil-A of pizza if they can't rebrand and weasel their way outta Mr Johnny himself.

Actually, is it possible to kick him out of the company for good?
He owns 30%

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Zaxby's sucks. Their food is soggy and tasteless. And their commercials are annoying!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

of all the pizza chains papa johns is the only one where my family got a toenail in the pizza

jesus :whitewater:

never had that happen personally, but the one time my family had Papa John's the sauce tasted like an experiment in creating lethal concentrations of oregano, so instead we have somewhat better pizza (Domino's ain't gourmet but it's edible) less often

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Len posted:

I wish my fiancee would understand Papa John's is bad. It's her favorite chain pizza

:sever:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Papa Gino's is at least as good, and it's not hard to find a local pizza place if you live anywhere that isn't the countryside.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a ton of good pizza places here but they don't deliver. You have to use a service like Postmates or UberEats to get it delivered to you. Good pizzas aren't really designed to travel well IMO.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Papa Gino's is at least as good, and it's not hard to find a local pizza place if you live anywhere that isn't the countryside.

Papa John's isn't really a bar to shoot for, if your pizza doesn't beat Papa John's then you're pretty much failing to make pizza at all.

E: forgot I'm not in the Florida thread.

Shit Fuckasaurus has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Aug 26, 2018

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Little Ceasers is better because they know it's lovely pizza. You're not eating it because you want good food, you're eating it because it's cheap and you want pizza flavoring. $5 gives you a pizza immediately.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How does it compare to convenience store pizza or those microwave pizzas? I was surprised that frozen pizzas can be fairly expensive now.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a ton of good pizza places here but they don't deliver. You have to use a service like Postmates or UberEats to get it delivered to you. Good pizzas aren't really designed to travel well IMO.

If a pizza place doesn't deliver then it's not a good pizza place. :colbert:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm just curious, does anyone know if Papa Johns is significantly different in Canada than the US? Like up here it's solidly middle of the road. Certainly there's better, but you can also do much worse.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Or does Canada just have low standards for pizza?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I'm just curious, does anyone know if Papa Johns is significantly different in Canada than the US? Like up here it's solidly middle of the road. Certainly there's better, but you can also do much worse.

It's standard fast food hyperbole.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Len posted:

Mu husband orders Papa John's frequently even though he likes Dominos better, but he gets coupons in emails so that inspires him.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Picnic Princess posted:

Mu husband orders Papa John's frequently even though he likes Dominos better, but he gets coupons in emails so that inspires him.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Smart Marketing Moves: tons and tons of lovely pizza coupons

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Picnic Princess posted:

We have a communal drawer of coupons at work and I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a full price meal purchase there in years

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Might as well not complain when Nestle does horrible things in Africa then, because there's no ethical alternative until we change literally everything.
Seriously. It's amusingly terrible that that's become a mantra to resist any change in individual behavior. Don't bother avoiding blood diamonds, just wait for the Revolution.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Since pizza is comfort food people must Stockholm syndrome themselves into eating the lovely pizza they grew up with. I know I still get a little excited about greasy Pizza Hut even though it's absolutely terrible by any standard.

But Papa John's is in a category all by itself. It's like Hooter's wings with all that loving bread.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dominos used to really loving suck, but now its probably my favorite of the franchise pizzas.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

When I had a meal plan in the dorms I ordered pizza not based on pizza quality but breadstick quality.

Papa John's had the greasiest most garlicky breadsticks and they owned

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Krispy Wafer posted:

Since pizza is comfort food people must Stockholm syndrome themselves into eating the lovely pizza they grew up with. I know I still get a little excited about greasy Pizza Hut even though it's absolutely terrible by any standard.

But Papa John's is in a category all by itself. It's like Hooter's wings with all that loving bread.

Was just about to post something about Pizza Hut. Here in the UK Pizza Hut is the only one that really has proper sit-down restaurants* so approximately 99% of people went there with their parents as a kid, so it's probably considered the gold standard of take away/delivered pizza for that reason, despite the fact you can't get the Ice Cream Factory on delivery.

Virtually every chippy and probably 50%+ of pubs that do food have a pizza oven these days so I think most people just go there. Dominos is popular but I consider it absolute loving garbage.

* Except Pizza Express obviously which for a "restaurant" is absolute crap but in the "lovely fast pizza rankings" is in a league of its own

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Krispy Wafer posted:

Comparing Chick-Fil-A to Papa Johns doesn’t work because Chick-Fil-A has an above average product that’s not readily available anywhere else. If you want a good chicken sandwich and waffle fries in a drive-thru, you’re going to have to rationalize your feelings on homophobia or hope there’s a Zaxby’s nearby.

Wendy's beef burgers are pretty middle of the road, but they have some of the best fast food drive-thru type chicken meat out there I've experienced. And their main political stance is helping kids get adopted, not discriminating against people. YMMV

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Roobanguy posted:

dominos used to really loving suck, but now its probably my favorite of the franchise pizzas.

Dominos quality depends on the local franchise. The one I worked for in Tucson decades ago took great care with their ingredients and quality control. I worked at the store across the street from U of A and we had an interesting group of drivers. The national average is 4 months on the job (that's how long I was there), at that store we had an average of two years. The manager didn't put up with, or cause, any bullshit. Corporate kept out of our hair. People were good at their jobs and got along. We'd even make special orders; we'd put together calzones or make a large thin crust (16" with a 12" dough) - try that, that's good.

Your mileage may vary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Afterwards he started claiming he was pressured into using the N-word by the marketing people and then they tried to blackmail him into paying them money or they would release the tape.

Then the family of Col Sanders came out and said he certainly did not say the N-word when talking about black people.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Those last five words seem like an odd qualifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Krispy Wafer posted:

Very true. I wish I had a Chick-Fil-A near me so I could refuse to go there. From everything I've heard, they have great chicken. Unfortunately, good chicken places are impossible to find in the Twin Cities. The best fried chicken I can get is at Cub. A grocery store of all places. It's still better than KFC.

However, I can get lovely pizza anywhere that is an order of magnitude better than Papa Johns. I've got tons of places within a mile that I can get very edible pizza from. Lots of wood fired places. They're everywhere. The only reason I ever bought from Papa Johns is because it was right next to Blockbusters. Now that Blockbusters is gone, there's no reason to get the slimiest, nastiest, pizza, served with vegetable oil dipping sauce for the crust.