Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is why I have issues with found footage as a genre.
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1033755739364511745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lmao.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
That's the best review of The Fourth Kind I've ever seen.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Reminds me of that Art Bell clip where he learns Blair Witch Project wasn't real.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

checkplease posted:

Or maybe the treatment was no longer that effective? Or living was just getting more uncomfortable? Seems like a big stretch to try to pin some conspiracy on it.

It's always safe to assume John McCain was being an rear end in a top hat.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Another mass shooting happened. Ten miles from my house at a video game tournament for Madden.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Franchescanado posted:

Another mass shooting happened. Ten miles from my house at a video game tournament for Madden.

In Jacksonville, Florida. Sucks.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

They really need to do something about those white males with guns

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Skwirl posted:

I convinced a buncha satan worshipping junkies that The Poughkeepsie Tapes was real for a while and it was great

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skwirl posted:

your issue is that people are stupid?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

They really need to do something about those white males with guns

You mean terror...thug...immigran...no wait, hang on, you mean mentally ill people?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Gatts posted:

You mean terror...thug...immigran...no wait, hang on, you mean mentally ill people?

You wouldn't have mentally ill people if they just pulled up their bootstraps and joined the military where they can learn discipline.

(And also learn the most efficient way to murder a couple dozen people, as well as more likely put a gun in their own mouth after spending a year murdering brown children)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There are a couple neat scenes in The Fourth Kind (the bedroom levitation; the dashcam UFO footage) but good lord, how could that be anybody’s favorite movie, even if they thought it was real? A cursory glance at IMDB proves that everyone in it was an actor.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Yeah, I'm not sure how they would have never seen Milla Jovovich in another movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I mean, it could just be a fake post.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFj_GDWOv4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRgTWHz1Mg

THIS TOTES REAL YOUSE GUISE

HURRRRR

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

K. Waste posted:

Entirely possible, but after reading a bunch of the YouTube comment threads for clips of that movie, i’m convinced that an unusual amount of people think that movie was a documentary.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Did I miss something or has the thread not talked about Crazy Rich Asians?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Franchescanado posted:

We couldn't just have a few days to bask in the glory of John McCain dropping dead?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Playing PUBG, reading Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, listening to Mr. Bungle and might watch The Changeling with George C Scott. Not a bad Sunday.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m at the Prince Charles Cinema for an all-night mystery movie marathon! Five movies and we have no idea what any of them will be. Will update.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I hope one of them turns out to be Salò.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I just hung up on the president of the National Alliance of HUD Tenants. What a bogus bunch of "organizers".

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I just hung up on the president of the National Alliance of HUD Tenants. What a bogus bunch of "organizers".

What was the context, if you can tell us?

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Just got back from the SF 70mm 2001, god drat, think I'm gonna go check out the restored digital IMAX version on tuesday

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MelancholyMark posted:

Just got back from the SF 70mm 2001, god drat, think I'm gonna go check out the restored digital IMAX version on tuesday

It's still playing at a nearby digital IMAX through Wednesday, so I'm definitely double dipping. Especially since I missed the first few minutes.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

What was the context, if you can tell us?

One of their opportunist organizers harrassing our members cause they didnt want to work with her (on the basis of her going to them and saying they should get rid of us, elect her head of their new org, and pay her, and she'll get them rich if they do).

I basically sat and listened to her friends call my comrades liars and then try to get all of us to join their org. I hung up after dude talked for like 7 mins straight and didnt show any sign of stopping. I really tried to be polite but they immediately told me she wasnt an official member, in which case there was no reason for the phone call in the first place and they couldve let me know that in their email response.

edit: Their organizer also was the one that slapped one of the tenants at the city hall meeting and the tenant got arrested from it because of outstanding traffic warrants. This "organizer" also sat with the mafia prince Frank Sinito at the city hall meeting cause shes working with them in some capacity.

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 27, 2018

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Jesus loving christ

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Josh Lyman posted:

Did I miss something or has the thread not talked about Crazy Rich Asians?

Haven’t seen it yet, op

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Anyone see Summer of '84 yet? I thought Turbo Kid was surprisingly decent, so I've been sorta excited for it, and I'm curious if there's a goon consensus.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First movie in the mystery marathon was After Hours, which I love. Was a 35mm print clearly from the original release and the wear and tear seemed to fit it perfectly.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

First movie in the mystery marathon was After Hours, which I love. Was a 35mm print clearly from the original release and the wear and tear seemed to fit it perfectly.

This sounds amazing

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
read an article on the baffler about this stream that every day resets & visualizes total gun deaths in the US thru a GTA Mod, kinda reminds me of Elephant (the Alan Clarke one), cant imagine what a nightmare it'll be by the end of a year
https://www.twitch.tv/josephdelappe

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How does Shudder work? I sign up via my Amazon account? Then, if I have a home theater setup that has an Amazon Prime Video app, can I just watch Shudder stuff via that?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

How does Shudder work? I sign up via my Amazon account? Then, if I have a home theater setup that has an Amazon Prime Video app, can I just watch Shudder stuff via that?

You can get it as a channel on Amazon that way, but you can also get it as an individual subscription (in which case you use the Shudder app) or as part of VRV (in which case you use the VRV app).

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

On Reddit??? Perish the thought.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The fourth kind is a load of poo poo. Where’s the fuckin Grey! Show that poo poo!

That movie is why I ended up making my own alien abduction movie. Because I thought it was so lame.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You can get it as a channel on Amazon that way, but you can also get it as an individual subscription (in which case you use the Shudder app) or as part of VRV (in which case you use the VRV app).

VRV is a little bit of a pain because I’d have to mirror it from my PC (my media center only has preloaded apps for the big 5 services) but it seems like a really good deal seeing as I watch anime.

Is Shudder included in the base subscription? I saw someone saying you have to pay for additional channels. And, if you know, does it have all of Crunchyroll/does Crunchyroll content get added in a timely manner? If I were to buy a sub it’d be mainly to watch Jojo Part 5 simulcast in October.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

VRV is a little bit of a pain because I’d have to mirror it from my PC (my media center only has preloaded apps for the big 5 services) but it seems like a really good deal seeing as I watch anime.

Is Shudder included in the base subscription? I saw someone saying you have to pay for additional channels. And, if you know, does it have all of Crunchyroll/does Crunchyroll content get added in a timely manner? If I were to buy a sub it’d be mainly to watch Jojo Part 5 simulcast in October.

I'm not really sure what the base subscription for VRV is, but I do the "VRV Premium" one that has everything for like $10.99 a month. Crunchyroll stuff seems to be behind, but only by a matter of like, a couple hours, and if you get that subscription your login works on the main CR site too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Anyone see Summer of '84 yet? I thought Turbo Kid was surprisingly decent, so I've been sorta excited for it, and I'm curious if there's a goon consensus.

Wasn't crazy about it, some good set pieces & acting. Never elevated to where it should have gone.

• Locked thread